PDA

View Full Version : Do you have space for all your stuff?

broctoon
04-12-2002, 03:10 PM
Sorry if this have been covered before, but I was wondering what you guys do with all your figures. I used to have a huge bedroom in the basement when I lived at home, but now that I am in an apartment I have nowhere to put all my stuff! I used to have every single one of my figures tacked to my bedroom wall, and it looked DAMN impressive (I keep them all carded, and buy doubles of the ones I want to open). But between POTF2 (which I have all of), Episode I (about 85% of the line) and POTJ (missing about four), I can't decide what to do with all my toys. Right now the majority of them are stacked up in a closet collecting dust, which sucks. Plus, I only have room to display about three or four vehicles. And with the Saga toys out soon it will only get worse. So how do you guys deal with too many figures- too little space?

2-1B
04-12-2002, 03:16 PM
Well, most of my figs are opened, so I am able to cram them onto my shelves. My carded figs are packed away for now, I have no room for those. :(

broctoon, did you take your name form an old SNL sketch? :D

aharry
04-12-2002, 03:21 PM
I'll have to get real creative with my shelf space.

fourtwo
04-12-2002, 03:23 PM
i'm running out of room, every time i get something new its a shuffle session, its part of the fun.
when i move out i'll be screwed. :)

187-Maul
04-12-2002, 05:09 PM
I have enough space since a) I don't have many figs compared to you guys and b) and keep them loose in my dioramas
but the problem is that I have to put up more shelves for my mcfarlane figs (I keep them loose also)

jedi_uk73
04-12-2002, 05:25 PM
I ran out of space about a year ago. Oh well, alot now has been boxed. About 40 boxes worth.

I only have the current POTJ figures hanging on my wall, but even they will be boxed up when E2 figures are officially released. A few bits are on my shelves but even they are full.

As they say S**T happens. Need a new ( bigger ) house. I've already taken up 2 rooms.

Sith Vicious
04-12-2002, 06:50 PM
I ran out of space a while ago also. I only collect loose, so I just pack the figures in zip lock bags with their accessories, and store them in a box. I display my newest stuff in the little space I have available.

DarthMaulSithLord
04-12-2002, 06:52 PM
- AT-ST x3; 2 Loose, 1 w/box, 1 MIMB.
- AT-AT Walker (Electronic) w/AT-AT Driver and AT-AT Commander x1; MIMB.
- A-Wing Fighter w/Pilot x1; Loose w/box.
- Boba Fett's Slave I x1; MIMB.
- Landspeeder x1; Loose w/box.
- Millennium Falcon (Electronic) x1; Loose w/box.
- Rebel Snowspeeder (Electronic) x2; 1 Loose w/box, 1 MIMB w/Widevision card.
- Speeder Bike w/Leia in Endor Gear x1; MIMB.
- Speeder Bike w/Luke Skywalker in Endor Gear x1; Loose w/box.
- Speeder Bike w/Scout Trooper x2; 1 Loose w/box, 1 MIMB.
- Swoop w/Rider (SOTE) x1; MIMB.
- Tatooine Skiff w/Unique Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker x1; MIMB.
- TIE-Fighter x4; 2 Loose w/box, 2 loose without.
- X-Wing Fighter (Electronic, 1st version) x1; Loose w/box.
- Y-Wing Fighter w/Unique Rebel Alliance Pilot x1; MIMB.

And these are just my OT vehicles

SithDroid
04-12-2002, 07:14 PM
I have two closets worth, plus a whole shed filled with SW stuff. I stopped collecting vehicles because they were the biggest space consumer.

LTBasker
04-12-2002, 07:17 PM
I've got no space for my SW stuff, but I find a way. :D Some stuff like army-builder extras I've got stuffed away in boxes and my POTJ figure I've got hanging on my wall while I find something to do for my carded POTF2/E1 and soon my Saga collection, some loose figures are in mini-dioramas while I make plans to redo my "Collection" room for my shelves and stuff. By the time SW toys stop being made, I'm gonna have to use a broom to hold everything back as I open the door to put the new stuff in. :D

InsaneJediGirl
04-12-2002, 07:36 PM
I keep 90% of everything loose,but its my Taco Bell Promotion items and vehicles take up the most space.So far,its been solves with putting everything in rubbermaid containers and shoving it into the closet until I get more shelves up.:D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-12-2002, 11:50 PM
I often say if you can take one step in my bedroom without touching a Star Wars item, my collection is yours. My bedroom isn't that big, so I have to cram in a lot of stuff. The bad part is picking and choosing which items stay and which go in the boxes. It would be a lot worse if I brought up all the stuff that has been sitting in my basement for a couple of years now.

I collect a lot of boxed Micro Machines and Action Fleet and I now realize that I have to stack them if I want them all to fit in my room. The bad part of stacking is that only the top row is displayed while the stuff on the bottom just collects dust.

Sean the Hutt
04-13-2002, 04:43 AM
totally screwed here! We are future toy sellers. you can't take it with you, so sooner or later you will have to sell all the boxes we have so patiently saved over the years! We should all start a Star wars toy museum, and donate something!

Obi-Don
04-13-2002, 06:32 AM
I to have ran out of room but will pack some away if I have to. I have a large size of the action fleet that look good but I'm not into those any more so I guess they will be the first to go.

steve3p0
04-13-2002, 11:55 AM
the majority of my collection is displayed on the upper half of the walls of my bedroom. i have somewhere around 200 figures hanging on push pins. at least one of each figure is displayed. i have no more space for display and only limited closet shelf space. so come 4/23 , some will have to make the move to closet boxes.

aharry
04-13-2002, 02:06 PM
I used eye hooks and fishing line to hang all my flying vehicles from the roof. If you get very thin fishing line, you never see it unless the light hits it just right. This also bought me some space to set up other things.

DarthMaulSithLord
04-13-2002, 05:58 PM
Good idea, but what about large vehicles? I.e. Falcon, Royal Starship.

Oh btw, are there any peeps in here that collect multiple lines? If so, how do you seperate them? I also collect Jurassic Park and i recently started buying LOTR toys.

:D

Jargo
04-13-2002, 09:00 PM
for tips on hanging the larger ships check out the customising section. there's a thread devoted to it :)

I just invested in a modular shelving system that lets me get 99% of my stuff on shelves without hanging ships. It's all open and there's whole armies of battle droids and stormies on there too. The shelves are two feet by three feet and there's five shelves to a section. two sections with a joining corner section that's three feet by thrree feet by two feet by one foot. All in all i have room to display large dioramas of everything up til the next movie. Then i have to get creative with space and add in another shelving module. Oh, the shelving is from IKEA and the range is IVAR if anyone's looking for a good shelving solution. :) It's got open sides and back so you can see right through from any side. perfect. let's loads of light get to the figures at the back of the shelf. Nothing worse than dark shelving where you can't see anything.

I also have a ton of stuff shoved under the bed but that's the stuff i bought and then didn't like any more like the Theed playsets and tons of crappy figures like the million and one Mauls and Obi-Wans.

Lord Tenebrous
04-13-2002, 09:55 PM
I'm almost to capacity. I have four crates filled with action figures and vehicles, my Micro Machines playsets are stacked on the top of my bookshelves, and my AOTC Lego sets are on my topmost desk shelf. My store banners are on the lower mattress of my trundle bed. And I have a few loose figures spread throughout in various scenes.

I've started escavating and cleaning my old He-Man and Ninja Turtle figures, so I'm going for the "figure war" look. :)

187-Maul
04-14-2002, 08:19 AM
I use ikea shelves too, but the model LACK, they're 190cm x 26cm x 5cm and are pretty good for spawn figs

BTW we use IVAR too in our house but as bookshelves

stillakid
04-14-2002, 10:09 AM
I have half (okay, more like 3/4) of my kid's closet stuffed with just my Star Wars toys. I keep most of the ships in their boxes up on shelves, as they store better that way. The same with most of the playsets. All but one or two of my figures are loose, so I store them in those 4-drawer plastic shelf things (with wheels) that you can buy at Target or Kmart. I have a three of the plastic storage bin things to put loose vintage playsets, beasts, and Micromachines. All of that is carefully stacked in the closet like a giant puzzle. Everything is highly accessable, but when I start adding AOTC items, that may have to change (or else the kid's won't have any closet space for themselves.)

I do have to keep my vintage Shuttle out on display mainly because I have no room in the closet at the moment to store it.

When I do open vehicles, playsets, and figures and can't store them in their original boxes, I "break" the boxes or packaging down and put them flat in a bag. I have two bags stuffed full of nothing but playset, vehicle, and beast packaging. Figure cardbacks are kept in a shoebox, though I'll have to buy a size 14 shoe next time :) if I want to keep the cards all in the same box.

When I do get a house, that extra "toy" room is a must.

broctoon
04-14-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
Well, most of my figs are opened, so I am able to cram them onto my shelves. My carded figs are packed away for now, I have no room for those. :(

broctoon, did you take your name form an old SNL sketch? :D

Yes! Finally somebody knows where my name came from! I've been using broctoon for about 4-5 years for e-mail and various other things, and I've always had to explain it to people. Yes, it's most definitely from an old SNL skit. The Mr. Belvedere Fanclub skit, to be exact- my favorite skit of all time. :D

mightywhelk
04-18-2002, 09:27 AM
I have a loft conversion that when I moved in looked more than spacious enough to cope with my collection ata the time and my purchases in the future.

Oh dear, how wrong was I....

Now, three of the four walls are occupied with carded figs, and bookshelves to hold all the loose stuff like the vintage figures, Lego and of course, all the novels and reference books. THe vehicle boxes are occupying the floor and I've got a delivery coming that includes the Naboo Royal Starship, and then there's all the AOTC/Saga stuff that will have be purchased!

The really annoying thing is that I have another spare bedroom but the wife wants to turn it into a 'nursery'. Nooooooooooooo!

Mandalorian Candidat
04-18-2002, 10:55 AM
I have all my stuff packed away in sterlite/rubbermaid 30 gallon containers. I have about 9 containers plus an AT-AT and a Falcon in my parents garage and 3-4 containers in my garage. I have so much stuff there's no way to display it all, plus my kids would get into them.

Since the saga line is going to the double-wide bubble, I may run out of room very very fast. It looks like I may actually open the Saga stuff just to save room. Well, there's always a first for everything.

stillakid
04-18-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat

Since the saga line is going to the double-wide bubble,

Do you have room for a "double-wide" out back?;)

Amanamike
04-18-2002, 02:50 PM
I have a closet that I have to rearrange every month to keep things going in. I only display a few things around my house cause my wife hates it and my kids would break them. Im looking into the IKEA bertby glass door display cases that I saw another collector use in another web site forum. He had 3 for all his loose figures, which is what I want too do.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-18-2002, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by stillakid

Do you have room for a "double-wide" out back?;)

No I don't think I'll be starting a trailer park in my back yard anytime soon. :)

PCofmisfittoys
04-20-2002, 10:56 PM
lord invest in storage building...but the climate controlled. I rent two plus a thre bedroom apartment and it's still not enough room. By the ceiling is a great hanging place.

JEDIpartner
04-21-2002, 12:37 PM
No... and yes. I don't have room to display all of it, but I have room here to store it and "rotate the inventory" so to speak!

3rdamention
04-21-2002, 07:06 PM
Damn, I have stuff in those Rubbermaid containers from Wal mart. I have stuff on my entertainment center, stuff on my shelf system, and stuff on my bed.

BUt I display 4 different types of toys. He-Man, Star Wars, Mask, And Thundercats. And I rotate figures in and out of display monthly. SO my room is not just a Star Wars room.

DarthMaulSithLord
04-22-2002, 11:19 AM
Well peeps. i completed a listing of my current collections and i was quite shocked. I have waaaaay too much. And i only listed the collections that are still coming in. So i left out M.A.S.K. He-Man, GIJOE, BraveStar etc. Oh man, i need to sell some stuff.

My Collection (http://www.dansjp3page.com/hosting/DarthMaul/MyCollection.htm)

PS: if anyone is interested, i have 4 MIMB M.A.S.K. Vandals for sale.

:crazed:

eliwankenobi
04-23-2002, 07:27 PM
i ran out of room a long time ago....
i have about 100 carded figs tacked up on one of my bedroom walls - all my faves from every series since '95 (i constantly have to rearrange this); my electronic x-wing and y-wing are hanging from the ceiling; about 40 loose figs on the shelf over my desk; and a variety of my fave collectible on two large bookcases.
the other 200+ figs are boxed, along with all the vehicles, numerous collectibles, other toys, etc. in three closets and my garage... i'm going to have to rent storage if i keep this up!

jedihunter25
04-23-2002, 07:46 PM
Does this answer your question?

jedihunter25
04-23-2002, 07:48 PM

jedihunter25
04-23-2002, 07:53 PM

DarthMaulSithLord
04-23-2002, 08:24 PM
That's a lot of toys!!!

:eek:

187-Maul
04-23-2002, 08:36 PM
a lot indeed! did you make that closet (with the SW style side) yourself or did you buy it somewhere?

jedihunter25
04-23-2002, 08:37 PM
I had to sick this in the living room!

jedihunter25
04-23-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by 187-Maul
a lot indeed! did you make that closet (with the SW style side) yourself or did you buy it somewhere? I made it myself. It's for my ESB shelf.(yes I know I need to fix it!)

LusiferSam
04-27-2002, 11:17 PM
I was slowly running out of space, but with AOTC stuff it's tight. I don't have room to display 99% of my stuff. So I rotate figures. Vehicles are another story. I'm keeping them in my basement for the time, but I have so many (vintage though Sage) it's hard to find space for them all.

Tycho
04-28-2002, 02:39 AM
The Jedi Master points ought to be exchangeable for real estate!

I really do need to buy a house (4 bdrms, living room, dining room, family room, and country kitchen, plus use the garage), and then I could display all my stuff.

So that's the goal. Seriously. I outgrew a 2 bdrm / 2 bth apartment and can only display my Classic stuff. I open and test set up dioramas for the current prequel film, but have no space to leave them up. It sucks because I really like the way I did my E1 Hanger Battle (the way the figures were all posed), but that came down to make room for AOTC.

Here's some links to my dioramas from our old pages:

No single planet is doubled up in the same room.

Hoth is in my bedroom, Tatooine - my office where I am currently sitting typing to you, and Endor is in my living room, along with the Death Star.

Naboo is still test-set in an unfinished display in my country-kitchen. I just needed to know how many droids and Gungans I'd use in the final production. The Arena sets are going in there next, temporarily, so I can see what I can fit.

Here's some of my dioramas (the larger ones): (http://209.197.117.27/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=sscollections2.setup&category=starwars&topic=11&search_and_display_db_button=yes)

And here's my 5 foot Rebel Blockade Runner. This is along one side of my bed, next to the sliding glass door that goes out to my balcony.

The Tantive IV (http://209.197.117.27/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=sscollections2.setup&category=starwars&topic=32&search_and_display_db_button=yes)

stillakid
04-28-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Tycho
The Jedi Master points ought to be exchangeable for real estate!

I really do need to buy a house (4 bdrms, living room, dining room, family room, and country kitchen, plus use the garage), and then I could display all my stuff.

So that's the goal. Seriously. I outgrew a 2 bdrm / 2 bth apartment and can only display my Classic stuff. I open and test set up dioramas for the current prequel film, but have no space to leave them up. It sucks because I really like the way I did my E1 Hanger Battle (the way the figures were all posed), but that came down to make room for AOTC.

Here's some links to my dioramas from our old pages:

No single planet is doubled up in the same room.

Hoth is in my bedroom, Tatooine - my office where I am currently sitting typing to you, and Endor is in my living room, along with the Death Star.

Naboo is still test-set in an unfinished display in my country-kitchen. I just needed to know how many droids and Gungans I'd use in the final production. The Arena sets are going in there next, temporarily, so I can see what I can fit.

Here's some of my dioramas (the larger ones): (http://209.197.117.27/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=sscollections2.setup&category=starwars&topic=11&search_and_display_db_button=yes)

And here's my 5 foot Rebel Blockade Runner. This is along one side of my bed, next to the sliding glass door that goes out to my balcony.

The Tantive IV (http://209.197.117.27/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=sscollections2.setup&category=starwars&topic=32&search_and_display_db_button=yes)

What do the chicks think of all this when you bring 'em home?

Tycho
04-28-2002, 03:12 PM
Several things:

1) once you sleep with them, they spend the rest of their lives trying to rationalize it for themselves, so PLAN A is to spend the night at their place first.

2) since I rarely meet girls in Toys R Us (other locations for toy shopping), I usually do meet them doing other things I like - in Karate class, at the gym, jet skiing, in co-ed softball, etc. So they know I have other interests they can share with me and they don't have to be a Star Wars fan. Honestly, to a girl who would think something's "wrong" with me, Star Wars is my ONLY vice.

3) they hang around me to see if I'll invest $30,000 on them (NOT! - they don't wear a blue vest and look like a Giraffe - for which I'm eternally thankful!)

4) They think I'm a freak, but usually bring another one of their girlfriends over with them for a second visit, just to double-check. That's how I can tell they liked me in the beginning. I wouldn't see them if they didn't. And when I never see them again after the girl and her friend check out my Rebel Cruiser I fly in my bedroom, (the one with the action figures inside of it), that's when I know...:rolleyes:

5) I can salvage situation #4 half the time. I'm a pretty self-confident individual, but also a nice one - I don't put others down or make them feel bad on purpose. But experience having that done to me has taught me how to do it.

If I sense the turn-down coming from a girl who's prejudiced against my SW collection, I remind her that she'll NEVER meet another guy like me - who loves life and things he likes enough to be that proud of it. Others are hypocrites and hide their hobbies, and consequently their personalities, to ever look "simply conformist or normal" to fit Cosmo Magazine's description of the perfect man.

Well I remind the girl that if she can't appreciate me liking something so passionately, she'll opt for a man who will eventually lose his appreciation for her when her looks fade, or sex with a blonde gets boring and a brunette becomes more desirable. He makes no committment, and furthermore, tires of her and hiding his personality. Almost all of the SW collectors I know are either the young and recently married, or those with long-term girlfriends. They are comfortable in their relationships being themselves.

That people hide who they are, and then get tired of the person they do that for, and get tired of pretending to be somebody that they THINK some girl wants, then they "change" on their lover (wife) etc. and people break up and get divorced.

I remind a girl that there are no hidden secrets to my personality. It's all laid out like a sarlaac (pardon my joke) and it's there for everyone to see.

As a child pushing my first landspeeder across the tile floor with Luke and Obi-Wan racing to another adventure, I swore I'd never give the fun up to become an adult and argue with my wife about vacation plans to bills. I was happy with the simple stuff, just imagining my adventures I'd love to be a part of in a galaxy far, far away. Today, I can pay my own bills, live on my own, afford a girlfriend (sounds bad put that way, doesn't it?), afford my vacations (to Indianapolis for one!), and I have adult toys like a SeaDoo, hobbies like team sports, and I have still never given up something I love: Star Wars. In that way I HAVE NOT CHANGED SINCE I WAS 3 YEARS OLD! And I'm damned straight proud of it!

So I tell a girl she can walk out that door if she's too afraid to date a guy with a real personality and a pair to back them up - or if she's too afraid to develop a personality beyond the one YM mag tells her she should have. I'm not going to marry her if she doesn't love me for who I am, and that I hope she gets what she deserves - a miserable divorce - if she rushes into relationships with fake men who are "just trying to get some" and think they've fallen in love with her before they learn to love themselves.

In any case, the guilt trip I lay on them with that usually works - likely because it's TRUE, and they know it. Sometimes I have the would-be prosecutioner girl in tears by this time, as they know they have developed no such personality or character in their petty lives to make them really worthwhile to anyone, and then I show them I have a heart and a shoulder to cry on.

I win some, I lose some. Just like everybody else.

Though if some might recall that I've changed girlfriends frequently, it's because of them more than me. They lie, cheat, want to use you for money (sex too, but that's ok by me), and they count all of these things as their past-time achievements. To me, I don't care about such things or how I get along in relationships with however-many-people. I like sharing things I like to talk about and activities I do with others, especially someone I'm intimate with. I can't be intimate with someone that's not even intimate with themselves. Maybe it's my age, and my dating range for girls (18 - 25 or thereabouts), but I don't care. Nothing in my struggle I've identified above makes me want to marry - and yes I do want more than sex. But for both intimacy and even a long-term 'sexual arrangement,' I haven't found anything worth keeping yet - EXCEPT MY STAR WARS COLLECTION!

So the bottom line is - who cares?

They won't have a husband who's making a career that will afford him a $400,000 house - so they'll stick around me trying to get a stake in it (in divorce court) but I'll fill my life with Star Wars, and there's only room for the Dark Side in my heart!

stillakid
04-28-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
Several things:

1) once you sleep with them, they spend the rest of their lives trying to rationalize it for themselves, so PLAN A is to spend the night at their place first.

2) since I rarely meet girls in Toys R Us (other locations for toy shopping), I usually do meet them doing other things I like - in Karate class, at the gym, jet skiing, in co-ed softball, etc. So they know I have other interests they can share with me and they don't have to be a Star Wars fan. Honestly, to a girl who would think something's "wrong" with me, Star Wars is my ONLY vice.

3) they hang around me to see if I'll invest $30,000 on them (NOT! - they don't wear a blue vest and look like a Giraffe - for which I'm eternally thankful!)

4) They think I'm a freak, but usually bring another one of their girlfriends over with them for a second visit, just to double-check. That's how I can tell they liked me in the beginning. I wouldn't see them if they didn't. And when I never see them again after the girl and her friend check out my Rebel Cruiser I fly in my bedroom, (the one with the action figures inside of it), that's when I know...:rolleyes:

5) I can salvage situation #4 half the time. I'm a pretty self-confident individual, but also a nice one - I don't put others down or make them feel bad on purpose. But experience having that done to me has taught me how to do it.

If I sense the turn-down coming from a girl who's prejudiced against my SW collection, I remind her that she'll NEVER meet another guy like me - who loves life and things he likes enough to be that proud of it. Others are hypocrites and hide their hobbies, and consequently their personalities, to ever look "simply conformist or normal" to fit Cosmo Magazine's description of the perfect man.

Well I remind the girl that if she can't appreciate me liking something so passionately, she'll opt for a man who will eventually lose his appreciation for her when her looks fade, or sex with a blonde gets boring and a brunette becomes more desirable. He makes no committment, and furthermore, tires of her and hiding his personality. Almost all of the SW collectors I know are either the young and recently married, or those with long-term girlfriends. They are comfortable in their relationships being themselves.

That people hide who they are, and then get tired of the person they do that for, and get tired of pretending to be somebody that they THINK some girl wants, then they "change" on their lover (wife) etc. and people break up and get divorced.

I remind a girl that there are no hidden secrets to my personality. It's all laid out like a sarlaac (pardon my joke) and it's there for everyone to see.

As a child pushing my first landspeeder across the tile floor with Luke and Obi-Wan racing to another adventure, I swore I'd never give the fun up to become an adult and argue with my wife about vacation plans to bills. I was happy with the simple stuff, just imagining my adventures I'd love to be a part of in a galaxy far, far away. Today, I can pay my own bills, live on my own, afford a girlfriend (sounds bad put that way, doesn't it?), afford my vacations (to Indianapolis for one!), and I have adult toys like a SeaDoo, hobbies like team sports, and I have still never given up something I love: Star Wars. In that way I HAVE NOT CHANGED SINCE I WAS 3 YEARS OLD! And I'm damned straight proud of it!

So I tell a girl she can walk out that door if she's too afraid to date a guy with a real personality and a pair to back them up - or if she's too afraid to develop a personality beyond the one YM mag tells her she should have. I'm not going to marry her if she doesn't love me for who I am, and that I hope she gets what she deserves - a miserable divorce - if she rushes into relationships with fake men who are "just trying to get some" and think they've fallen in love with her before they learn to love themselves.

In any case, the guilt trip I lay on them with that usually works - likely because it's TRUE, and they know it. Sometimes I have the would-be prosecutioner girl in tears by this time, as they know they have developed no such personality or character in their petty lives to make them really worthwhile to anyone, and then I show them I have a heart and a shoulder to cry on.

I win some, I lose some. Just like everybody else.

Though if some might recall that I've changed girlfriends frequently, it's because of them more than me. They lie, cheat, want to use you for money (sex too, but that's ok by me), and they count all of these things as their past-time achievements. To me, I don't care about such things or how I get along in relationships with however-many-people. I like sharing things I like to talk about and activities I do with others, especially someone I'm intimate with. I can't be intimate with someone that's not even intimate with themselves. Maybe it's my age, and my dating range for girls (18 - 25 or thereabouts), but I don't care. Nothing in my struggle I've identified above makes me want to marry - and yes I do want more than sex. But for both intimacy and even a long-term 'sexual arrangement,' I haven't found anything worth keeping yet - EXCEPT MY STAR WARS COLLECTION!

So the bottom line is - who cares?

They won't have a husband who's making a career that will afford him a $400,000 house - so they'll stick around me trying to get a stake in it (in divorce court) but I'll fill my life with Star Wars, and there's only room for the Dark Side in my heart!

Wow! Cool. Thanks. I simple answer would have been good enough. You don't have to justify it to me (ask my wife :rolleyes: ). But you know, the perception of Star Wars fans of "geek" (which is just a little better than being a Trekkie nerd) isn't usually conducive to bedding hot babes. Long term relationships are something else, but yeah, if they really like who you are, they usually don't mind the hobbies, whatever they turn out to be.