PDA

View Full Version : How much do you spend per week?

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-02-2001, 12:05 AM
Just curious to see how much money do our different ssg members spend per week (if you don't mind disclosing), on average, for Star Wars toys and related merchandise. I know the dollar amount may vary from week to week but what do you average?

For me, a young and poor college student, I'll say 25 bucks a week which is a heck of a lot since I take about 80 bucks out of a my bi-weekly check (the rest goes right to the bank). Yesterday I bought a B-wing at Target (39.99) plus some clearance figures at Wally Mart (Bespin Leia and Han, Chewie Mechanic, Mon Calamari and Porkins--$15). Sad since I just got paid Wednesday. Now I have to wait two weeks from Wednesday-- 9/12 (an agonizingly long wait:( ) to go on another binge. I'm sure when I get older and more money that value will increase.

What do the rest of you have to say?

Cool Han Luke
09-02-2001, 12:24 AM
I'm sure Hasbro and the big 4 would love to here more news like this. I don't have a budget for toys but I do have limited space for them. A good rule of thumb is pay yourself first, then your bills and anything left over is put into making your home a little less spacious. I'll say a conservative $30 weekly on average.

Oilboy
09-02-2001, 07:59 AM
Well, my spending varies drastically from week to week, so i will give you a monthly average:$175.00

ThomasLane
09-04-2001, 10:56 AM
For me it varies from week to week too, but I'd have to say on average over a year it doesn't come out to more than $5 a week. I only go for the figures though, and I only buy the figures that I like (which is most of them).

OC47150
09-04-2001, 12:21 PM
If my area has been dry with no new figures in sight, it might be a couple of weeks before I buy a figure. This past weekend, the local KMart had Coruscant guards, K3PO and Saesee Tinn, which I needed, and TRU had the boxed set where you got a mini vehicle and a figure clearanced for $2. I charged the figures and paid cash for the vehicles.

I used part of my so-called tax refund to buy my B-wing and a couple of Gungan warriors in Augus.

Another rule I follow is: If I don't have the money, I don't look. It's easier not to go out after work and be tempted when I don't have the cash.

jedi master sal
09-04-2001, 12:43 PM
I just got the collection of Deformed Palm Talkers other than that haven't spent much, because there just isn't that muh new to buy and I don't need anymore multiple to collect or customize.

But.... on the whole I wouls say I spend about $25-40 a week. Depending on availibility.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-04-2001, 03:08 PM
I have cut back CONSIDERABLY since 1999; I believe Hasbro pulled about $1500 from my wallet that year. Now it's closer to $40 a month or so. :(

OC47150
09-04-2001, 03:32 PM
in the last year and a half, for every piece I bought at regular price (and that's mostly figures) there were at least three items I picked up at clearanced/marked down prices. I picked up the royal starship for $38 in July!

JediCole
09-04-2001, 04:37 PM
As others have said, with the present retail outlet "dry spell" it is difficult to work up a weekly total. In a good month I could wind up spending about $100.00 or more. The "good months" should be back again soon with the release of the Deluxe line and the current "invisible four" (Han (Death Star), Luke (X-Wing), Smi Skywalker, and Obi-Wan (Jedi Training) out any day now (though I only want two of the four regular and three of the four Deluxe figures). What's really going to kill my wallet is Episode II. If there is a market dump of figures like there was with EI, something on the order of twenty figures, I need to start a fund today because I will want all of the initial releases.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-04-2001, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by OC47150
in the last year and a half, for every piece I bought at regular price (and that's mostly figures) there were at least three items I picked up at clearanced/marked down prices. I picked up the royal starship for $38 in July!

That's how I got sucked into collecting Episode I and POTJ--clearance prices! This summer I found a couple of HTF POTJ at KB for buy-one-get-one-free. Once I bought those I couldn't stop. The same thing with Episode I. I maybe had 10 Episode 1 figs (the coolest ones) when TRU rolled out it's massive $1.97 sale. Now I've just got to get them all. They sucked me in. Fargin bastages at Hasbro.

drsidious
09-06-2001, 04:57 PM
how much do i spend per week....too much
but its worth it with somthing or other on clearance at every store

master jedi
09-06-2001, 10:57 PM
It depends on how much I find per week. I could find a lot of stuff,not much stuff or no stuff. Lately I haven't gotten any SW stuff.

bigbarada
09-07-2001, 12:01 AM
I can't really guess at how much I spend per week, but I would say easily $400 a month goes to Star Wars stuff.:eek:

More on a good month.:eek: :eek:

2-1B
09-07-2001, 01:40 AM
Since April I've spent zero dollars per week. I quit "cold turkey" and I haven't fallen off the wagon yet !