PDA

View Full Version : C3-PO coverings

SuperBattleDroid88
04-12-2002, 09:46 PM
For those of you who have the AOTC C3-PO, does the coverings cover the back of his body or just the front. It wouldn't look right if it was just in the front. I have a feeling it is just on the front......
:mad:

Thanks!!!!! HAPPY HUNTING!!!!!!!!! :)

SBD88

Battle Droid
04-12-2002, 09:49 PM
He has back coverings, but they don't come off.

SuperBattleDroid88
04-12-2002, 09:51 PM
Oh so there is already coverings on the back?
That works for me I guess..... :rolleyes:

THANK YOU BATTLEDROID AND HAPPY HUNTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

SBD88

Battle Droid
04-12-2002, 09:53 PM
Yep the back coverings are part of the figures mold.

Lord Tenebrous
04-12-2002, 11:08 PM
Mild Spoilers

This first AOTC C-3PO is based on a now-cut scene where Padme plated him with coverings in the Lars garage. Threepio is now fully complete with coverings from the beginning. So if you aren't too pleased with this concept, you can wait for Threepio (Droid Foundry), the deluxe figure which should be movie accurate, and include other interesting "play" features.

End Spoilers

TikiFett
04-12-2002, 11:08 PM
I love this figure. And all of his many pieces fit very well too.

brentfett
04-13-2002, 12:21 AM
I still don't like this figure. With the coverings on it just looks too bulky, like the Michelin man or something. Tenebrous, how do you know that scene with Padme was cut? What can we expect form the second C3PO AOTC figure?

Lord Tenebrous
04-13-2002, 12:51 AM
Minor Spoiler

The AOTC Visual Dictionary presents the new story, which is that Shmi completed Threepio a few years after Anakin left, borrowing parts from Watto. It works better for the story, I think.

Major Spoiler

The AOTC Deluxe Threepio should have a removeable head, and come with a battle droid's body, as well as other mechanical accessories.

I feel it could definately be an improvement over the basic figure, and would provide a more photo-realistic Threepio sculpt, a Threepio that can finally hold something, and even some droid debris if you just want to use this as a droid-builder set.

Here's there graphic scan of it, don't click if you don't like spoilers:

Battle Droid
04-13-2002, 01:38 AM
LOL That's too funny.:crazed:

Jedi_Rainman
04-13-2002, 03:52 AM
Comic humor rules...lol...looks like a killer C-3PO