PDA

View Full Version : How much are you going to spend?

neimoidian85
04-12-2002, 10:14 PM
....on April 23. It kinda stinks for me because I only have 70 bucks right now.

I plan on spending 20 for the novel, and the other 50 (probably more by then) on the action figures that I want (which is all of them but I must be selective!)

Dar' Argol
04-12-2002, 10:18 PM
I have between $150-$200 set aside. Of course I am also getting some other SW things that I have passed up. My wife just shakes her head and says "As long as its your money"

"Yes Dear:rolleyes: "

Jedikmg
04-12-2002, 10:18 PM
I am planning on spending in the 300-500$ range

Battle Droid
04-12-2002, 10:19 PM
I've already spent $30.00 some dollars on AOTC toys. (not counting preview figs)

I may spend $50.00 more for now.

SuperBattleDroid88
04-12-2002, 10:28 PM
Right now I have $110.00 saved up and should be more by the time April 23 comes around. I might have $140.00 if everything works out right. That should buy me about 23 basic figures.....
146.05 could be the total for me with all the tax......
I don't know!!!!! I want to get a Mace Windu (Deluxe) also!!!!
AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Need more money!!!!!!! :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Lord Tenebrous
04-12-2002, 10:34 PM
I've already spent $14.88, and I don't think it's going to go past $20.

IcebergSlim
04-12-2002, 10:57 PM
I happened to be lucky and score 11 figures before the release date, so I guess I only have to get 10 or so more figures, a beast or 2 and a couple ships.

That should be about $250

Sith Lord 0498
04-12-2002, 11:40 PM
I did budget out $204 (after tax) for midnight madness at Wal-Mart, but I found a couple of the items tonight at K-Mart and was able to buy them but for slightly higher prices. So it looks like my grand total will be somewhere around $215-220. Gotta love those credit cards!!!

dexter_finster
04-12-2002, 11:55 PM
I've got about $400 budgeted...

2-1B
04-13-2002, 12:11 AM
Hmmm . . . around $75 for the novelization, soundtrack, 12" Obers and Anakin . . . plus another $24 for 4 basic figures . . . and then maybe $30 on LEGO.

$130, maybe $150 :)

Mandalorian Candidat
04-13-2002, 12:52 AM
Good luck on the budgeting everyone. According to JediRainman he's counted at least 27 different figures (28 with the Battle Droid white/brown variation) to be released on 4/23. That doesn't count deluxe versions, beast packs, 12" stuff, or Padme blowup dolls. :)

If you get them at W-M that's 28 x $5.88 = $164.64. After tax it'll be $174.93. Throw in another $15 for the soundtrack. Better buy stock in Visa now.

aharry
04-13-2002, 01:57 AM
27 times 6.50 = 175.5 times 2 = $351 This is for the 27 figures being released with a round-about estimate including tax. I'm not sure what tax for 5.88(walmart price) or 5.99(TRU price I believe). That is for one set to open and one set to keep on card. I got the jedi fighter, bomber, and snowspeeder so I no longer have to include them in my budget. This leaves Slave 1 and the speeders(if they are released) as the only vehicles I need but I was going to wait on those and see how many actually show up on shelves. I may also hold off on the deluxe figures. I remember buying everything during EP 1's mid-madness only to see that JarJar/Kaadu go from $19.99 to something like $8.00. I'm only concerned about figures this time around, so if I have about $350 to $370, that should be plenty. I guess I better deliver alot of pizzas in the next ten days or get a few big tips. So remember to tip the pizza man, he may need figures too.

2-1B
04-13-2002, 02:12 AM
Hmmm, after searching the "27 list", I need to budget for 8 basic figures. :)

Jedi_Rainman
04-13-2002, 02:25 AM
I don't care how much it is going to cost. I am buying it all. And plus, lawaway is something to consider. Buy some and lawaway some, then get the rest later. Atleast you'll be guarenteed to have them...right?

I also updated my list of what will and might be out on the 23rd according to WM's system where I work.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6156

Hellboy
04-13-2002, 12:44 PM
I've got a credit card with a huge limit and plan on getting all the 3 3/4 inch figures and vehicles. This dosen't mean its wise to run up a credit card however but I will do anything to get my Star Wars fix. Buy now pay later or buy later and possibly pay more.

CrossWizard
04-13-2002, 01:03 PM
Heres everything I will be getting on the 23rd:

Mace Windu (Deluxe)

Count Dooku (Dark Lord)

Anakin Skywalker (Hangar Duel)

Kit Fisto (Jedi Master)

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Coruscant Chase)

Plo Koon (Arena Battle)

Shaak Ti (Jedi Master)

Boba Fett (Kamino Escape)

Clone Trooper (Commander) x2

Super Battle Droid

Saesee Tin (Jedi Master)

Luminara Unduli (Jedi Master)

Slave 1

Jedi Starfighter

Seeing as Im not a completist and I only buy 1 of each figure to open(except the Clonetrooper) doesnt look like Im gonna have any trouble with my budget.

Jargo
04-13-2002, 01:19 PM
I said i wasn't going to buy anything and boycott hasbro. But then some smart alec pointed out that the sale to hasbro was done by the retailers so alls I'd be hurting would be them instead of hasbro..... So revising my plan and strategy rather red faced and hurriedly.............. here's what I consider worth buying:

Dexter jettster
Orn Free taa
Taun We
Tusken Female with child
Geonosian warrior
Super battle droid
Reek
Captain Typho
Zam Wessel
Jango kamino
Boba Fett Kamino
Anakin's speeder
Zam's speeder
Slave-1

I would have added others to the list but I don't reckon us Brits will see some stuff for a while yet. Also I'm not sure how the cases differ to the states releases. I'm going to die if there's millions of JarJars all over the place and nothing else. I'm going mostly for the Aliens first because it's a safe bet that a lot of the human characters will get resculpts of some description. At least the heroes will. But I've only got an initial 150 to spend so I'm picking and choosing carefully and shopping around to find the cheapest deal going. So far it looks like Tesco's will have the cheapest stuff with Argos coming in a close second. Woolworths have some kind of 2 for 1 deal planned to set the ball rolling so that might be worth a look see, TRU I give a wide berth to because they let us doewn so badly. I'm loathe to give them the benefit of my patronage and cash.
Argos have got a weird deal in their catalogue stores where they have say six figures listed but one catalogue code. You pay for a figure but you don't know which one until the assistant bring it to the desk. A lot of arguments and fights could ensue there in the near future unless they change the deal and give each figure it's own code.
But all in all things seem to be looking up here in the UK at least for the present as the initial interest gets going. It's unclear if this seeming goodwill to collectors will continue once the hype dies down and stocks are depleted. Will the UK collectors be forsaken once more?.............. :confused:

neimoidian85
04-13-2002, 02:02 PM
Actually, if you don't buy you hurt Hasbro because the stores won't buy unless people want it.

Jargo
04-13-2002, 02:34 PM
True, but the retailers get hurt more. I have a feeling that hasbro will suffer anyway because of the amount of stuff shoved out at once. I think retailers will get saddled with tons of it again and not order any more for ages then hasbro profits fall against the outlay of production and the Hasbro CEO aint happy. Then we get a wacky new reign of gimmicks and gizmos to try and revitalise interest in the line and all of a sudden we have batman - esque silvered figures and figures with rocket packs that glow in the dark and speeders with paint decos that make you go blind or crosseyed because they're so garishly brightly colored and all the weapons become superbazookas with NERF like projectiles and pump action water squirter Leia is the next best thing......

I have a vivid imagination that runs away with me sometimes.

Top and bottom of it is that it's actually fruitless to boycott. I just won't be spending quite as much money as I would have done had the product been of a better quality. There's upwards of thirty figures supposed to be coming on the 23rd and I only feel that ten are worthy of rushing out for. The others I may pick up if they hit clearance. But possibly not. The bubble burst for me when they started throwing silly gimmicks into the mix like the lightsaber slashing action and the electronic beast. Thankfully though the battery is removable in the beast. These gimmicks would be best served in the vehicles to give flashing laser lights. Stuff the sounds because that's what we were born with the ability to vocalise for. Toy makers shouldn't be pandering to lazy kids they should be trying to encourage kids to think for themselves and use their imaginations. having toys that do it all for you isn't going to help in any way. Next thing we'll have electronically opening cockpit canopies on the ships. Figures that speak when you push their bellies. Stupid. Even the magnetic force grab thing is stupid. The figures hand is useless for anything but that feature so it limits what can be done with the figure and impedes play. A person is capable of unlimited imaginings and capable of suspending belief to imagine that the lightsaber is being force grabbed and place the saber in the figures hand themselves. How quickly will people get tired of the pathetic magnet and lumpy hand? How many people will gouge out the magnet and customise the hand so it looks more like the other one? What's the point of it? The cost of doing that one feature could have gone on one more point of articulation or more accessories. It's just stupidity in marketing. It was fine to use a magnet for Zam and Anakin hangar duel and Luke Bespin because thet's beneficial to the sculpt of the figure but adding the wrist flappy thing and a wheel to Anakin's back is just pointless and dumb. No point saying it's for collectors cuz it seems most collectors keep stuff carded and never see the features anyway. Kids hate the features after five minutes because they breal easily and hardly ever work properly. Anakin outland peasant is already getting bad reviews because the magnetic feature doesn't work. These figures are less than useless. Ruined by gadgets and fly by night wooly headed decision making at Hasbro. It would serve hasbro right if there were tons of returns on that stuff because no-one wanted it.
I may end up completely alone in my opinions but i don't care because I've said it all along and I'm still saying it, Gadgets and gizmos and silly poses are just rubbish and junk.

JediDan
04-13-2002, 04:36 PM
Well the figures in Minnesota with tax comes out to $6.26 each. So $6.26X 27 = $169.02. Then times that by 3 and thats what my budget is. $507.06 plus I might get a deluxe figure or 2. Thank goodness for overtime.

steve3p0
04-13-2002, 04:52 PM
i will spend enough to buy one of each basic figure.

sith_killer_99
04-13-2002, 08:38 PM
Well, I have decided to budget for:

30 Basic Figures
2 Deluxe Figures
1 Slave 1

So let's see:

5.88 X 30 = $176.40
9.99 X 2 = $19.98
$25.00 (? Slave 1 ?)

Total = $221.38

Plus incidentals and TAX:

Budget: $250.00

BTW, next month I will be ordering 300 pro cases. hehehe

AmanaMatt
04-13-2002, 08:59 PM
One MILLION dollars!!!

yeah, right!

About $400.00

chewie
04-13-2002, 09:03 PM
I'm determinded to be an AOTC bargain hunter. So my purchases will be very late in the year.

Once everything gets knocked down in price a notch or so, I'll probably be spending upwards of $200 or more depending on the deals I can find.

SuperBattleDroid88
04-13-2002, 09:06 PM
I think I'll buy the figures now and wait for the vehicles to go on sale later.....
I'll probably get some army bulders when they go on sale also...
HAPPY HUNTING!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

SBD88

BanthaPoodoo
04-13-2002, 09:58 PM
Well I have already put all the Deluxe Figs & Slave I & Jedi Starfighter (& Luke in Bacta) on layaway. Came to a total of $118.40 (dang if K-Mart ain't expensive :))

Come the 23rd, hopefully my income tax refund will be back & I can go nuts with it. I'll get my K-Mart layaway out of hock, & then hit the local Wally World to get the rest of the line.

Also gonna get the Novelization to go with the SWEI first edition I got.

Ol Georgie boy in DC needs to thank us SW collectors for fueling the economy!!! :)

Wolfwood319
04-13-2002, 10:26 PM
I'll spend more than I want, but less than I'd like.

I'm going to try to limit myself to about 10-15 figures and maybe the speeders or Slave I on the 23rd. The rest of the stuff, if I want, I'll get later. I don't want to go over $100, if I can help it.

Mad_Dog
04-14-2002, 01:38 PM
I'm planning on getting at least one of every item released on the 23rd including the vehicles and beasts.
I've set aside about 300($450) which should be enough.
As I live in the UK, everything is more expensive. :(

earl
04-15-2002, 03:14 AM
I spent over $900 on all episode1 merchandise last 99. It includes toys, apparel, applause products, pepsi products and its restaurant promos, and 3 movie tickets. But nowadays, i dont think i can repeat that kinda spending. I'm more budgeted now. i'll spend around $500 this time on Attack of the Clones!

Mandalorian Candidat
04-15-2002, 11:34 AM
Don't forget about the Snowspeeder and TIE Bomber. Many WMs are holding out on those until 4/23. Then there's the possibility of them carrying the last three waves of POTJ, since many stores haven't put anything newer out for a long time.

LTBasker
04-15-2002, 11:39 AM
I'll probably be spending around $265-300. Don't forget about lay-a-way, people!!! :D

Mostly it'll be spent on figures and army-builder extras plus the bigger stuff like the deluxe figures, slave 1, reek and Obi-Wan and Clone Trooper 12" figures will be going into lay-a-way, plus LEGOs probably.

JetsAndHeels
04-15-2002, 01:54 PM
I am looking to spend anywhere from $200-$400. The novel, soundtrack, basic and 12 inch figures, beast packs, lightsabers, keychains, vehicles, etc. will add up quickly. I am going to save a little though, since I have 2 waves of the figures already. Its going to be like Christmas in April!!

he-ro
04-15-2002, 02:46 PM
Seeing how I will be buying 1 of each basic figure(doubles of Kit Fisto, Nikto Jedi, and Shaak Ti), Deluxe Jango & Deluxe Mace & Deluxe Count Dooku, 12'' Ultimate Jango, 12'' Clonetrooper, Count Dooku's Lightsaber, Slave 1, Jedi Starfighter, Zam's Speeder, Anakin's Speeder, and the REEK, I would have to say $400-$500. I've been bustin my arse at work lately, specifically for these toys!:D