PDA

View Full Version : They really need to make...

DeadEye
04-13-2002, 09:05 AM
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Hangar Duel). I'm serious...the Obi-Wan Pilot will be ok but the gold headband is sculpted to his forehead...and from the looks of the Coruscant Chase Obi, it's practically useless for dueling.
Hangar Duel Obi-Wan could have a 2-handed lightsaber slashing feature...like Kit Fisto. Really. And if they don't make that, they should make an Obi-Wan Kenobi (Kamino). And he could be in the cool brown robes. :)

Jargo
04-13-2002, 09:37 AM
I wouldn't worry about a duelling Obi, there's bound to be several resculpts before they finish with him. With robe, without robe, one handed saber duel, two handed saber duel, pilot, soft goods, with knees, with elbows, with lightsaber slashing action...

Same with Anakin and Dooku and Mace. Hasbro does like to exploit every possible angle of a character with every possible feature - one at a time. Why on earth it isn't possible to make an articulated figure that has all the features in one (apart from the slashing feature) and all the accessories and correctly call that 'deluxe' and charge just a little extra I do not know. If they just released one core character with each wave they could still spin the line out long enough. Especially with all the costume changes Padme does and the couple Anakin has.
One core character, two secondary characters (Typho etc.) and three background characters per wave would probably keep most people happy. You'd get one decent core character with all the details and then plenty of the scene fillers and odd characters. With the EU playing into the movies so much most people have a pretty good perception of who's who. So the background characters become just as much core characters anyway. Their EU backstories are often just as, if not more interesting than the main characters.
I know I'd pay a little more for a better articulated figure with all the trimmings. I'd sooner pay out for that than some of these AOTC efforts.

SuperBattleDroid88
04-13-2002, 09:43 AM
I agree with you 100% EMPEROR JARGO!!!!!!!
I love articulated figures.... That would be a very good thing for Hasbro to do....... Instead of releasing a bunch of one figure.....
But let Hasbro do it there way....... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

droidekas2
04-13-2002, 09:55 AM
no, no!

That would make too much sense.

Besides, what do we know, we are just the core people who buy and collect the stuff...