PDA

View Full Version : *SPOILER!!!*Geonosian fighter craft

Jargo
04-13-2002, 10:06 AM
y'know, I came across a picture last night from the incredible cross sections book, of the Geonosian fighter craft. IAnd although it's a cut away picture to show the workings inside, it shows roughly what the thing looks like. It's got a proper sealed cockpit with opening canopy and looks like a cross between the federation droid fighter, and Dooku's ship. it's pretty sweet looking and I hope to god that Hasbro make it. I hope they make it properly and don't do some EU mash up job on it like they did with some of those freaky episode one toys like that Sith attack speeder and the federation scout tank thing.

This ship is just as nice as the Jedi starfighter and probably just a bit smaller. It's just - I can't describe it.....

go take a look...... http://www.jedinet.com/prequels/news/newsimages37/hivepilot2.jpg

2-1B
04-13-2002, 10:45 AM
Neat - what's the size standard for ships with a tractor beam? I would guess a ship that small wouldn't be capable, but it says so in the description.

Thanks Jargo :)

Jedi_Rainman
04-13-2002, 12:44 PM
That ship is weird, but all-in-all its cool

Jargo
04-13-2002, 12:59 PM
I guess you could have a tractor beam on any ship but the power of the beam would be weaker the smaller the ship got. Um, Okay, small ships power is that of being able to stop a droid walking away. Large ship can stop a heavy speeder vehicle like a troop transport. Space station can stop a moon turning. Something like that? I don't know I'm just messing around but it can't be any worse than some of the stuff these guys shove in these books can it?
I wonder about all those wires hanging down the side. Are they because it's been cut away or are they permanently hanging there? guess that'd be a bit unsafe then. catch those on the top of a tower or something and that's you done for - goodnight Vienna! :crazed:
It's sort of all pointy really. Split like the wing of a federation droid fighter but then more symetrical with a sort of bubble cockpit and then some kind of forked tail affair sticking up at the back. Looks like a lot more fun to pilot than the starfighter the Jedis got saddled with. nice curves and interesting lines. Looks sort of organic and souped up hotrod at the same time. Oh, I really want this now. I really really like the designs for geonosis all exept that stupid big walking spider droid that looks like a ballcock from a lavatory. And those wheel taanks seem a bit silly. But this fighter craft is WIZARD!!!!!

2-1B
04-13-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
I guess you could have a tractor beam on any ship but the power of the beam would be weaker the smaller the ship got. Um, Okay, small ships power is that of being able to stop a droid walking away. Large ship can stop a heavy speeder vehicle like a troop transport. Space station can stop a moon turning. Something like that? I don't know I'm just messing around but it can't be any worse than some of the stuff these guys shove in these books can it?

No, that's a pretty good idea actually. :) Now that you mentioned it, it makes perfect sense - these fighters probably see alot of action near a planet's surface, so it could be handy to swoop down toward one's prey and lock him or her in with a tractor beam.

At first I was only thinking about it in terms of outer space. It wouldn't seem too useful up there, since I doubt many ships smaller than this are able to reach that level.

LTBasker
04-13-2002, 07:40 PM
Caesar, Rick was bad enough, but that one just takes the cake. :eek:

The Geonosian fighter isn't bad, it's quite interesting. I hope we get that later this year.

2-1B
04-13-2002, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Caesar, Rick was bad enough, but that one just takes the cake. :eek:

This one's a treat for me, I know she's berated as a potato (I still don't see the resemblance :rolleyes: ), but I genuinely like her. I see it as a nice companion piece to derek's Winona Ryder avatar. :D Rick will return . . . . soon . . . . ;)

brentfett
04-17-2002, 12:03 PM
Great ship, but I wouldn't hold your breath for a toy. Not unless Todd McFarlane were to start making Star Wars toys!

pthfnder89
04-17-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by brentfett
Great ship, but I wouldn't hold your breath for a toy. Not unless Todd McFarlane were to start making Star Wars toys!

*shudders* Well, anytime I'm upset at Hasbro I think to myself "Well, at least MacFarlane doesn't have the Star Wars liscense." Hasbro has enough problems, MacFarlane would be awful.:rolleyes:

JetsAndHeels
04-17-2002, 12:18 PM
These ships are in the Jedi Starfighter game. They seem efficient but are pretty easy to take down on the game. They are unique and have a sleek design. All in all an impressive craft. I dont know how effective they are in the movie but in the game they seem tough but are easy to take down. Kind of like the TIE fighter.

he-ro
04-17-2002, 12:31 PM
Nifty, indeed. Wow, the Geonosians require no sleep, I guess they're not dreamers :D

Jargo
04-17-2002, 02:17 PM
If I'm not mistaken, there are former McFarlane employees working for the star wars team at Hasbro.

Well, if we're getting three geonosians within the first few waves then they must think the Geonosians are a seller. Ergo, the Geonosian fighter would seem like a marketable vehicle if the Geo warriors sell. If the geo's sit on the pegs then they aint popular so no point making the fighter as a toy. That's the logical way of doing things. But like TPM, LFL will probably hype the Geo's to death the same as they did with the Gungans. We got several toys that fitted inwith the Gunga action figures. The Fambba, Falumpaset and ammo wagon, Kaadu, Catapult. It's fair to assume that hasbro will milk the Geo's for as much as they can. The playset due out later this year is a prime example. Add the fighter and a couple more odd droids to that and you have a neat rounded out selection of geonosian toys. :) If only I was in charge of what got released...... When I rule the world.....