PDA

View Full Version : Padme Review

subMERGE
04-13-2002, 02:43 PM
I just got Padme : Arena Escape today. Let me tell you, I think she looks cool.

Review- I heard some complaints about bad paint jobs, but mine was good. The bad new is, when I opened her, her leg wasn't attached to her body. I had to super glue it back on. I was waiting for this figure for so long and then this. I was slightly angry. The action feature is great, although she can't have her arm down without you holding it down. Also, I think it's a pretty good likeness. I can't judge it on the fact that the leg was broken. I am definetly going to get another this week. Hopefully this isn't a widespred defect, but rather a small factory mistake. Overall, I really like the figure. GRADE= A-

JediTricks
04-13-2002, 03:30 PM
That seems pretty generous for a broken leg that you had to superglue. How was the leg broken, at the hip?

What do you mean by "she can't have her arm down without you holding it", does it flop half-way up when the gimmick is not in use?

Battle Droid
04-13-2002, 05:47 PM
You have to hold her arm down or twist her waist and hold it there to keep it down.

2-1B
04-13-2002, 06:00 PM
How does she measure up to the infamous
Padme Amidala
Tomb Raider
nickname?

I agree, an A- in light of a broken leg is indeed generous. :D If this turns out to be a recurring problem, you might have to rethink that one. :)

JEDIpartner
04-14-2002, 12:53 AM
Okay... the fact that the leg was broken off is scary. I REALLY hope this isn't going to become a problem with the SAGA line.

subMERGE
04-14-2002, 08:16 AM
The leg was broken at the hip. Also, the new AOTC figures are alot slimmer and a little smaller compared to the preview and POTJ figures. Also, there is really no point in putting Padme's chain on her wrist because her hand has its fingers spread out. You have to bend her thumb and fingers to get the chain on and off. With this cheaper rubber Hasbro is making figures with now, that might take the paint off.

Taichi
04-14-2002, 01:10 PM
I doubt the broken leg would be a widespread problem.....

C'mon, why would it just start to happen now???

I think Hasbro's been in the toy-making game long enough to not let that happen frequently......

sure, it might be due to the slimmer figures, but I've never had a SW figure break on me in the package......

as a matter of fact, the ONLY Hasbro figure I can even REMEMBER breaking on me, in the package was a GI Joe Figure from when I was, like 2 (I'm 22 now)........and that was because it's rubber band snapped.......

JediTricks
04-15-2002, 12:28 AM
Taichi, to answer that, one only has to look at lines like "X-Men: Evolution" from Toy Biz - you add an action gimmick without raising the price and the cost of your regular materials has to go down to reflect the higher cost of the manufacturing and internal gearing. It's a classic problem with action figures with gimmicks.

Wolfwood319
04-15-2002, 01:11 AM
I haven't had any defects so far, either, although I don't have the Padme. I can't imgaine Hasbro letting too many mistakes like this getting out the door, probably broke in some bizzare shipping accident. I've never had a Hasbro toy break on me. Bend and get all gooey, sure, but never break.

IcebergSlim
04-15-2002, 10:18 AM
I was pleasantly surprised with this figure. It wasn't as buff as some of the pictures made it out to be, and the likeness is pretty good.