PDA

View Full Version : Changing Lanes

Eternal Padawan
04-13-2002, 04:56 PM
What I thought was going to be a road rage revenge thriller turned out to be a fairly decent morality tale about corporate culture and systemitizing individuals into faceless bits of info. Marketing it as a thriller didn't bother me so much as having all the "thriller" parts spoiled in the trailer. I might have to watch it again to get all the nuances out of the performances by both Sammy and Affleck(who porked up for the role, apparently). The movie made me work for it and I left wondering where these people would go next in their lives, the way a movie should. I was really impressed with the women who played Jackson's ex-wife. William Hurt was wasted as usual. Can this man not get worthy roles anymore? Or maybe he was dying to play "AA Sponsor" role as tenth biggest part in the movie...

2-1B
04-13-2002, 05:25 PM
I saw Sammy Jankis Jackson on Costas' HBO show last night (no AOTC
references :mad: ) and he talked a bit about it. From the trailers, I took a "maybe" approach, but the more I hear about it the more I am interested. :)

derek
04-13-2002, 11:44 PM
welcome back roll...i mean eternal padawan.;)

2-1B
04-14-2002, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by derek
welcome back roll...i mean eternal padawan.;)

:( Shhhh, you don't want to upset his doppleganger :(

Eternal Padawan
04-14-2002, 10:58 AM
How do you know he's not MY dopplegange..er..wait... (I'm not HIS doppleganger :confused:?) nnnnnnnngg...

"I'm SOOOO confused..." --Vinnie Barbarino on Welcome Back Kotter

Thank you. Thank you. I'll be doing impressions all week. Try the veal.

RooJay
04-18-2002, 09:37 PM
Yes, William Hurt was wasted in this role (not that I didn't like the movie anyway.). In my opinion, Hurt is one of the most underrated, under-used talents in Hollywood. Truly one of the best actors out there.