PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy a SSG T-Shirt, Hat or Mousepad?

SirSteve
04-13-2002, 08:05 PM
Several forumites have asked for SSG T-Shirts and hats. I never thought about this as I am not looking to make anything off of this (it would be free advertising for the site so why would I?). What I want to know is (and please be serious) if I made the items available to purchase, what you would purchase? Please don't reply if you would not purchase anything.

T-Shirts (Black) are about $16 each (Xtra Large, each size up add approximately $1)

Hats (black about $15 each

Mousepads about $10 each

The above prices does not include shipping.

Thanks.

Beast
04-13-2002, 08:10 PM
I probably would go for the hat and the mousepad, not sure about the shirt. Would depend on the design. But I like the idea of the shirt and hat being black, gives it a plus in my book. But don't leave out coffee mugs and other cool products. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dar' Argol
04-13-2002, 08:31 PM
A shirt I would be very interested in. I am a big wearer of T-Shirts. The hat . . . . . I am very picky about my hats. They have to be made a certain way. Low profile top with no "old man standing up" action on top. I never purchase a hat unless I try it on first. But yeah, I would purchase a hat!

SirSteve
04-13-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
A shirt I would be very interested in. I am a big wearer of T-Shirts. The hat . . . . . I am very picky about my hats. They have to be made a certain way. Low profile top with no "old man standing up" action on top. I never purchase a hat unless I try it on first. But yeah, I would purchase a hat!

They are MOST DEFINITELY low profile hats. I am a hat person myself so I know what you mean!

:)

Wolfwood319
04-13-2002, 08:46 PM
I'd definately buy a shirt, if the design was cool and simple. I wouldn't want anything over-active, or busy on the shirt, if you take my meaning. Not graphics all over the shirt, but something simple, with the logo would be cool. Maybe a small logo on the front and something a bit larger on the back. That'd be really cool.

A hat too, but I'd have to see it first.

Lord Malakite
04-13-2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by SirSteve

They are MOST DEFINITELY low profile hats. I am a hat person myself so I know what you mean!

:)

:( I was hoping for "old man standing up" action on top. The hat and shirt does sound interesting though.

Now all we need is a SirSteve's Guide jock strap. :D :eek:

SirSteve
04-13-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
I'd definately buy a shirt, if the design was cool and simple. I wouldn't want anything over-active, or busy on the shirt, if you take my meaning. Not graphics all over the shirt, but something simple, with the logo would be cool. Maybe a small logo on the front and something a bit larger on the back. That'd be really cool.

A hat too, but I'd have to see it first.

The Shirt would be black with a small "SirStevesGuide.com" on the front left chest in white. The back would have, in white (these 3 lines would be BIG):

SirSteve's
STAR WARS
Guide

SirStevesGuide.com

(Star Wars in Star Wars font - everything centered)

Simple. I'll do a mock up and post it.

Dar' Argol
04-13-2002, 09:46 PM
But yeah, I would purchase a hat!

I ment to say "But yeah, I would purchase a shirt! :rolleyes: What was I thinking??

Originally posted by Lord_Malakite
I was hoping for "old man standing up" action on top. The hat and shirt does sound interesting though

Why does that not surprize me:rolleyes:. Do you wear you hat on the very top of your head too? Or do you just have on of those "I'm #1" hats??:D.

master jedi
04-13-2002, 10:24 PM
I'd buy a hat and maybe a shirt if they were dirt cheap.

bigbarada
04-14-2002, 12:36 AM
I'd buy a shirt, but not a black one. Their just too hot to wear in a desert climate. Maybe if you could have an alternate one in white or grey or some other color.

A hat would be cool, even if it is black. So yes I'd buy a hat.

Are you getting these made thru CafeExpress? (I think that's the name) I had thought about offering up some of my artwork on T-Shirts thru them. I'm just not too sure of their quality.

JEDIpartner
04-14-2002, 12:50 AM
Yep!! I would! I'm still trying to get people I meet on the street to come to this site... I'd help! :)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-14-2002, 01:12 AM
I got an idea. :greedy:

You know how some companies buy people a car, just as long as those person's are willing to drive around with painted on advertisements from that company on their cars? Well maybe we can do sorta the same thing with these SirSteve T-shirts.

We get a free shirt, while we could get you in touch with more people then you normally can on the internet. It is a win-win situation.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-14-2002, 01:22 AM
I'm with BB on this. I seldom wear my black t-shirts anymore, and Southern CA isn't really that hot compared to other areas, but is usually bright and sunny. Gray or white shirts would be cool. This is really the only website I feel I have any loyalty to, and helping it out wouldn't be too difficult.

Can we get it personalized, with our user names, signatures, avatars, passwords, e-mail addresses, credit card numbers? :p Do we get 100 free posts towards our totals if we buy one? ;)

SirSteve
04-14-2002, 04:45 PM
I am sure I could swap the colors (white T-shirt, black text) for the same price. I will check though.

master jedi
04-14-2002, 05:59 PM
What about SSG magnets?

Eternal Padawan
04-14-2002, 06:15 PM
Yes to a T-Shirt. (White or black. Can I get a personalized one? How much extra would that be?)

Maybe to a hat (I'd have to see it first)

Maybe to a Mousepad ($10 a little rich for my blood.)

Magnets and mugs would be cool.

SaeseeTiin
04-15-2002, 01:44 PM
I would love both the T-Shirt and the hat very much. Please make them!
What would be good would be if, for a little extra we could have our SSG Forum name on them also. What do people think?
Would you be able to ship to the UK?

STiin

Pendo
04-15-2002, 02:03 PM
I'd definetly buy any of them, if they're available to the UK that is!

PENDO!

jw_bryant
04-15-2002, 02:43 PM
well, i'd probably get a Hat and Shirt, but i have a trackball, so i dont needa a mouse pad. :)

InsaneJediGirl
04-15-2002, 03:15 PM
I'd buy a shirt if it was Ash/White because in Floridatooine it gets really hot,and black isnt an ideal color.As for a hat,I'm not a huge hat wearer..

It would be interesting if we could get our SSG usernames on the shirts..I'd be willing to pay extra for the feature.:D

Pendo
04-15-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
It would be interesting if we could get our SSG usernames on the shirts..I'd be willing to pay extra for the feature.:D

Good idea InsaneJediGirl. I would pay extra for that, and it's also a good way to get your referral count higher. Also if two people from the forums should bump into eachother they would instantly know who they are talking to. I hope your reading this thread SirSteve :)!

PENDO!

Lobito
04-15-2002, 03:50 PM
I would have to see the mouse pad design, and i would buy the T-shirt (the black one) but only if the user name feature is included.:cool:

billfremore
04-15-2002, 04:12 PM
I'm all for the shirts and like everyone else I too would prefer them in white.

(Let's save the black t-shirts for Megadeath concerts :D)

icatch9
04-15-2002, 05:14 PM
Yea, I dig a white shirt w/ black text. It's a great idea! Go for it Steve!

dr_evazan22
04-15-2002, 07:47 PM
A definite "Yes" to an XL T in black, white, navy or grey. Would be willing to spend a little extra to get forum name printed also.

Maybe to a hat, would have to see it first.

No to the mousepad.

Maybe to a coffee mug, as some others suggested.

Dryanta
04-15-2002, 08:04 PM
Yes to hat and shirt.I would really like to have the option of having our usernames on them.I've seen alot of hats with specific names on the back of them.

good shot jansen
04-15-2002, 08:44 PM
i absolutely agree! i would definetly pay extra to have my ssg screen name included on a ssg t-shirt! that would be killer!

floridatooine huh? i'm down here in hollywood south florida, even though white is what i'm supposed to wear in this year round unbearable heat, i'm originally a noo yawkah, so you know i only wear black dearie! ;)

sir steve? any possibility of gettin' our screen names on these shoits fo' a few samolians more?:o

Deoxyribonucleic
04-15-2002, 09:08 PM
I would definitely get a t-shirt. And maybe a mouse pad but not a hat...I have dreads so most hats don't fit.

I also like the idea of coffee mugs!

The whole merchandising idea is GREAT! I think it will really fly if you decide to do it!

Eternal Padawan
04-16-2002, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by good shot jansen
i absolutely agree! i would definetly pay extra to have my ssg screen name included on a ssg t-shirt! that would be killer!

floridatooine huh? i'm down here in hollywood south florida, even though white is what i'm supposed to wear in this year round unbearable heat, i'm originally a noo yawkah, so you know i only wear black dearie! ;)

sir steve? any possibility of gettin' our screen names on these shoits fo' a few samolians more?:o

:confused:

D'OH! (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=63680#post63680):eek: :dead:

SirSteve
04-16-2002, 01:00 AM
I don't believe so but I will ask tomorrow. From what I understand, each time there is a change, it's a new setup fee. I'll also check into coffee mugs. I don't drink coffee so I didn't think about it. ;)

SaeseeTiin
04-16-2002, 04:49 AM
What sort of time do you think you would release them if you do sell them?
Thanks,
STiin

LTBasker
04-16-2002, 05:36 AM
Too bad theres not a site where you can get more stuff made, like keychains.

But yeah, I noticed alot of sites are going with the hat/mousepad/mug/hat thing from that one place. Although I've never ordered a t-shirt or anything from one of the sites (seem kinda expensive to me actually. :D) I think it's an interesting way to show which site is your favorite or which site you work for or something at conventions to be a little more personal.

InsaneJediGirl
04-16-2002, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan

:confused:

D'OH! (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=63680#post63680):eek: :dead:

Eep!Apperantly..I didnt read that or accidently skipped over it..All hail Eternal Padawan..because I agree with him;)

good shot jansen
04-16-2002, 09:30 AM
sorry eternal padawan, i didn't see your post regarding personalizing the shirts.

i actually saw pendo's response to insane jedi girls post 1st, before i even saw her suggestion for customizin' the tee's

no diss intended.

SirSteve
04-16-2002, 11:41 AM
I just got off the phone with the printers. To have your user name on the front left chest of a shirt, it's about $5 more. Coffe mugs are expensive unless they are in big quantities. Right now, they are about $15 each up to 25 and if it goes over that, the price drops to about $10 each. Pretty pricey for a cup.

good shot jansen
04-16-2002, 02:07 PM
count me in!

not a bad price to pay for immortality! :)

where do we sign up?

Bel-Cam Jos
04-16-2002, 07:44 PM
Not to be a nitpicker, but...

On 04-13-2002 10:22 PM, Bel-Cam Jos wrote: Can we get it personalized, with our user names, signatures, avatars, passwords, e-mail addresses, credit card numbers? Do we get 100 free posts towards our totals if we buy one?

On 04-14-2002 03:15 PM, Eternal Padawan wrote: Yes to a T-Shirt. (White or black. Can I get a personalized one? How much extra would that be?)
Maybe to a hat (I'd have to see it first)
Maybe to a Mousepad ($10 a little rich for my blood.)
Magnets and mugs would be cool.

On 04-15-2002 12:15 PM, InsaneJediGirl wrote: I'd buy a shirt if it was Ash/White because in Floridatooine it gets really hot,and black isnt an ideal color.As for a hat,I'm not a huge hat wearer..
It would be interesting if we could get our SSG usernames on the shirts..I'd be willing to pay extra for the feature.

Now, mine was encapsulated in sarcasm, I'll grant you that...
:rolleyes: But seeing my own name in print, well, that's just dreamy...:happy: :p

Eternal Padawan
04-16-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl

Eep!Apperantly..I didnt read that or accidently skipped over it..All hail Eternal Padawan..because I agree with him;)

And props to Saesee Tiin for saying pretty much the same thing in the post immediate after.

Great minds think alike (BCJ, Mine, Saesee, and IJG:) )

I'd pay $5 extra for a personalized one. Do you ship them to us or do we pick them up in Indianapolis?

dr_evazan22
04-16-2002, 07:51 PM
I'll pay the extra $5 to get my user name printed on the shirt.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-16-2002, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by dr_evazan22
I'll pay the extra $5 to get my user name printed on the shirt.

Me too! Me too! Me too! :D

'tis a great idea

jw_bryant
04-16-2002, 09:41 PM
me too. im changing my user name. :)

SirSteve
04-16-2002, 11:04 PM
Let me get the final product and I'll go from there. I could bring them to the Celebration to save you on shipping costs.

Eternal Padawan
04-16-2002, 11:59 PM
Lessee...reasons to despise WOTC:

1. Turned the Insider into a raging commercial for their RP games and cards.
2. STOLE the CCG license from Decipher
3. Unleashed that hideous Magic: the Gathering thing on an unknowing populace
4. Gouged Celebration II goers for $75 a pop.
(plop)
5. Get paranoid about their badge design.

just needed to add that last one to the list. :mad:

Mike Troxell
04-17-2002, 01:08 AM
I'd buy a personalized tee and a hat if it looks good...I have an infrared mouse though so I don't need a pad :)

Dar' Argol
04-17-2002, 01:34 AM
I would pay the extra 5 credits to get my "Dar' Argol" on my chest . . . . shirt I meant SHIRT!! I can bee Bel-Cam or Emperor Jargo saing somthing smart to that:D.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-17-2002, 11:21 AM
I would pay the extra 5 credits to get my "Dar' Argol" on my chest . . . . shirt I meant SHIRT!! I can bee Bel-Cam or Emperor Jargo saing somthing smart to that:D.

Nope. I have nothing "smart" to say about that... (whistling as walks away) :rolleyes: Unless being willing to pay $5 + $16 = $21 to remind myself what I log-in as is considered smart, then sure!

Jason B
04-17-2002, 08:39 PM
any idea on when they'll be released?

jawaboy
04-17-2002, 10:00 PM
I'd definately by a gray t-shirt with SSG and my screen name. It's a perfect medium for those who can't decide between black or white.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-18-2002, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by jawaboy
I'd definately by a gray t-shirt with SSG and my screen name. It's a perfect medium for those who can't decide between black or white.
Hey! It doesn't matter if it's black or white! Duh nuh nunnah nunnah, duh-nuh! Ow!

Gray would be great! So would grey. :D "I'd buy that for a dollar!" (Or 20 more... )

Eternal Padawan
04-24-2002, 09:12 AM
So what's the word on these super spiffy t-shirts, SirSteve?

SirSteve
04-24-2002, 12:40 PM
Ok, attached is the proof. This is what will be on the back of the T-Shirt. The SirStevesGuide.com that is at the bottom will be on the front left chest. So, if you are TRUELY interested in purchasing one and would like to have it for the Celebration, e-mail me what you want/need (black on white/white on back and size). I can meet you at the Celebration and give it to you (and save on shipping costs). T-Shirts are (XL) black or white, $15.99 each (add $5 if you want your name on the front left chest about the "SirStevesGuide.com" text). This price is for UP TO XL. If you need a XXL, it's an additional $1. If you need something bigger, just let me know and I'll get a price. I am going to wait on the other items until we get it all situated (store-like front end so there is less I have to do). ;)

Please note I HAVE to have your order in by WEDNESDAY April 24th at 2 PM EST (since they have to go to the printers). Anything later than this will be handled after the Celebration.

Thanks!

JetsAndHeels
04-24-2002, 01:46 PM
I definately want one, but I will not be at the Celebration. Can we order these later on as well?

Pendo
04-24-2002, 03:56 PM
Looks cool SirSteve! Can we get our names printed on them??? How much extra would that cost?

PENDO!

Jason B
04-24-2002, 06:05 PM
(add $5 if you want your name on the front left chest about the "SirStevesGuide.com" text).

:p

SirSteve
04-24-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
I definately want one, but I will not be at the Celebration. Can we order these later on as well?

Yes, I will be setting up a store front for many different items. :)

Bel-Cam Jos
04-24-2002, 07:26 PM
If we are interested in the shirts but are unable to attend the SW Celeb, would it be best to wait until after it to order, to help your stress level, SS? Or, you could just e-mail it to me. :rolleyes: See? Technology fails us yet again! :frus: ;)

SirSteve
04-24-2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
If we are interested in the shirts but are unable to attend the SW Celeb, would it be best to wait until after it to order, to help your stress level, SS? Or, you could just e-mail it to me. :rolleyes: See? Technology fails us yet again! :frus: ;)

Yes, wait. It would help me out. :)

2-1B
04-25-2002, 02:24 AM
SirSteve, can your new store front offer SSG action figures? Since Realscan will be there, you could get Hasbro to do figures of attending forumites, and then those of us who are not going could just have traditional head sculpts done. What do you say? :D

JetsAndHeels
04-25-2002, 09:23 AM
I definately want a T-shirt with my user name on it. I wont be at the Celebration unfortunately, but Steve you can definately sign me up. Possibly a hat too. I would like to see it first.

Pendo
04-25-2002, 10:49 AM
(add $5 if you want your name on the front left chest about the "SirStevesGuide.com" text).

Sorry I didn't see this bit...:rolleyes:.

Can fans in the UK get them, and how much in pounds () would they be?

PENDO!

Bel-Cam Jos
04-25-2002, 11:38 AM
Uh, Pendo. Here in the US we no longer wear suits of armor, so our clothes weigh very little, perhaps an 1/8 of a pound to a 1/4 pound, tops. (whisper, whisper) What? Oh! Money! Well, one pound equals 2.32 gillaquips, which are the same as pesolira, so if you cross-cancel the derivative of the foci locus, you get... 24 rube-wheels? :confused: :p

I use about 1.5-2 dollars for each pound as a reference, so your total should be lower (i.e. maybe 12-14 pounds if it's $21) than the dollars here in the states. I don't know...

InsaneJediGirl
04-25-2002, 02:00 PM
Pendo..try the website I have listed below for currency exchange rates:D

http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html

Darth Cruel
04-29-2002, 09:00 PM
The shirt sounds good to me! I am actually intending to get one made with my DC logo (Thanks RYT!) and "sirstevesguide.com" on a fleece pullover. Hope the shirts catch on big and you decide to do a pullover as well. I would get both.

TeeEye7
03-23-2008, 01:28 PM
Are there any Mabucon 2008 shirts on the shelves next to the SirSteves shirts?

Iso&Baws:beard:

Rocketboy
03-23-2008, 02:59 PM
There are indeed Mabu-Con shirts, but they'll be con exclusives. oyes.

Jargo
03-23-2008, 03:29 PM
why would shirts start at extra large? That's like wearing a maternity dress. more like a big top tent to me. according to GAP sizing I'm 13-14 years old. do you not have small short people in the states or does everyone just wear shapeless bag like shirts? :appropriate smiley of choice:

2-1B
03-23-2008, 04:18 PM
:see Comic Book Guy for reference:

Jargo
03-23-2008, 05:12 PM
yousa point is well seen.

CaptainSolo1138
03-24-2008, 12:00 AM
I really don't think I'm above "average", yet I wear an XL. I'm 6'2", so that certainly plays a much bigger role that any weight issue (I bounce between 190-205).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-24-2008, 12:46 AM
I'm 6'5" or 6'6" and 175 pounds and tend to go for large shirts (I have one medium and a couple XLs as well). Baggy shirts make me feel odd for some reason.

And now you know.

CaptainSolo1138
03-24-2008, 07:32 AM
Baggy shirts make me feel odd for some reason.
All of that extra material just gets in the way.

Jargo
03-24-2008, 10:18 AM
I'm only 5'5". And weigh 126lbs. even small sizes can be like tents on me.

bobafrett
03-25-2008, 06:27 PM
I'm 5' 09" and around 230 pounds. Today is my first day without Diet Pepsi, and I have also started taking controlof what I eat. I am doing this so I can A) look a little leaner when I get married, B) 2 weeks after I get hitched, I am attending my fourth "Relay for Life" Cancer walk, and C) I don't want my weight getting in the way of being a potential organ donor, and D) I want to wear my large and medium shirts again.

2-1B
03-25-2008, 08:19 PM
Frett, Diet Pepsi was my savior when I was losing weight. Just sayin' :thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
03-26-2008, 11:55 AM
Pendo..try the website I have listed below for currency exchange rates:D

http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.htmlWonder if there's been a difference from almost 6 years ago... :rolleyes:

So, if we're trading tales-of-the-tape, I am 5'83/4" and 167.4 lbs. XL shirts work best, because the cotton often shrinks and I hope it then fits me. Water works much better for weight loss than any drink I've encountered, and that includes vitamin water (those ones that HAVE CALORIES in them... water with caloric content? :confused: ).

bobafrett
03-27-2008, 11:50 AM
Frett, Diet Pepsi was my savior when I was losing weight. Just sayin' :thumbsup:

I drank the stuff up when I was in the best shape of my life, but my diet was strict as well as my workouts.

I have been two whole days without a sip of the soda beverage, and I noticed my cravings for chocolate chip cookies has declined as well. I used to eat the two items together religiously. I had at least 7 20 oz. bottles a day and sometimes 6 cookies from 7-eleven.

mtriv73
03-28-2008, 03:33 PM
I'm 6'2" but according to my wife, I'm all torso (she's 5'5" and we have the same 31" inseam.) I usually wear an XL tall if I can find it or a XXL if not just to get the length right.

Jargo
03-28-2008, 04:52 PM
ok here's a question from a different angle. what chest size do you call small? For me it's a 35" chest. medium would be about 38" and large would be 41". and so on and so forth.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-29-2008, 10:40 AM
ok here's a question from a different angle. what chest size do you call small? For me it's a 35" chest. medium would be about 38" and large would be 41". and so on and so forth.Dudes or chicks? Big difference.

OR, the less insensitive statement:

Males or females? Their physiology presents different standards.

Jargo
03-29-2008, 11:07 AM
dudes obviously. why would i want to know what size shirts chicks wear?

TeeEye7
03-24-2009, 01:55 AM
Several forumites have asked for SSG T-Shirts and hats. I never thought about this as I am not looking to make anything off of this (it would be free advertising for the site so why would I?). What I want to know is (and please be serious) if I made the items available to purchase, what you would purchase? Please don't reply if you would not purchase anything.

T-Shirts (Black) are about $16 each (Xtra Large, each size up add approximately $1)

Hats (black about $15 each

Mousepads about $10 each

The above prices does not include shipping.

Thanks.

Will these surface in time for SDCC?