PDA

View Full Version : A SirSteve's Convention

Pages : [1] 2

Huckleberry Josh
09-02-2001, 02:27 PM
I think it would really cool to have a SirSteve's Convention . I think it would cool to meet some of these people . What do you guys think ?

master jedi
09-04-2001, 03:47 PM
Interesting but what types of things would there be to do there. Video games, contests, props, special guests?

derek
09-06-2001, 04:56 PM
well, i could give jargo a big bear hug and then switch around the hug into a head lock and drag him off for a natalie portman film marathon.we'd start with her earlier works and work our way towards episode 2. :)

SirSteve
09-06-2001, 05:37 PM
If as many people attended as they replied to this thread, it wouldn't go over well.

;)

JediCole
09-06-2001, 05:56 PM
Such an event would be a great idea to help foster a sense of community in the realm of collecting. Something that has been lacking in the scalper-driven arena of collecting. I do a spot of selling myself at local toy shows and (rarely) at local flea markets. In fact, that's rather how I met Sith Worm as he used to be an occassional customer of mine. He can attest to the fact that I try to be different than most of the "scalper" dealers and usually only sell what I could get at a cheap enough price to sell at a fair and reasonable price to collectors (rather than buying tons of stuff up and asking "book" price for everything). Sith Worm has become a fixture at the toy show tables run by Mrs. JediCole and myself and we love the sense of community that has begun to develop with the regulars at the Sci-Fi Expo and Toy Show. It would be nice to have an event geared toward collectors for the sake of collectors.
One event that does spring to mind would be to have a custom figure contest with categories of small (3.75"-8"), large (10"-16"), dioramas, and perhaps even custom cards/packages. If sponsorship from Hasbro and other toy companies could be secured that would make such a thing possible. Who knows?

SirSteve
09-06-2001, 06:24 PM
Well, other than ticket sales, the money would come from dealers (to pay for renting out the facility, promotion, etc). Not much you can do about that. Alpha Con tried to have a handful of dealers and a lot of celebrities. Needless to say, there is no Alpha Con 2002.

Lobito
09-14-2001, 02:31 PM
Count me in!! I back up the idea of the SSG con.!!

There are lots of ppl that have contacts here (i think) and would be like a regular convention, but full of ppl from the SSG community.

Rollo Tomassi
09-16-2001, 02:55 AM
I would go! Where would it be? Would Steve be there? then we could find out how old he is...tee hee. Truth be told, i don't come to the conventions section often because I don't go to many conventions. I'm gearing up for my first one in May of next year...Celebration II!!!! When there is mor information on that onem then I will post in here more often!

master jedi
09-16-2001, 07:19 PM
Maybe Sir Steve will have some sort of thing going on at the next Star Wars Celebration.

bigbarada
09-16-2001, 08:35 PM
For those of us here who can make it to the SW Celebration, and I sincerelly hope I can, we should devise a way for SSG members to recognize each other.

GNT
09-17-2001, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
we should devise a way for SSG members to recognize each other.

Wear name tags duh :)

To bad that its far far awhy from me :(

Rollo Tomassi
09-17-2001, 08:51 AM
I'd pitch in some money for GNT's plane ticket just to meet him...

master jedi
09-17-2001, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by GNT

Wear name tags duh :)

There is only one problem with this idea and that is people posing as other people.

Rollo Tomassi
09-17-2001, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by master jedi

There is only one problem with this idea and that is people posing as other people.

OOOOOOOH....I know ALL about that...:mad:

GNT
09-18-2001, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by master jedi

True ;) How it could work is one trusted member could create a special SSG Nametag,with images or something that can't be reproduced with your name, the nametag could have your member name and your real name and you could show identification to get the nametag???

Rollo Tomassi
09-20-2001, 08:22 AM
And who might this "trusted" member be? Hmmmmmm?

Utinni?:D

GNT
09-21-2001, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
And who might this "trusted" member be? Hmmmmmm?

Utinni?:D

I don't know :rolleyes: Someone thats good at creating stuff like this :rolleyes:

Lobito
09-21-2001, 02:54 PM
We can make the convention in a beach, L.A., Miami, Cancun come to mind, these places all have convention buildings. We can have special prices for the hotels, but we need at least 50 ppl.

2-1B
03-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Did we get 50 ppl yet ?

TeeEye7
03-02-2008, 12:05 AM
Did we get 50 ppl yet ?

Nope. They've all committed to Mabu-Con 2008. :thumbsup:

mabudonicus
03-02-2008, 08:11 AM
Yeah- Anyone who can get to Niagara Falls Ontario sometime in the late summer (or so, date is still up in the air) is invited to Mabu-Con- tho the "gotta be 19 to drink anything" (and there will probably be some drinking happening eventually, the Holiday Special kinda necessitates it)

:beard: Iso&Baws
I guess I should have posted about it here- good thing the de-facto promotional manager brought it up ;)

jjreason
03-02-2008, 09:58 AM
We need to pin a date on this quick so I can ensure my time off is booked WELL in advance. Mabu-con is a MUST, for any fan of the convention circuit. :thumbsup:

mabudonicus
03-03-2008, 09:07 AM
Well, it's gonna be a saturday if that helps- Basically Cappy, Caesar, JJB and RB need to hammer something out- Sliki is still a possibility, but if he is officially "out" then we can basically call the date whenever is best for the remaining participants- and hopefully a few of the further flung "hopefuls" will win lotteries before it goes down and fly here (lookin at Chux, RII and Vyn here at LEAST- I know KH would be here if he were closer as well, he has too much stuff goin on to even phone me :D)
Any thoughts from the above mentioned??

CaptainSolo1138
03-03-2008, 09:39 AM
I'm open for any date, really, with the exception of the first two weekends in August (family vacation). Mrs. Solo and I go to Cedar Point every summer, but that isn't usually planned until a few weeks out so we can work around any date that's set. RB and I (I think) plan on going to at least one Tigers game this summer, but, again, that date can be picked whenever.

Unfortunately, Slicki will not be attending. He's saving up all of his leave time for the holidays (Nov.-Dec.).

Other than those two weekends, I can do whatever. I don't want to make anyone else feel like they have to make the decision on their own, but as long as I have a couple weeks notice I can take the time off from work. The same goes for RB as well.

So, jj, if you want to "call the date" as you see fit, be my (our) guest.

DarthQuack
03-03-2008, 01:05 PM
If there's room for more, I'm down for heading up! I live in Albany...would be about a 5 hour drive....

Tycho
03-03-2008, 05:15 PM
At Celebration 3 in Indy, I got to meet a lot of the folks here. We're getting some SSG groups together at Comic Con now, too.

I think that at another Celebration or Comic Con there would be a lot for everyone to do. There are many other Cons like WonderCon, WizardCon, Bot-Con, Dragon Con, etc. that folks in those areas of the country can use as catalysts to getting together.

If I would be welcome at Mabu-Con, I'd consider it, but my health at present, and the fact that I might have a life-saving surgery this coming summer, negates me talking about any sort of commitment. But it'd be impressive to see Niagara Falls and I'd get a hotel and explore a bit as well as meet everyone. It might be more towards June that I'll know if I have time to go anywhere, and that might not be a good idea for me.

The other thing is that if I'm published, I might do a book tour and will therefore be going everywhere, but on a business schedule. I think it would be exciting and I'd meet SSGrs around the country as I could, but beyond that, I might be tired of traveling and yearn to just stay home.

2-1B
03-03-2008, 09:52 PM
I was hoping to be able to pull this off but it doesn't look like it's in the cards this year for a few different reasons.

I hope my contribution to Rockin' Deuce part Deuce will allow me to celebrate in a very small way in absentia. :thumbsup:

CaptainSolo1138
03-03-2008, 10:19 PM
I was hoping to be able to pull this off but it doesn't look like it's in the cards this year for a few different reasons.

Its because of this (http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/02/first-screen-of.html), isn't it?

mabudonicus
03-04-2008, 07:46 AM
Tycho- if you're EVER near the Falls I would be happy to show you around, and I'd be shocked if you got here and didn't contact me- you are totally welcome at our house whenever, be it mabu-con or just some random time.
Also in attendance will be the lovely JediElf, and meeting her would be enough to make almost any travelling distance worth the trip ;)

DQ- sure man, seriously the more the merrier- I can make space for several people to crash here too so no worries about heading back at some stupid hour

Caesar- Yeah, you will have tobe on the "teleconference list" then, there's a few folks who simply must be involved even if actual attendance is out, I will endeavour to get a speakerphone for the occasion maybe :)
It'll be a freakin BLAST, I promise

TeeEye7
03-04-2008, 11:41 PM
To give the rest of us a chance to celebrate, I think in 2009 things should move south and west.

Malibu-Con should be considered! :thumbsup:

Hmmm.....Do Canadians tan?

Tycho
03-05-2008, 01:22 AM
Everyone would really enjoy themselves if we all could just meet up at a SW Celebration or Comic Con.

C3 in Indy was out of the way for me, but really fun with seeing everyone.

CaptainSolo1138
03-05-2008, 07:24 AM
Everyone would really enjoy themselves if we all could just meet up at a SW Celebration or Comic Con.That's not a bad idea, but meeting at a Con automatically puts you out money. That'd be my only argument against that. An impromptu convention is way cheaper (even though the exclusive figure will probably cost twice as much).:beard:

mabudonicus
03-05-2008, 07:43 AM
TeeEye7- we tan but only for a single month or so, unless we go to a tanning place (which is why Elf has the radiant glow)

Tycho (and Cappy, same subject)- as Cappy said, the "value" vs dollar output of mabucon is gonna be SWEET, only thing to be paid for is lapdances and I don't even think they'll be on the menu- even the con-exclusive shirts are gratis (tho in short supply, there's enough of 'em)
if YOU are reading this, YOU are invited :D

jjreason
03-06-2008, 08:46 PM
What are the chances the cops are going to be popping up at Mabucon (and I ain't talking about me watching Elfy do a lap dance for Cappy, either)?

Tycho
03-06-2008, 09:04 PM
My memory's bad right now, but I thought YOU were a cop, JJ?

It might just be my guilty conscience.

CaptainSolo1138
03-06-2008, 09:18 PM
What are the chances the cops are going to be popping up at Mabucon (and I ain't talking about me watching Elfy do a lap dance for Cappy, either)?I'm a married man.:mad:;)

Do you have any potential dates for attendance?

Bel-Cam Jos
03-08-2008, 06:59 PM
I'm a married man.:mad:;)

Do you have any potential dates for attendance?With these two statements placed nearby, they can have various meanings; clarify? :D

Dates = calendar times :o
Dates = people companions :love:
Dates = fruit that messenger monkeys in Cairo die from eating :cry:

CaptainSolo1138
03-09-2008, 08:20 PM
I thought that when I read it, but thought my meaning was conveyed clearly enough that no one would notice. Thanks, jerk. :p

2-1B
03-09-2008, 08:32 PM
I got a pair of fruit that Caps can eat...but they ain't dates. :thumbsup:

CaptainSolo1138
03-09-2008, 08:48 PM
I got a pair of fruit that Caps can eat...but they ain't dates. :thumbsup:
Ya don't say? (http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/39/96/23229639.jpg)

2-1B
03-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Yeah, only with more foliage...

jjreason
03-10-2008, 05:59 AM
That's lesson one about transvestites, oddly enough: "If it's got an apple, it's got a banana!" lol

I'm going to book my leave here as soon as April 1st rolls around. I want to make sure whatever date is good though - are any weekends OUT for sure?

CaptainSolo1138
03-10-2008, 07:35 AM
The first two weekends of August are out for me and (just to be safe) the weekend of April 19-20.

jjreason
03-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Okay, July it is. My brother is here over Canada day, so it's quickly narrowed down to the last 3 weeks of that month.

CaptainSolo1138
03-10-2008, 12:13 PM
Okay, July it is. My brother is here over Canada day, so it's quickly narrowed down to the last 3 weeks of that month.
That's pretty much prefect.

How about you "take a weekend off" and we make it July 18-20 (Friday-Sunday)? That way RB and I can leave here sometime Friday, have a whole day Saturday and then leave relatively early on Sunday (its about a 6 hour drive for us).

I need to talk with Mrs. Solo about it, but I don't foresee a problem at this point.

El Chuxter
03-10-2008, 01:58 PM
That's pretty much prefect.

Percy Weasley is pretty much prefect, too.

CaptainSolo1138
03-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Percy Weasley is pretty much prefect, too.
I didn't realize you Inquisitorial Squad types cared about grammar.:rolleyes:

Thanks for pointing that out. I'm gonna leave it, 'cause that was the best laugh I've had in a couple days.lol

mabudonicus
03-11-2008, 01:35 PM
Missed yer "cops" question JJ...
Well, seeing that they've been here exactly ZERO times I'd say the chances of any trouble are DAMN slim (and we have had some over-the-top parties with no troubles- despite my F-it" attitude I tend to party REAL responsible-like)

So I am guaranteeing smooth sailing- so far the only people I can forse doing anything actually "sub-legal" would be me and MAYBE Elf but that'll be kept FAR away from the fesitvities proper, to accomodate the sensibilities of the group- and even so I have a funny feeling we'll be WAY too busy to really have any time for that noise, I'll be busily documenting the 'con after all, and co-ordinating the uplinks (I WILL have highspeed set up by then,got it today actually and it goes "live" tomorrow)

More to come, that weekend is perfect too, good call (I expect JJ can just drive up in the morning saturday, with the much-reduced Drive time he'll have)
oh we'll have fun alright, just wish so many folks weren't SO far away, damn global interwebs!!

jjreason
03-11-2008, 05:41 PM
I'll book the week following that weekend off right away, just to ensure a smooth transition back to work. :D

Mabs - I was only teasing about the locals (I can Jedi Mind Trick those guys anyhow). lol

Last question - what role am I playing in the kidnapping of Caesar again?

Dammit, was that out loud?

CaptainSolo1138
03-11-2008, 07:30 PM
Last question - what role am I playing in the kidnapping of Caesar again? Leave that to me.The ether should be here in the next few days.

Dammit, was that out loud?Don't worry about it. This thread isn't anywhere near the "three-years-without-a-post" mark. Those are the only ones he delves into.

TeeEye7
03-12-2008, 04:24 AM
Mabs - I was only teasing about the locals (I can Jedi Mind Trick those guys anyhow). lol

Man! Where do I sign up for lessons!? ;)

Slicker
03-12-2008, 04:58 AM
Hey b***hes!! How did I get counted out of this already?! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm actually gonna try and be home both at the end of the summer AND for Christmas. I'm still not sure about the end of summer date so I guess that does kinda eliminate me. I'm not about to throw a wrench into things here. If anything else we can always try to have a "Mabu-Con v.1.5" when I get home.

CaptainSolo1138
03-12-2008, 09:51 AM
Hey b***hes!! How did I get counted out of this already?! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm actually gonna try and be home both at the end of the summer AND for Christmas. I'm still not sure about the end of summer date so I guess that does kinda eliminate me. I'm not about to throw a wrench into things here. If anything else we can always try to have a "Mabu-Con v.1.5" when I get home.I think the tentative dates are July 18-20. Can you/are you going to take leave?

mabudonicus
03-12-2008, 05:15 PM
I can place the blame SQUARELY on you Bro, Sliki :D
Is the beast still in storage, ready for a road-trip?? If so I can easily host ya but either way yer not throwin a wrench in anything- Thoughts dammit??
:beard:Iso&Baws
We would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for that meddling kid ;)

2-1B
03-12-2008, 06:41 PM
I love how a thread started 6.5 years ago by Huckleberry Josh is now the defacto official Mabu-con '08 thread. lol

That's a whole new take on the concept of thread digging. :thumbsup:

TeeEye7
03-13-2008, 01:08 AM
My bad! (Check out post #20...that's where it turns....) :D

2-1B
03-13-2008, 01:59 AM
How is that bad ? You should've said "My good!" ;)

:thumbsup:

Slicker
03-13-2008, 03:57 AM
I can place the blame SQUARELY on you Bro, Sliki :D
Is the beast still in storage, ready for a road-trip?? If so I can easily host ya but either way yer not throwin a wrench in anything- Thoughts dammit??
:beard:Iso&Baws
We would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for that meddling kid ;)The beast is more than ready for a road trip. She's even got two NON-dented doors!

I highly doubt that I'll be home around that time frame so we'll just have to try and maybe plan a mini-Con for when I get home. It'd be a spur of the moment thing (probably a month or maybe two month notice). I expect pics from this event (naughty ones preferably...)

CaptainSolo1138
03-13-2008, 07:46 AM
naughty ones preferably...Like me teabagging mabs? o yes

I got (conditional) approval from Mrs. Solo last night. I can go on this trip as long as she can go visit a friend in Chicago next month.:D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-20-2008, 10:06 PM
I'm still not confirming anything, but it's possible (and pretty much OK'd by my parents) that I would go see my sister in NYC around that time and take a detour up to Mabucon (which I know is still a ways off, distance-wise). As I'm 18 I guess I wouldn't be able to partake in the "full experience" but I'd still want to be there.

CaptainSolo1138
03-20-2008, 10:13 PM
As I'm 18 I guess I wouldn't be able to partake in the "full experience" but I'd still want to be there.
Good one. I'm assuming your parents read the boards here?:thumbsup:

jjreason
03-20-2008, 10:42 PM
I'm still not confirming anything, but it's possible (and pretty much OK'd by my parents) that I would go see my sister in NYC around that time and take a detour up to Mabucon (which I know is still a ways off, distance-wise). As I'm 18 I guess I wouldn't be able to partake in the "full experience" but I'd still want to be there.

18 year olds can't watch the Holiday Special or play Vynsan Jeopardy? Makes sense, I guess.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-20-2008, 10:54 PM
Good one. I'm assuming your parents read the boards here?:thumbsup:
Yup, Stillakid is my dad and Deoxy is my mom. :eek:

18 year olds can't watch the Holiday Special or play Vynsan Jeopardy? Makes sense, I guess.
I'll just be sitting quietly in the other room, wondering why the traffic cone smells the way it does.

2-1B
03-20-2008, 10:58 PM
Wondering about the taste of that cone as well.

El Chuxter
03-21-2008, 12:59 AM
Man, you guys are going to do the Holiday Special Suicide Pact without me?

<sigh>

jjreason
03-21-2008, 06:48 AM
The Kool-Aid has been brewing for about a week already, Chux. If you'd like, I can send you down a shot or two. I'm imagining that a few phone calls will be made (during the musical numbers), it'll be just like being there!

CaptainSolo1138
03-21-2008, 07:33 AM
it'll be just like being there!Just with less parking cone.

TeeEye7
03-23-2008, 02:20 PM
So......is there a confirmed date yet?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-23-2008, 07:32 PM
So......is there a confirmed date yet?
I thought it was July 18-20, right?

CaptainSolo1138
03-23-2008, 09:22 PM
I thought it was July 18-20, right?That's what I have on my calender.

TeeEye7
03-23-2008, 10:48 PM
Thanks, gentlemen. I'll be there in spirit....and perhaps telephonically, too! :thumbsup:

SirSteve
03-24-2008, 01:41 PM
You guys are funny... ;)

CaptainSolo1138
03-24-2008, 01:43 PM
You guys are funny... ;)
You're invited, too, boss. At what time can we pencil in your arrival?

mabudonicus
03-25-2008, 01:11 PM
HOLY CRAP can't believe the man himself actually posted in this ridiculous thread :D You are invited of course, but something tells me that an appearance is kinda unlikely ;)

just for the record, mabu-con is in NO way connected to the SirSteve enterprise beyond being made up exclusivey of SSG members. Pics will be posted, tho, of anything that is "fit for print" here :D
The current guest list features a bunch of folks who have been friends both on and offline for a few (too many to count) years, so it should be nothin but fun. I stress that the guest-list is quite fluid too, so serious, even if you're not one of the top-posters here and would like to attend, LMK via PM or whatever.

It'd be too cool if JJL makes it out

Rocketboy
03-27-2008, 11:29 PM
Good news for us Yanks heading to MabuCon:

American citizens won't need a passport to cross the land borders until the middle of next year, delaying that requirement by more than a year.

New identification document requirements, the Department of Homeland Security and Department of State announced Thursday, will take effect June 1, 2009. By that date, U.S. travelers will need to present documents that show both identification and citizenship to cross back from Mexico and Canada. For most travelers, that will mean a passport.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23834411

CaptainSolo1138
03-27-2008, 11:36 PM
I saw that about six months ago. I still love you though.

Oh, 1992 called. They want their joke structure back.

Rocketboy
03-27-2008, 11:42 PM
I saw that about six months ago. I still love you though.

Oh, 1992 called. They want their joke structure back.The news article is from today. I guess it's just official now.

TeeEye7
03-29-2008, 09:04 PM
Hey Mabs! I'm still scheming.....;)

Stand by!

jjreason
03-30-2008, 06:04 PM
Whatever you need in terms of pickups or rides - I'm THERE. :thumbsup:

2-1B
03-30-2008, 11:09 PM
How would that look if a member of the RCMP was seen cavorting with TI ? You know...in light of this (http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Music/03/27/rapper.arrested.ap/index.html)...

TeeEye7
03-31-2008, 03:03 AM
How would that look if a member of the RCMP was seen cavorting with TI ? You know...in light of this (http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Music/03/27/rapper.arrested.ap/index.html)...

What's a machine gun or a bazooka between friends? Some people have no sense of humor! :mad:

CaptainSolo1138
03-31-2008, 07:26 AM
For those of you with the benefit of Facebook, I added a countdown to mabucon ticker to my page.

109 days, 5 hours, 30 minutes and 15 seconds!

mabudonicus
04-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Excellent, the doom-clock is a nice touch Bro

And TeeEye, what you takin over control of Mabu-Con now or what?? Hell, you've done way more than any of the actual attendees so far, we might have to rename the damn thing if you keep this up :thumbsup:

man this is gonna be some fun, still got tons of space on the guest list ;)

TeeEye7
04-02-2008, 07:10 AM
I have it on good authority that a four-course meal will be served at MabuCon 2008:

1. Beer (Canadian)
2. Nachos*
3. Beer (US)
4. Beer (European)

*Beer may be substituted for the nachos.

Slicker
04-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Good God! This convention is shaping up to be an event of monumental proportions! If there is any way in this world to be there I will be but I'm highly doubting I'll be back in Japan by then. Someone will HAVE to get me the unkidfriendly pictures as I'm sure most of them will be as such.

BTW, you're holding the Con on the 64th anniversary of the plot to kill Hitler. Be sure to drink a beer for Colonel Claus Shenck von Stauffenberg and the other plotters that almost did the deed.

CaptainSolo1138
04-04-2008, 09:04 PM
BTW, you're holding the Con on the 64th anniversary of the plot to kill Hitler. Be sure to drink a beer for Colonel Claus Shenck von Stauffenberg and the other plotters that almost did the deed.Do scientologists (http://aftermathnews.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/nazi_cruise.jpg) approve of beer?

TeeEye7
04-04-2008, 09:07 PM
BTW, you're holding the Con on the 64th anniversary of the plot to kill Hitler. Be sure to drink a beer for Colonel Claus Shenck von Stauffenberg and the other plotters that almost did the deed.

In celebration, Mabs has promised to wear lederhosen during the event.

jjreason
04-05-2008, 10:02 AM
Ummm, TI..... those are referred to as Lannyhosin' in St. Catherines. ;)

mabudonicus
04-05-2008, 02:14 PM
hey hey, you guys ain't forcin no wardrobe on the bad guy- despite popular belief it gets HOT up here in summer, you'll be lucky if I'm even wearing clothes for the whole 'con :D

and you wanna see Lannyhosin' ??
Now I gots me a digicam Ima go huntin hosin Lannies with Elf- they come out of the woodwork (or outta the piles of junk I guess) when the weather gets nice and it is doing so right now up here- if I could have shown pics of the "Lanny at the Bank" encounter (3PM on a friday, one of the funniest Lanny things we've ever seen) there WOULD be laffs

DAMN that was funny

El Chuxter
04-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Whatchoo talkin' 'bout? You might want to keep it a surprise, but the pics have already leaked out.

mabudonicus
04-05-2008, 02:53 PM
I'm gonna find out who the leaker is- I know who the squirter is already ;)
That pic REALLY made me laugh you bugger

Slicker
04-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Hmmm...do you think you could fit into lederhausen, Carl? You always say yer packin' a lot of heat and they don't have much room up front.

CaptainSolo1138
04-05-2008, 08:30 PM
they come out of the woodwork (or outta the piles of junk I guess) when the weather gets nice and it is doing so right now up hereThe only dress code Lanny follows is, "If the sun's glowin', the guns are showin'".

2-1B
04-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Not to mention:

"when there's fat chix about, whip it out."

mabudonicus
04-22-2008, 12:58 PM
I suppose some pics of the convention facilities are in order soon.

And what's with the guest list bein so small still ;) ??

C'mon folks, I'm serious about there bein plenty of space and we're only minutes from Niagara Falls!!!
:bored: Iso&Baws

Still workin on a con exclusive Turdeto heroclix, which will likely have to be raffled off (or even more likely just awarded to JJ since I think he's the only person coming out who ever cared about 'clix :))

jjreason
04-25-2008, 05:31 PM
Dude, Turdeto would be the ONLY thing I'd choose over an exclusive MASSIVE Durge figure, ready to pop with awesome articulation.

mabudonicus
04-26-2008, 09:59 AM
oooh no Durge figure in the works, so it's a good thing I chose the Lord of Doon.

You know what I can pull off painting-wise, making Mags brown is pretty damn easy

Anyone else want a brown version of a Marvel character, while I'm at it??
:bored: Iso&Baws
YAAAY Turdeto!!!

mabudonicus
05-12-2008, 01:35 PM
getting closer by the day, still setting the stage for the big event- does anyone on the guest-list have a copy of Over the Top?? Keep yer eyes on the 50 cent previously enjoyed VHS tapes, I will do the same, if not maybe Megaforce as I suggested elsewhere, it's a good "wallpaper" kind of film where no amount of ignoring it realy matters to the overall effect
Oyes

2-1B
05-12-2008, 06:58 PM
OTT is one of my all time favorite movies...I treasure my DVD copy. I think I tossed my VHS copy when I got the DVD.

TeeEye7
05-29-2008, 11:35 AM
Hey Mabs! I'm still scheming.....;)

Stand by!

Scheme underway!

mabudonicus
05-29-2008, 11:39 AM
Ahhh, nothin like a good mystery to get me all hopped up :D

After the last surprise volley I don't know what to expect darn it :D

Guess we'll see soon what them cryptic tiny-spoiler sentences mean soon :)
TeeEye7 has now officiallyl done about 10 times the preparation I have, might have to rename this sucker is this keeps up

TeeEye7
05-30-2008, 11:35 AM
Guess we'll see soon what them cryptic tiny-spoiler sentences mean soon :)

;) :D ;) :D ;) :D :thumbsup: :beard:

El Chuxter
05-30-2008, 01:48 PM
July? I'd better get my super-secret care package in the mail!! :eek:

Just so you know, it will include a DVD you and jjreason will want to watch. It features a certain Korean pop artist (and sworn enemy of Stephen Colbert) saying that someone is "a demon on wheels." I won't say anything more, even though I'm sure you know what it is.

El Chuxter
05-30-2008, 02:05 PM
Here's another hint, since I don't recall if you get Colbert up in the tundra-land:

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNN!!!!!! (http://www.comedycentral.com/colbertreport/videos.jhtml?videoId=168351)

TeeEye7
06-03-2008, 05:03 AM
Ahh! Tomorrow I get to check on the progress of my shenanigans!

mabudonicus
06-11-2008, 01:53 PM
OK slight change of schedule, the con had to be moved to the following weekend, July 25th I think. Sorry for the hassle, blame Cappy :D
This won't change again dammit

El Chuxter
06-11-2008, 01:54 PM
So Mabu-Con is going to be going on at the same time as Comic-Con, then?

Innerestin'....

TeeEye7
06-14-2008, 06:03 PM
So Mabu-Con is going to be going on at the same time as Comic-Con, then?

Innerestin'....

Yep. And mabs will be there signing autographs! :yes:

Take THAT SDCC!

CaptainSolo1138
06-14-2008, 09:14 PM
To further rub salt into the wound that is SDCC, this'll be the only place you can pick up the RB figure with vomit covered shirt variant!

TeeEye7
06-14-2008, 11:36 PM
You forgot to mention that the shirt has a scratch-'n'-sniff feature. :cool:

mabudonicus
06-19-2008, 12:52 PM
gettin closer. I am pleased to announce that all 3 versions of the Deuce will be attending.

That's right, triple Deuce

CaptainSolo1138
06-19-2008, 01:24 PM
With enough nachos, I can help bring forth the quadruple deuce. : poop :

LBC, your attendance at mabu-con is assumed, given that you have possibly the shortest drive out of pretty much anyone here. Just thought I'd let you know that you're coming.:D

TeeEye7
06-20-2008, 12:04 PM
With enough nachos, I can help bring forth the quadruple deuce. : poop :

Oops! Time for a language lesson! In St. Catharines, it's referred to as : doon: !
You may be criticized for leaving the wrong thing in your host country! :yes:

CaptainSolo1138
06-20-2008, 01:02 PM
Oops! Time for a language lesson! In St. Catharines, it's referred to as : doon: !
You may be criticized for leaving the wrong thing in your host country! :yes:I know of the dialectic differences. I was simply exporting language as a display of good will.

TeeEye7
06-21-2008, 10:58 AM
Duly noted, sir! :thumbsup:

mabudonicus
06-24-2008, 11:07 AM
OK after finally consulting a calendar, the 26th is the saturday, so many plans I kinda forgot to actually look it up
that was dumb

TeeEye7
07-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Major Canadian holidays in July:

July 1 -- Canada Day :thumbsup:

July 26 -- MabuCon2008 :beard:

OC47150
07-03-2008, 09:02 PM
OK slight change of schedule, the con had to be moved to the following weekend, July 25th I think. Sorry for the hassle, blame Cappy :D
This won't change again dammit

Gosh, can we cram anymore stuff into that weekend? :shocked: It's already a busy one for me.

mabudonicus
07-04-2008, 12:33 PM
I'm good at crammin stuff into places, I can do that...

The 'Con is approaching FAST, the action script for Rockin Deuce III: Rockin Deece is almost ready (to be shot at the 'Con itself) things are all lined up, it's officially okay to be gettin excited
Oyes, 22 days!!!

TeeEye7
07-04-2008, 09:50 PM
gettin closer. I am pleased to announce that all 3 versions of the Deuce will be attending.

That's right, triple Deuce

No. There is another.

jjreason
07-06-2008, 08:20 AM
I'm not sure about the other attendees, but I'm planning a visit to the TRU store near Mabudon's place to grab a Yarna figure on her "first day of issue". Anyone else interested in jumping in for that short car ride will, of course, be more than welcome. :thumbsup:

Aside: my young fella REALLY likes this smiley (I think it's the whole Indy thing), so I'm using it for him in this post. :whip:

CaptainSolo1138
07-06-2008, 10:22 AM
I'm not sure about the other attendees, but I'm planning a visit to the TRU store near Mabudon's place to grab a Yarna figure on her "first day of issue". Anyone else interested in jumping in for that short car ride will, of course, be more than welcome. :thumbsup:

Aside: my young fella REALLY likes this smiley (I think it's the whole Indy thing), so I'm using it for him in this post. :whip:If I remember correctly, the local TRU is NOT back across the border, right? RB and I have to cross once, which is one time too many for me. Otherwise, I'd love to go Yarna hunting and take mabucon v1.0 on the road.

mabudonicus
07-06-2008, 11:17 AM
No, it's a 10 minute walk across the QEW man, like a 1-2 minute drive, that's a GREAT idea- and it gives me a good idea for rockin Deece- it could begin with us opening Yarna and saying crap about it, then the phone rings and it's Deuce busting us for buying a non-Deuce figure

20 days Oyes!!!

Slicker
07-07-2008, 01:10 AM
My jealously mounts with each day this gets closer. I'd better get some pictures from this joyous occasion.

And Mabs, don't forget about the bathroom door handle. ;)

Tycho
07-08-2008, 05:08 AM
If you all open your Yarna figures together, you must SNIFF her and take pictures of this!

Pick a closed room with poor ventilation and maybe run a vaporizer or place pans of hot steaming water close by.

I can't wait to see this!

Sniffin' the Yarna!

El Chuxter
07-08-2008, 02:37 PM
I heard an unconfirmed rumor at aintitreallyfreakingsweet.uk that a certain overweight Jabba's palace denizen might show up at Mabu-Con this year. Apparently it was some sort of running joke involving a hockey player named Nik.

CaptainSolo1138
07-08-2008, 03:09 PM
I heard an unconfirmed rumor at aintitreallyfreakingsweet.uk that a certain overweight Jabba's palace denizen might show up at Mabu-Con this year. Apparently it was some sort of running joke involving a hockey player named Nik.I think I heard the same rumor, but I've been hearing it for months now. I'll believe it when I see it. Those effin' kids and their intrawebz are always starting this type of stuff.

2-1B
07-08-2008, 06:23 PM
My jealously mounts with each day this gets closer. I'd better get some pictures from this joyous occasion.

Who does it mount?

DarthQuack
07-09-2008, 07:30 AM
Who does it mount?

Slicks mom?

TeeEye7
07-11-2008, 10:42 PM
It's here.

At last we can reveal ourselves to the attendees. At last we will have our fun!

Open the monolith, mabs!

TeeEye7
07-25-2008, 11:39 AM
..........and?

mabudonicus
07-25-2008, 12:26 PM
All is in readiness- unfortunately, a couple attendees were "virtualized" at the moment but there will be call-ins and uplinks. I will wait til sunday to start posting pics etc as I don't wanna ruin any surprises :D

There's surprises alright :D

jjreason
07-26-2008, 05:59 AM
Well if it helps judge the excitement, TI, I was up at 0500 full of pi$$ & vinegar ready to hit the con. Now all I need is my damned early entry bracelet so I don't miss out on the exclusive Turdeto, a quick visit with Pegger, a roundup of some figures that can create the \m/ for the Deece video, a quick soccer game, a stop in Hamilton on the way........... and I'm THERE!!!! :yes:

ISO & BAWS

Yeah, we booked a lot for this weekend. lol

mabudonicus
07-26-2008, 08:22 AM
I am awake and getting the last few details in place :D

Hope ya get all that stuff done in a fairly stress-free manner Bro, I am officially waitin for ya :D

SOyes

CaptainSolo1138
07-26-2008, 11:04 AM
I'm seriously jealous. It was nice to speak with mabs for almost an hour last night, but its nowhere near the same. Rocketboy and I are going to the driving range this evening, but we'll be back in plenty of time to "virtually" attend.

It was really tough to look at the clock yesterday and say, "Damn, we should be crossing the border right about now" though.lol

:beard:yyyyyyyyeeeeeeeaaaaasssssssssssssssssss

mabudonicus
07-26-2008, 11:47 AM
SOyes that was an awesome convo Bro, thanks for the call :D

well, JJ should be here in a couple hours- I just gotta get the salsa ready and the entire 'Con will be ready. Still waiting on details for a couple other attendees from vynsan(e) tho not anyone associated with this site dammit...

Anyone who wants to phone in an appearance (that's how the REAL pros do it) PM me and I'll shoot ya the contact #

We are going to do this RIGHT

TeeEye7
07-26-2008, 07:38 PM
..........and?

.....and so it begins!

SDCC pales in comparison!

jjreason
07-26-2008, 09:58 PM
Here is the first official report FROM the con. We have opened the (unbelievably Deuced out) box and have pooped our collective pants. Ho. Lee. CARP, we're blown away!!!!! To say that TI went and pretty much MADE the con from another country would be an understatement. :eek:

Be advised, the audio for Rockin' Deuce III: Rockin' DEECE has been chosen and primary videography is set to begin imminently. Prank calls will also be starting shortly, please be near your phones if at all possible. \m/

TeeEye7
07-26-2008, 10:46 PM
I love it when a plan comes together! ;)

Wish I could be there, but the phone call was the next best thing! :thumbsup:

\m/ :beard: Oyes

mabudonicus
07-27-2008, 09:25 AM
HAHAHAHA speakin of deuced out my GOODNESS I don't recall how I got certain bruises but I can state for certain that the 'Con logo hangs proudly in front of the house and anyone still in attendance (slumbering attendance) is decked out in official gear.- and it seems that someone has stolen my damn sugar jar- no wait it was in the front room bein used as a prop for something I have NO recollection of

I gotta edit down the few pics we managed to get, there's at LEAST one that will be worthy of posting :D
And a special thanks to TeeEye7 for blowing our minds pretty much clean out- more to come :)

jjreason
07-27-2008, 10:47 AM
Soyes!!!! I'm home safe and sound, and the smell of the nachos (yes, there were even nachos :) ) is lingering around so you KNOW they were super. ;)

mabudonicus
07-27-2008, 11:18 AM
JJ even waved his Yarna in my face- that doesn't explain the bruising tho

SOON the pics

TeeEye7
07-27-2008, 07:20 PM
I wonder how much MabuCon exclusives will fetch on eBay? ;)

Talk about limited quantities!!!

mabudonicus
07-31-2008, 01:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q9IhMhwY88

just a short commemorative video. Pics will be up soon- you MUST understand that I have a LOT of pics to deal with "work" wise

Oyes, pics soon :D

El Chuxter
07-31-2008, 02:01 PM
STANSE, Frankie, and even a Nerbler cameo?

FReakiN' A!!!!

jjreason
07-31-2008, 06:10 PM
Hoo boy, I'm almost afraid to ask what time that was shot at.... lol

TeeEye7
07-31-2008, 10:13 PM
JediElf is very becoming in yellow! :thumbsup:

CaptainSolo1138
08-01-2008, 08:44 AM
JediElf is very becoming in yellow! :thumbsup:She looks even better in flesh tone.:lipsrsealed:

mabudonicus
08-01-2008, 11:14 AM
SOyes, it's true- tho she was an instant qualifier for the unique colour "uniform"..I will be workin on the pics in a short while and will post them up here this afternoon

There's some funny ones :)

JediTricks
08-01-2008, 03:09 PM
We shoulda done a satellite uplink from the SSG lunch to that, but I cannot imagine any man-made satellite containing it!

CaptainSolo1138
08-01-2008, 03:12 PM
We shoulda done a satellite uplink from the SSG lunch to that, but I cannot imagine any man-made satellite containing it!
Only a tethered 2-1B figure would have been able to handle such an amount of awesomeness.

mabudonicus
08-01-2008, 03:13 PM
it would have been something, to be sure- as it was we were having some technical issues and didn't manage to get video feed arranged- a couple phone-ins tho, which were just as good :D

just wait til the pics are up :D

JediTricks
08-01-2008, 03:34 PM
I actually just realized that SirSteve's backup laptop has a camera in it (mine doesn't), so if we had thought of it, we could have linked up that to a live feed. But since we were outdoors, there would have been significant washout.

mabudonicus
08-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Oh there was PLENTY of washout even without the uplink :D

MASSIVE washout

mabudonicus
08-01-2008, 05:14 PM
and now, the first of several pics- I have to check with one of the participants as to how "public" I can make some of them, but I can't see a huge problem

I suppose the logo is the first to go up, along with a group shot of the main attendees (no-one from SSG sadly in this pic, tho JJ was takin the pic so that counts). The last shot is of the "Imbeerial" symbol

Oyes more to come

CaptainSolo1138
08-01-2008, 05:16 PM
Imbeerial symbol = monumental.

jjreason
08-01-2008, 06:52 PM
Go ahead - just make sure you photoshop them so as not to make me look fat. ;)

That would be a LOT of photoshoppin'..... :lol:

mabudonicus
08-01-2008, 07:46 PM
Okay, here's two group shots with JJ

So far so good

mabudonicus
08-01-2008, 07:50 PM
here's a few of us and the seamless monolith, what a puzzling thing that was

JJ- "OH MY GOD no, no, it's seamless, it is, it totally is"

TeeEye7
08-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the pics, mabs! It's good to see the monolith made it's international journey unscathed!

Good looking group of attendees at MabuCon 2008 v.1! MabuCon 2008 v.2 should be just as :cool:

I really like the pics of Dr. Reason performing surgery on the monolith!

CaptainSolo1138
08-01-2008, 08:40 PM
My jealousy is increasing. I'm not sure if its Reason's SC champs hat, the seamless monolith, the ever present alcohol or the Motorhead shirt.

I'm absolutely dying alive.

TeeEye7
08-02-2008, 12:02 PM
...the Motorhead shirt.

It pales in comparison to the official MabuCon 2008 shirt or the even rarer ":beard: Iso&Baws" prototype 'con shirt! ;)

Lemmy is PLEADING with mabs for a 'con shirt.......

mabudonicus
08-02-2008, 12:14 PM
the prototypes were presented for perusal, but the "real" ones were just too damn sweet.

The Motorhead shirt was just my "arrival" gear, I rock it fairly often- tho it is in dire need of replacement- not an easy task in square-ton where I live

I WISH I got footage of our struggles with the monolith, JJ and I were totally puzzled, the damn thing really WAS seamless, like a perfect, single box-sized piece of paper was used with no need for tape

here's a couple more pics for your enjoyment- JJ both menaced by the claw AND wielding it , plus a shot of the monolith itself- notice no seams

That claw is awesome

DarthQuack
08-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Awesome pics.....the next one would be sweet to attend..

TeeEye7
08-04-2008, 10:21 PM
.....the next one would be sweet to attend..

Let the countdown begin!

TeeEye7
08-17-2008, 07:02 PM
Keep the same logo for MabuCon 2009? Or something new........?

CaptainSolo1138
08-17-2008, 07:37 PM
Keep the same logo for MabuCon 2009? Or something new........?The only way you could possibly improve upon that is to have the real Deuce show up astride a flaming velociraptor fitted with Gatling guns for the sole purpose of anally destroying Lanny with his probe*.

*Deuce probe has been replaced with the Stanley Cup.

scruffziller
08-26-2008, 09:47 AM
Slicks mom?
So all with this about Slick's mom. Is she comparable to Stiifler's mom or the mom from Superbad?

jjreason
08-28-2008, 07:11 PM
I'm thinking more along the lines of "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?" - but with an even less cute figure. :(

TeeEye7
08-31-2008, 01:37 AM
The only way you could possibly improve upon that is to have the real Deuce show up astride a flaming velociraptor fitted with Gatling guns for the sole purpose of anally destroying Lanny with his probe*.

*Deuce probe has been replaced with the Stanley Cup.

Well.....it may be entirely possible to incorporate all that in logo form with the Deuce still throwing the horns! ;)

jjreason
09-01-2008, 01:47 PM
TI, no mention of the whorls? ;)

TeeEye7
09-01-2008, 04:08 PM
TI, no mention of the whorls? ;)

I think those are located on his probe. ;)

TeeEye7
11-29-2008, 06:52 PM
Is there a proposed date for the Michigan Invasion of MabuCon?

Slicker
11-29-2008, 09:29 PM
If/when the invasion happens it won't be until late February/early March so there's still plenty of time left to plan it out. :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
11-30-2008, 02:31 AM
Cappy has a special chair to sit in if he can get his punk butt up there this time.

mabudonicus
11-30-2008, 10:05 AM
There's also a few door-prizes that have yet to be claimed don't forget

We're definitely looking at the dates Sliki posted, me and Cappy discussed it at length last week.

Since Rockin Deece is in production, I plan to shoot the first prequel installment this time, since the folks attending are all more or less partially responsible for the very existence of the franchaise

oh it'll happen, SOyes it will

Slicker
11-30-2008, 10:36 AM
Yeah, I've definitely got a tingle in my crotchal region over going to visit Mabs. The last time was far too short to get a full experience (although we actually got to see a Lanny in action stealing wood from the curb). Hopefully this time we can have another journey to Golden Bros. That place was the s*it!

TeeEye7
12-01-2008, 03:40 AM
Yeah, I've definitely got a tingle in my crotchal region over going to visit Mabs.

Isn't there a powder for that? ;)

DarthQuack
12-02-2008, 08:31 PM
bump...I'll take time off this time when it's planned :P

TeeEye7
12-12-2008, 08:58 PM
I need to apply for my passport (again). :yes:

Tycho
12-14-2008, 06:55 PM
I think everyone should come to San Diego for a Comic Con and we have a pre-arranged time, date, and place to all meet up before or afterwards.

I'm not just being lazy with my suggesting San Diego - Comic Con is located here.

The other thing is I'd be willing to go to another big convention like in Indianapolis and C3. I met a lot of SSGrs there and had a great time.

The pairing of an SSG meet-up and a big convention to give us all something to do is very appealing.

But I've loved meeting all the folks from this site that I've encountered over the years I've participated here.

Slicker
12-14-2008, 10:10 PM
I need to apply for my passport (again). :yes:Oh, carp! Have they started to enforce the passport thing at the border? I may need to run and get mine if that's the case.

Rocketboy
12-14-2008, 11:14 PM
Not until June...according to your brother.

Slicker
12-15-2008, 05:17 AM
Not until June...according to your brother.That's good. I think it's ridiculous anyways. It's like owning a bad arsed house with awesome roommates living upstairs and them not giving you a key to come in.

mabudonicus
12-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Yeah the border thing sucks, and to say more would be political :D

I'm hopin we can get a date in place by mid-January, things should be shaped up good enough by then. It's my b-day march 8th, so anytime within a month around that date would be golden. This edition of mabu-con will also benefit from the completed new washroom, a real plus if you knew what the original one looked like.

As with the last one, anyone who is able to attend can ajoin the list simply by posting (as DQ did up there) Once the date is set in stone, it'll be announced here :D

Hope it goes off properly SOyes

TeeEye7
12-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Would a monolith filled with plastic HUGE plastic be welcomed? :Ponder:

mabudonicus
12-15-2008, 12:54 PM
well, to cut plastic bottle is easy, so the saying goes

sure, plastic HUGE plastic why not, bring 'em on

DarkArtist
12-26-2008, 09:19 AM
I think everyone should come to San Diego for a Comic Con and we have a pre-arranged time, date, and place to all meet up before or afterwards.

I'm not just being lazy with my suggesting San Diego - Comic Con is located here.

The other thing is I'd be willing to go to another big convention like in Indianapolis and C3. I met a lot of SSGrs there and had a great time.

The pairing of an SSG meet-up and a big convention to give us all something to do is very appealing.

But I've loved meeting all the folks from this site that I've encountered over the years I've participated here.

i would love to have a meet and greet event at either a Comic Con or Celebration convention. i think we all could have a special shirt or badge made up to show we are from SSG and maybe even a luncheon or something at the convention as well

Tycho
12-26-2008, 04:27 PM
We need to invite William Shatner. We just do!

TeeEye7
12-26-2008, 05:15 PM
I believe he has a prior engagement at MabuCon first. ;)

MabuKaaaaaahhnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TeeEye7
02-21-2009, 07:09 PM
Photographic proof that you can loose your head at MabuCon.

mabudonicus
02-22-2009, 11:28 AM
I can't believe it's less than a week away now- I even got a real short message from JJ confirming his plan to attend so it's pretty much green lights from here on in. There WILL be pics. There WILL be video. There WILL be nachos.

And shortly after the Con, there WILL be a fourth installment to "Rockin Deuce" Oyes

Rocketboy
02-22-2009, 04:36 PM
I can't believe it's less than a week away now- I even got a real short message from JJ confirming his plan to attend so it's pretty much green lights from here on in.That remains to be seen. Appearing via WoW doesn't count.

mabudonicus
02-23-2009, 10:13 AM
Although I'm betting his WoW persona is more svelte :D

the con is so close I can almost taste it. The Mabu-Dome is largely set up and ready and all systems appear to be GO

Now all we need is the next few days to slide past...
SOyes

bobafrett
02-23-2009, 10:39 AM
But isn't it cold in Canada these days?

mabudonicus
02-23-2009, 10:54 AM
hmmm somehow I don't get whatcha mean- it's cold, but no colder than Michigan :D

Good ol boba-frettian non-sequitir for a monday

TeeEye7
02-23-2009, 12:03 PM
the con is so close I can almost taste it. The Mabu-Dome is largely set up and ready and all systems appear to be GO

Yes, very close......

DarthQuack
02-23-2009, 12:16 PM
Looks to be a snowy con forecast.

TeeEye7
02-23-2009, 08:28 PM
I'm sure the attendees will find a way to heat things up! :yes:

sith_killer_99
02-23-2009, 09:40 PM
Photographic proof that you can loose your head at MabuCon.

That would have been much more impressive if 2-1B had posted it. LOL :D

Slicker
02-24-2009, 07:58 AM
I'm sure the attendees will find a way to heat things up! :yes:Alcohol tends to do that. :yes:

Maybe we'll have some more Malibu ******s!!!

mabudonicus
02-24-2009, 10:10 AM
Meh there's no snow on the ground now besides a few isolated little bits, I ain't too concerned at this point.

Sliki is OFFICIALLY in-country across the border to the south (tho where we live the US borders are to the east, west, south AND northeast AND northwest)

In just 4 more days, it will become a reality

SOyes, we're gonna re-define "fun sized"

TeeEye7
02-24-2009, 11:36 AM
SOyes, we're gonna re-define "fun sized"

That's what Slicker's Mom said.

mabudonicus
02-25-2009, 12:18 PM
Shoot, I can hardly type I'm SO stoked. I am thinkin I will shoot ONE more pre-vite countdown segment in a little bit. The awesomeness that will be unleashed is nothing short of legendary.

Anyone who wants to call in but does not have the #, PM me and I'll hook ya up

SOyes O Y E S

mabudonicus
02-25-2009, 04:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEBoY9Wh0OI

the final pre-vite, enjoy :D

And again SOyes

bobafrett
02-25-2009, 04:33 PM
Ha Ha, Canadians talk with cool accents!

Slicker
02-25-2009, 07:31 PM
Utterly pan-tastic. That's all that I can say.

Epic pan-tasticness!

\m/

mabudonicus
02-26-2009, 10:07 AM
I just checked the colour-coded "threat of FUN" index and it's ultraviolet
It's probably going to be a sound by the time saturday rolls around

TeeEye7
02-26-2009, 11:15 AM
Things would be so much simpler if the MabuDome was in SoCal....:yes:

mabudonicus
02-26-2009, 11:20 AM
Well, our house HAS been moved twice but that was 100 years ago, and it's a LONG haul to SoCal carrying an antique house dontcha know

One way or another we WILL meet up someday TeeEye, not to worry :D

a little over 48 hours to go...

bobafrett
02-26-2009, 12:31 PM
I just had to go back and look at the Youtube announcement even though it is now Thursday, and the announcement was on Wednesday.

mabudonicus
02-27-2009, 09:43 AM
Just can't get enough o the "wacky accent" eh Frett ;) ??

Besides returning a few empties, things are pretty much in readiness. I envy the MI crew as they actually have another event to attend between now and then to pad out the wait, whereas I gotta concentrate on BAU and just wait for the time to pass...
SOyes, SO close

mabudonicus
02-28-2009, 08:56 AM
it's roughly 5 hours til they descend, all is ready
The banner goes up in 3 hours...

TeeEye7
02-28-2009, 11:18 AM
It's three hours later......

HOIST UP THAT BAD BOY!!

I did! Ok, OK...so it's a little early.....

mabudonicus
02-28-2009, 11:54 AM
7 minutes...

ALL is ready... the merch, the prizes, the Deece- all that remains is the arrival of the crew

EDIT- READY!!!

I will post here when the crew is assembled.
Any suggestions as to how I could get a web-cam feed up?? I can do it on MSN (whatever that sucker is called, their IM program-thingy) but I don't know any other options that aren't x-rated

bobafrett
02-28-2009, 12:08 PM
Well, I sure hope they show up! I wish I could be there, but today my son turns 18!

DarthQuack
02-28-2009, 03:45 PM
7 minutes...

ALL is ready... the merch, the prizes, the Deece- all that remains is the arrival of the crew

EDIT- READY!!!

Any suggestions as to how I could get a web-cam feed up?? I can do it on MSN (whatever that sucker is called, their IM program-thingy) but I don't know any other options that aren't x-rated

You could use Stickam....I use that myself....that way you can just leave it up and ppl can pop in and out throughout the day.

TeeEye7
02-28-2009, 07:00 PM

Well? Is they is? Or is they not?

DarthQuack
02-28-2009, 07:05 PM
I have a feeling they is getting deep in alcohol.

TeeEye7
02-28-2009, 07:08 PM
I have a feeling they is getting deep in alcohol.

Proper motivation is the hallmark of MabuCon!

Slicker
02-28-2009, 07:12 PM
THE CREW HAS ASSEMBLED!!!!

I'm postin' a little faded right now and we're settin' up for Rockin' Deece Deuce.

DarthQuack
02-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Get the damn webcam going!!!!

TeeEye7
02-28-2009, 07:28 PM
I just called in a few minutes ago......got the answer machine!!!!!!!
I'll try again in a while...got to get dinner going.

Maybe I can talk to Elf for real next time!

Slicker
02-28-2009, 08:53 PM
EVERYONE THAT KNOWS THE NUMBER CALL!!! I PERSONALLY ANSWERED THE PHONE BUT IT WAS TOO LATE!!!!

Sorry TI!!!

Barry PM me your number. We tried to call but it didn't go through.

jjreason
02-28-2009, 11:03 PM
TI - I think we missed your call due to a MARATHON session with Tycho - embarrassingly enough it was hot "Josh on Josh" action (Tycho & Rocketboy yakking for quite some time).

We're still here & all up as of 11pm est, hopefully you can call again. :yes:

TeeEye7
02-28-2009, 11:11 PM
CONSPIRACY!

Answer machine again...........:cross-eye

bobafrett
02-28-2009, 11:43 PM
EVERYONE THAT KNOWS THE NUMBER CALL!!! I PERSONALLY ANSWERED THE PHONE BUT IT WAS TOO LATE!!!!

Sorry TI!!!

Barry PM me your number. We tried to call but it didn't go through.

Slicker, it was nice talking to you. I'm sorry that my phone died when I started talking to some of the rest of the guys. My phone in the kitchen sucks, I couldn't hear anything. I should have tried to put you on speaker, but I'm not sure quite how to do that.

Tycho
03-01-2009, 01:36 AM
I posted in the Mabu-Con thread that it was great talking to all of you guys - some of you for my very first time. You're all cool and I'm glad to call you my friends.

I got cut-off too, 'Frett - when I was talking to Rocketboy. I'm going to call them in the morning. I might go to bed now or drive to Wal-Mart to try and find their exclusive Comic Packs.

In any event, I know Slicker's still awake as he's online at this very moment. I was going to speak with him again before I got off the phone as it was, so if you want to dial me up Slick, be my guest. I just don't want to wake anyone staying over there at Mabs tonight. It's 10:36 my time, so it must be nearly 2am by you.

TeeEye7
03-01-2009, 02:36 AM
Like Josh W., I'll try to call again tomorrow too, as it's waaaaay too late. (Honest! I've been trying! I think I've got Elf's message on the answer machine memorized now ;)!).

jjreason
03-01-2009, 09:59 AM
Well I made it home safely from the con & am very pleased to be able to say (at least I'm hoping I'm able to say - Mab's will kill me otherwise) that some rough footage was shot for a future project. :thumbsup:

TeeEye7
03-01-2009, 10:39 AM
Literally just hung up from talking to mabs, cappy, slicker, and rocketboy! Missed Mr. Reason as he faded into the night to return home early. Sorry I missed talking to you this morning, sir.

The inhabitants of the MabuDome seemed very content this morning as to the shenanigans that occurred during the convention. Mabs gave me exclusive insight regarding video and photos of the affair. All I can say is: standby!

It was great finally getting the chance to talk with the Michigan Invaders. Thanks guys! And it's always a treat to talk to the great mabudonicus!

Glad everyone had a good time! :thumbsup:

mabudonicus
03-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Update- the Michigan Invaders JUST left, Elf is a non-sequitir at the moment.

I really can't put to words the awesome fun we had last night, and we have GB of pics and video to wade through, I am starting the process now

SO many ridiculous things were coined, SO many AWESOME call-ins, a HUGE Thank You to everyone who had ANYTHING to do with the event, we made memories enough to last at LEAST til next time

Pics to follow...

My other car is a Wolf Shirt

Owww Owww OOOOOOOOOOOwwwwwwwww!!!!- Sliki

mabudonicus
03-01-2009, 01:15 PM
here's the first OFFICIAL pic from the con.. Me, JJ, Cappy, RB, Sliki and "Seigneur Ouvert" (who is my co-conspirator on most of our goofy crap)

MUCH more to come, the footage is in need of INTENSE editing...

Just you wait and see

TeeEye7
03-01-2009, 03:54 PM
A most handsome group, indeed!

Even more impressive to think that Slick came all the way from the future to attend MabuCon Deuce!

DarthQuack
03-01-2009, 04:20 PM
What a bunch of smooth pimps! :thumbsup: Saddened that I wasn't able to attend....perhaps Mabucon 4.5 in the summer??

bobafrett
03-01-2009, 04:26 PM
Wish I could have been there, I thought about calling, but figured I didn't want to wake the hungover masses.

BTW, I meant to ask you slicker, how your time in the military was going.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-01-2009, 04:47 PM
Ah, I didn't get to call in as I was at a concert for most of last night . . . oh well, maybe at Mabu-Con Deece?

Slicker
03-01-2009, 07:01 PM
BTW, I meant to ask you slicker, how your time in the military was going.It's going quite swimmingly. I've got decision time coming up though on whether to reenlist or to get out.

Tycho
03-01-2009, 07:22 PM
The economy's terrible and California's jobless rate topped 10 percent this month.

I'd say re-enlist but request to be stationed in San Diego. Then we can tear up this town! (I'll split the Wal-Marts and Targets up with you so we won't trample on each others' territory ;) )

Meanwhile, maybe you can further specialize with more training while you're in the Navy. They certainly have a lot of resources and classes available here - SD is one of the largest US Navy bases in the country. And heck: we also have that huge new luxury complex for the enlisted here. Nice!

bobafrett
03-01-2009, 07:22 PM
It's going quite swimmingly. I've got decision time coming up though on whether to reenlist or to get out.

Don't they offer a nice raise/bonus if you decide to stay on?

I know my brother spent the last two years of his service with the Army in Hawaii. He decided not to return, and kept getting calls and mail afterwards asking him to return.

Slicker
03-01-2009, 09:23 PM
The economy's terrible and California's jobless rate topped 10 percent this month.That's the exact thing that I keep thinking of too.

I'd say re-enlist but request to be stationed in San Diego. Then we can tear up this town! (I'll split the Wal-Marts and Targets up with you so we won't trample on each others' territory ;) )I don't think San Diego's big enough to handle the both of us!!!

Don't they offer a nice raise/bonus if you decide to stay on?

It all depends on your job. My job is over-manned right now so it's only a few thousand. I wish I would've done it in about August of last year. I could've gotten almost twenty thousand for about 4 years more. Now with the economy being carp people see the military as a steady paycheck so we don't have that much of a need to have to retain people since we've got a decent influx of new people.

TeeEye7
03-01-2009, 11:59 PM
You can have my job and I'll retire! :thumbsup:

Tycho
03-02-2009, 01:54 AM
TeeEye: your job's easy - crime scene investigation? It was The Butler who did it. Everyone knows that! :crazed:

TeeEye7
03-02-2009, 02:42 AM
TeeEye: your job's easy - crime scene investigation? It was The Butler who did it. Everyone knows that! :crazed:

Rats! And all this time I thought it was Col. Mustard!

bobafrett
03-02-2009, 07:20 AM
I thought Col. Mustard was nailing Ms. Peacock? (Was there a Ms. Peacock in clue?)

TeeEye7
03-02-2009, 11:01 AM
You are indeed correct, sir.

The characters are:
Mrs. Peacock
Col. Mustard
Mrs. White
Mr. Green
Miss Scarlet
and the one and only Professor Plum

mabudonicus
03-02-2009, 12:08 PM
I am workin on more video and pics. Shortly after the invaders left the Dome I got a call from my mom telling me that my 58 year old uncle had pretty much dropped dead while playing Hockey, so I am gonna be a little bit busy takin care of my 4 remaining family members. I have reviwed all the footage and it is laregely hilarious, I can't wait til the Golden Deuce fins its way onto the internets
Oyes. and RIP Uncle Bill \m/

Tycho
03-02-2009, 03:38 PM
I'm sorry about your loss Mabs. My mother died at 58 as well. That's just too young and in most cases quite unexpected.

mabudonicus
03-03-2009, 12:50 PM
Yeah- not to hijack this but his death was a COMPLETE shock- my Aunt got home from Sunday shopping and there was a succession on answering machine messages going from "we're taking him to the hospital" and ending with "Sorry but he is no longer among the living". The guy was in overall perfect shape and what happened couldn't have been predicted or prevented- the proverbial "bolt from the blue"

ANYWAYS I have posted more video on my youtube channel-dealio. I won't link to it here as the footage got a lot more "blue" after a while. Still MUCH more to come, including the intensely profane and embarassing (yet AWESOME) Golden Deuce award ceremony
And I am not ashamed, I DID almost tear up when I saw the damn thing

Slicker
03-03-2009, 01:01 PM
I'm uploading the Golden Deuce Presentation as we speak