PDA

View Full Version : 3 variations of r3-t7!

hango fett
04-14-2002, 09:33 AM
this is getting to be weird! me and my dad went to out nearest toys "r" us yesterday. they had r3-t7. i looked at the lower half and noticed 2 sets of scratch marcks! we have 2 versions of it. one with no scratches, and one with one set of scratches. now i see this and wonder how many other possibilitys there are...anyone else notice this?

JEDIpartner
04-14-2002, 09:55 AM
I got one early on and another one later and they are both the same. That's really odd...! I don't know what the deal is with all these "variations". It seems pointless and a total waste of money for them to be resetting their machines to do this. Oh, well.

LTBasker
04-14-2002, 10:36 AM
Most likely just one of those factory slips, not really considered a variation unless they're widely produced.

DarthMaulSithLord
04-14-2002, 10:44 AM
I think most or all of the figs are still handpainted so "variations'' like the ones you mentioned are quite common.

:D

hango fett
04-14-2002, 12:38 PM
does this make them any more valubale in the long run?

Unit-01
04-14-2002, 02:45 PM
I doubt that. Look it has one more scratch mark!!! Here I come ebay!

LTBasker
04-14-2002, 10:24 PM
Not really, they're usually only about as valuable as what you paid, maybe a little more if someone is really into stuff like that and wants it. In the longrun alot of times the factory error pieces are just labeled as just there or incomplete depending on what it is.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-14-2002, 11:28 PM
If you want a good example of a variant, look at OOM-9. It was first released with the binoculars imbedded in the bubble and later just in his hand. Stuff like scratches are more likely careless errors and are not really appreciable to be considered valuable.