PDA

View Full Version : 12" Ki-adi-mundi

Unit-01
04-14-2002, 03:31 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1722585275

derek
04-14-2002, 05:29 PM
that's super cool. thanks for the link! now plo koon should be showing up soon!:)

Wolfwood319
04-14-2002, 05:32 PM
I didn't know they had a 12'' Ki in production. I'm liking some of these 12'' AOTC. I'm not a 12'' collector, but I want to get a few of these.

Beast
04-14-2002, 05:37 PM
I know it's an exclusive to somewhere, but I am totally blanking on who is going to be carrying it. I think that it may be Target, because TRU has the Mace Windu. Either way, a pretty nice figure...but I pretty much quit collecting most of the 12" figures myself. I may pick up the 12" Dooku though. Gotta love the bad guy, especially when he's played by Christopher Lee. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
04-14-2002, 07:09 PM
I heard that Ki-Adi Mundi, and 12" Plo Koon, are going to be Fan Club Exclusives. Uh-huh.

I would think that with a 12" Kit Fisto (not rumored, confirmed or anything) that they could put out a wave of 3 Jedi. Kit is sort of promoted for E2 as he's the wildest looking and they put him in Collection 1. ???

For any EU fans, it has been revealed that following Tahl's death (Qui-Gon's Jedi lover who'd been forcibly blinded when she was captured and tortured on Melida-Daan), Mon Calamari lady-Jedi (and friend of Kenobi's) Bant Erin became the apprentice of Kit Fisto. So for those not in the know, crazy and dangerous looking Kit Fisto might've become what he is today with the death of his beloved padawan Bant. Unless we'll see a Mon Calamari woman Jedi in the movie, approximately Obi-Wan's age (34 in Calamari years - whatever that looks like).

Ooops. Bant is 2 years younger. So she'd be 32 in AOTC if she makes a background appearance.

"You can see here the Jedi Lightsaber orbiting the Mon Calamari Padawan. Although the powers of the Force are strong in the padawan, she must first pass the Trials in order to become a full-fledged Knight. Once she is 32 years old, she ought to be by now..." So she may not appear by Kit Fisto in the movie, as she likely graduated probably 6-8 years earlier and now serves as a full-Knight.

evenflow
04-14-2002, 07:38 PM
Very Cool. I am looking forward to him.

derek
04-14-2002, 08:28 PM
do you have to be a fan club member to buy these? i recall the valorum/coruscant guard were fan club exclusives, but i got them at entertainment earth.

Tycho
04-14-2002, 08:34 PM
Who knows? Other sellers will acquire them for resale. But didn't Ent Earth charge an arm-and-a-leg for them?

Eventually Kay-Bee clearanced them for $9 bucks and I got mine as a gift from one of my collecting buddies.

I never had intended to buy that one. I collect almost all the 12", but I didn't like the Coruscant Guard (should have had a feather plume on a 12"!) and I was no big fan of Valorum's. So I'd resigned to save some money on that set (considering I buy multiples of other 12"). Anyway, I got it as a gift, but my buddy got it at KayBee for 9 bucks!

derek
04-14-2002, 10:51 PM
tycho,

i don't recall what i paid for it, it wasn't $9:eek: , but it was cheaper than the fan club's price.:)

what else does hasbro have up their 12 inch sleeves? hopefully pics of zam weisel will start showing up soon. and you know they have to be working on an arena padme. :kiss:

Battle Droid
04-14-2002, 11:19 PM
DAMN exclusives! I can never get the good stuff.

SirSteve
04-14-2002, 11:23 PM
I just posted detailed boxed pictures of this item.

jedibear
04-15-2002, 12:25 AM
Ki Adi Mundi looks to be the best entry so far in the AOTC action collection. It looks like he must be knock-kneed to get him in that box though!
I don't mnd if this ends up at the fan club....as much as we may think he's cool, the average consumer would probably let this one sit (of course it depends how much he does in the new film...if it's aywhere near the screen time that's been rumoured, this guy could end up real hot).
It's interesting that there is no new sculpt of him in the basic figure line (not yet anyway).

I can't wait to see Plo Koon now!

Thanks to SirSteve for the excellent boxed photos....hope the open shots are coming soon...

Beast
04-15-2002, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by jedibear
It's interesting that there is no new sculpt of him in the basic figure line (not yet anyway).
Well, you won't have to wait to long, he's coming later this year. His name has shown up on the list of figures due out in the fall and after. So no worries, there will be a saga version of Ki-Adi-Mundi. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks