PDA

View Full Version : Sooooooo...Did I get screwed out of POTJ?

Man In The Box
04-14-2002, 04:12 PM
Ok I heard that POTJ have been pulled off the selves.

Unfourtiatly I have not been able to get anything POTJ over here in germany, becasue the toy stores on base REFUSE to carry Star Wars because of the episode 1 pegwarmer decible(this may change when episode 2 comes out) and I havent been into the hobby enough since they took the stuff out to order online.

My plan was since I'm oing to visit te states this year, to catch up with all the POTJ goodness I've been missing while I'm over there.

Did I just get screwed over OR are they coming out after April 23 on blue card?

sith_killer_99
04-14-2002, 05:46 PM
Well, do not look for them to be recarded for the new line.

We may all see these hit the way POTF2 stuff hit after EP1, but I doubt it. We have already seen the harder to find waves resurface (R2-Q5 comes to mind).

Plus we have seen the older waves hit clearance at KB Toys (Dagobah Vader).

The truth is it's hard to say for sure. It looks like we may see some stuff for a little while, but that will be it.

I think Hasbro REALLY scaled down production after EP1!

However, all is not gloom and doom. I have seen the later waves (FX-7, Eeth Koth, and BoShek) surface in a few places in the last few days. So stores ARE still getting in the POTJ stuff. Plus, my local TRU still has 2 AT-ST Walkers left, and some Wal-Marts have yet to put out their TIE Bombers and Snowspeeders.

Your best bet may be on-line sales for cheaper older figs.

187-Maul
04-14-2002, 05:54 PM
finally someone german !!! I'm german too although I live in Paris at the moment
why don't you use www.toy-palace.de ? in january there was a euro-clearance for 15% I caught up on many POTJ figures I wanted - at the moment they have the stormtrooper kits (10 pieces=60 euros) ordered mine on thursday and hope to see them tomorrow!

Man In The Box
04-15-2002, 05:28 PM
sorry, aint german, just an American whos been living here for a while. But I well check out that site.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-15-2002, 10:08 PM
Well, Deutchland Deutchland uber alles to you both. :) Not to wander off the thread topic, but my Grandma is German, from Essen.

MITB, try hitting TRU. They had great clearance sales for POTF and EP1 the last two years or so. Tough to find figures like Swimming Jar Jar were found there for $2.

Sean the Hutt
04-15-2002, 10:14 PM
you are pretty much screwed! But you can find a lot of case lots on ebay now and again, or sets of three...or dare I say it ....entertainment earth! yuck...there I said it and I can't take it back!

Rogue II
04-16-2002, 10:32 AM
Some Target stores have put their POTJ figures in the clearance aisle. But their selection isn't all that great.

brentfett
04-16-2002, 12:25 PM
A lot of web sites have POTJ figures for less than retail, certainly no more. Try kebcotoys.com or yestertoys.com.

DarthMaulSithLord
04-16-2002, 12:25 PM
How do you put those "kits" together?

Man In The Box
04-16-2002, 12:46 PM
Yeah I might as well order them oline, cuz when I go to the states is August and they'll probably be completly wiped out from shelves by then.

187-Maul
04-16-2002, 07:00 PM
Darthmaulsithlord, the site says you just got to have a lot of patience - no glue or tools
I wonder why the order is still not there - ordered thursday and now it's tuesday evening (europe) and still no sign of it
I hope it arrives tomorrow...

Sean the Hutt
04-18-2002, 10:02 PM
hold everything....my TRU just put out a crapload of POTJ figures. everything from royal gaurds..to the fx-7 wave. they are all here! but not for long I imagine.

Man In The Box
04-22-2002, 04:37 PM
Yeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssss....still...hope...fo r...the...lazy

darth chuck
04-23-2002, 03:45 PM
I have never found the Bo Shek, R4-M9 wave. I'm afraid now that the AOTC figs are out, that wave will become like the last comtech waves (swimming jar jar, holo R2, etc)

Rogue II
04-23-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by darth chuck
I have never found the Bo Shek, R4-M9 wave. I'm afraid now that the AOTC figs are out, that wave will become like the last comtech waves (swimming jar jar, holo R2, etc)

Anyung-haseo Darth Chuck (or however you spell it, I was in Korea a couple years ago),

I still have yet to see the Bo Shek/R4 wave in stores here. I had to order mine online.

I barely ever see the POTJ wave anymore. I saw few leftovers at Target and Kmart. There are a few still hanging in the software stores in local malls also (Software Etc., Babbages, and Electronics Botique, or whatever). They are going for between $3-5.

Man In The Box
04-23-2002, 05:03 PM
Man AOTC toys didnt come out to our stores today like they were supposed too. :( best be soon yo

sith_killer_99
04-23-2002, 05:34 PM
I found a site that has a BUNCH of POTJ figures for $3.99 each!

www.figuresandtoys.com

Here's a list:

Darth Vader EW
Luke X-Wing
Han Death Star Escape
Ketwol
Duro
Bespin Guard
Sabe
Sebulba
Battle Droid (Boomer Damage)
Darth Maul Sith Apprentice
Chewie Mechanic
Jek Porkins
Leia Bespin
Aurra Sing
Fode and Beed
Qui-Gon (Moisture Farmer)
Han Bespin Capture
Darth Maul Final Duel

That's 18 figures, which would leave about 30 more. Still, that's over 1/3 of the POTJ collection at $3.99 each, not too bad.
Hope this helps.