PDA

View Full Version : Is this line...

BobaFett
04-14-2002, 06:02 PM
Is this figure line worth collecting, this is probably the only series in Star Wars which I don't have a single figure. Could some tell me some of the really good ones and why they are good.

187-Maul
04-14-2002, 06:28 PM
I don't have many but here's what I would buy if (from ones I have/can describe) I were you:

Sandtrooper - great sculp, cool weathering, good articulation (not as good as CT stormie though), cool accesories (binocular)

Chewbacca mechanic - great sculp, proper height

Battle Droid Security - cool pose, good painting

Boba Fett 300th Edition - GREAT likeness, good articulation, cool pose

EU figs/Qui-Gon, Darth Maul, Obi-wan - except cold wheater obi (don't have that one) - just look cool

sith_killer_99
04-14-2002, 07:40 PM
And DARTH VADER (DAGOBAH SPIRIT)

Don't forget Darth Vader (Dagobah Spirit)

Oh, and did I mention, Darth Vader (Dagobah Spirit)

Sorry, I got a little carried away.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-14-2002, 07:47 PM
Well, there are also a few never-before-made figures, such as:

Shmi Skywalker
K-P30
Plo Koon
Aurra Sing
Ketwol

But other cool ones are:
300th Fett
Han Bespin Capture
Imperial Officer
Biker Scout
Bespin Guard
Dagobah Vader

Some lesser ones:
Anakin Mechanic
Chewie Dejarik
Boss Nass
Luke X-Wing

It's better than most of the E1 line in quality, but maybe not as good as POTF2 in variety (obviously, since POTF2 started first).

Wolfwood319
04-14-2002, 08:19 PM
Hell, most of the POTJ figs were above and beyond anything previously offered. There were som stinkers, but most were very much the best SW figs ever.

Goodies include;

Duro
Amanaman
Luke w/ Bacta Chamber
R2-Q5
Tessek
Boss Nass
Queen Theed Invasion
Plo Koon
Sebulba
Emperor's Wrath Vader
Bespin Security Guard

90% of the line I like.

sith_killer_99
04-14-2002, 10:22 PM
And Darth Vader (Dagobah Spirit)!

Mandalorian Candidat
04-14-2002, 11:33 PM
IMO POTJ was the worst line in so far. The figures in the beginning were just horrible, but I will admit that it got better as it went along. This is what I would get and I'm basing my choices on if the figure was previously sculpted or if it is a really good sculpt:

BoShek
R4-M9
Teebo
Zutton
Eeth Koth
FX-7
Queen Amidala Royal Decoy
Imperial Officer
Rebel Trooper
K-3PO
R2-Q5
IG-88
Duros (Ellors Madak)
Bespin Sec. Guard
Sebulba
DV Dagobah
Han Solo (Bespin Capture)
Biker Scout
Sandtrooper
Aurra Sing
Plo Koon
Saesee Tiin
Qui-Gon Jedi Armor
OB1 Jedi Armor
OB1 Cold Weather Gear
Boba Fett 300 (wouldn't that be a cool name for a NASCAR race?)
Security Battle Droid
Lando

The first nine are the last of the line and probably the hardest to find. A bunch of the earlier ones will also be harder to find, but hunt around. KB may have some of them on clearance.

Turbowars
04-28-2002, 06:21 PM
If you were to only buy one figure from the POTJ line, then you must pick up a FX-7. Best POTJ figure hands down!

Turbowars
04-28-2002, 06:23 PM
Did I mention FX-7:)Check this photo out!

fourtwo
04-28-2002, 06:31 PM
i'd like to get me an fx-7 one day.
stupid hasbro and its stupid "lets not give canadians an fx-7 even though we gave them the luke bacta tank set"
grr
stupids.

Starfig873
04-29-2002, 12:44 PM
Really the whole line was just wonderful. The first four sucked (Anakin mechanic, Maul rehash, Chocobi-Wan, R2 w/wheels)

But my personal fav:

Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath) Just awesome looking. And the glowing skull is a nice touch.

Obi-Don
05-06-2002, 01:24 AM
I liked the line and yes there were some that wasn't very good. I always look at the line or the new line coming out and deside for myself, and buy what I like. I'm not one who has to have the whole line. I buy what I like because its my collection and I'm the only one I have to please. So,check it out and see for yourself. You are the one you are trying to please.

Taichi
05-06-2002, 02:52 PM
There were very few in the line that I didn't want....

some of my favorites are:

Coruscant Guard
DV Dagobah
DV Emperor's Wrath
Eeth Koth
Ellors Madak
Imperial Officer
K-3PO
Mas Amedda
Plo Koon
Amidala Decoy
Theed Amidala
R4-M9
R2-Q5
Saesee Tiin
Shmi Skywalker
Gungan Soldier
Mon Calimari Officer

Figurestasher
05-08-2002, 12:44 AM
Sell all your EP1 and buy POTJ instead. That's what I did and I have no regrets. If you really like your EP1 then at least buy the POTJ figs these guys listed on their posts.

QLD
05-08-2002, 03:20 AM
Buy them all.

mark2d2
05-08-2002, 08:20 AM
It's hard to answer your question without knowing your taste . . . but here goes.

Everybody is right about FX-7. Hands down the best Star Wars Figure EVER!!! The execution on this guy is truly amazing. They not only went all out, they went well above and beyond that. There is nothing about this figure I would possible change. Nothing! He is totally perfect in every way. (Aside from his steadfast refusal to get a Canadian Work Visa . . .)

Other Real Stand Outs . . .

Ellors Madak (The Duro!) Great pose. Cool lustre on the jumpsuit.
Boshek. Dead on movie likeness. Awesome helmet.
R2-Q5 What poor Artoo would be if he secumbed to the Dark Side. . .
R4-M9 Very nifty. Like the other three, never before done.
Zutton. Ugly. Very Ugly. But Cool. Gotta love the Cantina Glass . . .

There are so many more I could name. Several of your other Forum members posted very good lists in the replies above mine. All are excellent lists. And would be great starting points to an amazing POTJ collection.

eliwankenobi
05-08-2002, 05:27 PM
IMO, this line is by far the best Hasbro's done yet. My personal faves are:

Sandtrooper
FX-7
Scout Trooper (clean)
EW Vader
BE Leia
Bacta Luke
Sabe
K-3PO
Tantive Rebel
BoShek
R4-M9

Most of these (with the exception of the Stormies and Vader) are still easily found in my area. Good hunting...