PDA

View Full Version : Across the Stars Video April 16th?

Megs 2
04-14-2002, 08:58 PM
Does anyone know what time the Across the Stars video will be on MTV & VH1? I didn't see anything on there websites. Thanks.

Lord Tenebrous
04-14-2002, 09:27 PM
TFN is doing a Media Watch, with plenty of different items. The time has not been listed, but when somebody finds out, I'm sure it will be listed there:

http://www.theforce.net/mediawatch/

steve3p0
04-14-2002, 11:00 PM
i think the video will air during mtv's total request live.

as best i remember, that's what they did with duel of the fates.

i can't believe i'm going to be watching mtv.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-15-2002, 12:52 AM
Have any of you guys listened to the track yet? I downloaded it from the link that SSG posted a couple of weeks ago out of great curiosity. Honestly I couldn't stand it. It sounded really hokey and totally un-Star Wars like. It sounded like a cross between the themes for Home Alone and Hook, which JW also composed.

The opening theme also sounded exactly like that from EP1 (after the opening scrawl music of course) for several bars. I'll hold off listening to the rest until the movie comes out because I don't want to be really disappointed if the rest of the soundtrack is not up to par.

Lord Tenebrous
04-15-2002, 01:03 AM
I like the entire soundtrack, and, honestly, I'm liking the softer, more "romantic" tracks over the action-based tracks.

Except the Arena. That track kicks. :cool:

Jedi_Rainman
04-15-2002, 01:05 AM
Yeah...I downloaded the whole cd, but I am still buying the 4 real cds. I am gonna just leave them sealed.

Battle Droid
04-16-2002, 03:37 PM
MTV.com doesn't mention it anywhere, and I'm watching TRL right now and it doesn't seem to be on it at least.

Maybe they changed it to the 23rd?

Jedikmg
04-16-2002, 03:47 PM
USA Today said that it would premier today a few weeks ago i think. I've been reading the thread on the TFN forums and so far MTV hasn't mentioned anything about it.

Battle Droid
04-16-2002, 03:49 PM
Maybe USA Today was wrong, or they've changed the release date?

Jedikmg
04-16-2002, 03:50 PM
They were probably wrong... i'd think it would premier same day as toys come out.(DOTF came out same day as toys May 3rd) So maybe next tuesday.

Battle Droid
04-16-2002, 03:53 PM
Damn! Oh well..

Lord Tenebrous
04-16-2002, 05:22 PM
In a story TFN reported earlier from the USA Today, the "Across the Stars" music video, with new dialogue and scenes, is set to debut today on MTV and VH1. We'll keep you posted as soon as we hear anything further.

Update: We've been in touch with the USA Today and the story they posted on the music video premiering today was a "tentative" date. They've mentioned a release date of Friday, but that is also tentative. The saga continues ...

I'd hope that there would be a download on the main site, since most probably won't find out the time/date until it's already aired.

2-1B
04-17-2002, 12:56 AM
Here's hoping to Friday!

I put a tape in before I left today and let it tape MTv all afternoon/evening. Oh well, at least I was prepared. :D

JEDIpartner
04-17-2002, 10:42 AM
I'll watch ET tonight to see if they have any additional word on the full premiere of the video.