PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for Episode III

Bosskman
04-14-2002, 09:42 PM
Just for something to do, I'm gonna make a list of stuff I think might be possible to see in Episode III, then I'm gonna print it out and seal it up until the movie comes out and then see what, if anything I got right. Here goes:

The Death Star: I think, with the DS stuff in AOTC, that we could see the DS in its early phases of construction, a lot less completed than the DS2 in ROTJ.

Tarkin: There's word from Lucasfilm about a new villain for the third movie and this could very well be Tarkin. The guy was bossing Vader around in ANH, we have got to see why.

Mon Calamari and Sullustans: It's clear from ROTJ that these two types of aliens are prominent members in the alliance but we don't see any of them in TPM and there's no indication they'll be in AOTC. I hope they're in Ep III just to show some continuity with the OT. (I'd LOVE it if they had Akbar as Tarkins servant like in the EU stories)

Jabba and Boba Fett hunting Jedi: I'd love to see these two pooling their resources to hunt down the Jedi for Palpy. It's almost certain we'll see Fett doing this (he'll be sixteen so he's old enough) and I hope Jabba at least makes a brief appearance, maybe dispatching a new cool bounty hunter who gets killed trying to get Obi Wan or maybe by Fett. This would also be a good time for cameos by more of Jabba's cronies like Bib, Ephant Mon, and AMANAMAN. I'd love to see him in action but that will never happen. The other bounty hunters from ESB would also make nice cameos, esp IG-88 and BOSSK.

Alderaan: I'd bet my ^%$@# that we see Alderaan in the next movie. We're definately gonna see more of Bail Organa, hell be like Mace was in TPM in AOTC but he'll have a larger role in the next one. It would also add to Alderaan's destruction in ANH if we got to see how beautiful it was.

Mon Mothma: We gotta see her as a senator or something. I'm sure there will at least be a hint of the rebellion to come.

Krayt Dragon: I don't know how but if George can work one into the plot I'd love it.

Sttuf I would prefer NOT to see:

Han Solo et. al. : I think that Han, Chewie and the Falcon should be completely left out of the prequels. It would just be ridiculous to incorporate them in ANY way into them. They should be left to the OT.

Naboo: I think we've seen enough of Naboo. It's a pretty cool planet but I think that we need new ones. It's been in two movies now and that's enough. I'd say the same for Coruscant except I want to see it as the Center of the Empire. And Tatooine wil be in it FOR SURE. I can feel it.

Finally, my pick for the title would be REVENGE OF THE SITH. This would mirror RETURN OF THE JEDI, and, since "revenge" was something deemed inappropriate for Jedi's title, and Jedi in general, it is something that would suit the Sith perfectly. Hell, Maul even says in TPM "At last we will have revenge". I don't know, it's just a hunch I have.

Eternal Padawan
04-15-2002, 08:24 AM
I never thought of the REVENGE thing before. Good Idea, Bosskman.

I definitely want to see Alderaan in Episode III. How can George let those magnificent MCQuarrie paintings go to waste? :(

The Ackbar scene would be a nice touch. I think Rick Mc said neither Tarkin nor Mothma would be in the third film. But he might be a durty liar, too. So we'll see.

chewie
04-15-2002, 10:05 AM
I hope we see very little, if any, of Tatooine. Its already been in 4 out of the 5 movies, and its supposed to be one of the most distant planets from the republic (yeah right). I guess the one small scene that George filmed for Tatooine while shooting epII will be in it, but I hope thats it.

BanthaPoodoo
04-15-2002, 10:19 AM
Exactly Chewie, we will only see ONE shot on Tatooine in SWIII. I have this from a very good source, George Lucas.

In fact he says as much in the making of SWEII on the official site.

He said while he was in Tunisia, he was getting a shot for EIII. They asked him why & he said it is too expensive and pretty pointless to show up in the next few years with all the crew, all the actors, etc just to get one shot.

But what that shot could be? It would have to be Obi hiding Luke from Vader, thats the only thing I can think of that would be happening on Tatooine in this film.

Bosskman
04-15-2002, 01:26 PM
We have to see interaction between Obi Wan and Owen in EIII. I agree it would be enough for Obi Wan to give Luke to Owen and Beru, and then have Owen call him crazy before he takes off into the Jundland Wastes. They should show Dagobah too, I'm fairly sure that's where the twins are born. (There's something familiar about this place). If they show Jabba, I hope he's either on Nal Hutta or in a spaceship. It would be cool I think for Jabba to have a ship that's small enuff to warrant it being made into a toy. One the size of the Falcon would be fine. Even if he's only a hologram, Jabba HAS GOT TO BE IN THIS MOVIE! Corellia would be cool to see as would KDY, and the Academy.

Battle Droid
04-16-2002, 03:17 AM
AOTC SPOILER BELOW: (in case there's need for a Spoiler warning)

Mon Calamari and Sullustans: It's clear from ROTJ that these two types of aliens are prominent members in the alliance but we don't see any of them in TPM and there's no indication they'll be in AOTC.

Sullustans are actually in AOTC, they're listed under the species list in the AOTC databank on the official site. :)

End of Spoiler:

gibbyhayes
04-16-2002, 08:43 PM
Bosskman - I've read early versions of EPIII (albeit unreliable) that imply the Millenium Falcon (sans Han & Chewie) has a cameo late in the movie. I can be more specific if you want...

RooJay
04-18-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
I think Rick Mc said neither Tarkin nor Mothma would be in the third film. But he might be a durty liar, too. So we'll see.

I think I might've said this before, but McCallum also said we wouldn't see Yoda fight in AOTC either, which we now know not to be true (Aww YEAH!).

bigbarada
04-18-2002, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by chewie
I hope we see very little, if any, of Tatooine. Its already been in 4 out of the 5 movies, and its supposed to be one of the most distant planets from the republic (yeah right). I guess the one small scene that George filmed for Tatooine while shooting epII will be in it, but I hope thats it.

The way I understand it, GL filmed that scene because dragging the entire crew to Tunisia just to shoot one scene that will last, at most, a few minutes would be insane. Thus we can assume that Tatooine will play a minimal role in Ep3.

Interesting note on that point, Assuming a drastic rewrite doesn't take place and that scene isn't cut, ESB will be the only film in the entire saga to not show Tatooine in some capacity.

Dryanta
04-19-2002, 11:40 AM
I agree wholeheartedly with Booskman on the Tarkin,Mon Mothma, and Alderaan ideas.
Everthing else I part with him on.Han and Chewie NEED to be seen.They are major players like it or not.
Boba Fett and any other stupid bounty hunters don't belong in the prequels at all.I find the whole Jango,Boba,clone thing ridiculous.Han and Chewie need to be seen period.Same with Tarkin ,Mon Mothma and Ackbar.Scream like a girl Fett is a no one in the Ot and he gets a major history in the prequels!!Oh please.The whole anti-hero badass bounty hunter thing was really old for me before it started.IMHO

Eternal Padawan
04-19-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada

Interesting note on that point, Assuming a drastic rewrite doesn't take place and that scene isn't cut, ESB will be the only film in the entire saga to not show Tatooine in some capacity.

For the Archival Editions, Vader has his communication with Ozzel, Piett from the surface of Tatooine. He's at the Lars Homestead searching for clues to this mysterious "Skywalker" who destroyed the Death Star.;)

Eternal Padawan
04-19-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by gibbyhayes
Bosskman - I've read early versions of EPIII (albeit unreliable) that imply the Millenium Falcon (sans Han & Chewie) has a cameo late in the movie. I can be more specific if you want...

I would like more specifics! I wouldn't want to see Han and Chewie (why would we?) but seeing the Falcon would be kind of cool.

bigbarada
04-19-2002, 03:31 PM
I can pretty much guarantee with 99.9% accuracy that Han, Chewie, Ackbar and Tarkin will not be in Ep3. Mothma I'm not too sure about. Not saying I don't like those characters; I just don't see as they have anything to do.

Even though Han and Chewie are two of my favorite characters, I really don't want to see them in Ep3. The Falcon showing up would be cool, though.

RooJay
04-19-2002, 04:55 PM
Does anyone honestly think it would be cool to see a 10-12 year old Han Solo in Ep. 3? How many people hated the idea of having a 10 year old Anakin in Ep.1?

Dryanta
04-19-2002, 05:12 PM
I would very much like to see Han and Chewie.Not together mind you,just very simple basic seperate cameos.That's all.I think it's a much better idea than a child Boba Fett:rolleyes:
Anikin as a child was needed to tell the his story.
All I'm saying is if R2, 3PO,Jabba the Hut,Boba fett(give me a break) are in the prequels than Han and Chewie should be as well.I agree with Big B they really have nothing to do but if the others are going to show up then they SHOULD TOO.
Tarkin on the other hand should be a major player somehow.He didn't get where he was over night and I would like to see some of that shown and explained. I'm keeping myself under control here because I really despise Boba Fett and cannot for the life of me understand why anyone thinks him or any other 2 second wonder scum bag bounty hunter deserves a place in the sequels but Han and Chewie don't???:mad: :mad: :mad:

Bosskman
04-19-2002, 07:31 PM
I love Han and Chewie. That pic of them from the 77 IS Star Wars for me. My dog's name is Chewie! I just think it would do absolutely nothing for the story OR the characters if they were in the preqels. The Classic trilogy needs some things to call its own and nothing says OT like Han, Chewie and the Falcon.

Dryanta: I sympathise with you, I can only imagine how horrible it would be for me if aurra sing was given as large a role in the preqels as Boba Fett. If you hate him half as much as I hate that pastly, gangly, mutated mutant then you must be in agony. But, once the all six movies are watched in order, Fett will seem as a prequel character with cameos in the last 3 movies (unlike Jabba who seems to be given his major chunk in ROTJ, unless a miracle happens and he's big in EIII) From the looks of it, Fett's role will be expanded a bit more in EIII. That's just the way it is.

Dryanta
04-19-2002, 07:58 PM
I agree with you on your points I really do.I had always in my mind thought that maybe there was historical connection between Anikin and Chewie because of the scene in the carbon freeze chamber where Vader lowers scream like a girl Fett's blaster.
Chewie having been a Imperial slave and all.The C3PO connection was a disapointment I will probably never get over.
I know I need to except the Boba Fett thing but I will never like it one bit.I realize ever since his enclusion in ANH SE and added scenes in ROTJ SE GL was trying to appeal to Fetts fan base.
Of all the Iconic characters in Star Wars Han and Chewie would rank right up there with the best of them where Boba Fett would never be seen in the same light by the general public.Han and Chewie would add absolutely nothing to the story line,
in fact they would probably screw it up if they had any kind of "part"at all. All I would ask for is just a couple simple back ground scenes where they are there and everyone is covertly made aware of who they are.Think of it as paying a quick homage to two characters that helped make Star wars what it is.:) :)

Wooooof
04-19-2002, 09:04 PM
I can buy that, short cameos that people will only recognize if they are looking for it. I would even go so far as to say having one of the main characters catch a dark-haired 10-year-old trying to pick their pockets. Kind of like the Elian Sleezbagano scene in Ep2. As long as it is not overdone.

I talk to people who grew up with Star Wars; but are not really fans, they just have a favorable impression of the movie. I don't go out and interview them mind you; but when it becomes known around work that I am a huge SW fan, it's bound to pop-up in everyday conversation. Whenever I ask some of them who their favorite character is I always hear the obvious: Han, Chewie, Vader, Maul, Jar Jar, Wicket. However, when I bring up the name Boba Fett all I hear is, "Who?"

What I really want to see though, after Ep3 is done is something along the line of "The Young Han Solo Chronicles." Now that would be cool, and much more interesting than 90% of the crap the Sci-Fi channels churns out (except for Farscape).

Bosskman
04-20-2002, 09:13 AM
I guess cameos would not be THAT bad, that pickpocket idea mightactually work for Han. As for Chewie, maybe he could be in some sort of prison shot or something. If there's gonna be interaction at all with main characters, it should be either with Anakin or Padme, NOT OBI WAN. It would be really crappy if either of these two run into Obi-Wan, however breifly only to be obviously complete strangers in ANH. That would bring the "small Galaxy" thing way too far. Still, if Han were to get a beating by Anakin for trying to pick his pocket, I would not complain, the whole child abuse thing would harkin back to the Ewok movies........

jjreason
04-28-2002, 10:31 PM
Hi all. My feelings on this are in line with a couple of previous posts. There's no need to show specific characters like Han and Chewie IF they don't have plot relevance. As this prequel trilogy progresses, it would make sense to see more and more things LIKE those from the OT: Tyderium-like shuttles, Falcon like cruisers, stormtroopers, etc. Consider it completing the circle. HOWEVER seeing specific things, like the Falcon itself, would seem to me to be needless UNLESS it's relevent to the plot. Im sure the people working on epIII love the OT. They would have to. I can see them wanting to immortalize the origin and beginning of every beloved person, place and thing by getting it "in the movie". What we need is a concise story - they're going to have a lot to cover. We don't need a million origin tangents to keep us from seeing how Obi Wan and Anakin face off, and how Anakin falls from grace. That's what needs to take precedence. I hope everyone enjoys the show!!

Rocket X
05-01-2002, 12:54 PM
Title: 'Dawn of the Empire'
Time: 3-4 years after AOTC
What we will see: Vader vs. Obi-Wan; Padame's Death or close to it; Tarkin and a secret weapon to control the galaxy (Death Star) The twins being taken away.
Please dont show us: Young Han, Tatooine again.
What I hope they show, but GL will not: Anakin as Vader a la black costume.
Now as for all the loose ends and inconsitancies, I have a theroy-is Anakin/Vader a clone? It would explain why he knows nothing like the droids, leia, or tatooine (or does he avoid Tatooine because of Obi-wan, the only father he ever knew) Anakin dies in the fight with Obi-Wan and Palpy clones him off of what is left or Anakin was the original 'test' clone? This clone thing is major to this story and Lucas likes big twists. Be ready

Darth Ovori
05-01-2002, 08:28 PM
The Royal guards in action as has trained lightsaber users to aid Vader in destroying the Jedi's...

Ki-Adi death!!! please kill him, I've had enough of his stupid one-liners and that screwed up Santa look!!!

Evoluation of early Tie fighters...

The annihilator droid that was meant to be used for E2...

Maybe an early visit to HOth... ???

RooJay
05-02-2002, 03:48 AM
:rolleyes: :zzz:

CaptainSolo1138
05-03-2002, 01:19 AM
My turn to throw in two cents:) I think having the Falcon in E3 would be awesome. That to me would be at least as good as any Han or Chewie cameo. Who do YOU think of when you see the Falcon? As long as it's not Nien Nunb, you get my point. It'd be a less obvious Han/Chewie cameo. My predictions for E3:
*A barely-begun Death Star
*Jar-Jar will play a role (dying perhaps?) in saving saving Luke and/or Leia. How else (so far) has he been tied into the OT?
*NO CLONED DARTH MAUL!!! Although the movie has not been written and rumors are just that, I would be pretty disgusted with Mr. Lucas for trying to beat the proverbial dead horse (no pun intended).
*Mace Windu survives. If Yoda's on Dagobah and Obi-Wan is looking after Luke, who's changing Leia's diapers? SHAFT!
*Natalie Portman looking better than ever!;)

Grif
05-04-2002, 09:26 AM
I hope that we see the early stages of the Death Star. And I would love to see an Imperial Shuttle pop up.

Darth Nihilus
05-04-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Rocket X
Title: 'Dawn of the Empire'
Time: 3-4 years after AOTC
What we will see: Padame's Death or close to it;

That would create another plot hole. In RotJ Leia intimates that she has some vague memories of her mother, so Leia must have been a toddler before Padme dies. It's bad enough that Darth Vader can't even realise when his own force-harbouring daughter is standing right underneath his nose.

There is no reason why can't have Millenium Falcon cameo, however with Lando at the helm. It would work better as Lando is not familiar with Obi-Wan, the Jedi or any other crossover personalities.

RooJay
05-05-2002, 04:52 PM
Perhaps Leia wasn't strong enough in the Force, or at least developed enough in it for that to have made much difference. Perhaps an individual's signature in the Force doesn't imply that person's lineage. Vader would've known that she was Force sensitive, but would've had no indication that she was his daughter. Perhaps it was revealed to him through the Force (a vision perhaps) that Luke was his son, which would explain how he knew that. He only found out Leia was his daughter when Luke started to show concern for her, and what would happen to her if he failed during his final duel. Vader simply "read" the information from Luke's mind as he was trying to suppress his thoughts of her; which, by the way, if I remember correctly was exactly how Vader discovered that information in the novelization (it's been a while since I've read it). It just always seemed to make sense that way to me. As I've stated in other forums (and I've even used this particular instance as part of my argument) the only way for people to get around some of these PERCEIVED inconsistancies (which, if you subscribe to that particular school of thought, you have to admit are rampant THROUGHOUT the Saga; even between the original film and ESB!) is to either ignore them, or try to understand how they CAN work within the context of the story as a whole. Just like in the real world, things are NEVER cut and dry; things are almost NEVER either/ or, but instead more like either/ or/ and also.

For the record nihilus, Lando should be about 8-10 years old during Ep. 3. An 8 year old Lando piloting the Millenium Falcon would probably be about as cool as an 8 year old Anakin being a Podrace Pilot and taking out the droid control ship in a Naboo Starfighter in the final battle of Ep. 1.

RooJay
05-05-2002, 04:56 PM
By the way, I'm pretty sure Padme will die sometime between Ep. 3 and 4, and that the reason she dies will probably never be known to us. I just don't see it as being terribly important to the story. She dies, as people tend to do, and that's all.

chris
05-08-2002, 05:37 PM
A Millenium Falcon would be cool, but I don't think seeing Lando would work.

tagmac
05-12-2002, 05:04 PM
In my opinion, Chewbacca SHOULD appear as a wookie slave. I thought of showing a young Han Solo rescuing him, but I guess Solo would still be too young in the timeline. But considering he is supposed to be 200 years old, he desrves some sort of role in Ep. III.

As for Leia, I don't think she and Padme are with Anakin - they would be on Alderaan with Bail Organa. The birth taking place on Dagobah is an interesting idea, seeing as how it is the one place Vader/The Emperor could not sense the presence of a Jedi, especially one as powerful as Yoda.

One major plot point no one has touched on is the Volcano Battle between Anakin and Obi-Wan - which had better take place in the middle of the movie so we at least get to see Vader for more than 10 seconds.

Eternal Padawan
05-13-2002, 01:49 AM
One major plot point no one has touched on is the Volcano Battle between Anakin and Obi-Wan - which had better take place in the middle of the movie so we at least get to see Vader for more than 10 seconds.

A few of us have brought it up. Here's a prediction... (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=35236#post35236)

With a few minor changes of course. New information has surfaced which would change certain aspects of the plot.

Syo Dyas (who was assumed to be Sidious/Palpatine in disguise) was changed to Sifo-Dyas, a legitimate Jedi Master who died. The connection is still there, but altered a bit.

Palpatine declaring himself Emperor with the help of Binks. Much if this aspect of the story actually happens in Episode II, so some tweaking is in order.

Yaddle in the temple, protecting the Younglings. Obviously not...

Palpatines reasoning for the Jedi Purge. Certain aspects of Episode II make this much more plausible. The Jedi "ordered" the clones and are now suspicious of the senate thanks to Dooku's comments. Easy enough to turn on them now.

And then, of course there's the 'Red Herring' issue, the "New Villain" issue and other SPOILERS that have been brought up at Celebration II.

And that doesn't even include revisions we've made since then, but for the most part...

bigbarada
05-13-2002, 01:55 AM
I highly doubt Chebacca will be in Ep3. He has no reason to be there. Ep3 has enough to do, with Anakin's turn to the dark side and his battle with Obi-Wan and putting on the Vader suit and "armageddon," etc; without having to worry about showing origins of characters that should stay in the OT.

Jedi Clint
05-13-2002, 12:47 PM
I'll offer up a couple of predictions:

I don't think Anakin will have been with Padme for several months prior to the films open. I don't think Obi Wan and Anakin will have been together for an even greater amount of time before E3 takes place.

Padme and Anakin also offer us a prediction for E3 while discussing their forbidden love in AOTC. If they keep their love a secret, it will destroy them.

The Jedi can't afford to get rid of Anakin with the clone wars starting at the end of E2, even though he has some serious issues (that and they probably don't want to let the chosen one out of their sight). Padme will not readily leave the affairs of Naboo to another Senator unless the safety of her children is an issue. Once she becomes pregnant, their secret is in danger of being revealed. She can only hide that for soo long. Somewhere between Anakin and Palpatine being considered a danger to the as yet unborn Luke and Leia and their conception, Anakin will have to show himself to be lost to the dark side. Pamde can't be more than a few months pregnant when 3 opens, and I bet she hasn't seen Anakin for at least a couple of months. Near the open of the film, she will find Kenobi and "confess" her secrets and express her concern for Anakin's dark state of being. When Kenobi seeks out Anakin to bring him back from this dark place a monster is born.

Sith Lord 0498
05-13-2002, 02:45 PM
Sorry, but I can't see that happening. First, Anakin can't know about the children. Otherwise, hiding them is useless. And Vader didn't know about Leia until Luke's thoughts betrayed that secret during their final duel. Also, to have the movie start out with Anakin being evil is far too rushed. Viewers are going to see Anakin happily marrying Padme and then the next time they see him, he'll be over to the dark side.

Where's the change coming from???

That's something that will be critical for the audience to see. I don't see Anakin turning until 40 minutes to an hour into Episode III. That leaves another 90 minutes or so to see the change, Obi-Wan and Anakin dueling, the emergence of Darth Vader, and the escape of Yoda, Obi-Wan, and the pregnant Padme. She might know she's pregnant but not be showing it yet.

Then, the film can advance several months, showing the Jedi purge, the establishment of the Empire, and ultimately the birth of the Skywalker twins with the final shot being Obi-Wan walking off into the desert.

Jedi Clint
05-13-2002, 02:58 PM
Where did I say Vader knew about the kids? Their marriage is anything but "happy". It is secret, it is forbidden, it is going to destroy them. That doesn't mean they don't love each other, but it does mean that the union is less than perfect. So it is too quick for Anakin to have traveled down the dark path for 2-4 years as opposed to a couple of days of time onscreen for him to do the same thing? He has traveled down the dark path ever since his mother died and he slaughtered the Raiders. As for when he turns to the dark side and becomes Vader. I believe that happens AFTER his duel with Kenobi.

Eternal Padawan
05-13-2002, 03:40 PM
Perhaps Anakin knows Padme is pregnant but is led to believe she dies (and therefore the child is dead, too). Anakin might be happy at the end of AOTC, but we also see his first steps towards the dark side in AOTC (Tusken Camps and whatnot). he fully turns after his confrontation with Kenobi, yes, but Palpatine has been laying the groundwork for years.

Sith Lord 0498
05-13-2002, 04:31 PM
Once she becomes pregnant, their secret is in danger of being revealed.

Just the way I read that part of your post, JediClint, it sounded as though you were suggesting Anakin knew. I read "their secret" to be referring to her pregnancy.

As for what I referred to about Anakin's turn, I meant that it would be rushed if Episode III immediately opened with Anakin already far down the dark path. I do believe he should be heading further down that road, but the audience should still see some of the "good Anakin" in the opening and then show his descent into evil. But to have it in between films would be cheating us out of seeing what other major events push him over the edge.

Jedi Clint
05-13-2002, 05:20 PM
I understand. Thanks for clarifying.

Sith Lord 0498
05-13-2002, 07:07 PM
Yeah, I guess I shouldn't try replying to these posts after I wake up from a nap taken in the middle of cramming for 5 final exams. :stupid: :crazed:

dr_evazan22
05-13-2002, 07:57 PM
I don't know that I would call Anankin's turn to Vader as a "descent into evil".
I think that, possibly, the JC figure out that Palps is the Sith Lord Sidious that Dooku speaks of.

The JC knows that the clones were began/ordered around the time of TPM, they confirm that a Sith is leading the Republic. The JC put 2 + 2 together and realize that Palps has brought the Clone War about from both sides.

The JC therefore have to oppose the Republic/PAlps. This happens while the Clone Wars are still going on. This also turns the general populace against the Jedi.

The Jedi (Obi-Wan) try to convince Ani about all this. Ani doesn't believe it (Palps is the only person who has been honest w/ Ani, telling him the truth ["You are/will be the most powerful Jedi"], the Jedi and Obi have been holding Ani back {not letting him take the Trials, taking him from his mother, then keeping him from saving her}). It's also possible that at some point in E3 that Ani beleives that Padme is killed as a result of the Clone Wars.

I think that this is how Ani feels betrayed by the Jedi.

I remembered this after I posted: From the Maxim article, on the Jimmy Smits page, it says that Jimmy plays Padme's adopted uncles father. I don't know if that has been posted yet.

So, I read this as Jimmy/Bail has a son, named Bail... who then is Leia's uncle/father.

Does that make sense?

Dryanta
05-13-2002, 08:20 PM
Hey guys,
I have to add a couple ideas.Sorry.I don't want Han or Chewie have speaking parts at all.There is no place for them.
Just a couple shots put seperately in the movie.Like in the background Chewie dislocating some ones(things) arms for losing.Just a po'ed wookie in the back ground.But we'd know it was him.No pick pocket scene for Han.How about again main characters walking by the Falcon in the background and an adult(woman?) pulling a small boy by the hand that is intent in staring in awe at the ship.Little black vest?Are these things to much of an homage to two charaters that helped Star Wars become what it is?Sorry guys I really want some sign of recognition to Han and Chewie.
We've got Ben ,Anakin,Yoda,3PO R2,Jabba the Hut,Palpatine,Scream like a girl Fett,and i'm sure others will show up sooner or later.Why not just an insignificant two seconds each?For old times sake?Come on guys,there has to be a tinge of nostalgia in these ideas?

Jedi Clint
05-13-2002, 08:27 PM
Man I read that (Padme's adopted uncles father) several times and the only thing that came of it was a sick feeling that Padme is lucky not to have gills and flippers :p Can we get source for that info? I agree with most of the rest of what you posted, except I think that the Jedi remain loyal to the Republic, but not to the Empire. It is my assertion that the Empire = the Republic and the Confederacy reunited under Mr. Popular Palpatine. The few remaining Jedi that rise up against him will be easily dispatched and the ones that go into hiding will be marked and hunted to virtual extinction.

Sith Lord 0498,

I feel obligated to encourage you to remain dedicated to your studies........then again what type of institution would schedule finals around the opening of a SW movie!?!?!? Just Kidding :)

dr_evazan22
05-13-2002, 09:08 PM
Here's a scan of all the text from the Smits page. Look towards the bottom for the question and answer.

Sith Lord 0498
05-13-2002, 09:19 PM
Jedi Clint--

Actually, my last final is Wednesday from 2-4 pm. Well that just didn't work b/c I won't get out of my dorm until 4:30 and then an hour and a half back home and unpacking. It'll be 6:30 or 7 pm by the time I get to the theater, and I want to be there early to enjoy the gathering crowds.

So naturally, I had to see my professor and tell her why I needed to take my final three hours before everyone else!!!

Good thing I sucked up to her all semester. Guess who's gonna be home in time to be at his local Cinemark nice and early to make Wednesday a truly unforgettable evening in "a galaxy far, far away..."??!!! :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Jedi Clint
05-13-2002, 09:20 PM
Thanks Dr. E.
It doesn't sound like Smits knows his arse from a hole in the ground, but what's new ;)

Well done SL0498 :D

Eternal Padawan
05-13-2002, 09:44 PM
I think Jimmy was exaggerating his character's complicated relationship with Natalie's character and George having to explain it to both of them. Bail Organa is the adopted father of Padme's daughter Leia.

Jedi Clint
05-14-2002, 01:42 AM
Dryanta,

Found this and thought about you :)

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?storyID=16146

RooJay
05-14-2002, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by Dryanta
Hey guys,
I have to add a couple ideas.Sorry.I don't want Han or Chewie have speaking parts at all.There is no place for them.
Just a couple shots put seperately in the movie.Like in the background Chewie dislocating some ones(things) arms for losing.Just a po'ed wookie in the back ground.But we'd know it was him.No pick pocket scene for Han.How about again main characters walking by the Falcon in the background and an adult(woman?) pulling a small boy by the hand that is intent in staring in awe at the ship.Little black vest?Are these things to much of an homage to two charaters that helped Star Wars become what it is?Sorry guys I really want some sign of recognition to Han and Chewie.
I have to admit, even though I don't think we need to see Han in the prequels, if it's going to happen I'd LOVE to see it go down like this!:happy: A bad little, dark haired, vest wearing kid being dragged along in the background by his frustrated mother while he ogles the Corellian YT-1300, daydreaming of someday owning one! We wouldn't even have to hear his name. HELL, he wouldn't have to even be in focus! We'd all get the idea, and it'd be perfectly unobtrusive. I'm getting all tingly inside just imagining it!:crazed:

RooJay
05-14-2002, 03:58 AM
I think Jimmy was exaggerating his character's complicated relationship with Natalie's character and George having to explain it to both of them. Bail Organa is the adopted father of Padme's daughter Leia.
That's exactly what I thought while I was reading that interview! He's just pokin' a little fun at some of the convoluted familial relations in the saga!

RooJay
05-14-2002, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Clint
Dryanta,

Found this and thought about you :)

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?storyID=16146
To anyone reading too much into that article I'd like to point out that we know for a fact this isn't so. A new Han Solo figure will be released about the same time we see the new Chewbacca figure, and we know for a fact that Hasbro is planning on making a LOT more figures of OT characters. While I'm sure we'll probably be seeing more Chewie figures, I honestly don't think they'll be prequel related (at least that Hasbro knows of at this point). Mr. Mayhew probably just misunderstood what he'd been told by Hasbro.;)

Dryanta
05-14-2002, 06:40 AM
thanks for that Jedi Clint.I agree.There,we wouldn't have to have some cheesy,blatent "Han Solo!!Will you come on" dialog.Just enough to be aware it was him.Same with Chewie.Just a small back ground snippet to acknowledge him.Oh well.I guess we'll see sooner or later.
I'm sure someone will start a new thread about this but I thought it would fit well here.I just watched an interview with Ewan McGregor.He said there would be a "Massive,MASSIVE light saber battle between him and Anakin at the end of Ep 3"
I don't know about the meaning of "end of" but I thought I'd pass it on anyway

bigbarada
05-14-2002, 12:44 PM
Y'know from a certain point of view Chewbacca has already done three cameos in EP1. The actual Chewbacca suit was touched up to add age and filmed three times for the Wookie Senator Pod. Not the same, I know.

I like the idea of nameless cameos for both Han and Chewie; but think that adding them both to the same movie is a little too much. But you're idea for Han is a great one, Dryanta. I remember seeing a poll on SW.com asking fans which OT character they'd want to see doing a cameo in the upcoming films (this was about a year ago) and Chewbacca won by a landslide if I remember correctly. So hopefully if George felt inclined to add Boba to ANH to please the fans, then he will feel the same way about Chewie.

"Aaaaaaaaah! It's the Death Star! Aaaaaah! Alderaan's gone!"
Boy, isn't George just the master of onscreen dialogue?:D:D

Dryanta
05-14-2002, 12:48 PM
I really do agree with you BigB.Both in one film is too much.I would have really liked to see chewie in two and Han in three.Just because of the time frame issue.If I had to choose between the two.I'd still say just stick Chewie in the back ground some how where we would all know it was him.
Especialy since that EU pinhead saw fit to Kill him off.That's one idiot I'd like to meet some day.

bigbarada
05-14-2002, 12:59 PM
Isn't his name R.A. Salvatore? I agree, that was a totally pointless publicity stunt to get attention to his book. If he wanted to off a useless character why not kill Luke? Luke is about as useful right now as Obi-Wan would've been watching the Battle of Yavin.

Eternal Padawan
05-14-2002, 07:22 PM
R.A Salvatore was told to kill Chewbacca by Lucas Licensing. After he got the writing assignment they called him back and said 'by the way, you have to kill Chewie." I think the way he did it led to some of the best storytelling in the NJO books, if not the whole Sw saga. I really liked the confrontation between Han and Anakin after it happened. ''You left him!" I'm tellin' ya I had a lump in my throat for both the characters. Books usually don't do that to me. At Celebration 2 he said he killed Chewie that way because there wasn't anyone Han could specifically blame and seek revenge against. So it created this internal struggle for Han that was really cool for the other writers to explore.

Dryanta
05-14-2002, 07:25 PM
Thanks for that EP.
I don't get into the Eu at all.So I still think it really stinks;)
Guess your point is I'd like to meet more than just the author?lol
:)

Eternal Padawan
05-15-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
...why not kill Luke? Luke is about as useful right now as Obi-Wan would've been watching the Battle of Yavin.

I think they should get rid of ALL the classic characters by the end of the series. Han, Leia, Luke, Lando... FSSHT. Gone.

Eternal Padawan
05-15-2002, 09:04 PM
Whoa! Did we get off topic? Predictions for Episode III....

I think the duel with Anakin and Kenobi will mirror the fight between Vader and Luke in ESB. Vader offers Luke the galaxy and Luke refuses by stepping off into the chasm (or slipping and screaming like a girly man in the SE, but whatever...). I think Kenobi will offer Anakin redemption in much the same way, and Ani will refuse and step into a chasm of molten steel/lava.

I also think the final shot will be BEN KENOBI wandering into the dual Tatooine Sunsets with the force theme swelling. What an iconic end to the saga...

darthvader92
05-15-2002, 09:32 PM
So,when will Anankin turn in EP3? And when will we see Vadar?I hope it is not at the end.

Toad
05-16-2002, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by darthvader92
So,when will Anankin turn in EP3? And when will we see Vadar?I hope it is not at the end.

LOL, that's what I hope happens EXACTLY! I want to see Anakin turn, I want to see him lured, I want to know that he's headed toward the darkside. But then I want him to only become Vader after the fight with Obi-Wan AT THE END. Then the Jedi take Padme and the twins and go into hiding, because they were "protected from the emperor", not from Darth Vader. The problem here is, doesn't Obi-Wan have to know? He knows that Anakin turns evil, and that Vader is a "master of evil".

Hmmm...

RooJay
05-16-2002, 03:46 PM
I also tend to think that it'll be kind of important for the audience to see Hayden go into the suit since it's Sebastian Shaw we see come out. I think it'll be necessary to tie the two actors together so the new comers and future generations will be less confused when the mask comes off at the end of the Saga. Now I'm not saying he should definitely be in full Vader armor, but maybe a costume very similar, and I think he'll definitely be christened Dath Vader during the movie; that really should and would be the money shot for that particular chapter of the story. But that's just me; what do I know?

Eternal Padawan
05-16-2002, 11:51 PM
It's not enough that he tells Luke he's Anakin and that "that name no longer has any meaning for him?" The audience isn't that dense.

"Hey. He said he was Anakin, but he looks nothing like Hayden...what's going on here?!?!" :confused:

RooJay
05-17-2002, 03:30 AM
No, it's not enough. Yes, they are that dense.

I know lots of people who enjoy the movies who are not huge Star Wars fans that to this day still do not know that Ep. 1 takes place before the OT.

I also don't understand what is behind this insistance a lot in these forums seem to have that we won't see Anakin become Darth Vader. That is kind of the point of the prequels; to see how Anakin becomes Darth Vader. That, maybe not in so many words, but certainly implied, from Lucas' mouth himself. Everyone wants to see Anakin become Vader. Most people really expect to see this happen on screen. When Episode 3 premieres will I be the only person not surprised to see Anakin become Darth Vader on screen? I feel confident that I can almost GUARANTEE that. No other way makes sense. You are all entitled to your opinions on the subject, and I respect that, but I will be here three years form now to say "I told you so". Everybody please feel free to believe what you'd like, but really...trust me.;)

Toad
05-17-2002, 12:27 PM
The biggest shocker in the entire series is that Anakin is alive and well in Vader's costume when he reveals to Luke that he is his father.

There is no way we'll just see him in the costume, prancing around as Darth Vader for the whole galaxy to see. Something will have to happen to shroud it in secrecy.

Anakin will become Vader, at the very end of the movie.

Jedi Clint
05-17-2002, 12:37 PM
No one else's opinion makes sense? I don't seem to understand the insistance that we MUST see Anakin actually physically become Darth Vader! I've read the same things you have, and I don't see ANY reason that he has to show it.

RooJay
05-17-2002, 03:06 PM
Read my last post again. I never said anywhere that everyone MUST believe as I do. I just stated that you will all end up wrong when Episode 3 opens in 3 years.

Jedi Clint
05-17-2002, 03:33 PM
Thanks for offering everyone your guess. It seems like you will be dissappointed if it doesn't play out like you want. I think I will keep my mind open to both outcomes.

darthvader92
05-17-2002, 06:49 PM
Remember Obi Wan knows that Vader is Anakin.So,We will have to see Anakin go into the suit.Plus I think George knows everybody wants to see Anakin go into the suit.I hope it doesn't happen at the end of Ep3.Maybe George will make this one 3 hours.because of some much more information to tell.Whatever transpires we all know Ep3 will be very dark.

Lord Vader

Bel-Cam Jos
05-17-2002, 06:53 PM
The last couple years, I thought Anakin would be shown being placed into the Vader suit right as the film ends. I now don't think that'll happen. I think Vader will get about 10 minutes of screen time.

Predictions?
Obi-Wan (as a general) will lead clones into battle versus... versus... who is the Republic actually fighting again?

Bail Organa will get R2 and Threepio.

Mace will die a la Qui-Gon: unexplectedly and unceremoniously.

Palpatine will crown himself Emperor of the Republic, keeping the Senate intact.

Dagobah will be revealed to be Naboo.

Boba Fett won't show up in the armor, but one of the adult clones of Jango might.

Anakin might fight Dooku, for Sidious' #2.

RooJay
05-17-2002, 08:48 PM
Rick McCallum has stated that Hayden WILL be donning Vader's helmet in Ep. 3. Sir Steve even posted this bit of info himself in another thread.

Jedi Clint
05-17-2002, 09:34 PM
Where is that report at? I heard we would see peices of Vader's armor on several different characters. That sounds like a ploy to keep his ID ambiguous to me.

die-jarjar-die
05-17-2002, 10:23 PM
Theres a lot of comments going around in this forum about Boba Fett "teaming up with Vader" & killing alot of Jedi, Mace Windu included!

I have one problem with that scenario! He is only going to be 12 years old!!!!!!!!! Episode 3 is due to take place 2 years after AOTC!!!

I, for one, do ont want to see a mini Fett running, or jetpacking around killing Jedi! Boba Fett has had his screen time....We've finally discovered his origins & now know how he got that battered helmet with the dent in it & all the flecks of silver paint on his battered green helm......

& as for a cameo from Han & Chewie? Hmmmm....IMO a cameo by Han is not needed but possibly Chewie.....it would be great to see him gracing our screens again but if it is not to be then what the heck! I wont be losing any sleep over it!

As for Anakin becoming Darth Vader by the end of the film? well thats almost set in stone isnt it? Whether we see him in full costume is another point all together......In the ROTJ novel Obi Wan describes the "final confrontation" between himself & Anakin, now I know that the EU is not cannon anymore with the movies but Ben does state that when the fight commences he (Anakin) is still Anakin Skywalker & upon defeat & falling into the lava pit he emerges as Darth Vader.....I think that you don't necessarily have to see Vader in full suit to see Vader on screen. We have had 2 sith lords now in 2 new films..were any of them wearing a suit of armour? No!

I think it would be cool to see a gradual appearance of the costume..in AOTC we see Anakin in dark jedi robes..apparantly unusual in colour from other jedi robes. Perhaps in EP3 we will see further costume changes as Anakins fall continues. For one the mechanical hand would need to be covered, perhaps an appearance by more of the leather costume? But also wasn't there a report that stated that GL had asked James Earl Jones to be on stand by to record "several lines of dialogue" for the culmination of the movie?

That would infer that we will see a fully costume clad Darth Vader at the end of the movie but as we know all things are subject to change!

I also do not think that Padme will be killed in Ep3, perhaps it will be suggested that she has died, a rumour purported by Palpatine in a final attempt to sway Anakin to his side? My reasoning for this being Luke & Leia's conversation about their mother in ROTJ. Luke states that he "has no memory of his mother", this already having been revealed in ROTJ as the twins were seperated & hidden at birth. Leia replies that she has memories of her mother, but that she died whilst Leia was very young. Now the general opinion is that we may see the twins being born & hidden but no mention that we will see them as young children. I think that we will see Padme being escorted to Alderaan & becoming Bail Organas spouse..........

dr_evazan22
05-18-2002, 12:08 AM
I think it would be cool if Obi believes that Ani is dead after falling into the molten pit. Then, later on, Obi and the JC hear about a new Sith Lord assassinating Jedi.

As they investigate further, the JC discover that Vader is actually Ani.

Bel-Cam Jos- I think that by the time Obi is a General for Bail, that the Rebellion will have already started (maybe not in open warfare, but in the planning and organizing).

I am going to assume that the Republic wins the Clone War and that the Trade Fed and IBC (and other business' that throw in w/ Seperatists) are nationalized, giving Palps direct control over the military-industrial complex.

I'm interested to see what, if any, changes will be made to the Clone Troopers. I say this b/c the CT's are sooo much cooler than the Stormies (in terms of battle field prowess, individual thought, accuracy).

Maybe the reason the Stormies seem less skilled (I can't think of another word) is b/c they are clones of Boba. This would assume that stormies ARE clones, that, because new genetic matierial is needed on a fairly regular basis, there may be some genetic drift from JAngo to Boba to stormies.

Just thinking out loud here (proverbially). What do ya think?

RooJay
05-20-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by die-jarjar-die
I think that we will see Padme being escorted to Alderaan & becoming Bail Organas spouse..........
I was with ya right up until that last line. Just because he adopted her daughter doesn't mean they'll become an item. It's just not very Lucas-like.
Well...I wasn't completely with you all along; I think it's entirely feasible that Boba Fett could be a teenages Jedi hunter. Of course, anyone's opinion on that matter would depend on whether or not you like the guy. I for one think it'd be pretty cool.

DarthBrandon
05-21-2002, 12:09 AM
Um hum, predictions for Episode III lets see:

Mace dies, Palpatine takes over, Anakin becomes Vader, Empire begins, Tarkin introduced, Many Jedi die, Padme is pregnant, Possible twins are born, Many new worlds are shown ie (ALD), Death Star is under construction, Boba making good on his new contracts, Yoda kicks more but then gets his but kicked, Rebellion uprising will start, More clones, More deception, Jar Jar DIES, All and all many bad things will happen with no real happy ending.

scruffziller
05-24-2002, 11:31 PM
I agree completely with Bosskman, and he paints a picture that is making ne have withdrawls, I CAN"T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3 more grueling years of waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!! Showing Chewie as a slave doesn't bother me a bit, putting references in the movie that we know DID happen for sure is great. We should not see Han at all because he doesn't meet Chewie until he is an Imperial officer. He will be too young.

Super BattleFisto
05-25-2002, 12:24 PM
If Vadder appears in E3 I think it would have to be someone other than Hayden in the costume. There's just too big a difference between his skinny frame and David Prowses pro weightlifter physique.

Darth Stroker
05-25-2002, 08:11 PM
If Vadder appears in E3 I think it would have to be someone other than Hayden in the costume. There's just too big a difference between his skinny frame and David Prowses pro weightlifter physique.

not to offend you in anyway, but ever hear of padding?? i mean.. if robin williams can have boobs, hayden christiansan can have a bigger physique...

RooJay
05-26-2002, 04:24 AM
As anyone who's read my previous posts would know, I am fairly certain that Vader will appear in Episode 3, and that we'll all see that it's Hayden going into the suit. I'd even go on record saying that I KNOW it'll happen! :happy: However, I'm not so sure it'll be the EXACT same suit we see Vader wear in the OT, or at least that it won't LOOK exactly the same. I see more of an interim suit for at least MOST of his time as Vader in Ep. 3 as a strong possibility. We'll hear him called Vader, and the suit will certainly be recognizable as Vader, but it may not be the exact thing. I'd say in that way, Hayden WILL fit Vader's physique; at least at that point in his transformation. If we see him get sealed up, and the face mask goes on, well then...certainly it'll be someone else in the suit by that point.

dlbags
06-02-2002, 03:21 AM
Let me preface this by saying I am not a net junkie nor have I read other theories, I wrote this up, so I'm sure others have thought of it- or some variation so bear with me and give me your thoughts on my ideas.

I was bored so I wrote up my theories on Episode III.

Ten years will pass again. He's not going to suddenly break time continuity for the 3. The first trilogy kept with a four or five year pace.
Anakin will be a Jedi KNIGHT not a padawan. Remember it's stated that Luke's father was in fact a full on Jedi.
Anakin will be a pilot in the wars and Obi Wan a field general in the Clone Wars, when the movie starts it would be a past tense ergo picking up after they have been fighting.
The marriage will still be a SECRET. This one is a no brainer, I don't understand why people think that they will just be married while Anakin continues as a Jedi. Think about it people. Jedi don't get married.
Tarkin will be introduced into the story- personally, I think Gary Oldman or Malchevich would be perfect.

This part is my conjecture and personal theories...

The movie starts by there being some sort of truce to be called. While this is happening it is leaked to the Jedi Counsel that Anakin and Padme are secretly married, a hearing is held. Obi Wan does not come to his aid and he feels betrayed by the Jedi and Obi Wan- starting his turn to the dark side. He is outcast from the order.
As this happens Palpitine takes the power from the senate declares himself Emperor and forms an Imperial senate, blames the Clone Wars on the Jedi- as Yoda did put them in use. The army Palpitine promised was not officially supposed to be clones until Yoda showed up with them. The Jedi are exiled, and officially to be put under arrest, but they run. The Emperor declares them enemies of the state. .
Anakin's anger consumes him further as he and Padme split because she decides to aid the Jedi- the ones that turned on them while he is a Jedi outcast. They separate and unbeknownst to both of them his she is pregnant.
The Emperor uses this to seduce Anakin to the dark side a Black helmeted figure appears- Darth Vader, to hunt the Jedi down and "bring them to justice". He is aided by Bobba Fett. BUT no one knows that Anakin is Vader hence the helmet and why Vader tracks them so easily and starts executing them.
The sides are made for the purging.
Anakin secretly as Vader as well as Fett are hunting down and slaughtering the Jedi saving the big ones for last.
The Jedi realize Padme is pregnant so Yoda and Obi Wan go to Degobah, a place with a cave strong with the dark side as not to be detected by the Sith. Obi Wan is sent to find Anakin and alert him as to his wife's pregnancy while Windu tires to save the remaining Jedi.
Windu and Bobba Fett duel, Fett wins.
Obi Wan's tracking of the missing Anakin leads him to a place where Vader is seen, Obi Wan gets worried as he feels Vader is going to kill Anakin, but to Obi Wan’s dismay, Vader takes off his mask revealing his true identity. Long dialogue ensues- smartly Obi Wan does not reveal the pregnancy- later this haunts him as he feels that might have brought him back, but Obi Wan has now lost all faith in Anakin.
A duel of epic proportions ensues- a long one. During it Ankin reveals that Dooku used Qui-Gon to find him as he would be the chosen one to bring balance to the force. Vader/Anakin gets knocked into magma. Obi Wan takes his lightsaber and leaves immediately. In a scene Qui-Gon confronts in spirit form Obi-Wan, explaining how he was used by Dooku and how sorry he is. Obi-Wan and this point is unforgiving, and essentially losing it, He states he's through with it all vowing to never forgive Qui-Gon nor be a Jedi anymore.
He goes back to Degobah.
Meanwhile Vader's suit partially saves him, he goes into hiding to heal and gets a new suit- one he ironically must wear to live now, not as a disguise.
By this time all the Jedi are said to be dead, and the Emperor believes Kenobi to have just lost his will to fight, and believes Yoda dead as he can no longer sense his presence.

On Degobah Obi Wan returns distraught, Yoda calms him and tells him how it's most important to save the twins- they are the only hope for the galaxy. He then goes on about the prophecy and how they didn't interpret it right and how it's not entirely Qui-Gon's fault as he and Windu suddenly appear. A discussion takes place on the prophecy and Jedi Lore and Obi Wan now understands why Anakin was born, that it's the Force's way of testing the Jedi- one they failed. They come to the conclusion how the Jedi were complacent and let the corruption go unchecked and they must now start anew and not make the same mistakes again and that now the twins are the new hope for the future of the Jedi, and that if the twins succeed then the Force will once again return to the Galaxy. Qui-Gon is never mentioned in the trilogy because he would merely lead to more confusing questions for Luke. They decide that unlike Anakin, Luke should not be revealed of his power or importance, as it may be too large a burden or corrupt him as it did his father. He will be told on a need to know basis- which is why Kenobi and Yoda never tell him the full truth.

At this point Dooku is gloating with the Emperor of their "victory" when the conversation turns to who shall lead. Dooku now reveals he shall as the separatists have signed a treaty, be the Emperor, Dooku reveals he has been using the Emperor, not the other way around and that Vader is dead; as he was watching it and also was well aware that Qui-Gon was to find the chosen one.
Then Maul appears, here's where it's revealed that he was Sido Dias, placed the order for the clones. and a clone was used to fool the Emperor into thinking Maul was his apprentice. They weren't "tattoos" but a disguise as the real Sido Dias is merely a bald man.
The Emperor starts to laugh. He then reveals that it was in fact he that was using them, then Vader reappears, breathing, with different voice, different helmet, and most importantly MORE POWERFUL THAN EVER. The near death and non-stop betrayal have made him more angry and obviously more powerful. Vader/Anakin has now decided they all must die.
Vader after a long battle mops up the place with Maul and Tyrannous and then turns to Palpitine to finish it. Palpitine laughs. He then reveals how Dooku was the real cause of it all, and Maul betrayed him and was sent to find him and protect him from the currupt Jedi and that he knew Anakin was the chosen one and that Jinn was working with Dooku- which is a lie. He then spins how they together can bring peace to the galaxy and how Tarkin is overseeing the construction of the Death Star that will ultimately bring peace to the galaxy (which is why Vader tries to get Luke to join him for the same purpose). Vader is finally seduced, he is now a Sith lord, and he kneels before Palpitine. Balance has been restored to the force- two Sith, two Jedi.
The ending of the movie will show the enslaving of non-humanoids like Wookies, the forming of the Galactic Imperial Senate while a Rebel Alliance is formed. The army is made while a order is passed to never clone again, the dark times begin, recruiting for the Empire and general state of the galaxy is shown. Since Dooku's alliances were non human, he uses that to make humans the superior and "only" real citizens in the Empire.
The twins are born- that's why Luke says the place is like something out of a dream in 'Empire'. An incident happens and they realize they cannot raise the children on a planet like this. They realize that Luke is very strong with the force and Leia has nearly none, they decide to send Padme and Leia to Alderon where Bail Organna- who's wife has had a miscarriage and dies, so he hides Padme and merely reveals Leia to be his daughter that survived so no one suspects. The droids accompany and have their memories erased to protect them all, CP-3O is given a new skin too. Padme sinks deep into depression and commits suicide- which is why Leia just remembers her as being sad and Luke has no recollection.
Kenobi takes Luke to Tattoine calling himself Ben and not revealing himself as a Jedi nor wanting to use any powers as the Emperor would sense it. He brings the baby to the Lars and tells them Anakin was a pilot and died in the wars that he was merely a friend named Ben Kenobi and that Luke has no relatives. Owen doesn't like the idea as he wasn't fond of Anakin, his attitude nor the Jedi- which is why Kenobi decides it best for them to raise him. Owen resists, but Beru falls in love with the toddler as she cannot ber children herself and Owen concedes. Ben Moves to the wilderness and is known as merely a "wizard" in those parts as the Jedi are extinct. Obi Wan knows the time will come when Luke will be ready.
The movie ends with scenes of the twins as kids growing up, and scenes of Tarkin overseeing the construction of the Death Star, the Emperor with Vader at his side address in a crowd while they cheer, another scene of the Rebel Alliance forming with Bail and co writing a declaration to be given to the senate and emperor, one of Obi Wan in the desert watching the three suns set with Qui-Gon's spirit and the very last scene is of Yoda on Degobah looking concerned as if he is monitoring the universe with clairvoyance and looks up at a spirit form Windu, they exchange worried glances and the credits roll.

Well, that's how I'd do it.

Bosskman
06-02-2002, 05:58 PM
Robin William's boobs are real.

Tonysmo
06-04-2002, 03:12 PM
I like the twist for using the suit as a disguise. It would be cool to see him don a semi close version, something he constructed himself to wear to conceal his identity to the Jedi while wiping them out.. however, from the now 3 completely different versions I've had the pleasure of reading ( true awesomeness ) I feel Rollo's compilation of every ones thoughts has been the one to make the most sense. The script that's posted to another website seems as if it was written before EP II ever came out.

What would I like to see? Chewie would be cool, even as a slave. It would just be cool.. he didn't get a medal at the end of starwars, let him cameo in EPIII. Han would be a stretch, but the though of the earlier post as him being frozen at the site of the falcon would be cool. of course neither having to do anything with the story lines for the movie.

I would like to see Anikan sporting a piece of the Vader suit. At least his arm. Its gone, and it has to be replaced with something mechanical, why would it not be a cool black glove/sleeve?

I would like to see some of the other bounty hunters as well.. If they are going to hunting Jedi in this movie, I feel it only appropriate to include the staples like IG-88, Bossk and Dengar. If they want to throw in some new ones, sure.. go ahead. It would be cool to see IG-88 in action...

Having Jabba in the flick would also be cool. Once again, pure fan based wants here, as I don't see any relation to the story with him.

How about this.. Lucas introduces the DVD that has 100 hours of extra footage giving in-depth candid interviews with all the characters in all the films.. ( ok, I've now gone to far )

I'd seriously like to take a second to thank you all for the kick*** posts, as I will have this to keep me plenty busy for the next three ( sniff ) years.. The thoughts from all of you are just to awesome as they keep me thinking, and anticipating more...

now if I could only use the force to reach my Dasani..

scruffziller
06-25-2002, 05:35 PM
Now I wonder, did Smits quote that right, it should be your adopted husband or your daughter's adopted father. If that was an actual quote from GL and he didn't mess up himself, I wonder if that is some info leakage:rolleyes: . Your"adopted uncle's father" who would that be? SPOILER SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!:crazed:

Laserbrain
06-25-2002, 07:27 PM
"Robin William's boobs are real."

It's the chest and back hair that's fake. Something about suffering for one's art.....