PDA

View Full Version : The vast, untapped resource of the expanded universe

RooJay
04-14-2002, 10:36 PM
I LOVE the expanded universe, and would LOVE to see more expanded universe figures! While I don't see it happening anytime soon (what with this being a movie year), I think Hasbro is seriously neglecting one area of the EU that is just begging for the figure treatment...THE NEW JEDI ORDER! Think about it: Both collectors and kids alike seem to love buying both Jedi figures AND cool looking aliens (historically the most popular category of Star Wars figures), and this series is full of potential where this is concerned! The series is also full of action...a prime ingredient in ACTION figures if I'm not mistaken! Here's a list of just some of the I want to see:

Corran Horn in Jedi Robes
Corran Horn vs. Shedao Shai 2-pack
Shedao Shai
Jedi Master Luke Skywalker
Luke in Jedi Armor
Mara Jade Skywalker
Mara in Kuati Noblewoman Disguise
Warmaster Tsavong Lah
Yuuzhan Vong Pilot (w/ Corralskipper)
NJO Han Solo (...and a black repainted Falcon!)
Droma
Harrar, Yuuzhan Vong Priest
Preistess Elan w/ Vergere
Shaper Adept Nen Yim
Jacen Solo in Jedi Robes
Jacen Solo in Garqi Raid Armor
Jaina Solo in Jedi Robes
Jaina Solo in Rogue Squadron Flightsuit
Anakin Solo in Jedi Robes
Anain Solo in Garqi Raid Armor
Anakin Solo as Yuuzhan Vong prisoner
Col. Gavin Darklighter
Vua Rapuung, Yuuzhan Vong Shamed One
Danni Quee, Yuuzhan Vong prisoner
Danni Quee, Jedi initiate
Jedi Master Kyp Durron
Kyp Durron in Flighsuit
Wurth Skidder in Jedi Robes
Daeshara'cor in Jedi Robes
Jedi Master Cilghal
Jedi Master Kam Solusar
Yuuzhan Vong Thrall (with that cool sounding organic, calcified coral full-body armor!)
Nom Anor, Yuuzhan Vong Executor
Col. Jagged Fel (and a Chiss Clawcraft for him to fly!)
Chiss Fighter Ace
...and lots, LOTS more!

I think a line extension based on this series could keep the line going for YEARS to come! What do you guys think? Let's hear your choices! On a side note, I'd also like to see a Rogue Squadron spin-off line and a Jedi Academy Line, not to mention a lot more figures based on the other novels (Heir to the Empire in particular) and video games!

Lord Tenebrous
04-14-2002, 10:55 PM
I consider the lack of EU figures a victory. Hasbro should keep their work focused on the movies, which provide plenty of reference material, rather than ticking off fans with "inaccurate" versions of EU characters and ships.

Maybe one or two figures a year at most, but I wouldn't be buying them.

JEDIpartner
04-15-2002, 08:56 AM
If any EU figures are to be made... I think they should do the bulk of them after all the movies are completed. That way, it will allow Hasbro to continue the line beyond the films. I think at that point it will become more of the "collector's market" than it is right now.

InsaneJediGirl
04-15-2002, 11:19 AM
I love the Expanded Universe as well,but wouldnt want to see anything done right now.Maybe in the middle of 2003 with a EU line,NJO or Tales of the Jedi would be great.

RooJay
04-15-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
If any EU figures are to be made... I think they should do the bulk of them after all the movies are completed. That way, it will allow Hasbro to continue the line beyond the films. I think at that point it will become more of the "collector's market" than it is right now.

Naturally most of them would be made after the movies are finished, although I think the three years between Ep. 2 and 3 would be a great time for some of these items to see release, as has been Hasbro's policy in the past. My intention here was to discuss what collectors would like to see after everything from the films is made. I also believe that these characters would be a hit with kids as well as collectors.

Hellboy
04-15-2002, 04:30 PM
bring em on in 2004

Wolfwood319
04-15-2002, 04:37 PM
Not an EU fan personally, and seeing how they looked back in the POTF2 days, I wouldn't be interested in any. Without strong visual references, its hard to make the figure look right.

I'm all for EU figure, later on down the line, and as long as they don't replace movie figures.

Sith Vicious
04-15-2002, 06:08 PM
I like the EU stuff, but they should probably limit it to the most popular stuff, or stuff that would appeal to anyone. I'd like to see:

Talon Karrde
Noghri
Yuuzhan Vong Warrior
Kyp Durron
Solo kids (NJO versions)
Corran Horn
Whistler
E-Wing
TIE Defender

I think Jedi/aliens/and droids would pretty much appeal to anyone. I bought plenty of SW figures as a kid I couldn't remember from the movies. Even people that don't like EU might pick up a green (Whistler) R2 unit or use Kyp as a generic background Jedi. The one I listed that is probably only appealing to collectors is Karrde. The ships are probably somewhat marginal also, but I'd love to see 3.3/4 versions of these. Heck, I'd settle for getting the action fleet versions reissued.

BoShek
04-15-2002, 06:28 PM
I would like them to make one from time to time. Ever few waves could have a EU major character in it.

First would have to be Guri from "Shadows of the Empire." Male collectors would, pardon the pun, gobble her up.

Sith Lord 0498
04-15-2002, 06:49 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing some of the classic trilogy characters set in the NJO era (Luke, Leia, Han, etc. etc.). As a matter of fact, Hasbro should do a New Jedi Order line during the lull between AOTC and Episode III. Vong warriors would probably be really cool to see.

Another nice line would be from the Dark Horse comics and stories set in the Old Republic. I would love to see figures like Exar Kun, Freedon Nadd, Nomi Sunrider, and Ulic Qel-Droma.

Darth Evil
04-16-2002, 01:32 PM
I'd love to see a new EU line, I really want Corran Horn Jedi Knight, Pellaeon (to stand beside my Thrawn) and all the Dark Lords of the Sith (Exar Kun, Ulic Qel-Droma, Darth Bane, etc.). They could put Expanded Universe on the card in the place of the movie title.