PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my DVD!

RooJay
04-14-2002, 10:45 PM
I'm hoping somebody on here can help me with this: I have tried watching my Phantom Menace DVD with the commentary, but it doesn't seem to be working right. The commentary of some of the contributors doesn't seem to work. There will be times during the commentary that a particular commentator's name will appear on the screen indicating that I should be hearing them talk, but I am only able to hear the muted sounds of the film itself until the next commentators' name appears on screen. It is usually the same people (can't remember right now which people), although it seems that occasionally I might be able to hear a certain commentator at one point, and not at another. Anyone else having this kind of trouble? Anyone know what the problem might be? PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP!:eek: :frus:

187-Maul
04-15-2002, 05:52 AM
it works fine on my DVD
maybe you got a bad copy?

Pendo
04-15-2002, 01:07 PM
Not heard of this problem before. Are you selecting the commentary from the Languages section or are you trying to select it while playing the movie?

PENDO!

Beast
04-15-2002, 01:11 PM
The different people on the commentary come from different speakers areas if you have surround sound. Are you using a Y-adaptor to connect it to a non stereo audio in jack? Or are you just plugging one of the wires in and leaving the other not connected? I haven't heard of this problem at all, maybe one of your TV speakers is blown out. You may wanna take the disc to a friends house and try it out there.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RooJay
04-15-2002, 04:31 PM
Thanks to JarJarBinks! I think you've found my solution! Makes sense too since I'm a total idiot when it comes to eletronics!:D