PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question About Backgrounds

Jedi_Rainman
04-14-2002, 11:02 PM
How many as of right now actually had a background image?

I heard the first 14 only, but then I here rumors.

LTBasker
04-14-2002, 11:07 PM
The first 14 are so far the only "official" background ones, but on ebay I've seen a background and a no background version of the Geonosian Warrior but I haven't seen background versions of the other 4 figs from that wave. I'll try to grab some pics if I can.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-14-2002, 11:09 PM
So are the background figures with a picture other than the swirling blue, white, and brown backing on the card?

Jedi_Rainman
04-14-2002, 11:09 PM
Cool Thanks

Jedi_Rainman
04-14-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
So are the background figures with a picture other than the swirling blue, white, and brown backing on the card?

Yeah, contains a BG scene from landscapes from the movie.

Battle Droid
04-14-2002, 11:11 PM
My,

Kit Fisto, Padme Amidala, a C-3PO were all backgroundless.

IcebergSlim
04-15-2002, 08:09 AM
I have 11 figures, all without backgrounds

LTBasker
04-15-2002, 11:11 AM
All collection 1 wave 1 figures plus Plo Koon, Battle Droid, Boba Fett and possibly one other figure from C2 W1 has been found without backgrounds, not sure of the other figure though, I thin it was Shaak Ti, but those haven't really been found in large quantitys. So far it seems all the figures past the first 14 figures excluding the Geonosian Warrior will not have any background variations.

I've attached a pic below of the Warrior with a background.

LTBasker
04-15-2002, 11:21 AM
Found a picture of Dexter with a background in it. Attached below.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-15-2002, 11:21 AM
Sorry, I may be a little out of it but what's up with the background on the packages? Are some being ship with and some without or are they just prototype packages that were scrapped by Hasbro? Just curious for a little more info.

LTBasker
04-15-2002, 11:32 AM
It hasn't been really said what the deal is. One of my guesses was it was just a little feature they had planned for initial release figures but since we know at 19-22 figure will be there and only 16 of those (Geonosian #15, Dexter #16) will have backgrounds then that's quite confusing cause originally it seemed like the only ones planned were the 14 which were just about always pictured with backgrounds except for Plo Koon and the Battle Droid which you could find very early with no background but since people started finding figures at Wal-Mart the earlier cases of Collection 1 stuff have no backgrounds. My guess is they were released before they had a chance to have the backgrounds put in but why Collection 2 Wave 1 haven't all been found without backgrounds in the same quantity as Collection 1 is very weird.