PDA

View Full Version : Pegwarmer B-Wings?

ACPin
09-02-2001, 09:53 PM
Just wondering if these will likely go on sale soon. In the past few weeks that I've gone to several Targets, there's always at least a couple in each store (6 at most that I found). Yesterday, I found one store that had at least 18 of them. Today another store that I went to had six of them. Is this happening in your area?

Cool Han Luke
09-02-2001, 10:49 PM
Yes. There were 17 at last count at my local Target (West LA). My other Target has them in the back 5 or 6 cases of them. I would clearance those immediately. I am sure everyone has picked one up by now as it has been about a month or so since their arrival.

Rollo Tomassi
09-03-2001, 12:19 AM
Good lord no! The shelf at my Target has been empty for a few weeks. Either they are getting them in and selling out immediately, or it's a waste of space.

On the other hand...clearance B-Wings is a grand idea...

Obi-Don
09-03-2001, 04:49 AM
The Target that I got mine only had three minus the one I got. I hope they put them on clearence I could ues another.

Starfig873
09-03-2001, 08:23 AM
Does your Target have a suggestion box? Just suggest they send all dem B-Wings to other states! ;)

Bel-Cam Jos
09-03-2001, 01:56 PM
I had heard that there would be a $34.99 sale, instead of the penny less than $40 price tag, but I decided to pick one up and just ask for my $5 credit later. Still a-waitin' on that thar sale...

Starfig873
09-03-2001, 09:14 PM
I hate Target for all those stupid sales. It's hard enough getting the stupid exclusive but then Target screws with our heads and says "oh...wait, you could have gotten it for X amount". Target sucks all the way. :D

But I loves the exclusives!

Lobito
09-05-2001, 04:29 PM
I bought mine in the local SW store (No target) almost 2 weeks ago. They still have 2 more to sell. The shipment they recieved consisted of 6 B-wings. So it seems it is a Peg Warmer.

JediCole
09-05-2001, 10:46 PM
I too have encountered this trend. I bought all three I found when they were initially released, one for Sith Worm and two to keep on hand as future trade fodder (I was hopeful to trade one for a TIE Bomber which I will almost certainly be unable to find myself). Now I have discovered that they are plentiful and my investment will almost certainly be for naught (though I may be able to trade one for an Eopie/Qui-Gon Beast Pack. Hopefully the TRU exclusives will prove as plentiful, they certainly have no shortage of 12" Dewbacks! The only one I REALLY want is the TIE Bomber.
It is rather ironic that the top secret number that may or may not have worked at your local Target to get a B-Wing in your hands early has proved nothing more than a novel footnote in the history of Star Wars toy exclusives. I'm glad I could not find the compulsion to persue that at the time, then found them with no problem the "release" weekend anyway.

Darth Cruel
09-05-2001, 11:34 PM
Yep...Warming the shelves (they don't display them on pegs:D ) here in Victorville. And the boxes are starting to get smashed.

Obi-Dan Kenobi
09-06-2001, 02:40 AM
Saw about eight at Target here in Cincy today. When they start stocking them on the top shelf, you know they have too many.

Never got a Skiff, which I wanted desperately. Why couldn't they have sat around?! I just hope the B-Wings don't sit around too much, or the next exclusive may be hard to find like the Skiff and the Y-Wing.

pthfnder89
09-06-2001, 04:10 PM
EXACTLY what I'm worried about Obi-Dan. I'm pretty convinced that the reason they're warming the shelves is because of the price tag. $40 is a LOT to pay for it, even considering how big the Bwing is.

I'm kind of jaded because the Bwing is without a doubt, my favorite Kenner vehicle of all time, so I honestly would have paid even more than $40 to get it, but how many kids are gonna spend that much on one fighter? And I'd imagine most parents would baulk at paying that much too.

I think $30 would have been the best price for it, although they still would be selling more of them if it was only $34.99.

Mandalorian Candidat
09-06-2001, 04:23 PM
I've seen a couple of shelfwarmers myself in Utah. This may point to a clearance soon.

Does anyone remember last year around this time when the Y-Wing came out? After a few weeks and they were really HTF, they went on clearance. The only problem was that they didn't have any to sell. Sound like they're using some W-M logic on this one...

pthfnder89
09-06-2001, 04:28 PM
I never actually saw a single Ywing. PERIOD

*sniff, sniff*

ACPin
09-17-2001, 09:12 PM
Four different Targets over the past week and they still had the same B-Wings on the shelves. Just can't wait for them to go on sale so that I can turn back my receipt for a refund on the two that I bought. :D

It does look like Target ordered more B-Wings than the Skiff and Y-Wings. I got mine the first time they had them on the shelves and I never found them again afterwards.

JediJeff77
09-17-2001, 09:55 PM
use HELLO683 to get 10% off!
hope this helps someone!
-J

Mandalorian Candidat
09-20-2001, 02:41 PM
Since the B-Wings have been out for about a month now, I think it would be interesting to know how many of us are finding them as shelfwarmers. As for myself, I've seen several at my local Target (Orem, UT) everytime I've been in for the past three weeks. At one time they were up to 6. Yesterday it was down to four.

Is this a pretty prominent thing or are most of you finding them to be elusive?

Originally posted by JediJeff77
use HELLO683 to get 10% off!
hope this helps someone!
-J

If you don't want to buy it over the internet and shell out for shipping, just apply for a Target card and get 10% when you buy the B-Wing. In fact, they'll give you 10% everything you purchase at that time.

Obi-Dan Kenobi
09-20-2001, 04:32 PM
Um, DUST is actually starting to collect on them here. I was there today, I saw it myself!:eek:

I like that little eek! face.

ACPin
10-15-2001, 08:30 AM
Got another B-Wing on clearance and I still have to find my receipts on the other to get my refund. :D There were still about a dozen left in the store that I got it.

Mandalorian Candidat
10-15-2001, 01:10 PM
Not anymore! Just got two at the lowered price leaving one on the shelf. Look like they'll all be gone pretty soon!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-15-2001, 06:47 PM
I saved my receipt for a B-Wing I purchased a month and a half ago. If I bring it back to Target can I get a full refund for it, or will they give me the current price of $27.90 for it? And if I do get full refund back, will Target get mad if they see me in line buying another one of them?

mrhat
10-15-2001, 06:59 PM
They used to be hot, and now they are not. 27.95 not bad for those things, here in CO, there are like a WHOLE bunch, 9+ just in one store

ACPin
10-15-2001, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner
I saved my receipt for a B-Wing I purchased a month and a half ago. If I bring it back to Target can I get a full refund for it, or will they give me the current price of $27.90 for it? And if I do get full refund back, will Target get mad if they see me in line buying another one of them?

Target's policy on returns is that if you buy something at regular price and the item goes down in price before the return period ends (it's printed at the top of your receipt), you can get the refund on the difference of the sale price and the regular price.

Hence, you do not have to return the item for a full refund and then buy the same item at the regular price. You do not even have to bring the item with you, just bring the receipt and mention that the item has gone on sale.

I haven't had any problems at all doing this. Be aware though that some items don't go on sale on some stores, so it's good to check and make sure first before asking for the refund.

GNT
10-16-2001, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
Since the B-Wings have been out for about a month now, I think it would be interesting to know how many of us are finding them as shelfwarmers.

Yep shelfwarmers here (what isn't?) Collecting dust but who would want to pay AU$100 for one (thats US$50 for one)?

bigbarada
10-16-2001, 02:13 PM
I read all the stories here about people finding stacks and stacks of B-Wings collecting dust and drool (from broke fanboys who can't afford the $40 price tag). So I decided to check out my local Target and lo and behold I find 50,000,000 of them on the shelves (okay so it was more like six). At $28 each!!! So I must say, if the Target here in El Paso, TX actually has pegwarmer B-Wings then they are probably everywhere.

ACPin
10-22-2001, 09:02 AM
Two different Target stores that I've gone to during the weekend had at least a dozen in each of them. Hmmm, I wonder if this sale price will still drop? Come to think of it, it just might because the last digit on the sale price of $27.90 is not non-zero. IIRC, final clearance price in Targets are mostly non-zero if the item does not fully get sold out. Got to keep checking the stores to see if it happens and if you do before I find out, please post it here! :D

Mandalorian Candidat
10-22-2001, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by ACPin

Target's policy on returns is that if you buy something at regular price and the item goes down in price before the return period ends (it's printed at the top of your receipt), you can get the refund on the difference of the sale price and the regular price.

Hence, you do not have to return the item for a full refund and then buy the same item at the regular price. You do not even have to bring the item with you, just bring the receipt and mention that the item has gone on sale.

I haven't had any problems at all doing this. Be aware though that some items don't go on sale on some stores, so it's good to check and make sure first before asking for the refund.

That would make the most sense, but I've been to several Targets where they will only do it after 14 days. The 14 day thing is supposed to only cover advertised sales, but they've bastardized it to cover stuff like clearance sales (at least some employees have).

I didn't really have to make a big deal over it. My Target had several, so I just bought another one and returned the others on the $40 receipt.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-22-2001, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the info ACPin. Tomorrow I will go to Target and pick up some dough! :cool:

ACPin
10-24-2001, 08:47 AM
It looks like there has been a turnaround in Target on their policies about returns and exchanges. I went there a couple of days ago with my receipt to get my refund on the two B-Wings that I had bought about a month ago. Like what I did before with the Y-Wings, Skiff and the 12" Speeder bike, I expected to get my refund with no questions asked.

This time however, I was quoted the two week after the item was bought as the price adjustment period. Nowhere in the receipt or in their customer service area was that posted. The customer rep then just mentioned that the computer wouldn't let the item through unless I return it. Now this is where it gets weirder, she also mentions that I can't do a straight buy back from her if I return the item.

I would have to get them from the floor if I still wanted them. Not wanting to get the conversation to get any longer plus I didn't want to inconvenience the rest of the people on the returns, I went my way straight to the toy section and got myself two B-Wings for the sale price.

I could probably have been nasty and would have been back and returned the two that I just bought. But that's not me and I did my return yesterday for the two B-Wings which I bought on the regular price. It was not the same person who attended to my return and just for the heck of it I asked about the new return policy. The two week price adjustment is in force but the can't buy back unless from the sales floor isn't. He asked if I wanted to buy them back for the sale price and I declined since I already did the previous day.

There were still about eight B-Wings on the floor plus the two that I've returned.

Obi-Don
10-24-2001, 10:15 AM
At the target I go to there is nothing,not even any good figures.Getting as lame as our Wal-Mart.

Jayspawn
10-24-2001, 03:53 PM
Yeah all the B-Wings ave come and gone at the sale price. And I paid full price for mine too. Oh well, I got one.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-25-2001, 05:43 PM
I too got hosed on that 14 day rule. Worse yet, the B-wings were all gone at the one store I got them at. But the clerk at returns said I can take it back to anystore. Hopefully the other Targets in my area have B-wing still left. I would love to get one for only 20 dollars. I'll just have to get off my keester.

ACPin
10-31-2001, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner
I too got hosed on that 14 day rule. Worse yet, the B-wings were all gone at the one store I got them at. But the clerk at returns said I can take it back to anystore. Hopefully the other Targets in my area have B-wing still left. I would love to get one for only 20 dollars. I'll just have to get off my keester.

I've managed to get to the same store yesterday with my receipts from the previous buy at $27.90. Good thing there was still one left which I showed to the returns clerk and I got back a price adjustment of $16 since my purchase was still within the 14-day rule.

Btw, I noticed in the Target receipts mentioning that a new return and exchange policy will become effective on 11/01/01. :confused:

Wolfwood319
11-01-2001, 11:04 PM
I just visited my Target (Arlington Heights, IL) today to see what they had. They had about a half dozen or so B-Wings in the clearence portion of the toy section. I picked one up just cause, when low and behold, at the register it rang up as $9.97! I quickly ran back and got 2 more. 3 B-Wings for $30. Anyone else find this discounted price?

ACPin
11-03-2001, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
I just visited my Target (Arlington Heights, IL) today to see what they had. They had about a half dozen or so B-Wings in the clearence portion of the toy section. I picked one up just cause, when low and behold, at the register it rang up as $9.97! I quickly ran back and got 2 more. 3 B-Wings for $30. Anyone else find this discounted price?
Looks like I won't have any more chances of it going down in my area since the Target stores don't have anymore in stock.