PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Madness Question

he-ro
04-15-2002, 12:29 PM
When Should I head to my Local TRU that is participating in MM? I live in Houston, and this will be my first Midnight Madness. Thanks

RooJay
04-15-2002, 07:53 PM
I showed up for the Ep. 1 midnight madness at about 11:30, and I was among the first three groups let into the store. Most people didn't seem to show up until just before midnight or just after. If Ep. 2 midnight madness is anything like the first one, then there should be plenty of toys to go around!

TikiFett
04-15-2002, 09:55 PM
Back in EP1 the major hot hard to come by item was the 12" Darth Maul. This was my main objective - I got to TRU at 10pm and was about the 10th person thru the doors and I got one of about 4 they had. I don't know of any major item this time around so I might well show up the next morning!

LTBasker
04-16-2002, 12:59 AM
I'd go to Wal-Mart, last time alot of people weren't expecting Wal-Mart to have them at Midnight I guess. I'm sure there will be more people than last time, but should be no biggy.

Wolfwood319
04-16-2002, 01:21 AM
I'm hitting my Wal-Mart early in the morning. I figure all the hardcore guys will hit Midnight madness and be sleeping at around 7-8 am, plus, I don't think there are any real rare figures this time around, so everyone should be able to get what they want.

LTBasker
04-16-2002, 01:22 AM
Hardest to get one should be Dooku, only 2 per case in 1 case if your Wal-Mart is getting any cases of it at all.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-16-2002, 10:27 AM
Last MM I didn't go because it was on a Sunday and I make it a practice not to shop on Sundays so I went to TRU at like 5 am. They were totally cleaned out of C3, DM, and there was one Ani left. I went to WM at 8 and they had tons of every freaking figure and at cheaper prices.

This time around I think WM will be the best place to shop if the local TRU won't be open at 12. They should have the 2 POTJ vehicles and I'm betting a bunch of POTJ figures like the Boshek wave. Plus if you can't get everything you want, i.e., Hangar Ani or Count Dooku, TRU will probably have them once they open and their prices are pretty much the same as WM's.

RooJay
04-16-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
I'd go to Wal-Mart, last time alot of people weren't expecting Wal-Mart to have them at Midnight I guess. I'm sure there will be more people than last time, but should be no biggy.

I have a feeling people are going to be killed at my local Wal-Mart during midnight madness; what with the narrow aisles already clogged with mis-placed items all over the floor, and pallets blocking the way! (Sorry again Dar'Argol;) Maybe you would invite me to your Wal-Mart to shop.)

Sean the Hutt
04-16-2002, 03:14 PM
I showed up at 1130 too, got in and found everything, but one figure I yhink...it was fun, but my TRU is lame and will not do Midnite madness again...you should be ok rolling in late if you want. Though go out to dinner and make a night out of it...

Jedikmg
04-16-2002, 03:25 PM
Technically MC it was on a Monday morning so i think you could have gotten away with it heheh.

Wolfwood319
04-16-2002, 03:30 PM
From what my local Wal-Mart's Toy department Manager said, they were putting AOTC on the outer most aisle, so there would be more shelf space and more aisle space. Currently this section is being dominated by Spider-Man, and before that it was Harry Potter and Monsters Inc. That aisle seems to be the designated "flavor of the month" aisle.:eek:

Mandalorian Candidat
04-16-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Jedikmg
Technically MC it was on a Monday morning so i think you could have gotten away with it heheh.

From what I was told by employees, people started lining up at 6 PM on Sunday. All I had to do was wake up a little early and then submit to a little cigarette smoke from the Hot Wheels collectors outside a WM for them to open at 8 AM.

From what my local Wal-Mart's Toy department Manager said, they were putting AOTC on the outer most aisle, so there would be more shelf space and more aisle space. Currently this section is being dominated by Spider-Man, and before that it was Harry Potter and Monsters Inc. That aisle seems to be the designated "flavor of the month" aisle.

One toy dept. employee at my WM said they were going to remove the Spider Man toys from the endcaps and put the SW stuff there. That makes no sense. Why not remove what ever's on the outer aisle and replace it with SW? That stuff will sell more and let people have easier access to the pegs.

RooJay
04-16-2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
From what my local Wal-Mart's Toy department Manager said, they were putting AOTC on the outer most aisle, so there would be more shelf space and more aisle space. Currently this section is being dominated by Spider-Man, and before that it was Harry Potter and Monsters Inc. That aisle seems to be the designated "flavor of the month" aisle.:eek:

My local Wal-Mart still has Harry Potter and Monsters INC. in the outer most Aisle!:crazed: Everything else is crammed down the aisle behind it; new stuff included (of which there is not much).