PDA

View Full Version : Which figures will you NOT be buying 23/4?

Jargo
04-15-2002, 01:24 PM
So we've seen the lists for what's coming out and most of us have muttered about what we'll be picking up and why. What i want to know is which figures are going to pegwarn straight off.
By which I mean the figures you consider to be a waste of time and not worth plonking cash down for.

My list is thus:

Anakin outland peasant
Padme arena
Obi-Wan Coruscant chase
C-3PO
Shaak Ti
Kit Fisto
Battle droid
Nikto
R2-D2
Clonetrooper
Saesee Tiin
JarJar
Plo koon
Luminara
Anakin hangar duel
Yoda
Deluxe Obi
Deluxe Jango
Deluxe Tyranus
Deluxe Mace
Jedi starfighter
Lightsabers of any description
12 inch figures
Any other random products

Which cuts down on the money lay out considerably. :happy:

IcebergSlim
04-15-2002, 01:27 PM
You're not getting any Jedi figures??? Luminaro, Nikto and Shaak Ti are, like, the best figures out of the bunch.

Wolfwood319
04-15-2002, 01:34 PM
I won't be buying Anakin Peasant, Padme Arena, Jango Fett Kamino, Deluxe Jango, Tusken Female, C-3PO, and R2-D2. I hope to get the rest of them.

Jargo
04-15-2002, 01:38 PM
Can't stand the Jedi. Much prefer the ordinary aliens like Dexter and Taun We. They'll fit in anywhere but the Jedi are way too scene specific and ludicrously posed and have crappy gimmicks. A waste of time and money IMO. I may buy one or two if they hit clearance but otherwise not. :)

LTBasker
04-15-2002, 01:43 PM
[Inside Jargo's room afterwards]

Dexter: Where is everyone else?
Taun We: I dunno. Want to clone extras?
[Dexter heads over to a light switch]
Dexter: With or without the cloning tube?

:D

Depending on what's released, I probably will be waiting a little to get Padme, Anakin, and some other super-gimmick figures. Mostly due to money, instead of trying to get all the figures at once I'll just get what I want first then complete later. :happy:

CrossWizard
04-15-2002, 01:48 PM
I think its easier for me to post the ones that I will be buying:

Mace Windu (Deluxe)
Count Dooku (Dark Lord)
Anakin Skywalker (Hangar Duel)
Kit Fisto (Jedi Master)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Coruscant Chase)
Plo Koon (Arena Battle)
Shaak Ti (Jedi Master)
Boba Fett (Kamino Escape)
Clone Trooper (Commander) x2
Saesee Tin (Jedi Master)
Luminara Unduli (Jedi Master)
Slave 1
Jedi Starfighter

Everything else not on that list means that it will not be worth my money or my time.

Beast
04-15-2002, 01:55 PM
Depends on fundage, I only budgeted out for 14-19 and now we are getting about 27. So, I will get what I can afford, and the rest can wait for the next paycheck. I'll just pick up my favorites that day, and get the rest later. I'm only gonna go for figures on the 23rd, vehicles and beasts can wait til later.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Ovori
04-15-2002, 01:56 PM
It will also be easier for me to make a list of what I'm buying...

Jango, Kamino
Jango, Final battle
Royal guard, porbably as many as I can of this one...
Deluxe Mace
Yoda
R2-D2
Count Dooku
Plo Koon
Clone Commander

Hoping for the Bespin duo of Luke and Vader, but those I believe are for the 3Q.

As for the rest, a big miss from me...

he-ro
04-15-2002, 02:36 PM
I will be buying one each of all the figs, vehicles, and beast. I am most excited about the 12'' Ultimate Jango Fett!

Jargo
04-15-2002, 02:38 PM
Hmmm, but there are tons of threads for what people wil be buying, my reason for starting this thread was so that if anyone from hasbro was reading, it would make plain what's not popular so they can refrain from producing more of the same. Maybe I should have been a bit clearer in my thread opener. :)

Evan Nash
04-15-2002, 02:42 PM
I'll be getting these so far:

-Jango Fett (Kamino), which I already have 2 of.
-Count Dooku
-Yoda
-Anakin Skywalker (Hanger Duel)

The others all depend on how they look when I see em.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-15-2002, 02:43 PM
I won't be getting:

Anakin Farmer
Padme Tube top
Obi-Wan Chase
R2
C-3PO
Kit Fisto

because I already got them :)

I am thinking about taking back Padme because the figure is so strange. The whole thing with the swinging arm and the wide handspread and the spread-eagle pose is just too weird for a SW action figure.

I'm also leaning against the Shaak Ti figure. It looks like a flaming pharoah.

There's no way I would get the deluxe figures, except for Jango Fett, but when I got mine they charged me only $5.88 (at WM) and not the full $10 price so I figure I got a bargain.

Darth Ovori
04-15-2002, 02:49 PM
I see your point...

I will not buy...

C3PO
Deluxe Anikin
Deluxe Padme
Deluxe Obi-Wan
Zam Wessel
Dexter
Kit Fisto
Shaak Ti
Clonetrooper
Saesee Tiin
JarJar
Nikto
Lightsabers of any type
12 inch figures
Luminara
Jar Jar
Battle droid
Any of the 12"
Slave-01
Taun We
Those funny winged creatures... ;)
Super Battle Droid
Battle Droid
Both Speeders
Pilot Obi-Wan
Deluxe Tyranus
Any of those Beast's
Palpatine
Typho
Slave-1
Arena play set

Paul-Kenobi
04-15-2002, 03:25 PM
i wont be buying

Anakin Outland
Boba Fett ( saveing him for after the moive)
C-3po ( he just sucks real bad)
Caption Typho ( saveing him for latter)
Geonosis Worrior ( never liked him)
Jar Jar Binks ( not really in to Jar jar i like him but i don't like the action figure)
Luminara Unduh ( saveing her for latter :D)
Padme Amidala ( Saveing her for last :D :D :D)
R2 D2 ( don't a get me worngo hes allright but not on my list for now)
Tuskan Raider ( never liked them)

Deluxe

Obi-Wan Kenobi ( he isnt worty right now of being in my colection)

Slave I ( its cool but ill save that for after the moive)

JEDIpartner
04-15-2002, 03:32 PM
I'm not buying any of them... except the Tusken mommy, Brown Battle and Obi-Wan Coruscant Chase- just to have him for a head replacement!

So... I guess I WON'T be buying...

My list is also thus:

Anakin outland peasant
Padme arena
C-3PO
Shaak Ti
Kit Fisto
Battle droid
Nikto
R2-D2
Clonetrooper
Saesee Tiin
JarJar
Plo koon
Luminara
Anakin hangar duel
Yoda
Lightsabers or blasters of any description
12" figures
Any of the other little tchotchke things from Hasbro...

I'll really just be getting the books and the soundtrack on that day!

Paul-Kenobi
04-15-2002, 04:11 PM
I can't wait for Anakin Skywlaker Hanger Duel to be out with Count Dooku Dark Lord, they look to be the best buy.

subMERGE
04-15-2002, 04:56 PM
I will NOT be getting :

Anakin Outland Peasant ( hoping Hangar Duel comes out)
Padme ( already have two - just can't get enough of her)
Plo Koon
Tuskin Raider
Jar Jar
Dexter Jester ( never liked him)
Boba Fett
R2-D2
All of Deluxe
Taun We

Battle Droid
04-15-2002, 05:04 PM
I'll probably only be buying Super Battle Droids, Battle Droids, and maybe a Red Clone Trooper or 2.

Everything else will be purchased later.

GeneralKenobi
04-15-2002, 06:24 PM
I will not be buying:

Deluxe Figs
Vehicles
Playsets
LEGOs
Games
Puzzles
That nasty cereal
Party Favors
Dooku or Anakin's Sabers
Jango Fett Space Shooter
Novelization
Junior Novelization
Any of the 12" but Obi-Wan

Any Bey Blade product of any kind.

Jedi_Rainman
04-15-2002, 10:08 PM
I will not be buying nothing at all b/c I am going to BUY IT ALL

Beast
04-15-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Jedi_Rainman
*Family Feud Alert*
Good Answer, Good Answer!! :D
*Applause*

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
04-15-2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Jedi_Rainman

I'll say it for JARGO because I saw this first... and I'll be a little nicer about it-

"I think you are in the wrong thread... did you NOT read the title of it?"

...oh, and I forgot- I'll be buying DEXTER as well.

stillakid
04-15-2002, 10:21 PM
I have all the figures coming to me through the One of Every Figure Club, so I'll be on the hunt for army builder types. Also I'll buy any of the extras, like ships and playsets within the first week or so assuming that I can find them.

jedihunter25
04-15-2002, 11:01 PM
12" figures. First of all- they are 20 bucks each and I'll wait till clearance, Second- I'm starting to run out of room, I have most of the past ones and out of all my collection they take up the most space. I can already see by Episode III- my collection will be growing in to the bathrooms!!!

Jedi_Rainman
04-15-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by stillakid
I have all the figures coming to me through the One of Every Figure Club, so I'll be on the hunt for army builder types. Also I'll buy any of the extras, like ships and playsets within the first week or so assuming that I can find them.

How do you get into this "one of every figure" club?

jedihunter25
04-15-2002, 11:15 PM
You get them at kebco.com. BUT!!!!! Don't expect them on time. I signed up for that and I didn't get my sneak peak figures until three weeks after I seen them on the shelves in stores- so I canceled.

bigbarada
04-16-2002, 12:23 AM
I will NOT be buying:

Anakin Outland Peasant (already got him)
Padme
Obi-Wan
Threepio
Kit Fisto
Super Battle Droid
Boba Fett
Captain Typho
Shaak TI
Battle Droid
Plo Koon
Jango Fett Kamino(got him)
Tusken Female (did her -- I mean got her)
Artoo
Clonetrooper
Zam Wesel
Royal Guard
Sassy Teen
Nikto Jedi
Jar Jar
Taun We
Luminara Unduli
Mace Windu
Zam's Speeder
Slave 1
Jedi Fighter
Beasts
Deluxe figures
Unleashed figures
12" Obi-Wan
12" Clonetrooper
12" Jango

:cry:

2-1B
04-16-2002, 01:14 AM
I will not buy:

Padme Arena Salute. At the minimum, I should be able to rotate the figure's arm and have it stay where I want it to.

Anakin Peasant. The flashlight he holds was interesting to me for a moment, in a "vintage" way. But I didn't like the early vintage sabers as a kid, why would I want one now?

Obi-Wan Chase. History tells me I will have my choice of better Kenobis, no need to rush him into my collection which already hosts at least a dozen of the character.

Battledroids of ANY kind. Wow, I felt taken with the 4 variants on 5/3/1999 and after OOM-9 and the POTJ version, I've to decided to never buy another Battle Droid. Ever. That goes for Super Battle Droids too.

C-3P0. I'm not keen on the removable plating, I have the TPM version and several classic versions. All I need to complete the transition is a "junk" colored version, I'm sure they will release a better one next year. If I had any talent at customizing, I would do this job myself.

Royal Guard. I'm not interested, my vintage is a beauty . . . if the AOTC version was Soft Goods, he might be welcomed.

Jango Fett. Maybe a resculpt down the road (we know they're coming), but for now my Sneak Peak is all I will allow. Not that it's a great fig to begin with, but I'm not crazy about the character so he can wait . . . awhile.

Luminara. This one hurts, because I really want the character. I'm just so put off by the pose.

And there are many others, some due to the Luminara syndrome and others due to a general lack of interest.

:)

Jargo
04-17-2002, 06:22 AM
I will not buy the mace geonosian rescue or the bespin vader or Luke as these figures have been totally ruined by the stupid gimmicks. Excellent figure sculpts bastardised by a stupid stupid gadgety cheap ploy. buttons in the back to make the arm swing. What is the point of that? Kids won't be able to use their imaginations anymore and collectors who keep themm carded can't appreciate it. Those who open their toys tend to display them statically so what is the frickin' chuffin' point. I'm fast losing all faith in anything that hasbro does. Frick the gadgets ferchrissakes! Just make the figures without them. It's enough that they come with accessories, it's enough that the details are fine. We don't need the stupid gizmos and features. Leave out the magnets and the slashing actions and the damn stupid wide leg poses!! You are so going to lose a crapload of money on these gizmos Hasbro. :mad:

Rogue II
04-17-2002, 07:44 AM
I will not be buying any Legos, playsets or vehicles, or anything else that was only in TPM or ATOC. I'm a classic trilogy kind of guy. So, that narrows it down to about 7 figures I plan on getting from this first wave. Why is everyone passing on the Threepio, he will make a good scrap heap for the jawas or ugnaughts.

Yes, I am biting on Hasbro's stupid gimmicks and getting the Bespin Luke and Vader. I will just pretend that certain features aren't there (just like R5-D4!)

I'm not sure if I will go out and get anything at all on the 23rd. I'm sure Hasbro made plenty of all of the figures like they always do(yeah, right).:rolleyes:

Am I mistaken, or did BigBarada admit to being the illigitimate father of a Tusken Raider kid?:)

Jargo
04-17-2002, 07:55 AM
HEHEHEHE..... :evil: ;)

neonflux
04-17-2002, 09:47 AM
I won't be buying the Anakin peasant figure because it looks CHEAP, nor will I have any part of ANOTHER R2D2 figure (how many R2 variations can they possibly make?), I aslo don't want the Obi Wan escape figure because it looks like some more of that cheap, near see through plastic.

jedi master sal
04-17-2002, 10:09 AM
Check my attachment. it has my complete list of what I am/ am not going to get. Suffice it to say this may be revised. I'll have to check the picture archive and see IF I like the scuplts enough to get them right away. I may take a chance on what I think are going to be pegwarmers. This will help me either save money or have more for army building. Either way I think I will spend less than what is currently on my list. (notice quantities as well)

sorry for quality, didn't have time to retype all of this.

bigbarada
04-17-2002, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Rogue II
Am I mistaken, or did BigBarada admit to being the illigitimate father of a Tusken Raider kid?:)

She told me she was on the pill, it's not my fault!:o

Given my ever changing financial mess I must add a few figures to my can't afford list:

Geonosian Warrior
Dexter Jettster
Yoda
Count Dooku
Anakin's Speeder
12" Anakin

:cry: :cry:

aharry
04-17-2002, 02:20 PM
I will not buy the Darth Vader-Bespin Dinner Table Attire nor will I get C-3PO-Death Star Escape, but I'll get everything else.:stupid: