PDA

View Full Version : Gentlemen... A few points of interest

Eternal Padawan
04-15-2002, 03:25 PM
Today (being the 15th of April, 2002) is my daughter's 4th birthday.

Today is also the anniversary of Lincoln's assassination.

Today is also the day the Titanic sank.

Today is also tax day. ( I hope you filed!:eek: )

One week from today we will all be bathing in the glory of Midnite Madness.

Two weeks from today I will be getting home from Celebration II.

In three weeks (hopefully) I will be watching Episode II early. :D

In one month, we will all be watching a midnite showing of Star Wars Episode II Attack Of The Clones.

That is all. Carry on.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-15-2002, 03:52 PM
Don't forget...

In five weeks we'll be getting notices from VISA that we've maxed out our credit limits at WM and TRU.

In six weeks we'll be filling for bankruptcy. :)

bigbarada
04-15-2002, 03:54 PM
Ten days from today is my father's birthday. He'll be 53:eek:

Three days from today my library books are due. Thanks for reminding me!;)

One month from tomorrow Ep2 premieres.

One month from tomorrow is my 29th birthday. I told George that releasing Ep2 on my birthday as a present was overkill; but he never listens.:D:D:D

Wolfwood319
04-15-2002, 03:57 PM
Also,

Today is Laundry day

Today is Spaghetti night, I better start cooking:sur:

Today is 39 cent Cheeseburgers at McDonald's

One week from today I'll be trying to convince people that spending $500 on action figures won't ruin our summer's planned vacation

One week and one day from today, I'll only be spending $100 on AOTC merchandise:rolleyes:

LTBasker
04-15-2002, 04:12 PM
"Today (being the 15th of April, 2002) is my daughter's 4th birthday." - Happy Birthday.

"Today is also the anniversary of Lincoln's assassination." - I see nothing, I see nothing!!!

"Today is also the day the Titanic sank." - Should've used a big rubber ducky.

"Today is also tax day. ( I hope you filed! )" - Sometimes being a minor is fun.

"One week from today we will all be bathing in the glory of Midnite Madness." - And getting pushed and shoved by it.

"Two weeks from today I will be getting home from Celebration II." - Lucky.

"In three weeks (hopefully) I will be watching Episode II early." - Can ya try and slip in a little micro-digital camera...?

"In one month, we will all be watching a midnite showing of Star Wars Episode II Attack Of The Clones." - Unless Lucas gets his way with no midnight screenings...

"That is all. Carry on." - I'll carry over, I'll carry off, I'll carry grant, guess I'll carry on. :D

dr_evazan22
04-15-2002, 06:52 PM
Happy Birthday to the Little Padawan!

Happy Birthday in a month to bigbarada!

Happy Birthday in 10 to evenbiggerbigbarada!

Lastly, I believe the Titanic sank on 4/12 or 4/13. But in all honesty I don't KNOW.

Jedi Teacher
04-15-2002, 08:01 PM
How COOl is THAT!!! You get to leave celebration II before it starts!!!!!

:D

(pardon the sarcasm, I couldn't resist!)

Happy Birthday little padawan!!!!!

See you at celebration II!! (If I knew who you were and could actually find you. But it's that unknowingly we will cross paths.)

JediTricks
04-15-2002, 08:03 PM
Basker, minors 15.5 and up still have to file taxes the same as 18-year-olds (I found that one out the hard way, but I did end up getting a rebate); so if you have a job and you meet the government's minimum filing amount, be aware.

Happy Birthday to EP's kiddo!

President Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy and President Kennedy had a secretary named Lincoln.

187-Maul
04-15-2002, 08:07 PM
Happy birthday to "fillnameinhere" !

Mandalorian Candidat
04-15-2002, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
President Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy and President Kennedy had a secretary named Lincoln.

And John Wilkes Booth shot Lincoln in a theater and hid in a warehouse and Lee Harvey Oswald shot Kennedy (did he?) from a warehouse and hid in a theater.

DeadEye
04-15-2002, 09:09 PM
Um...I'm 16 and I don't file crap.:eek:

Eternal Padawan
04-15-2002, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Teacher
How COOl is THAT!!! You get to leave celebration II before it starts!!!!!

:D

(pardon the sarcasm, I couldn't resist!)

Happy Birthday little padawan!!!!!

See you at celebration II!! (If I knew who you were and could actually find you. But it's that unknowingly we will cross paths.)

Oops to my math! :eek: Here are BSLOS for the occasion...

"What is love?
Baby don't hurt me.
Don't hurt me.
No more..."

(begin Butabi head bobbin' now...)

Hopefully, we'll all be wearing SIRSTEVE shirts and hats so you WILL recognize me at Celebration. :D

jedihunter25
04-15-2002, 11:26 PM
One month and two days- I'll be flat broke, lose my girlfriend, lose my job, lose my home and be living in a movie theater with a big pile of star wars toys,props,autographs from Celebration 2,etc. And living off of star wars cereal.

LTBasker
04-16-2002, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Basker, minors 15.5 and up still have to file taxes the same as 18-year-olds (I found that one out the hard way, but I did end up getting a rebate); so if you have a job and you meet the government's minimum filing amount, be aware.

I'm not even 15.5, was born in December. :happy: Plus no job so I'm in the clear on both parts. :cool:

Mandalorian Candidat
04-16-2002, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker

I'm not even 15.5, was born in December. :happy: Plus no job so I'm in the clear on both parts. :cool:

How do you pay for SW figs without a job?

Lobito
04-16-2002, 05:25 PM
When the day comes, we can go celebrate at the Tavern!:D

I still have to wait 7 weeks to see AOTC, so i guess when the movie hits theatres in the US i'll take a 4 week rest so that i get no spoilers...still 7 weeks to go.:)

JediTricks
04-17-2002, 01:27 AM
DeadEye, if your job pays you legally and reports your paychecks, then you HAVE to file unless you don't meet the minimum annual income requirement (I have no idea what it is this year, 10 years ago it was like $5,000). If your job is deducting taxes, then it's possible Uncle Sam owes you a refund.

Eternal Padawan
04-17-2002, 07:56 AM
I think the minimum now is either $10,800 or $12,800, but I forget which (I strattle it every year). Either way, you need to file, whether you owe money or not. It might have something to do with whether your parents still claim you as a dependent, also. JT seems like the type of guy to be filing by hisself when he was 15.5.

And here's an important tax tip. Get as close to ZERO as you can. It's even better if you pay the gov't $25 or $50 bucks every year, rather than getting a HUGE refund back.

Why?

Because that is YOUR money they are refunding to you. Money the gov't has been sitting on over the year that you could have had in the bank earning interest or invested in the stock market earning the points. The gov't doesn't PAY interest when they sit on it. It's not a suprise bonus check that Uncle Sam sends to you as a good citizen. It's the "Too Much" the gov't TOOK from you during the year, and it sat in THEIR bank earning interest. So don't look at refund checks as a good thing. Look at them as money the gov't "borrowed" without asking and is now giving back to you because you filled out your tax forms and figured out they had taken too much. I would much rather have that money during the year where I can make it grow than have them hoarding it. Evil government.