PDA

View Full Version : New Figs Look Horrible!!!!!!!!!!!

scruffziller
04-15-2002, 07:11 PM
Does anyone think the new figs look really bad. They have sunk to a new low of cheapness. I've seen drug store GI Joe knock offs that look better. Anybody know why this has happened?:frus: Don't worry I am not buying them at all.

Jedi_Rainman
04-15-2002, 07:18 PM
I have no clue, but if they look so bad to you, then why are you buying them?!?

DeadEye
04-15-2002, 07:41 PM
I know, right? That's what I'm saying. Why bother even associating yourself with these "figs" if you can't stand them.

Battle Droid
04-15-2002, 08:11 PM
Only fig I got probs with is Anakin with Giant molded on Lightsaber, I may pass on it.

hasbromofo
04-15-2002, 08:44 PM
I saw pictures of all the aotc figures today in the new Lee's digest and I was really dissapointed! They were all pictured loose and they look cheesy with the plastic fireballs and stuff. I think the packaging is really nice and is about the only thing going for these figures, but what happened to the classic look we got with potf,ep. 1, and potj. These figures pale in comparison. Also the 12 inch looks like crap too, but I have always thoght that since the new ones came out with the exception of Amidala portrait edition and Boba.The vintage 12 inch blow them away. Even though I don't like the new figs coming out I still may buy Yoda,Darth,and Puke , but I will definately not be collecting this line. I hope to god the movie is way better than these things they are calling Star Wars figures!! To each his/her own. :crazed:

Mandalorian Candidat
04-15-2002, 09:17 PM
I have a few of the figures and I don't think they're that bad. Most are way better than the POTJ line and come with a lot more accessories or at least ones that are atypical of SW figures (OB1 w/assassin droid, anakin with blaster chest). And finally we're getting the droids with accessories! The first time since the take apart 3PO and power tool R2.

Yes the blaster and force accessories look pretty dopey, but hey, just throw them away! At least you're getting a lightsaber or a gun along with that crud.

TikiFett
04-15-2002, 09:52 PM
:rolleyes:

bigbarada
04-16-2002, 01:24 AM
Sure some of the figures are pretty substandard. Hasbro churns out the crappy stuff right away because the hype of the movie will sell the figures no matter how bad they look. So just be patient and wait for the good figures to start coming out.

For the record, I don't think they are all that bad.

Beast
04-16-2002, 01:33 AM
Yeah, alot of the first figures at the start of the E1 line were also pretty subpar. They got better quick, just like they did this time. I can take a few clunker figures like Anakin: Peasent and Padme: Arena without complaing to much. Infact those are the only two figures I really dislike out of the first 27. The rest are great in my opinion, even the Obi-Wan: Corsurant Chase.

But if ya don't like them, don't buy them. That way you don't have to complain about buying the figures, and someone that does like them, won't have to go to the secondary market, or miss out cause you bought a figure that you don't like. That way, everyone wins. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

aharry
04-16-2002, 01:37 AM
I saw some of them at a toy show recently and I think they look good. It maybe that POTJ was a really good line of figures and that we need to warm up to them. I like the previews. Fortunately, the blast effects are optional if you don't want to see them unless you keep he figure carded. I guess I'm weird but I think they add an extra something that make these figures more interesting.

JEDIpartner
04-16-2002, 09:24 AM
It's too bad that Hasbro follow the POTJ line with these figures. They are, in SOME RARE CASES better than the Episode I figures, but they are nasty in comparison to the POTJ figures. Those were the best they've made! Oh, well... I DO hope that there are some better resculpts along the way for Padme and some of the other ones. I really like the white outfit, but I have a feeling we won't be seeing that one for a while. The pilot one looks a lot like a regular Naboo pilot!

IcebergSlim
04-16-2002, 03:08 PM
I don't understand why everyone comments about how bad the force effects are. It's not like they're glued on.

scruffziller
04-16-2002, 06:46 PM
Don't worry I am not buying any of them