PDA

View Full Version : Should SSG only concentrate on collectible news?

SirSteve
04-15-2002, 08:52 PM
Should SSG only concentrate on collectible news and not report on other things like prequel news?

bigbarada
04-15-2002, 09:32 PM
Woo-hoo! First vote! I control the poll!

ahem...Anyhoo, this site has become my all-purpose stop for all things Star Wars. In fact the only other site I visit with any regularity is starwars.com. I like having all my SW news and info coming from one un-biased source, instead of having to go traipsing around the net getting a little bit here and a little bit there. Especially now with my slow connection.

stillakid
04-15-2002, 10:15 PM
I'll back up BB on that one.

Wolfwood319
04-15-2002, 10:16 PM
This is the only real Star Wars site I come to, so if you stop with non-collectible related star wars news, where will I get it?

jedihunter25
04-15-2002, 10:18 PM
My vote is no. There is more to starwars than just collectibles.

CaptainSolo1138
04-15-2002, 11:31 PM
Since it takes FOREVER for Star Wars.com to load on my computer, this is the only Star Wars site I visit. I've been visiting regularly for the past six monthes and have seen very few articles that I've not been interested in. Though I'm most interested in the collectible articles, I don't think the website should change that drastically and only cater to one portion of the SW universe. But, hey, that's just me.

c_richards
04-16-2002, 10:27 AM
Having SSG focus on collectibles only is like buying a Star Wars figure and not getting the accessories and the weapons.
The figures is good, but the other cool stuff packed with it is what makes it great!

The fact that this site not only caters to the collectible end of the things but also provides a lot of information that comes from starwars.com. I personally like to see the mix of all facets of the STAR WARS universe. Granted I am a collector and I want to hear who got what, where, when, how, why, etc. But I also like to know things like Lucas getting his award, or Natalie Portman is promoting Episode II here....

Bottom line is SirStevesGuide is more than a site. It is a community. You can't have an effective community of you decide to axe a portion of it. If you look at it in terms of real life, you can't have a thrivin community without police or fire protection. Remove one of these essential elements, and chaos rules.

This site is the best because it delivers what the fans want! Let's not tinker with success!

MTFBWY

Dryanta
04-16-2002, 10:35 AM
I too voted no.
My primary focus is collectibles but the other news is also helpful and enjoyable.
This is the only place I go and would like it to remain well rounded so to speak.
Has this anything to do with the "official fansite "question.
Limit the site so as to avoid a possible fight?
If so fight anyway.We'll help.:)

LusiferSam
04-16-2002, 12:26 PM
I originally started coming to SSG for info on and about POFT2 stuff. But as you guys expanded into other areas I also started coming here for the info. Its nice having a one stop site for most every Star Wars. SirSteve and the crew have done such a great job with this site, my hats off to you guys.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-16-2002, 01:26 PM
Keep on reporting everything! I come here not only for figure info but also news on SW. I may not look at everything that's posted for news, but I like that I can come here and pretty much get all the info posted by starwars.com and other sites. It saves a lot of time for hunting around everywhere else to see what's going on.

Keep up the good job, Steve!

OC47150
04-16-2002, 02:20 PM
JediHunter25 is right, there is more to SW than collectibles. 'nuff said!

SirSteve
04-16-2002, 04:32 PM
Well, so far the general Star Wars news will stay... but don't expect news like, "SSG Reviews Changing Lanes" just because a Star Wars actor was in it. ;) We will however start reviewing collectibles.

2-1B
04-17-2002, 12:10 AM
Ben Affleck was in Star Wars ? :confused:

:D

JediTricks
04-17-2002, 12:51 AM
Wow, I totally didn't think anybody was reading our non-collectibles news. I'm glad to see I was wrong.

Quite-Gone Jim
04-17-2002, 12:50 PM
I haven't posted many things, but I've been visiting the site at least once a day (excluding weekends because of my snail-like home internet connection) for many years. This is the best star wars site out there for a collector. I have to agree with the others: if you take away the non-collecting news, we'll miss a big part of the whole star wars experience. I love everythings sirstevesguide.com has done.:)

Jon
04-17-2002, 03:46 PM
I don't post much either, but I come here once a day after work at minimum to get all the news, figure and prequel. It is presented excellently on this site and I would be very disappointed if this just reported on collectibles. I would still visit of course, but I would be disappointed.

SaeseeTiin
04-21-2002, 06:00 AM
I also don't post much but I have been signed up on here since this new version forum started, and have been visiting SSG ever since a got the internet on my computer some time ago. I personally think you should keep the site as it is with the prequel news on it, but if you have to change it, why not just make two sections on the site? On efor the collecting side, one for the news part.
What do you think?

STiin

Turbowars
04-21-2002, 07:23 PM
Don't change a a thing Steve, I'm afread of change. :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: One thing I would like is report about once a month on errors and variation that people find. I mean lets have a link on the front page where we can post photos and they stay there.

David Denny
05-01-2002, 05:12 AM
i vote no this is to me the only site for star wars and the only site i go to every time i get on-line and the first thing i do when i go on line is look at this site than my mail and other than sites with figures for sell i dont go any other star wars sites

DarthBrandon
05-05-2002, 11:40 PM
kick *** site, keep doing what your doing.

My vote is Def No.

Darth Knight
05-13-2002, 03:44 PM
I like to know what's going on in the whole Star Wars world. That includes toys, movies, books you get the idea. This is just my opinion.

Darth Grifter
05-16-2002, 07:42 PM
I was recommended to come to this site two years ago by a coworker so that I could find out more insider info on the SW prequels AND more. I just recently joined the network of members because I started to collect seriously.
SSG is an awesome resource for any StarWars enthusiast and any and all StarWars news should be kept on here.
You guys rock :happy:

jawabalz
05-25-2002, 07:40 PM
i've only been using this sight for a short time and i really enjoy the fact that there is some many different things for me to choose from which is the reason i come here as much as i can.
so my responce is no keep up the great work.:happy: :cool: :D