PDA

View Full Version : 14 pack 3 3/4 E2 figure set

INDIANA
04-16-2002, 07:00 AM
I saw cases of a 14 piece, 3 3/4 figure set at K-Mart this morning. 1 each of the first waves of C1&2. Case is labelled to be sold as a case of 14, NOT for individual sale. No idea how much, I don't think the store even owns a scanner. With a lot of bad paint jobs out there, I would think that if you are at all picky this would not be an item to pick up to make things easier.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-16-2002, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by INDIANA
I saw cases of a 14 piece, 3 3/4 figure set at K-Mart this morning. 1 each of the first waves of C1&2. Case is labelled to be sold as a case of 14, NOT for individual sale. No idea how much, I don't think the store even owns a scanner. With a lot of bad paint jobs out there, I would think that if you are at all picky this would not be an item to pick up to make things easier.

Was is labeled 'not for individual sale' by Kmart or was it a Hasbro sticker? That's pretty odd. I've only heard of complete cases being sold for Hot Wheels at TRU, not SW or any other toy line.

Maybe what Kmart is doing is repackaging cases with 14 different figures so all you have to do is pick up both a C1 and C2 to get all the figures being sold for 4/23 instead of having to grab all the different ones off the pegs. If that's the case maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea, as long as the cards and bubbles are in good shape.

JEDIpartner
04-16-2002, 11:13 AM
...or even if you don't give a rat's a** about the cards OR the bubbles! :D

Cotasnoova
04-16-2002, 11:28 AM
Wait. They are selling like a normal card board box or is it more like a dislay piece of all 14 figures?

INDIANA
04-16-2002, 12:47 PM
In a sealed Hasbro box with a big Hasbro sticker over the flaps saying not to break the factory seal. The sicker also has a list of the figures included.

You know, this kind of stuff really upsets me. I find it hard to believe I'm the first one on earth to know about this! Shouldn't our moderator of one of the other top guys here already know of this and give us all a heads up?! Then I get people...AGAIN...thinking I'm nuts or lying....whatever....

BanthaPoodoo
04-16-2002, 01:03 PM
It wouldnt surprise me one bit. They do this kind of thing with boxes of cards where they package like 8 packs with a do not break seal sticker.

<---hee hee, sebulba is my new avatar!

Beast
04-16-2002, 01:07 PM
Intresting news, Indiana. I wonder if this is some sort of exclusive K-Mart deal with Hasbro or somthing. It is pretty odd that we have heard no word at all about this until now. I wonder if buying the set in a sealed box works out to cheaper then buying them sepratly? I hate doing that though, because of the high chance of getting a bad paintjob.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

INDIANA
04-16-2002, 02:37 PM
I agree completely. I would NOT trust that all 14 figure have decent paint jobs. When I see them again I will try to get a price so at least I can post it.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-16-2002, 02:41 PM
Indy, do you remember if all 14 figures were different or if there were duplicates? That must be a longer case that for EP1, POTJ, or POTF since you can't double up the Saga figures.

LTBasker
04-16-2002, 11:21 PM
Hmm... should be around $100 for the case... When I got the preview figs from K-Mart they were $6.99 or something close to that so for 14 that'd be $97.86. Still cheaper to get'em at Wal-Mart. :D

Maybe the rumored Figure w/ Vehicle K-Mart exclusives aren't exclusive pack-ins but rather a deal where you buy the carded figure as a set with the vehicle.