PDA

View Full Version : Lucas Talks Boy Bands & Holiday Specials

BanthaPoodoo
04-16-2002, 02:45 PM
Saw this at TFN and thought if was pretty funny!!!

Lucas Talks Boy Bands and Holiday Specials
Tue, Apr 16, 02 06:54:39 AM EDT

MAXIM: If a certain boy band is indeed making a cameo appearance in AOTC, could you at least promise they'll be killed off in some excruciatingly gruesome way?
George: How About: They aren't even in the film. [laughs]

MAXIM: Any plans for a Special Edition of the Holiday Special?

George: [hangs head] Right. That's one of those things that happened, and I just have to live with it.

There is also a nice little interview with Sam Jackson. When asked as to why he picked a purple saber, he replied:

"I just figured a purple light saber would help me find all the lint on my robes so I could pick it off."

Eternal Padawan
04-16-2002, 08:28 PM
Maxim! Ooh! Does that mean my wish is coming true and Natalie is on the Cover?!?

Taichi
04-29-2002, 05:07 PM
Bwa Ha ha ha ha.....

after all these years, he is still ashamed of that loathsome Holiday Special.....

hmm, when are we gonna get the Ewok Movies on DVD????

heh.......

LTBasker
04-29-2002, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
Maxim! Ooh! Does that mean my wish is coming true and Natalie is on the Cover?!?

Calm down, that issue had the girl from the Scorpian King on it.

Freedom
04-29-2002, 10:52 PM
I haven't seen the Holiday Special since it aired. I'd love to see it again. Once I've seen it, I'll probably wish I hadn't.

BanthaPoodoo
04-30-2002, 12:29 AM
I was curious as to why everyone hated it.....

Let me just say, I wish I had never seen it too.........
Not good... not good at all......

Eternal Padawan
04-30-2002, 12:36 AM
Ever been curious to slice your eyes open with razors and pour beer in them?

bigbarada
04-30-2002, 03:41 AM
When I watched the Holiday Special for the first time it was with my (then) three year old nephew, who was absolutely mezmerized by it. At the end when my ears were still hurting from Leia's "lovely" singing voice, he stood up and cheered.

Thus I don't hate it as much as I would if I had watched it alone.

2-1B
04-30-2002, 03:45 AM
B, my ears were hurtin' from the (seemingly) hours of nonstop Wookiee growls and groans. :D

bigbarada
04-30-2002, 03:52 AM
That Wookie dialogue was pretty bad. I kept thinking that maybe they had fired the script writer just before filming and had to stretch the Wookie parts to fill the gaps.

In fact it seemed that they only had 15 minutes of story to fill a 2-hour special. Did anyone else notice how they stretched out almost every scene to fill the maximum amount of time possible?

Pendo
04-30-2002, 10:44 AM
What was with all the singing? Carrie can NOT sing like her mother could!!!!!!! I cringe every time she starts singing the song at the end!
There was NO action in the HS, appart from a few shots taken from ANH.
The special effects were s***, the story was b:eek:ll:eek:cks and the acting was irritating!
I used to like Chewbacca, but his family have totaly put me off the character.

I would be happy if I never hear the words "Holiday Special" again!

PENDO!

P.S. I still want it to come out on DVD though, so I can burn it! It would be good to listen to an actor's commentery.

Beast
04-30-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Pendo
P.S. I still want it to come out on DVD though, so I can burn it! It would be good to listen to an actor's commentery.
The Audio Commentary would be about 2 hours of Lucas saying: "Dear gods, what was I thinking." over and over again. He would only shut up for the cool Boba Fett cartoon, which is really the only reason to watch the holiday special. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Taichi
04-30-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
Ever been curious to slice your eyes open with razors and pour beer in them?

hmm, that would account for the Ewok Movies, but the holiday special would warrant Vinegar.......

Taichi
04-30-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
That Wookie dialogue was pretty bad. I kept thinking that maybe they had fired the script writer just before filming and had to stretch the Wookie parts to fill the gaps.

In fact it seemed that they only had 15 minutes of story to fill a 2-hour special. Did anyone else notice how they stretched out almost every scene to fill the maximum amount of time possible?

You say that as if there were a script writer......

they killed him and used his corpse to make the costumes!