PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone Make Dooku Deluxe Land on his Feet?

Tycho
04-16-2002, 03:34 PM
Please post a Flash animation file or something here!

I want PROOF!

Real proof mind you!

I tried everything. I went out and bought Star Wars Go-Gurts from Yoplait so I'd feel the Force.

I even got the cereal! - Captain Clones or whatever it is!

Anyway, I have plenty of Episode One accessory packs and I put a green saber in Dooku's other hand (so he's fighting with 2 sabers) and he looks pretty cool!

It's not that bad of figure. The wrist on the hand with the molded-in saber twists, and he turns at the waist, so it's possible to do more than one pose with him.

If you're going to set up several Duel scenes, the Flippy-Flop Deluxers are OK afterall. ... Sort of. With my Obi-Wan he has darker eyebrows and looks so much like Ben Afflick it's not funny!

I've seen an image of the Deluxe Obi-Wan with blonde eyebrows and it makes a little difference - helping him look like Ewan does in E2. So seriously, I am afraid to open Obi-Wan and think I might want to wait to see if I can find a paint variation. Yeah - I do care that much. I ate the darn cereal, mind you!

But post here if you can make them land on their feet!

How many attempts? (Liar!)

But the magnetized base is really strong in magnetic attraction, and the spring works good to actually flip them.

It's fun to play with this, even if you aren't successful. And it's actually addicting to keep trying.

Sith Lord 0498
04-16-2002, 03:49 PM
I've gotten the figure to land on its feet, but alas I can't provide a video or animation. Try doing slight variations on the illustration provided on the instructions. It's not the right pose, but it's close enough. It involves Tyranus being hunched over and his saber touching the base.

But try putting the figure in other metallic places. The magnets are VERY strong. I discovered this after it caught my can opener and hoisted it up a foot in the air. If you bend him backward and attach him horizontal off a metal towel rack, it looks like he's skydiving down on someone with his saber raised up in attack.

chewie
04-16-2002, 03:55 PM
Attach some weights to his lower legs. Sure it'll look ugly, but thats probably the only way you can make it land on its feet.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-16-2002, 05:12 PM
Tycho, the package says you have to have the force to make him land on his feet. Perhaps you need to drink some midichlorian-fortified wine or something. :)

NesteaFett
04-16-2002, 06:28 PM
Truly I am a master of the force. With great ease I can make him land on his feet at will. Obi, however, is more difficult.

LTBasker
04-16-2002, 11:28 PM
Instead of making him flip, make him HOP onto the base, then he'll stay on his feet. :D

If anyone has one of those LEGO studio things with the camera you might try that so I guess you could try holding the button down or something (is it frame by frame or do you have the movie and frame capture option?) and just hold the camera there while Dooku or Obi flips through the air onto the base then take some of the frames and make a gif or flash movie out of it. Or you can set a camera up and just sit there clicking the button constantly while one of'em does the flipping and just use the single pictures to make an animation.

JEDIpartner
04-18-2002, 01:40 PM
I can't get EITHER to land on its feet! :(

Jedi_Rainman
04-18-2002, 02:17 PM
Yeah...leave him in his plastic prison and he'll always be or land on his feet.