PDA

View Full Version : Six feet Under

THE Slayer
04-16-2002, 03:12 PM
I thought there was a thread for this already but I couldn't find it. Feel free to merge this.
But my question is, did anyone see this weeks episode? and if so what happened?

Eternal Padawan
04-16-2002, 07:03 PM
Keith called David and told him he had broken up with that other guy.

Nate was hitting on a chick rabbi who did a jewish funeral at the parlor.

The body (forgot his name)guy caught that guy he thought was messing around with his wife with another guy in his living room. (and when I say "caught" I mean CAUGHT. :eek: )

SithDroid
04-16-2002, 10:56 PM
His name is Rico and the guy he caught was his brother-in-law. The reason that him messing around with another woman is a big deal is because he is married to Rico's sister. Kind of crazy huh. I don't doubt that he won't keep this a secret.

Also Claire went to visit her aunt. Her aunt had a bunch of hippie chicks over who got drunk and high (among other things).

The little girl that Keith is taking acare of, her appendix burst and she was rushed to the hospital.

The mom was alone most of the time.

Brenda keeps on having fantasies about other men.

That's about it.

2-1B
04-16-2002, 11:49 PM
How could we omit Nate's imagination of the widow as a future Brenda? :eek: Since he hasn't told her about his head issue, it's a BIG plot point.

Sithdroid, I thought the guy who was helping Rico with his house was his cousin. I think he feared that something was up between him and Vanessa, so the discovery in the house was a shock. Correct me if I'm wrong though, I'm not 100% certain. :confused:

After Keith's niece went in to the hospital, he called David (who thought he was being stood up for dinner) and Dave went to be with Keith.

Hmmm . . .

At the party, Claire became friends with a young dude, nothing happened between them but he is seen in the previews for next week, so there might be a new love interest for our young redhead. Until Gabe rears his head again. :D

Brenda is still hanging out with her prostitute client, she confessed to her about the previous week's happenings . . .

That's all I can remember now, so I turn it over to JEDIpartnr . . .

SithDroid
04-16-2002, 11:58 PM
Oops, you are right caesar. It is Rico's cousin. I don't know what I was thinking. Sorry for the confusion everbody.

JEDIpartner
04-17-2002, 10:33 AM
This week's episode was totally packed!! There is so much confusion going on with each brother's relationships. I mean seriously, it was always pretty apparent that David and Keith would find each other again and some of that was shown through David's relationship with Keith's niece... that precocious little thing!

Brenda's a mess... I think there is a little more to that "Charlotte: Light and Dark" character that's still inside her. After all, her brother is total loon and her folks are dysfuctional as well!

Poor Ruth... look at her family. Maybe they ALL need to go on the "Plan". Aunt Sarah is a trip. I really like the fact that they are putting Claire into all of these really difficult situations where each tests her mettle. You can tell that she always wants to do the right thing, but her heart leads her elsewhere... great portrayal of teen life... for once!!!

Yes, the "other guy" is Rico's cousin. The funny thing about his cousin and his wife getting it on is the fact that Rico's wife was always dissing his cousin- he's an idiot, he's not a real house inspector, he can't do anything right... Jeez! Who knew THAT was coming? :rolleyes:

I can't wait for next week's episode. I hope these come out on DVD like "The Sopranos", "Sex and the City" and "Queer as Folk" have. Cable premiums really DO have some of the best shows out right now... something for everybody (as far as I can see)!

THE Slayer
04-17-2002, 04:21 PM
I thought Gabe died?? didn't he overdose, or am I making up my own plot points.. I know his little brother shot himself. Yeah I think I just assumed he was dead cause he's been gone..

Does anyone remember those "advertisements" that the first couple of SFU started with,, like the dirt shaker.. until they started the 'body of the week' things about the 3rd show in.

JEDIpartner
04-19-2002, 09:38 AM
Gabe is running from himself and the cops. The last episode in which we saw him was the one where Claire came to pick him up and they were arguing in the car. Some guy pulled up next to them at a light and Gabe shot the guy. Claire wised up and pulled over, Gabe got out of the car and Clair pulled away. that night Claire, David and Nate talked with Keith and made an official report of the incidents in which Gabe was involved.

SithDroid
04-19-2002, 12:17 PM
And now Gabe can be seen in commercials selling cars.:D

Jargo
04-19-2002, 01:09 PM
Y'know, this is like listening to a bunch of women talking about soap operas in a hair salon.... :crazed: Deeeeeeeep man...

2-1B
04-21-2002, 09:39 PM
Yeeeee Haaaaaa! Let's open a one-seven-five o' Jack and have ourselves a wake! :D Those bikers were awesome.
Hehehe, Keith's niece, "But it's Christmas, I want to watch the funeral."

:frus: Oh how I loathe you Billy, not only are you "ghoulish" but downright creepy.

Anyone else catch the possible juxtapostion of Nate and Billy? Bren complains about being Billy's nursemaid all those years, and now she's gonna take care of Nate. :( Her behavior of late is downright unacceptable, I don't care what kind of motivations she has (oh, that's right, she's writing a book). :rolleyes:

SithDroid
04-21-2002, 10:48 PM
Yeah, good episode. I KNEW that Federico was going to say something to someone. It'll be interesting to see how that all plays out. I like Federico and I wish he was in it a little bit more.

Billy, I feel something bad is about to happen now that he is talking to Claire.

Brenda, she just keeps on getting stranger and stranger with every episode. I'm waiting for her to actually end up cheating on Nate with some guy, or GIRL for tht matter seeing as this show has gotten so strange lately.

Claire, I'm gald that hippie kid is not going to be in it anymore. He was a whiney annoying upity little brat.

Nate, with him telling Brenda about his head condition, will only bring something else out of Brenda, the role of caretaker.

David, I'm glad that him and Keith are back together. David has been a lot less of such a stern character lately. He seems like he has been more happy and less uptight.

Keith, I'tll be interesting to see what is going to happen now that his sister is back.

Ruth, always a strange character and probably the hardest to figure out. Hopefully now that Nicoli is going to be around for a while she won't be as lonely. However, I think that he owes some money to some sort of MAFIA which is why he hasn't reported his legs getting broken.

Interesting episode all around.

2-1B
04-21-2002, 11:48 PM
Hopefully now that Nicoli is going to be around for a while she won't be as lonely. However, I think that he owes some money to some sort of MAFIA which is why he hasn't reported his legs getting broken.

Heh, I was thinking awhile back how cool it would be to see a Sopranos crossover (Just kidding, I wouldn't really hope for it) but this just might be the way to do it. :D

I should have stated earlier that I really liked the way they flashbacked A LOT to Pa Fischer. The freakiest thing is that he invited Claire along on that fateful Christmas Eve a year ago; thankfully she didn't go. :cry: And I liked seeing him in a scene with Rico. :)

JEDIpartner
04-22-2002, 11:19 AM
I haven't seen this week's episode...

Although I like the bit about last week with Rico's "wife"- I think Rico's getting it on with some "boys" as well... LOOK... it could happen! After all.. it IS Six Feet Under...

THE Slayer
04-22-2002, 04:15 PM
I'll have to disagree about rico and the boys.. (I haven't seen this weeks ep yet either) but he seems far too happy with his kids and has genuine drama with his wife, He was also really upset when he found his cousin, but maybe he's just afraid :)

2-1B
04-23-2002, 04:01 AM
Ah, but Slayer - Rico's cousin had the wife and kids and he must have liked havin' them around. Still, I'm with you, I don't think there's more to it than his phobia.

However Jpartnr makes a valid point too - Alan Ball has already used the storyline of a gaybasher who harbors contrary feelings in American Beauty. . . only Rico isn't a nazi.

THE Slayer
05-06-2002, 09:44 AM
Funniest line from last nights ep.. Ruth: "You can't explain it. You just do." when she told the russian why he wanted cherry deco contact paper in the bottom of his drawers.
Just thought I'd throw that out there.

2-1B
05-06-2002, 10:06 AM
Teehee, I liked how Ruth worried that those "ruffians" would come back. :)

I wanted to post in here last week but was too disgusted to do so. Brenda has completely snapped, I don't like her character anymore. And Nate has shown some real flaws lately too. ;)

I had to chuckle at Keith and David's squabbles now that they moved in together. David screaming about how he made the coffee stain on the couch was good comic relief from the despicable ways Keith's sister Carla has been dealing with the little girl. :mad:

THE Slayer
05-06-2002, 12:43 PM
The previews for next week's show didn't look all too exciting.
I guess Carla is finally going to be out of the picture,, It will be odd having keith be a "dad"

SithDroid
05-06-2002, 03:20 PM
Personally I think that this season is a "how much can we shock the audience" type season. So much stuff is messed up. I personally am not liking Brena anymore as well. I wish that Nate would dump her and stay with the girl he got pregnant. Claire is totally messed up, sometimes I just want to sla pher because she has the hardest time explaining herself or making choices, it gets real annoying. The David Keith relationship is pretty interesting. The whole part about Ketih turning in Carla was great, I never liked her and she deserved what she got. It's all thr little girls fault anyway becuase her mom told her not to tell and she did, stupid kid. I have a feeling that she is going to resent David for it now, but she should really be upset with herself. Where was Federico this week. He was hardly in it and I always look forward to seeing him in it. These last 3 episodes are going to be interesting to watch.

2-1B
05-08-2002, 12:18 AM
I just saw a new Hyundai commercial with Gabe from SFU ! :crazed:

pthfnder89
05-08-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
I just saw a new Hyundai commercial with Gabe from SFU ! :crazed:

Yeah, that Gabe commercial has been playing a lot here. It's actually kind of funny, but I keep thinking "That's not the Devil. That's Jesse from Buffy tVS! :D"

Question for anyone who has seen the whole season. I've been missing big parts of it because I don't have HBO.

What happened with the new guy Claire was dating? Where did he come from and what happened to him?

The reason I ask is because it turns out the actor is a guy named Stark Sands who I went to school with for 10 years. My friend (who I got hooked on watching SFU last season:D) has HBO and he told me last month that while he was watching it Stark showed up.
I didn't hear anything really good about him or his character, which makes me feel nice because I couldn't stand the guy in school :D

2-1B
05-08-2002, 01:50 PM
That character's parents were weird friends of Claire's aunt. He showed up several episodes ago when Claire visited aunt Sarah who had a party for her friends (involved drinking and topless cavorting around a campfire, plus God only knows what else). Claire and the boy (I can't remember his name) hit it off, but it was clear he was to "goody two shoes" for her. He was on again in another episode, but he broke off their fling because she's too negative.

I'm glad they removed the character, I didn't like him anyway. :crazed:

pthfnder89
05-08-2002, 01:52 PM
Thanks Ceasar!

I hate not having HBO anymore, the only time I can see SFU is when I'm at my moms house.:(

SithDroid
05-13-2002, 11:43 PM
Did anybody see last nights episode. I swear this season just keeps on getting stranger and stranger. I am quite frankly annoyed by Brendas character. I actually want her off of the show. I'd rather see Nate with the other girl he got pregnant than Brenda who is sleeping around, including the 2 guys after he told her about the kid. He told her his secret yet she is keeping hers a secret, I DO NOT LIKE THAT. She is becoming shallow.

David - He really kicked some major a** this episode. He stood up to Keith and to that chick who was going to sue them. Way to go.

Claire - She is so strange and completely hard to follow. You never know what she is thinking. I bet that she gets it on with her counsellor now that he broke up with his girlfriend.

Nate - I'm glad he told Brenda, now only if he would dump her and move on to the Rabii. She is hot.

Ruth - I hope Nikoli pays her back the money she gave Yuri.

Overrall a good episode, but I swear the show is turning into How much can we shock the audience IMO?

JEDIpartner
05-14-2002, 12:33 PM
Ruth is still too much of a "door mat". I like her character because she is so complex. It's like she is still taking baby steps to assert herself.

Nate should get together with Lisa (?) or the Rabbi. I think the Rabbi would be a better choice because Lisa's (?) a little too airy fairy and a granola girl.

Claire... she's a typical teenage kid from what I've seen. She's a little into the "dark" things, so I think she just says what she feels sometimes.
Brenda? Two words. "Shoot her."

pthfnder89
05-14-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr

Claire... she's a typical teenage kid from what I've seen. She's a little into the "dark" things, so I think she just says what she feels sometimes.
Brenda? Two words. "Shoot her."

Exactly. Claire is a typical depressed teenager. She acts trangely because she honestly doesn't know why she does half the things she does. Besides, it's not as though she grew up in a normal household;) so the things that seem strange to us probably aren't from her perspective.

As far as Brenda goes, it kills me how badly her character has turned out. She was honestly my FAVORITE person during the first season; interesting, honest, quirky. She deserved the Emmy she won.

But right now, I just want to strangle her. If they don't turn her around pretty quick she's goi ng to become totally unsalvagable.:(

THE Slayer
05-14-2002, 12:42 PM
Well I think they've managed to push brenda into the foreground as the "most talked about" character on the show. It seems everyone loves to hate her now. But hey she is psychotic. And where's the dad been? I miss his cameos, even if he is dead.

2-1B
05-14-2002, 02:16 PM
Richard Jenkins (Nathaniel Sr.) was on a few weeks ago, he was taunting Natey because he was considering a confession to Bren about the baby.
Nice to see Keith standing up to the old man, and David's getting a little more assertive too. :)
How about David's "visit" to that pawn being used by Mitzi (sp?) to sue them? CLASSIC! :D

SithDroid
05-20-2002, 11:25 PM
Did anyone see this weeks episode? It was really good. We actually got to see more of Federico, plus Nate found out about Brenda and the two surfer guys and they got into a huge fight and he threw his ring at her. Plus Nate's child is born. I can't wait to see the season finale. I hope now that they give Brenda the boot on the series, however I don't think that they will since she won a Golden Globe for the show. I'll probably get irritated with the show if Brenda and Nate stay together. He should really get together with the woman he had his child with.

Also I think the whole Ruth and Nikoli situation was stupid. They break up shorty after she gives him over $80,000. What is that all about? It doesn't make sense. Stupid writing if you ask me. I think that Nikoli would be more grateful to her and would start paying her back. But as I've said before this whole season has been, how much can we shock the audience.

2-1B
05-21-2002, 12:56 AM
Ruth should have Nik's legs broken again! :D

While I do not condone the manner in which Nate spoke :eek: to Brenda, I am glad he "gave" the ring back.

SithDroid, you are so right about Rico last night, I felt bad for the loss of his father. I know you are big on his character, and I too was glad to see some more of him. He looked funny with his younger hair. :)

No episode next week, the evening is being used by HBO to remember the :cry: World Trade Center.

THE Slayer
05-22-2002, 05:22 PM
..well.. It was better than last weeks.
very soapish,, will brenda and nate get back together?!?... will Ruth get Nikoli back..!?! will Yadda yadda...

JEDIpartner
05-23-2002, 09:28 AM
Well... I think Nate's reaction to Brenda would have been the exact same reaction any one of us would have had.

"Don't throw your ring at me... that is so cliche I'll puke"

(Nate takes off ring and throws it at Brenda) "There's your ring... now puke!"

Brenda just acts like she is so much better than everyone else and I think that Nate was getting a little sick of that. I felt that his reaction was meant to allow him to momentarily sink to her level while taking her down a couple notches.

Ruth... poor Ruth. I really like her. Don't ask me why. I suppose at some point in my life I've felt that I really wanted something so badly but never got what I felt I deserved. She's looking for a bit of happiness and Nikolai was just being cold. I wanted to smack the SH-T out of him... especially after she paid off the "ruffians"!

I'm glad that Claire may have found her niche... she really seemed happy.

Keith has some issues. Yow! I like the Taylor-David dynamic. She really seems to enjoy spending time with her. I think he is a good role model for her.

The Rico storyline was cool. A little kindness goes a long way. Don't ask and you shall receive... somehow. I operate under that ethic. Just be kind to everyone- you never know what effect that may have on you down the road. The initial connections we have with people may not be what they seem and the full impact may not come until years later.

2-1B
05-23-2002, 11:46 AM
JP, that was well said about Nate's actions. :cool: I was just taken aback that he called her a certain word. :(

I was thinking about Rico, and this is kinda morbid but given the tragic and gruesome circumstances of his father's passing, do you think that may have prepared him for his future career? The first time he met Nathaniel Fischer was for his father's funeral, so I think the service Nate Sr. provided plus the ordeal he went through helped make the transistion to restorative artist.
Just my impressions, they didn't go that far into his motives yet . . .

JEDIpartner
05-23-2002, 12:16 PM
I am quite certain that, since Rico's dad's face hit the pile of bricks, Rico was quite impressed by the fact that his father's face was returned to recognisable form. That and the gratitude that he felt toward Mr. Fischer really moved him to have this kind of loyalty for the family business as well. It was illustrated, in this past episode, that Rico is a kind and thoughtful guy. Obviously... since his unselfish deeds were rewarded.

JEDIpartner
06-03-2002, 08:26 AM
Season Finale...

I liked the connections that are being made (are you paying attention?) between the things David does and the things Ruth does. Their behaviour is virtually identical David to Keith and Ruth to Nikolai as well as her kids.

I'm glad that Nate finally told his mom about his illness. It was good to see some of the walls between the two of them being broken down. It was also interesting to see how Nate finished up his conversation with Brenda... where is that crazy bee-yatch off to?

The Nate-Claire scene was pretty cool as well. I thought the season, inspite of how outrageous it had been in the weeks before, came to a very nice and intimate close.

I still hope Nate and "Granola Girl" Lisa hook up. Cute baby...

Speaking of Claire... it was nice to see her fall apart during her interview at the art school. She has been Miss Dour and Sarcasm all the way along and now she FINALLY got in touch with her real feelings. This is why I think the character of Claire is one of the best written teens on television. She is real and completely conflicted. PERFECT!
Good to see Rico getting more involved in the family business. It seems the family is so distracted by everything else that is going on, that they can't attend to the business. I think Rico MAY, and that could always change next season, be a grounding person. Someone who will get things on track for the Fishers.

I was happy with the story arc for the season. I can't wait til next winter :eek: for the next season to start.

p.s.- thanks for the big $62 payback Nikolai! :rolleyes:

SithDroid
06-03-2002, 09:22 AM
The season finale was really good. I'm glad Brenda packed up all her stuff and is leaving. Nate should be with Lisa. I think his surgery will go fine because they are not going to kill off a major character to the show. I'm glad that Rico is a partner now. I really like David's character. He has really changed since the first season. I can't wait till the next season starts.

THE Slayer
06-03-2002, 10:41 AM
They could very well kill off nate, I remember reading(in an article when the show first aried) that they had a plot line that would basically run through three seasons, then if it got picked up again the would do something else.. I'm pretty sure SFU also got made because the hbo execs got to read the overall 3 season story arc, and apparently they liked it.

JP, I agree with your comment about ruth and david, it's just that ruth didn't end up rolling around on the floor with keith. :)

For some reason, I don't like Lisa, she just annoyes me.? But Claire is a great character as you said.
Did anyone else think that nates dad, or maybe God, would have been driving the bus at the end??

SithDroid
06-03-2002, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by THE Slayer
Did anyone else think that nates dad, or maybe God, would have been driving the bus at the end??

Yeah, I thought that Nates Dad would have been driving it, why was it empty?

Jargo
06-03-2002, 08:05 PM
Hmmmm, we get SFU over here for the first time on terrestrial tv this coming week. So I'll understand what the heck this mothers meeting in a hair salon is all about. From the trailers and teasers so far I'm thinking I'm gonna love this show. If it's odd - I'm in. :D

2-1B
06-04-2002, 12:43 PM
Hope to have you as a regular here Jargo! :D

No, NAte and Lisa should not end up together. Something too strange about her talking to ants. No thanks! But did you notice (how could you not :rolleyes: ) how Lisa now dresses exactly like Ruth? Reminds me of that Single White Female movie. :crazed:

So, the season finale - I LOVED it. Possibly the best episode yet. Oooh, was I frightened when the show started with a shot of Nate. Nah, they won't kill him so I expected it to be Aaron . . . :cry: I'm sorry I was right, that scene with Nate and the crying was painful. Very moving. :(

But I still haven't ruled out Nate's death in the 3rd season, and frankly if they kill him I may stop watching . . . well, if Rico gets a bigger role maybe not. :D

I remember before the season premiere, Peter Krause (Nate) was talking about how Alan Ball really pushed him this season and I'd say that the efforts paid off nicely. :happy:

Jargo
06-11-2002, 03:49 PM
Well the pilot aired here last night and I'm hooked. Nathaniel is cool. Nate is my new hero, David is gonna wind me up no end and I hated brenda from the moment she stepped on screen. Claire is really really cool and makes me wish I'd had a girlfriend as wacked as she is. Ruth has a funny mouth but the actress is really really fine so I can overlook the mouth thing. Rico is interesting love his wall of 'art' :)
I realise this is going to be a load of boring waffle to you seasoned fans but I'm gonna catch up and don't mind being spoiled, Those adverts for funeral stuff are really funny, do they run through the series or were they just in the pilot?

I'll probably have more to say once the series gets going and I know the characters a little better but thought I'd drop by to say it rocks. :happy:

2-1B
06-12-2002, 03:35 AM
Glad you liked it sir! :)

Nope, the ads for the funeral stuff will diminish, once the show is rolling they always open with a death scene (no 2 are the same IIRC). :dead: Some gruesome, some peaceful.

Nate is my favorite character, David I didn't like at first but I've warmed to him. :) You're in for some real treats with the Ruth character, and much to the delight of SithDroid and myself Rico will be given some room to expand as a character as well.

It will be cool to get your thoughts on the first season, I didn't bother to save every episode so I can't go back and watch them all again - that's what the inevitable DVD sets will be for! :D

Quick note on the season 2 finale - Did anyone notice "scary" Larry Drake (aka Dr. Giggles aka Benny from L.A. Law) as the health inspector? :D

Jargo
06-12-2002, 06:41 AM
When I said David would wind me up it was only because he's a tightly wound spring from the start. someone that repressed is sure to irritate because we can see that no-one would give a hoot what he gets up to but he can't.

nathaniels funeral was fantastic. I totally agree with nate about the sanitised way funerals are conducted as opposed to the greek (Italian?) way of letting it all out and weeping and wailing that he saw while backpacking round the world. In a strange way it's helped me get over a couple of deaths in the family. I'd been internalising the grief and hearing Nate scream about how crappy that is made me realise i had to let go. Cool. nothing like a real gutteral cry to clear the system. I hope more people start to let go like that and realise that there's no shame in showing emotion.

When my uncle died and we carried his coffin into the church, my brother and I took the feet end at the front and the rest of the bearers took the rear. Trouble was that they were all six feet tall and my brother and I are really short, so the whole weight slipped to the feet end and our shoulders. Guess they didn't nail the body down properly. So the coffin was twisting and waggling as we carried the body because the weight was way too much my uncle being like a really tall and heavy set guy. Got the coffin down the aisle and onto the trolley so the priest could bless him and do all that stuff they do, and as I turned to take my seat I wacked the trolley and it spun off into the pews. If I hadn't been so upset I'd have burst out laughing. Wish i had now. Funerals are way too sombre. They should be about celebrating the life of the person not indulging in grief with dull grey sermons and all of that incense wafting and crap. I know some like it but there should be an alternative available. When i go I want a big party not a weep fest. I'd like a big party on the edge of a live volcano and then the climax is when my body gets thrown into the volcano. I don't want my ashes scattered over a small plot of church yard or something, i want my ashes to be spread across the world when the volcano blows, I got ambitions! :D

Anyway, enough of me pontificating, I have to say that the house the Fischers live in is massive. I know that it's home and funeral parlour too but it seems enormous, like the Munsters or the Adams family homes. guess that's intended huh?

2-1B
03-01-2003, 03:10 AM
Is everybody ready for the premiere of season 3 tomorrow night? :)

I've seen the preview on HBO a few times now, and it gives away so very little. I'm not too excited for it since there are no big teasers but what I've seen it looks interesting. Rico is a partner now, so I assume that will bring about osme fun conflicts. :D

It looks like Nate will have some more great scenes with his father, I don't expect his medical situation to be cleared up anytime soon.

:)

2-1B
03-02-2003, 09:14 PM
Pretty cool premiere ! :)

Whew, I was freaked out at the beginning - I was afraid my worst nightmare had come true. :D

However, it wasn't all good news since Nate is now married to Lisa. :crazed: I can't wait for Brenda to be back on the show . . .

The Keith and David scenes were teriffic tonight, the entire scene in 'couples therapy' was great. While cooking dinner together, I LOVED it when Keith said "I love you. Now give me the carrots." :p

I hope Rico isn't so uptight all season . . . but I'm sure it will make for some great conflicts with Nate ! :)

THE Slayer
03-03-2003, 05:46 PM
There were definitely a lot of perks in the episode,, I really hope Lisa's roomate is featured as the 'body of the week' next time. She wins the award for 'quickest to be annoying' in a about .45 seconds.
My favorite part were the 'de ja vu' scenes.

2-1B
03-03-2003, 11:36 PM
That was Catherine O'Hara as Lisa's boss/roomate and I agreed with Nate's assessment . . . what did he call her? A "lunatic" ? :D

Poor Ruth, she didn't know about the peanut butter risk. :(
At least Lisa filled her in! :crazed:

Bring back Brenda! :)
But please, NOT Billy . . . :crazed:

JEDIpartner
03-04-2003, 08:46 AM
Great start to the new season!!!

Nice way they used Nates "death" as the "death of the week"! Catherine O'Hara IS a lunatic! Hahahaha... swim those laps, baby!

I wish they would have done a little more with Claire, but that can wait.

SithDroid
03-04-2003, 04:55 PM
What's all this Brenda talk about? They should NOT bring her back. They totally messed up her character and Nate deserves to be with Lisa. Lisa is far better for him anyway. What's up with Claire always dating these loser alternative guys?

2-1B
03-04-2003, 09:22 PM
But SithDroid, Lisa TALKS to ANTS ! :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Oh, Brenda will be back, it's only a matter of time. ;)

I agree on the issue of Claire and that sleazy crematorium ricker dude. :D

JEDIpartner
03-05-2003, 11:30 AM
Typical teen-age girl thing. I know a couple of those where I work. They are all into skank and "the wrong guy" thing. The obssess over it. They pine for it. Strange lot these young straight gals.

2-1B
03-10-2003, 01:51 PM
Well well well, surprise SURPRISE Claire ! Your "boyfriend" turned out to be a real scumbag. :rolleyes:
Oh well, what does it matter to her, anyway? You are so right about that, JP. :D

I was really freaked out by the opening sequence, I was sitting there watching it and just feeling sorry for the guy in his kitchen because I "knew" he was going to die. But instead they went with that horrible shooting at an office, and I just felt sick. Purely disgusted at the thought of it, because it's happened too often these past years. :cry:

I was really hoping to see Frederico talk to the killer's "ghost" , and I think that scene worked really well. At first I was not liking Rico at all this season . . . and in many ways I still don't - but this part of the plot was a good way to talk about some of those issues (funeral for the murderer, family involvement, etc.) and I think it was done very well.

Still, Rico needs to settle down because he's too bullish as a new partner. Oh I'm sure David and Nate could pick up a little more slack of their own. Yet, Rico has plenty to learn himself, especially about how to deal emotionally with the customers. :D

I almost forgot - Kathy Bates rocked. :cool:

JEDIpartner
03-10-2003, 02:06 PM
Man! I'm so mad I have to wait until Wednesday night at 9:00 to see this new episode!! :mad:

2-1B
03-11-2003, 01:32 AM
Well, then I hope I didn't spoil it too much JP. :D

Watch it, it's a great episode. :cool:

JEDIpartner
03-11-2003, 10:21 AM
that's okay... my mum always tells me what happened on "Queer as Folk" and then I get to see the tape of it, like, a week later. I don't have SHOWTIME.

My mum is so funny abou that... she gets so excited telling me what happened on the show. Gotta love her!

2-1B
03-11-2003, 11:51 AM
Cool, then it's okay for me to post the following SPOILER:

I was reading the episode guide and accompanying article in Entertainment Weekly and it said Brenda will be back in the 5th episode of this season. :)

THE Slayer
03-11-2003, 10:06 PM
Does anyone else think that 'Lisa or (her boss?? the annoying one!!) will be featured as the 'body of the week' I have the feeling one or both of them will or should be!
I guess I could see if they were signed to the whole season or not? But then again they could still die even if they did have a contract, dead people still get jobs on this show.

JEDIpartner
03-13-2003, 01:50 PM
MAN! That was a totally cool episode! Rico was completely out of control with his morality thing. It was a business and I can see David's point about how the killer was someone's "son, who they loved."

Lisa's boss should be shot immediately. Lisa reminds me of my friend Connie. She is a little flakey sometimes... and Lisa's the same way. I hope Keith and David get things sorted because that whole storyline is getting on my nerves a bit.

Kathy Bates... excellent as always. Poor Ruth... more nursemaiding for her. I DID like the line about how she'd break her sister's arm if she had to... :D

What to do about Claire...? STOP dating losers, girlie!

JEDIpartner
03-18-2003, 08:11 AM
Okay... this past week's show was AWESOME!!! I wanna kick Claire's butt for staying with that nasty looking guy.

What is up with Kathy Bates and Ruth? Stealing?!!! Too funny!

I'm glad Lisa finally spouted off to her boss. I would have had it a long time ago. Those rants and demands were clearly insane and completely unreasonable. It's sort of like working where I do! I kinda spouted off yesterday. I feel bad for doing that now, but what can I say. When you've had enough... you've had enough!

2-1B
03-18-2003, 12:13 PM
I agree. Catherine O'Hara was great as her boss but MAN was she annoying ! :crazed:

The "eating cake in her white place" segment was hilarious!

Claire's new art friend looks familiar, I just don't know where I've seen him . . . at least she should be over the crematorium guy now. Right? :(

2-1B
03-31-2003, 12:19 AM
"Mice have germs, they deserve to die." :D :D :D

The new apprentice seems VERY intriguing, I can't wait to learn more about him.

Brenda's return was very low key - I loved it !

JEDIpartner
03-31-2003, 02:02 PM
He was pretty creepy... kinda like Ruth!! I'm so sad that Kathy Bates's character has gone away. She was a lot of fun. Claire needs to stop haging out with those idiot guys (including her teacher!)

That whole Nate/Brenda/Lisa thing is gonna get messy!!!!!! :eek:

THE Slayer
04-02-2003, 04:21 PM
I don't think I liked this weeks ep as much as last week. There were a couple of really funny lines,, all which escape me right now. Keith is really gonna blow this season, maybe sooner than later.

THE Slayer
04-06-2003, 11:01 PM
What did Ruth say when she sniffed the hankey? If anyone caught it?

2-1B
04-07-2003, 03:00 AM
Arthur rocks ! :cool:

I think it's so cute, Ruth first scheduling different dinner times but then renting weird flix with him. :D
Hey, why not? Her husband is gone, she's had 2 failed romances, David now lives with Keith, Nate is busily married, and Claire is off cavorting with skanks. Kathy Bates left, her sister Sarah is a user, so it makes perfect sense to befriend Arthur. :crazed:

Originally posted by JediBrian
Man, this show was good last season, now it's beginning to turn into an hour drama which Jerry Springer would endorse. You got Ruth falling for Kathy Bates and a kidd half her age. You got Nate fantasizing about Lisa giving his own mom a foot massage. Ya got Brenda screwing every guy she meets.

WHAT ?
Brenda's first appearance this season was LAST week, so all of this "screwing" took place last season . . . NOT this season. ;)

Claire is a misguided teenager that will likely end up pregnat by seasons end. You have the aunt strung out on pain killers. We have Nate the schitzo talkin to dead people.

:confused: Nate talking to dead people????
That's happened since the first season, also don't forget about David and Rico talking to dead people as well. ;)

Yeah, Brenda having sex with her brother.

:confused: I remember him wanting to carve his name from her skin, nothing beyond that. :confused:

Of course we got two *** men kissing in every scene they are in (we got the point HBO, they are *** now move on).

Oh yes, "of course." :rolleyes:

A) They don't kiss in every scene, I would venture that it's your discomfort with the material that allows you to exaggerate that claim.

B) They're g a y. G a y couples kiss. G a y couples fight. We've seen that . . . oh . . .how many times now from Keith and David? They have explored so many areas of that relationship, but let's just get hung up on the "kissing." :rolleyes:

We got the point HBO, Nate and Brenda had sex a lot, now move on. :rolleyes:
We got the point HBO, Nate and Lisa are married so they kiss, now move on. :rolleyes:

I hope the producers stop forcing their liberal propaganda down our throats and start making the shows enjoyable again. Just stop shocking us, It's getting old. Thank you.

I hope people who are so uncomfortable with a g a y couple just refrain from watching this show instead of marginalizing it as "propaganda." :rolleyes:
I hate to break it to you, but this show has partly been about g a y characters since the very beginning when it was supposedly "enjoyable." :)

I'm not g a y and only have a handful of g a y people in my life - frankly, I love the fact that we get to see actual g a y characters. Honestly, I'm disappointed in the criticism that HBO is just going for "shock value" by showing men kissing. Really, the show is about sooooooo much more than that. Keith and David are rather complex characters in that they are shown to be multifaceted, just like Nate and the other straight characters.

:) :) :) :) :)

2-1B
04-07-2003, 11:26 AM
What is your problem????

Want me to answer that ? ;)

Do you not get it???? The show is not PARTLY about and *** subject, the writer is *** and he wants the WHOLE world to know...like all *** men who come out of the closet.

Oh okay, it's totally g a y. But wait, what's this -

This show is mainly about a dysfunctional family (it should be) but now it's turned into a total shock fest. How can you NOT see that???

Oh, but you said the show isn't "partly" about the g a y couple, so how can it find time to be about a dysfunctional family? :confused: Oh yes, "it should be." How can I "NOT" see that? Ummmmm, probably because IT'S BEEN THAT WAY FROM THE BEGINNING ! :stupid: Some claim that the show is too soap-peraish right now, and I respect that criticism. You're giving the impression that the show just recently turned into this g a y shockfest when it hasn't . . . it started out that way. Oh, maybe it was alright since David was "in the closet" in the beginning? Shame on him for leaving his proper place. :rolleyes:

Yes, Brenda was screwing all those guys last season, what's your point/?? And Nate doesn't just "TALK" to the dead...he sees them, he interacts and he goes on a Sunday drive with dead people. Yes Rico and David are just as nutty.

My point is that it was LAST season when you included that complaint in describing THIS season. :rolleyes: You said the show was good last season, yet you complained about Brenda to show how bad this season is. That's my point. :stupid:

And Nate doesn't just "TALK" to the dead...he sees them, he interacts and he goes on a Sunday drive with dead people. Yes Rico and David are just as nutty.

Right, and again my point is that they've been doing that the whole time . . . not just this season. The point was not that Nate literally went on a ride with the dead guy, he was just living out a mini-fantasy which he picked up while preparing the guy's funeral. If you took that literally, well maybe you watch too many movies. ;)

And he JUST tried to carve his name in Brenda's skin. LOL. Yes, Brenda did elude to having sex with him if you remember. I would venture that you get too much pleasure seeing two men kiss.

Oh of course you would, based on your previous ramblings. :rolleyes: If Keith and David were only about sex, I wouldn't be interested in their story. Claire is foolish in her sexual escapades, but I still watch it for her character. But since Claire and Nate aren't g a y , we won't worry about it, eh ? :rolleyes:

Go ahead though - make a thinly veiled insult if you like, doesn't bother me. :)

Gimme a break buddy, I didn't say it discomforted me.

No, you only said "Just stop shocking us" . . . and since I KNOW you weren't talkng about me, you could only be talking about yourself. ;)

I laugh at the fact that they kiss ALL the time, when they are "supposed" to be this struggling couple. And I laugh at the fact that when they do kiss there 0 chemistry there, yet producers still have them kiss kiss kiss cause it shocks people. We have explored that this *** couple can hardly stick together without having sex all the time.

I know several "struggling" couples who stay together and have sex "all the time." Doesn't sound like such propaganda to me . . . or very shocking for that matter. The behavior is sometimes shocking to me, but not in terms of being g a y or straight.

And knucklehead, stop obsessing about this *** issue. I wasn't harping on the G A Y thing, YOU did...I mentioned one thing about the *** kissing thing.

A Hahahahahahahahahahaha. So . . . we should just ignore that comment about "liberal propaganda" ? ? ? :D You mentioned one thing about the g a y kissing and then hammered away on it as being propaganda. Harping, indeed. :rolleyes:

Geeeeeze. Brenda is screwing alll these guys, and she has this "condition" She is a sex-a-olic or whatever. Pleaseeeeeee, Only a liberal would give a slut a term like that. LOL.

She has broader issues than just sexual ones. Don't forget Nate's sluttiness though, as they got together within 5 minutes of meeting each other in the first episode.
So is it okay then to show Nate as sexually loose but not David or Brenda? :confused:

Would Brenda make your "Top 5 Hottest" list ? :confused:

C'mon now...the show is implying that Ruth has a crush on Kathy Bates. And the aunt being a hippie and Claire is this "great" artist?

Yes, maybe a friendly crush, but I never took it to be a sexual crush. :)

C'mon bud...can't ya see it's a forcing liberal propaganda just a little? Man, you liberals AND you conservatives make me sick. But hey, at least the conservatives don't control the media.

And where are you in the political spectrum ? Since you ignorantly made it a black and white issue about "liberals and conservatives" which side are you on?

Myself, I'm on neither side (not that you'd know) but I expect you to hold yourself to the same "either/or" labels that you use on others. ;)

JEDIpartner
04-08-2003, 11:19 AM
I'm just happy that people like me are being represented on television at all... I'd prefer them to be shown in a "normal" light like this (from time to time) than some huge send-up of the "stereotype."

I think the show is starting to relax a little bit and have a little fun. There's nothing wrong with that. Ruth having someone to have fun with whether in a friend (Kathy Bates) or a guy she's crushin' on. Look... she's human and we ALL have feelings of desire and emotions that need to be addressed.

Thank goodness there are people out there with enough guts to write about and portray these elements on telly. What's really sad when someone feels they need to hide behind "macho bravado" and cannot experess tenderness and vulnerability because they feel it's a compromise of sorts. The same goes for women who are afraid to be strong because people will think they are just 'yatches.

"SFU" is great telly and a little truer to life than some of us are willing to admit or too sheltered to realise.

THE Slayer
04-08-2003, 10:37 PM
Thanks, Caesar and JP for saying what would have took me far too long to type. I have trouble getting to the point :)

JEDIpartner
04-09-2003, 07:56 AM
Anytime, friend... :)

2-1B
04-20-2003, 10:12 PM
Hey JP, do you like cheese ? :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Funniest episode I can remember ! :D

Keith and the Paintball game was GREAT, I loved how hardcore he got, taking it mega-seriously. :D "Jean. Tripplehorn." :D

Poor Julio, I felt bad for the little guy. For Vanessa as well. :cry: I must say that tonight was my favorite Rico-story from season 3. It's good to have him back !

Um, as for "Sarge", he was a bit alarming . . . "it's cold out there" . . . WELL MAYBE IF YOU WOULD NOT BE STRIPPED DOWN TO A PAIR OF GRIPPIES, YOU WOULDN'T BE COLD YOU FREAK ! :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

DarthBrandon
04-20-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
Hey JP, do you like cheese ? :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Funniest episode I can remember ! :D

Keith and the Paintball game was GREAT, I loved how hardcore he got, taking it mega-seriously. :D "Jean. Tripplehorn." :D

Poor Julio, I felt bad for the little guy. For Vanessa as well. :cry: I must say that tonight was my favorite Rico-story from season 3. It's good to have him back !

Um, as for "Sarge", he was a bit alarming . . . "it's cold out there" . . . WELL MAYBE IF YOU WOULD NOT BE STRIPPED DOWN TO A PAIR OF GRIPPIES, YOU WOULDN'T BE COLD YOU FREAK ! :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Man I thought tonights episode was hilarious, the wife and I couldn't stop laughing at the Keith/David/Sarge trio thing that went on. The paintball part was pretty cool mainly when keith killed David's funny friends, that was priceless. Rico seems to have found some brass monkeys and finally said something to his beloved Vanessa, that was good.

What's with women wanting to know everything about a guys previous girlfriend anyways, never understood that. I have never once even cared to know about a girls ex, why do they need to know about our ex-girlfriends anyhow.

The whole dam family is nuts and I guess that's what we like about the show.:D

P.S. Good Rants Caesar and JP, it took a long time to read it all, but it was well put.:D

THE Slayer
04-21-2003, 10:36 PM
My favorite line came from Ruth, when she was serving the children cheese. "You'll have to help yoursleves. I'm out of control."
Priceless.

JEDIpartner
04-25-2003, 10:58 AM
That line was so perfectly delivered!!!

The whole episode was one of the best in the series so far. The whole thing with "Sarge" was pretty odd, though... even for what one might believe of the "lifestyle."

Ruth is totally stealing the season, though. Well done!

Did someone say "cheese"?? :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

THE Slayer
05-06-2003, 06:02 PM
HELLO, I'm being clever over here!

JEDIpartner
05-12-2003, 11:05 AM
Not THAT clever... :rolleyes:

==============================================

HEY!!!! I've missed the last two episodes due to family commitments and I'm too stupid to remember to set the VCR even when the episodes are re-broadcast!

Can someone PLEASE tell me what's going on???

2-1B
05-12-2003, 12:18 PM
JP,
Claire has ditched Russell because he "fooled around" with Olivier (their teacher). :mad:

The big story is Lisa's disappearance, she left to visit her sister and called Nate from an ocean rest stop . . . then he never heard back. That was last week, and now this week they found her car in the same place. No word on her whereabouts, but Ruth thinks she is dead.

Ruth has a new love interest coming in, played by the wonderful James Cromwell.

Rico is having some problems, since Vanessa is depressed (following her mother's death). Her sister is not much help, she only serves to antagonize Rico and "get in the way."

Last week, Keith and David went to visit Taylor and Keith's parents - Keith confronted his dad for past abuse as a child, his dad got upset with Keith and reinforced his disgust with Keith for being g a y. David tried butting in but Keith snapped on him . . . so they are on thin ice. Last night however, Keith was very calm and caring as he helped Nate and David with the search for Lisa. Next week's preview doesn't look too good for Keith and David though . . .

Last night's show ended with Nate in a motel on the ocean near Lisa's car in case she returns. David and Claire showed up for support, and they all hugged as Nate broke down and cried. :cry:

On the Chenowith front, last week Billy tried slipping Brenda the tongue, and she flipped out on him. He tried to pass it off as just affection, but being the sick POS he is, Brenda left. So this week we found them with their mother, debating where to spread their dad's ashes. The psycho mom got ticked and just dumped them over the balcony into the street. :rolleyes: Billy confessed to Brenda that he "loves" her (in a gross way) so she's not pleased with that of course . . . that nut job believes that if he tells her how he "feels" then he might be able to shake the crush. YUCK ! :mad:

That's all I remember off the top of my head, maybe someone else can hop in here. Oh, HBO.com might have some useful episode summaries as well. :) I know they always do for The Sopranos . . .

THE Slayer
05-12-2003, 06:45 PM
My favorite moment was between claire and the teach, when he let them pick their own grades. as claire said "Hello, I'm being clever here!" was pretty much the point of their diatribe. I can't type their conversation It would all be censored. Funny, but censored.

JediTricks
05-12-2003, 08:53 PM
Six Feet Under = the biggest budget soap opera in history. What about ER? :D

JEDIpartner
05-13-2003, 02:03 PM
thanks for the update!!! That's some seriously messed up stuff... I love this show!!!!! I actually saw the episode from 11.05.03 (this past Sunday... on HBO2's rebroadcast) but was missing 27.04.03 & 04.05.03... I'll take a look at the HBO site to get the deets on the last one from April.

Thanks again!!!

...I can't watch "ER" anymore... you also forgot "West Wing" ;)

JediTricks
05-14-2003, 07:00 PM
ER is supposedly the most expensive show on TV... plus, I don't watch the West Wing. ;)

2-1B
06-02-2003, 08:46 PM
Goodbye Lisa, I'll miss you. :cry:

Do you think they'll use season 4 to deal with the hunt for her killer? (if she even WAS killed, but that's a possibility)

Gabe was back ! :) I'm sorry he's dead but it was good to see him. And his brother. :cry:

Oh yeah, Claire is pregnant. How predictable was that? She'll get an abortion of course because those liberal writers have to make a point.

And what point might that be? ;)

Honestly, a few weeks ago I thought you may have a point there but now I must disagree. Keep in mind that I am 'pro-life' and opposed to abortion, that's the perspective from which I write this. :)

Okay, so she decided on the abortion which I disagreed with. On one hand, she wrestled with the decision and on the other hand she casually asked Brenda for a ride because "I gotta get an abortion." I thought that illustrated the extremes on the issue, some people take it seriously while others don't think so much about it. Either way, Claire wrestled with the decision regardless of whether or not you think she did the right thing.

Still, I could see how you might make the accusation of it having a liberal slant - but not after last night's show. The shot of Lisa with Claire's baby was absolutely heartbreaking, I thought it went WAYYY beyond political boundaries there. If they were just going with a pro-choice slant, I think they would have brushed off the consequenses of her decision.
Breaking down during her mother's wedding to James Cromwell ? I thought that was well done, it's not like she just went about her business without emotional consequence. :)

I KNOW SSG does not need an abortion debate :D but I just had to express my 'pro-life' reaction to the Six Feet Under abortion storyline. I wish the character would have made a different choice but I applaud the way they handled the storyline. It felt pretty realistic as I'm sure many people go through those same experiences.

JEDIpartner
07-06-2004, 03:32 PM
"Arthur, I think you are respsonble for sending us the feces box and the feces gift basket."

Nuff said!

THE Slayer
07-07-2004, 12:09 AM
Wow. Its been a long time since this post has been posted in... But I must agree JP. "nuff said!"

Best show EVER.

2-1B
07-07-2004, 12:47 AM
I was thinking of starting a Season 4 thread but I'm just not into this season as much.

The season premiere was outstanding and I felt really bad for Nate as he pulled the bait and switch with Lisa's remains and the ashes of that guy from 30 years ago.

However, I just wasn't into the past 2 episodes that much . . . hopefully it will get back on track soon - I won't give up on it ! :D

Arthur and the feces was great but now it looks like he's gone ? That sucks.

I like Keith's deal with the new job and how he was acting straight when the guys were checking that girl out. :crazed:

There wasn't a new episode last week, right ? It looked like they were just re-airing the first 3 episodes so I didn't bother to watch.

JEDIpartner
07-07-2004, 01:04 PM
Yeah... it was a mini-marathon of the first three of this season. I was kinda glad about that because I DID miss episode 3. Poor Brenda... trying to get her life on track and she just ends up with another freak in the box! :)

2-1B
07-08-2004, 12:57 AM
I don't like that new boyfriend of Brenda's. Uh, the noizes he was making from across the yard were a complete joke. I mean seriously, who the hell would do that ? :D
I just can't empathize with him and his sexual issues.

Speaking of sexual issues, how about Rico ? :D I hope that guy turns it around because that Vanessa is a good dame. Her sister on the other hand . . . :rolleyes:

THE Slayer
07-18-2004, 09:59 PM
This weeks ep had to be one of the most disturbing by FAR!!!

No words at the moment.....

2-1B
07-19-2004, 12:34 AM
I didn't like it. Well, I enjoyed it for a time but then it just got goofy.

That hitchhiker was a total POS and I really wanted David to kill him when he knocked him over through the van door. Shame on David for picking up a drifter when he had a corpse in the back . . . very unprofessional and unethical.

I really hate that Olivier, by the way. He was on last week but thankfully was not around this episode (Even though Brenda's 'mother' talked about him tonight).

Nate continues to have a fan in me.

What is up with Keith and David ? I don't understand their promiscuity outside their own relationship . . .

JEDIpartner
07-19-2004, 09:38 AM
Oh, Tony... "open relationships" are so "modern". Get with the times, man! :rolleyes: Loads of people, gay and straight, are in them but I guess I just live in "Ozzie & Harriet" land and am content in my monogamous relationship.

I wanted to slap Brenda's mom. She's just a whinging twit.

The storyline with David and hitcher better have a point. That was just too long and drawn out for me to have cared that much.

Nate was great, as always.

I want to slap Rico as well. It looks like he's gonna get it soon anyhow.

I'm getting really sick of James Cromwell... which means he's doing a great job as are the writers. I'm just on pins and needles for next week's episode where Ruth blows up on him at the dinner table!! :D

THE Slayer
07-19-2004, 01:46 PM
I always like it when ruth blows up on people.. Good stuff still to come.

2-1B
07-20-2004, 12:01 PM
That's right JP, you're so antiquated in your monogomy. :D

Well, that storyline with the Hitcher might have a point. I mean, the previews for next week make it look like Keith is trying to get David to report the attack but he won't do it ? As I said earlier, I think it was unethical to pick that guy up on a body pickup AND David was obviously fantasizing about that guy so for those 2 reasons, maybe he doesn't want to come forward ? It could be interesting, we'll see . . .

James Cromwell is a big dork and I love it ! I always liked him as an actor and I think he's great as this weirdo. His son bothers me, however. Rightfully so. :p

JEDIpartner
07-20-2004, 03:39 PM
Lou totally gave up on this show as of this last episode. I still enjoy it though. No worries here.

JEDIpartner
08-02-2004, 10:52 AM
Okay... Lou caught a bit of last week's episode and saw all of this week's episode! He's back. :)

Last night's episode was a really good one. I'm glad Keith came out to his fellow bodyguards. I was getting a little tired of him pretending. David needs to get professional help... not "calm down"! That boy is gonna have a meltdown.

Claire was brilliant as usual. Regarding Mena Suvari's "advances": "Okay, fine. We'll do it. Let me go brush my teeth first." :p

I was really happy to see Ruth's sister and the long-awaited return of Kathy Bates!!! That was a real surprise. I honestly didn't expect to see her return. With the appearance of Kathy Bates, one can expect some changes in Ruth. She always seems to be the impetus for such things. This is gonna get good!!!

It was nice to see the actress who played Lisa return to the character, if only in spirit/Nate's subconscious form.

JEDIpartner
08-03-2004, 12:47 PM
What is up with Rico?!!! His wife confronts him. He denies any shenanigans. She leaves. He goes to see the ho and gets it on with her?!!!!

MAN!

BTW... Heywood Jablomey :D

2-1B
08-05-2004, 04:01 AM
Sure. :crazed:

I loved the past 2 episodes. Very cool.

How about that birthday dinner ? :D

Claire was awesome:

"Mom, it can't just be the women clearing the table."

Keith and Rico look at each other and get up to help

"Now it's just the women and people of color."

:p

JEDIpartner
08-05-2004, 07:57 AM
Claire on drugs was completely hilarious!!! What was the word she kept using...? Was it "Amazing"? :p

2-1B
08-05-2004, 12:11 PM
"Mom, you are so amazing." :D

JEDIpartner
08-05-2004, 02:16 PM
Yep! There you go!!! :)

Turbowars
08-05-2004, 08:41 PM
I was kind of weirded out on how David played down his kidnapping. I just thought it was, well stupid to pretend you didn't almost die.

I love this show, but man Nate needs to hook back up with Brenda bad. Nate is really starting to remind me of Charlie from Party of Five.

The gay parts are kind of funny to me. It's not everyday you see 2 men getting down. I'm not bashing gays, so please don't get bent. I'm not gay so it's hard to understand, but what ever floats your boat.:)

JEDIpartner
08-06-2004, 08:15 AM
I think David is playing the kidnapping down because he is trying to avoid it and get his life back to normal. It's quite common for people to sweep a traumatic event under the rug because it is very upsetting and causes great distress.

JEDIpartner
09-14-2004, 08:34 AM
I really enjoyed the season finale. I think it's great that Vanessa isn't taking Rico back and has asked for a divorce. That's a sensible course. I wonder if she'll hold to that.

What's up with George? My partner works as a mental health assessor and said that his actions seemed to reflect schizopherenia. It's entirely possible seeing as he became increasingly paranoid. His daughter seems to know know something is amiss.

I'm a bit worried about the direction Claire has taken. Is she being seduced by "the dark side"? ;) Once unsure and self-doubting, she has gotten full of bravado and a little too drug dependant. I'm seeing her as "Clairevita"... sleeping her way to success. :(

David and Keith... meh. I really don't know how I feel about the two of them. I think their characters portray homosexuals in a poor light. I don't know many people who behave in the way they do... casual flings and so forth. It's just wrong.

I'm glad that Nate got his life sorted. I was shocked that Lisa's brother-in-law just shot himself right in front of his wife and Nate. That was unexpected. it will be interesting to see how Lisa's family interacts with Nate and Brenda in the months after this very revealing event.

The season was a little uneven but I am glad I rode it out. The finale was a good pay-off and I'm looking forward to the next season. Well done!

JEDIpartner
09-17-2004, 11:08 AM
Just watched it again... REALLY enjoyed all the nuances in the stories. Except for Keith and David. :frus:

2-1B
09-18-2004, 02:08 AM
Yay David !
It was good to see him take on the perp that way.

JP, I'm with you in that I'm glad I rode out the season. Bring on season 5, it should be a blast. Claire is ticking me off with her drug use and that's just great, now she's doing Billy Chenowyth. :rolleyes:

Hey, I posted about the new SFU trading cards in the unpopular and unvisited Cards Forum . . . :D . . . I have a few extra sets so if anybody wants one, let me know ! :)

:Ogre:

2-1B
03-02-2007, 09:16 PM
Nate was hitting on a chick rabbi who did a jewish funeral at the parlor.

That rabbi was Molly Parker who played the (twice :D ) widowed Alma Garrett Farnsworth on Deadwood. :)

How could we omit Nate's imagination of the widow as a future Brenda? :eek: Since he hasn't told her about his head issue, it's a BIG plot point.

Yeah, I'd say the head issue was a plot point all the way through season 5. :cry:

UKWildcat
06-08-2007, 01:40 PM
For those of you who may not check out the DDD sale thread, here is a great deal that can be had:

"You can pick up the Box Set of SIX FEET UNDER for a mere $114.99 from Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000HEVZBW//ref=nosim/surpass-20); it is their deal of the day. Most people charge around $200 for this bad boy; needless to say, this is a great price on a fantastic set. The sale is only happening today and it is while supplies last, so hurry and place your orders if you are interested. This show was one of the greatest blind buys I ever purchased and I can highly recommend it to all. I actually ordered a copy of this set and I am selling my individual seasons to a friend. :D Can't wait to get it."