PDA

View Full Version : New Darth Maul!!!

The True Maul
04-16-2002, 04:00 PM
There might be a new Darth Maul go to www.nobletoy.com (http://www.nobletoy.com) It's in German but you can clearly see his name. When you go to nobletoy.com you will see Episode 2 click on it and Darth Maul's
name is on the 3rd page I think.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-16-2002, 05:02 PM
Another Maul? Holy God in Heaven above! How many do we need?

And please don't answer that question, it was meant as a joke.:crazed:

Jargo
04-16-2002, 05:23 PM
Maul is due out in August from what I can gather. Apparently in a wave that contains another Anakin. But don't quote me on that, it's just what I've seen around the net. As we all know with hasbro - everything is all down to availability and may be substituted or cancelled at any time.......

Beast
04-16-2002, 05:35 PM
Yeah, there was some talk of a new Maul this year. Probably sculpted into a combat pose to go along with the new Qui-Gon figure. Frankly the only new Darth Maul figure I want to see is a good Holographic Maul, like the Darth Sidious figure.

That Wal-Mart exclusive was to short, a statue, the wrong color, and his face was pretty un-detailed. I would jump at the chance of a Holo Maul with minor articulation like the Holo Sidious, but I doubt that that is going to happen. Oh well, one can hope. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
04-16-2002, 05:43 PM
For crying out loud, we need an action-posed obi-wan, I tell ya!

In my opinion, the only Darth Maul figures that were needed were the normal Jedi Duel Darth Maul; the Tatooine Darth Maul; the Darth Maul from the Tatooine SHowdown; and they should make a holo-Maul.

Jargo
04-16-2002, 06:29 PM
Obviously someone at hasbro has a Maul fetish..... :eek:

stillakid
04-16-2002, 06:57 PM
Here is a rough translation from the site in question (you'll have to forgive me, I haven't had an official German class since High School):

Darth Maul
available August and was unfortunately forbidden it to us on the part of Lucasfilm to offer further details for this article. This item is in the basket (on the site) and applies it only as memory for us and not as an offer yet. On 23 April we remind you by email, if this article becomes available.

brentfett
04-17-2002, 11:52 AM
Is it possible this Maul is that retarded Unleashed figure we saw coming out soon?

pthfnder89
04-17-2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by brentfett
Is it possible this Maul is that retarded Unleashed figure we saw coming out soon?

Could be, could be....

Whats wrong with the Maul Unleashed statuette? I thought it looked pretty cool (although I don't really want one.)

JEDIpartner
04-17-2002, 12:13 PM
I hate going to the mall! There are way too many ignorant kids wandering around there. Shoppes are NOT babysitters! We don't need another place for these stupid children to hang out!!! As a matter of fact they can... wha? Oh! Darth MAUL!!! Sorry... I misunderstood. We don't need another one of those either.

If there's an Anakin in the wave... it's probably that UNLOVED line.

Jargo
04-17-2002, 02:34 PM
The Anakin is probably the deluxe 'teach your kids dismemberment' one with slice-able geonosian warrior.

JEDIpartner
04-17-2002, 02:45 PM
Oooh...! I hope it's not another deluxe Maul!! :eek:

Jargo
04-17-2002, 03:38 PM
Well if the last one without half his costume was deluxe will the next one be nekkid and super deluxe? What could they possibly still do with Maul that hasn't already been done? Maybe he'll - I got it!!!!!

Deluxe Darth Maul with force flipping action. It has to be. hasbro planned all these stupid gimmicks at the same time so they had to have thought up the Maul then too. Ergo the force flipping action. Either that or lightsaber slashing 'teach your kids dismemberment' action. It's the only possible explanation for having a Maul in the assortments as it's the only thing they haven't done with him in the current lines. The episode one Deluxe maul redone without the silly wobbly arm problem. I think I must have nailed it surely?

LTBasker
04-17-2002, 03:43 PM
Only E1 figure to have the flipping thing should be Obi-Wan, he did front AND backwards flips all in the same fight! Maybe Qui did a front flip also, can't remember. Oh yeah, Maul flipped, but sideways above Qui's head.

Jargo
04-17-2002, 04:10 PM
You sure? I thought Maul flipped the normal way in the Theed generator complex. Over Obi and Qui-Gon to a different level.

Doesn't matter, they'll try to apply the force flipping and saber slashing to as many figures as they can and thus ruin them all completely with magnets and spring loaded unposable arms and frickin' buttons in their backs. Stupid and senseless waste of good figures IMO.

Beast
04-17-2002, 04:21 PM
I believe according to the lists I have is that Maul is a collection 2 figure, so they won't be applying any force flipping features or saber slashing gimmicks on the figure. If he's not a holo version, then he will probably be a combat stance version with some sort of force effect. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Ovori
04-17-2002, 04:32 PM
I've noticed they don't have Bespin Vader listed, maybe it's a type-o or confusion from Vader to Maul...