PDA

View Full Version : Complete Galaxy Ewok?

manji
09-03-2001, 10:07 AM
So, does anyone know the name of the Ewok that came with the glider in the Complete Galaxy Endor set?

Bel-Cam Jos
09-03-2001, 02:34 PM
Ewok.

That's all. But it is a repainted Wicket from the Ewoks 2-pack with a molded hood. I'd call it Paploo or Lumat, just to be different.

GNT
09-04-2001, 01:54 AM
The Ewoks name is Kazak.

evenflow
09-04-2001, 08:50 AM
I don't the name, and I don't know where you got that name from, but I will just take it as a Ewok that was never made before, a new character.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-04-2001, 03:20 PM
It's Kazak, GNT? Name your sources! :) Where'd you hear that? I don't recall it on the package.

Lone Jedi
09-05-2001, 12:17 AM
GNT, do you by any chance collect the CCG cards? :) Maybe the Ewok's name is Graak or Rabin.

GNT
09-05-2001, 03:01 AM
I got it from a CCG card a while ago when I was making of characters I wanted to see made and Kazak came up as the Glider Ewok :)

JediTricks
09-05-2001, 09:45 AM
Please let us know when you do that, since some of us (like me) don't trust the cards' info too much.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-05-2001, 12:48 PM
Like what, JT? Like 15th Biker Scout on the right named Lars Me-Tall'ica or something? :p Decipher only serves to confuse, not "to make out the meaning of despite indistinctness."

GNT
09-06-2001, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Please let us know when you do that, since some of us (like me) don't trust the cards' info too much.

Whats there not to trust?

JediTricks
09-06-2001, 10:42 AM
"What's not to trust?"

See what bel-cam just said. They make up stuff all the time, they do a bunch of "photoshop phoney" pictures for their cards, they "easter egg" things into regular scenes that weren't originally there, they're about as trustworthy as a 3-dollar-bill. And since it's supposed to be used only within the constraints of the game, LFL allows it all no matter how goofy.

GNT
09-07-2001, 02:33 AM
"They make up stuff "

Maybe? But LFL approves it so I'd say they name would be correct :)

JediTricks
09-07-2001, 07:37 AM
LFL only approves it within the context of the game.

El Chuxter
09-07-2001, 03:01 PM
The CCG is weird and not trustworthy most of the time, but unless it disputes more reputable sources, I see no reason not to go with the names it comes up with. Much better than "Sixth Ewok From the Left in Scene 37." :)

evenflow
09-08-2001, 09:27 AM
The cards do tend to make things more confusing. They do help at times, but we have to pick and choose what is accepted and which are not.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-08-2001, 11:07 AM
I think we're all missing the point. It's not whether Decipher has the right name, it's Hasbro that counts. Kenner told us that the grey droid with the big rifle was Zuckuss, and that the brown-caped alien was 4-LOM, so that's who they were. Once it was determined that wasn't correct, POTF2 changed their names correctly. To the best of my knowledge, the packaging for the Endor Complete Galaxy does not state the name of the Ewok. Therefore, his name is Bruce. :D Or whatever you want to call him (her?).

For no good reason, I still want to come up with a good looking bow and arrow here:
|D>- We'll see..

GNT
09-10-2001, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
I think we're all missing the point. It's not whether Decipher has the right name, it's Hasbro that counts. Kenner told us that the grey droid with the big rifle was Zuckuss, and that the brown-caped alien was 4-LOM, so that's who they were. Once it was determined that wasn't correct, POTF2 changed their names correctly. To the best of my knowledge, the packaging for the Endor Complete Galaxy does not state the name of the Ewok. Therefore, his name is Bruce. :D Or whatever you want to call him (her?).

For no good reason, I still want to come up with a good looking bow and arrow here:
|D>- We'll see..

Until a more official confirmation is made about his name,I'd take "Kazak" to be the characters real name!

Lobito
09-18-2001, 08:39 PM
As far as i know that Ewok has not been named by hasbro, nor i remember seeing him in the primary SW guides, so u can call him as u want.

Im going to call him "chuba ewok".:D

GNT
09-19-2001, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by Lobito
As far as i know that Ewok has not been named by hasbro, nor i remember seeing him in the primary SW guides, so u can call him as u want.

Im going to call him "chuba ewok".:D

I don't see the problem? Even if Hasbro didn't give the ewok a name, decipher has and that is Kazak!

Lobito
09-19-2001, 11:23 AM
Cool, now i will have to go and buy another complete galaxy ewok, cuzz i already have "Chuba Ewok", but now i'm missing "Kazak":confused: :rolleyes: :D

Bel-Cam Jos
09-19-2001, 08:15 PM
Lobito, you also need Ewok Bruce. I'll sell you mine... for one-hundred meellion dollars! ;)

Lobito
09-20-2001, 04:03 PM
Hey, im missing that one too!!:D Now i'll have my collection complete.;)

El Chuxter
09-25-2001, 12:14 PM
I named my Ewok Gary. Do you want a Gary to go with Kazak, Chuba Ewok, and Bruce? :D

GNT
09-26-2001, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
I named my Ewok Gary. Do you want a Gary to go with Kazak, Chuba Ewok, and Bruce? :D

You forgot Larry the dumb ewok :)

Bel-Cam Jos
09-26-2001, 07:21 PM
Actually, GNT, Hasbro would never approve "Larry the dumb ewok." It would be "Lary the Dum Ewok" so they could release a .000000006 version. ;)

p.s. Kazak spelled backwords is... Kazak? Wow...

buba-fatt
09-26-2001, 10:37 PM
I call the big one Bitie!

GNT
09-27-2001, 03:35 AM

Its like "racecar",So amazing! :)

bigbarada
09-27-2001, 10:07 AM

a man a plan a canal panama :D

BTW, I think the ewok should be named Looscious.;)

Bel-Cam Jos
09-27-2001, 06:23 PM
Call him Pal N. Drone!

Live not on evil, madam, live not on evil.
Sit on a potato pan, Otis.
Noon it is; sit in O on. ???:confused: :D

bigbarada
09-27-2001, 06:44 PM
BCJ, you graduated in 1991? So did I!

So, did you think you were gonna get drafted when the Gulf War broke out? I know I did.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-29-2001, 08:14 PM
Yes and no, BB. I was 17 until 4 months after graduation in June, and by the time I turned 18, I was in college. The "war" was over before I even turned 19, so the issue wasn't that nervous for me. My uncle recently retired after 20+ years in the army, so I always told recruiters I'd heard things from him about the military I did not support or approve of (which is true, not an excuse), so that usually was enough for them.

p.s. The next palandrone class is 2002; next after that: 2112.

bigbarada
09-29-2001, 11:12 PM
There's plenty I know about the military now that makes me wish I never joined in the first place. That and my dad didn't start telling me his REALLY HORRIFYING Vietnam stories until after I finished Basic Training. Trust me, you don't even want to know.

JediTricks
09-30-2001, 12:18 PM
"palindrome"

Racecar is a palindrome. 2002 is the next "palindrome year" until 2112.

This Ewok's name is Norbert, but he prefers that you call him "Wings". ;)

Jargo
09-30-2001, 08:28 PM
Mine told me she was called Beryl but doesn't want it widely publicised....... :eek: :confused: :( Alls I know is she got a big old butt like Wicket and the same facial hair too. What is it with fat chicks and beards anyway?
Here's a question, how many Gorax are on Endor and how many Ewoks do you think there were too. If the Gorax prey on Ewok, surely the numbers would be really really small. Or, if the Ewok are outsmarting the Gorax all the time then the Gorax should be extinct without a reliable source of food. Of course the Gorax would have had a few choices with the Imperial presense but the shells would have been too hard to crack and the meat a bit stringy......... :)

Bel-Cam Jos
10-01-2001, 07:23 PM
JT, resorting to misspelling corrections? Fore shaym... :p

There are 7 Gorax on Endor, one to screw in the lighbulb, and six others to chase all the flies away from their stinky bodies! Hello? Anyone? Bueller? ;)

JediTricks
10-02-2001, 11:06 AM
No, I was just trying to figure out what a "palandrone" was ;)

Bel-Cam Jos
10-02-2001, 07:12 PM
Palandrone (pal-en-dron) noun 1. a small, robotic device that is both friendly and useful in remote areas; for example a pal and a drone. 2. any misspelled word, usually in a public forum. 3. none of the above.

Source: No, uh, Webster Edition of the Dixionerry. :p

Is it noon? 'Tis I.

Emperor Howdy
10-03-2001, 04:31 AM
Palindrome, ey?

Boob=Boob
Star Wars=Raw Rats....well almost....minus an "S" here and there.
Cucumber=Rebmucuc
Bin Laden=Barbecued Kabob

Wait....these aren't working....but now I'm hungry for some reason.

El Chuxter
02-12-2012, 10:39 PM
Did this guy ever get a name?

Seriously, I'm not trying to just use the Golden Shovel here. I was curious how many Ewoks I could name without looking them up and, when I looked them up to check, I saw Kazak is apparently not the glider Ewok.

So who the hell is this dude? I'm sticking with Gary until told otherwise.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-13-2012, 11:50 AM
So who the hell is this dude? I'm sticking with Gary until told otherwise.It will be an anagram of some on-set employee, like...
- Sweetsan
- Bertben
- Stryksda
- Jorg Secul-wok

JediTricks
02-16-2012, 11:21 PM
Thanks to Hasbro's Battle for Endor battle pack from 3 years ago, it's Warok... even though it's clearly not Warok. The packaging bio says that it's Warok in the glider, so now it's Warok.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-17-2012, 01:56 PM
Thanks to Hasbro's Battle for Endor battle pack from 3 years ago, it's Warok... even though it's clearly not Warok. The packaging bio says that it's Warok in the glider, so now it's Warok.
The brown 2009 figure is definitely Warok, with the same expression and accessories as the vintage figure. They just threw in a glider for good measure. But the light-furred Complete Galaxy Ewok is a completely different character (as is the black-furred one from the 2004 glider). I'm not sure which are the ones in the movie itself, but there you go.

JediTricks
02-17-2012, 04:10 PM
The packaging claims the ewok we see in the glider in the movie is Warok. The one in the movie most closely matches the Complete Galaxy character: http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/8/89/Hang_glider_btm.jpg
So, with the Saga Ultra figure being black and also claiming to be the glider Ewok, Hasbro has attributed 3 different Ewoks to Warok by doing it this way.