PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Wholesalers

BobaBill
04-16-2002, 04:30 PM
Hi,
Im new to this so if i do anything wrong I apologise now. What I want to know is if anyone knows any Star Wars Action Figure Wholesalers within the UK, because I am looking for some case assortments to build my collection.

Please Help,
BobaBill :)

jedi_uk73
04-16-2002, 05:37 PM
Hi there.

Nice to hear of another collector in the UK. As you may or may not know, collecting Star Wars merchandise is fairly expensive, depending on how far you want to take your collection.

As for a wholesaler, I can recommend Red Pumpkin ( Paugus Toy Company ). They are an official Hasbro dealer and are reasonably priced.

Contact them on (01902) 895214 or email ; sales@redpumpkin.com

They also have a website ; www.redpumpkin.com

Its a bit out of date, but it will give you a rough idea of prices.

Also try to get hold of a copy of Model & Collectors Mart. Its chokkers with adverts and contacts in the Star Wars side of things.

There are also a few other fellow UK collectors using this forum, so they may post info that may also help you in your quest.

Good luck & happy collecting.

BobaBill
04-17-2002, 12:26 PM
Hi ,

Thanks for replying to my message and the site was useful, but it wasn't quite what I was after. I am looking for a place where you can buy boxes of assorted figures, do you know what I mean? You can see what I mean if you click here (systems.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=3982&domain=sirstevesguide.com&dom=ss&domain_id=5) I want to buy these because I have recently started to collect boxed figures and these would help me to build my collection faster.

Help me Jedi_uk73, you're my only hope.

BobaBill

jedi_uk73
04-17-2002, 05:14 PM
Hi Bobabill.

Wow, you aren't asking for much then??? he he.

Finding 'boxed' figures from the POTF2 range of figures is now becoming very rare and expensive. There may be a chance that none exist anymore. Due to the high demand for some figures, case assortments may have been split.

Red Pumpkin do sell wholesale and in case assortments but maybe not POTF2 anymore. Due to being replaced by Episode I then POTJ and now Episode 2 merchandise. The older it is, the harder it is to get.

I have a few dealer contacts, so I will ask around.

Have you tried Model & Collectors Mart?? It's packed with dealers & suppliers so you may be lucky.

You may also have a bit of luck at collectors fairs.

Also, may I suggest that you sign up over at gadders forum.

http://www.gadders.com/frames.html

You will find that it is UK collectors site, everyone there is spread across the country and most helpful. The site 'manager' has a brilliant list of contacts that may be able to help you in your quest. Just ask.

I will let you know if I have any news for you.

BobaBill
04-18-2002, 12:55 PM
Hmmmm.........
Maybe I was being a bit mad wanting case assortments, I thought it might be a cheaper way to build up my collection, but obviously not. I will try to pick up the magazine you mentioned at the weekend. As for fairs/conventions I am going to one on the 26th of April, in Basildon. I have been there before but this is my first time in ages. The figures there are quite cheap so I think I would be better getting them there, I bought the 300th edition of Boba Fett for 10 ( I don't know if thats any good but I thought it sounded cheap at the time!) I have seen it in a collectors shop near me for 15. I will register on gadders.com, but if the case assortments will be really expensive I will not bother buying them. How do shops get POTF2 figures (in case assortments?)

Thanks for trying anyway and if you hear of anything I might be interested in let me know ( bearing in mind I am only 14 and don't have the biggest bank balance!)

BobaBill

BobaBill
04-18-2002, 01:04 PM
Sorry but I forgot to write this in the last message but when you say
Finding 'boxed' figures from the POTF2 range of figures is now becoming very rare and expensive. There may be a chance that none exist anymore. . Are you talking about boxed as in case assortment boxes, or figures in boxes (green carded, orange..etc)

Thanks again
BobaBill

jedi_uk73
04-18-2002, 05:37 PM
Hi again. :D

Ahh I see you are a young collector. Unfortunately, I have to say, that collecting the 'older' Star Wars merchandise is going to be expensive, especially on a limited budget. Good job you don't want the vintage 1978-1985 stuff. ( I hope)

As in 'boxed' I did mean it as case assortments. I have also posted your original question on gadders.com, so hopefully someone may beable to help.

I have had a word with a couple of my contacts today, and they said that POTF2 cases are near on impossible to find now, and if they do still exist, will be very expensive. You will find that you will only get 6 or 8 different figures in a case of 12, so you will end up with many doubles.

My personal advise is to get them as single pieces, it will take time as there was at least 150 different figures made in the POTF2 range. But to be honest, they weren't the best looking figures. For some reason Luke Skywalker had a body like He-man, as with a few others.

It wasn't till the last few, mainly on Freeze Frame (FF) cards, did they look slightly better. Some of these FF figures are now hard to find.

You may have noticed that the UK is not the cheapest place to buy Star Wars stuff, and having a rough idea on prices helps, as some collectors try to rip you off. Alot of them will tell you that something is 'rare', and charge you a fortune, when it may only be worth a few quid. (Trust me, I found out once)

A collectors fair is definately your best bet, I will be going to one near me soon, as I am looking for some more original 1978-1985 vehicles to add to my collection. I missed out on a few back then, and I am now regretting it, as some of them are now worth a few hundred pounds (ouch).

If you are really looking to get a good collection going, like I say it's going to take a while. It really depends on your budget, as there are hundreds of figures now, and with Episode 2, hitting the streets on April 23rd, it will be even higher, and will also push the price of older figures up (slightly).

Figures produced approx ;

POTF2 - 150
Episode I - 100
POTJ - 60

By the way, 10 for a 300th Boba Fett is good. I have a couple and cost me about 15 each, so you got yours at a good price. If you can get bargains like that, you should be Ok with your POTF2 hunt.

Try not to bother with variations. Some figures came out on Orange, Green and FF cards so only get the cheapest version (usually green). Some other figures only came out on FF cards, and these are becomming hard to find. e.g. Darth Vader with Removable Helmet. Expect to pay between 10 and 20 for that one.

I hope this has been of some use to you. If you need anymore help or advise, just ask, it's FREE.

Catch you soon.