PDA

View Full Version : 600 Toy Fair Vaders!!!

sith_killer_99
04-16-2002, 10:11 PM
That's right 600 of these guys!

What?

I said 600 Toy Fair Vaders!

What?

According to rebelscum.com

What?

Toys R Us UK...

What?

will be giving away 600 of these guys!

What?

A free Vader...

What?

for the first 60 customers...

What?

on April 23rd...

What?

at 10 different locations in the UK!

What?

That's 600 Toy Fair Vaders!

What?

My problem with this is that MANY of the fans who ordered the thing from the Fan Club got DAMAGED Vaders. They were then told that there were no more available and they could either live with it or get a refund.

What?

So what are your feelings on this?

I did not order any of these, but if I had, I would be VERY upset!

It's not the fact that these went to the UK! They deserve a crack at these things too!!!

What would bother me, would be to get a damaged one, then being told there were no more, then seeing 600 of 'em turn up!!!

So? What do you think?

InsaneJediGirl
04-16-2002, 10:17 PM
I think it is a slap in the face to the people who got damaged Vaders.Also..Are the 600 Vaders returned and damaged?It makes me wonder...

Cubehead
04-16-2002, 10:31 PM
The fan club is run by a bunch of Uber-Geek A**holes!
They screwed everyone who attended SW Celebration 1
by planning the worst fan event I have ever been to.

Then they seem to be price gouging as much as they can for Celeb 2. (which I'm going to because I'm a sucker)

Now this Vader debacle. They never learn and personally
I am not the only one I know who thinks this group of idiots should be put out of a job!

Well maybe certain webmasters will put another up on Ebay.
That's always a good way to acquire one at an inflated price!
And you get the luxury of supporting We-Pay, not to metnion the royal screwing you recieve by supporting scum sucking scalpers!

SirSteve
04-16-2002, 11:01 PM
sith_killer_99 - you wouldn't happen to be a Stone Cold Steve Austin fan, would you? ;)

LTBasker
04-16-2002, 11:10 PM
I wonder how much profit they made from that transaction. :frus:

Wolfwood319
04-16-2002, 11:14 PM
I don't know what all the hub bub is about. I for one am glad that or UK brethren have the chance to get this one. Even though 600 for the entire country is a very pathetic gesture, IMO. I think you people should be lucky the fan club offered them at all, they could of just said "screw you," and not sold them on the site.

BTW, its annoying when fans do it at RAW, and its annoying reading a post twice as long as it should be...

Cause that's the bottom line, cause Stone Cold said so!:crazed:

j/k

LTBasker
04-16-2002, 11:17 PM
They practically did just say "screw you!" to non-members, and also to members because even after the "special shipping" charge the Vader's weren't packed very well. They should've had special securing for the Vaders, especially the lightsaber.

2-1B
04-17-2002, 01:50 AM
I have no problem with this, can I assume they planned this offer to the UK awhile ago? If so, those figures were already allocated and should be considered unavailable.

Good luck UK forumites! :)

mightywhelk
04-17-2002, 06:21 AM
I understand that the other 53 UK TRU stores which are not opening at midnight and doing this promotion will be giving out prize draw forms to give everyone else that chance of getting a Toy Fair Vader, though I don't know how many this is.

InsaneJediGirl
04-17-2002, 08:50 AM
I can see giving them away to TRU UK,thats not a problem with me.Its just,they should have at least refunded those people who
got bent sabers and EOC packaging.

Good luck finiding the Vaders though in the UK:crazed:

sith_killer_99
04-17-2002, 12:32 PM
Don't get me wrong.

I think it's GREAT that these will be available in the UK! Though Canada seems to get s@rewed again. They couldn't even order them from the fan club. :(

My point is, that a LOT of fans ordered these, paid EXTRA for shipping to ensure good product. Then recieved damaged products. When they called the Fan Club they were told there were no more. Then we find out that 600 of them made it to some big promo event.

Bottom line Hasbro OWNS the Fan Club/WOTC now. Hasbro made the TF Vaders! Why did Hasbro(Fan Club/WOTC) burn the fans like this? It was a bit uncalled for.

The Fan Club (Hasbro/WOTC) can't get more of these? Give me a break!

As I said, I did not order one of these, I do not want one. IMO, it's just another overpriced, limited edition convention exclusive. NOW, had I actually attended Toy Fair 2002, I would have wanted one as a souvenier! To remember the convention/event.

And to be fair, if I was in the UK and attewnded Midnight Madness, I would want one! Because I KNOW that I would be one of the first 60 in line! LOL

I am just upset at the way fans are being treated!

Now if you don't mind I'm gonna go have me a beer!

What?

2 beers

What?

3 beers

What?

4 beers

What?

And a shot of Jack Daniel's

What?

And a Bloody Mary

;)

JediDan
04-17-2002, 04:09 PM
Come on people!!! Whats all the fuss about??? The fan club ordered what they ordered and sold out of what they had. They got nothing to do with the UK give away at all.....:rolleyes:

Jargo
04-17-2002, 04:26 PM
Someone managed to snaffle one early because the spotty assistant didn't know about the giveaway deal. it rang through the register at 9.99 So that's about $6 to you. how much did you pay for the exclusive figures? Fact is that out of 63 TRU stores nationwide only 11 are opening for Midnight maness. Mostly down South. There's one opening in the Northwest that's easily accesible to guys like me and Pendo and Britcit3 but that's all. The best bet for us is going to be the competition leaflets. And that no doubt entails some hefty purchases first to be eligible to enter. Ther'll be stores open where hardly anyone turns up and then stores whrere they get millions turning up. There's going to be scalpers trying to get through twice or sending girlfriends and goons through to get them. Chances are it'll be a mess. I personally don't want one so I won't be going or entering the competition. How many will go along just 'because'? Pick up a vader and then toss it aside to some kid. It's crappy that the fanclub sent out damaged goods to you guys in the states but at least you had the opportunity to get them.
But then, these giveaways could be damaged too. TRU UK is reknowned for having damaged goods instore due to the sloppy way they handle stuff in the warehouse and then instore stockrooms. High priced stuff gets crammed onto shelves with no care and damaged so they aren't going to be that bothered about a simple giveaway. And i think a few vaders goes a little toward compensating for the fact that we probably won't even see the Shuttle if it gets released, not having any FAO stores over here. I think i mentioned elsewhere that for me to order a shuttle would cost $200 dollars as FAO don't accept overseas orders of a lesser value. Now that bites. :)

AmanaMatt
04-18-2002, 02:30 AM
I may be able to actually get one if people flood ebay and the prices become reasonable.