PDA

View Full Version : wal-marts not selling star wars???

ki-adi mundi's bro
09-03-2001, 09:25 AM
in ohio and indiana, there are NO wal-marts with star wars stuff...my dad say"give them a month...they'll have'em."
is it like this everywhere???????

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-03-2001, 09:21 PM
I don't know if this helps but I have been to three Wal Marts and two out of three of them moved their entire Star Wars line out of the toy department to a clearance aisle next to the gardening department which is adjacent, but not in, the toy department. The one store I didn't find Star Wars in I never knew to look in the gardening department and I can only assume they are there. One of the stores had them for 5 bucks a fig (had plenty of Boomer Droids, Bespin Hans, a few Dirty Scouts and a single Ketwol and Sabe) The other had them for 3 bucks and had several Porkins, Bespin Leias, as well as a few Sebulbas, Chewie Mechanics, and a Mon Calamari. They have the whole entire layout of the Toy Aisle on posted in each aisle and as of yet I have seen no space delegated for Star Wars toys.

SirSteve
09-03-2001, 10:33 PM
Hasbro said Wal-Mart will continue to sell Star Wars, they are just moving things around right now. We have their exact words in our POTJ News section.

JediCole
09-04-2001, 01:12 AM
Thank you Sir Steve for clearing that up. I would also point out that Sir Steve's reliable Wal-Mart source found R5-D4 and Bo Shek on a Wal-Mart SKU list if they had stopped carrying Star Wars figures.

Starfig873
09-04-2001, 11:28 AM
My Wal-Mart still has em' they just don't have a good selection of them. Or space for them for that matter....sheesh my local Wal-Mart only has two pegs for all them Bespin Hans and Battle Droids. *sighs* I remember when BH was soooo hard to find, not anymore...

jedi master sal
09-04-2001, 11:32 AM
Mine put their's back into the action figure aisle. (it only took about two weeks for them to be moved backed from the clearance
aisle.

Have hope.

We all know they will carry the EPII stuff........

Bring On the CLONES!!!!!!

ThomasLane
09-09-2001, 09:24 AM
Wal-Mart does this every year at about this time. Target does the same thing. The less informed managers will tell you "we aren't carrying Star Wars toys any more", only to be restocked a week later. Don't worry, they'll get more stuff.

Mandalorian Candidat
09-10-2001, 11:00 AM
I'm so confused about what they're doing. I have a whole rant on the W-M angle in this section.

THE Slayer
09-17-2001, 12:41 AM
Well this may give you hope, Ki's bro.. I live in ohio and the w-m nearest me had NEW potj stuff last week, or 2 weeks ago I can't remember. granted it wasn't vader wave new, but like duro's new.