PDA

View Full Version : Dejus Puhrô (Alien Bounty Hunter) - what's his story?

2-1B
04-17-2002, 03:16 AM
Is he EU? Am I forgetting him from a movie?

LTBasker
04-17-2002, 03:18 AM
He's from ANH, he's sitting next to hairy ol' Muftak I think. All you reall see is his head in something along the lines of a 1 second long scene.

Beast
04-17-2002, 03:37 AM
Here is his CCG card that tells a little more about him. I think Sir Steve has his name listed wrong in the archives, as it should be Djas Puhr. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rogue II
04-17-2002, 08:51 AM
I'm glad Caesar asked this question. I asked it in another thread and some guy said that he was in the cantina scene. Well, duh, I knew that much. Well, I'm going to have to watch it again to see if I can find him..a Star Wars "Where's Waldo" if you will.

BTW, is it just me or does he look like a cross between Mr. Spock and a Duro?

brentfett
04-17-2002, 11:30 AM
Why don't they just get it over with and release every single solitary creature in the cantina as a figure? Don't forget the creatures in the back in the kitchen washing dishes as well. :)

BoShek
04-17-2002, 11:32 AM
Puhr has been on my wish list for years. I am so happy he is coming out.

JEDIpartner
04-17-2002, 11:39 AM
So... how do you pronounce this guy's name...? It looks like you'd pronounce it "Jasper".

He's kind 50s B-Movie looking... hahaha...

BanthaPoodoo
04-17-2002, 11:51 AM
I think he looks like those aliens from Star Trek (forget the episode though :( )

JEDIpartner
04-17-2002, 12:05 PM
YEAH!!! but, wasn't that guy light blue with yellow eyes? He had those huge veins on his head as well... but I DO think he was light blue.

2-1B
04-17-2002, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the updates, now I recognize Jasper him from that pic. His skin looks greenish there, but in the SSG archive the figure's head looks black. Maybe that's what threw me? :)

Beast
04-17-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
Thanks for the updates, now I recognize Jasper him from that pic. His skin looks greenish there, but in the SSG archive the figure's head looks black. Maybe that's what threw me? :)
The greenish tint to his skin could be the result of the cantina lighting as well as the film. It's still amazing sometimes how colors can be effected so much during a movie being filmed. Best case of that is Han Solo's Hoth Parka. The actual prop is a choclaty brown color, but on film it looks blue. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
05-08-2002, 10:48 PM
Don't get me wrong, I think it will be cool to see this guy on the pegs, but how does he get a figure before Hem Dazon (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7588) ? ? ?

brentfett, you're on to something there! Kitchen workers would be great, like that big praying mantis thing ! :D

mark2d2
05-09-2002, 05:18 AM
I seriously think the reason we have yet to get a Hem Dazon is as you well know this character was only a mask. Still bring him on! How hard is it to make up a body? I've ALWAYS wanted this guy.

Thank God though it looks like at long last we're going to get this totally out there concept stormtrooper that is not even in the film and will look totally bizarre and stupid next to any of our figures.

pthfnder89
05-09-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by mark2d2
Thank God though it looks like at long last we're going to get this totally out there concept stormtrooper that is not even in the film and will look totally bizarre and stupid next to any of our figures.

Why on earth will it look totally "" stupid and bizarre" next to any of the other figures? None of my other EU figures looks that odd next to my movie figures. (well except for the poorly doen EU vehicles packin pilots:()

Besides, as far as I'm concerned, being 20ft. in the background of one scene for .3 seconds does not make one figure a better choice than a well made design that never appears on screen.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Puhr, and he looks like a really cool figure. But I'd rather have a well made concept art figure than the last Cantina patron who is still clogging the shelves.

mark2d2
05-09-2002, 12:37 PM
It just looks to angular to be real. Thats why.