PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe Anakin w/ Geonosian (merged)

Beast
04-17-2002, 04:24 AM
Just saw this over at Rebelscum. The 5th figure of the Deluxe line has been revealed, a Deluxe Anakin Skywalker with soft goods and 2 lightsabers. He comes packed with another winged Geonosian. This will be a better figure for the Corsurant Speeder, since the soft goods tunic bottom won't interfere with the figure being able to sit. May need to make a head swap, though. Regardless, cool beans!!

I guess this confirms that the Nexu now won't pack in with the Deluxe Anakin. Most likely since Padme fights with and is clawed by the Nexu, it should be included with a Deluxe figure of her. Hopefully it's a pre-torn version of her white Arena outfit and will come with the soft good cape that she is shown wearing in some scenes of the movie. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Geonosian
04-17-2002, 05:53 AM
Hello everyone.
Well Iam new here and I love Geonosians!
The picture looks great!

LTBasker
04-17-2002, 06:13 AM
Poor Geonosian, he has nothing to defend himself with! :eek:

So basically it's just Hangar Duel Anakin re-posed with a soft goods skirt and he's mimicing Mace with the winged Geonosian minus his staff. :D

CrossWizard
04-17-2002, 06:20 AM
I see a little lever on his back
Scarmouch Scarmouch not another crappy gimmick

:zzz:

Oh well, it is a Deluxe figure after all, and it has an extra Geonosian for about $4.

Jargo
04-17-2002, 06:24 AM
Stupid face, stupid frickin' gimmick and a stupid lookin' Geonosian resculpt that's nowhere near as good as the other two. this is a pegwarmer as far as I'm concerned. Soooooo disappointed yet again. One more missed opportunity...

neimoidian85
04-17-2002, 06:26 AM
If it goes on clearance, its mine.......love Geonosians plus Anakin's facial expression.

JEDIpartner
04-17-2002, 09:45 AM
He'll catch plenty of bugs in that wide open gob of his! Stupid lad, you know that yelling at the ugly alien isn't going to make him go away!!!

pthfnder89
04-17-2002, 09:51 AM
I'll definitely pick him up, but pretty much only for the extra lightsabers and because he has cloth robes. I'll wind up swicthing out his head with another Anakin most likely.

*keeps noticing how he loves all the peices of the new Ep2 figures, but they all seem to be put together in the wrong order;)*

bigbarada
04-17-2002, 10:09 AM
Awesome figure. Really dig that little vein on the side of his neck too.

He looks like he'll be easier to fit in the Coruscant Speeder. I guess you can pretend he's going to crash into a wall with that facial expression.:)

In all actuality, I like the face; but we need one with a more neutral expression. How's he supposed to win over Padme if he is always yelling at her?;)

Mandalorian Candidat
04-17-2002, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
How's he supposed to win over Padme if he is always yelling at her?;)

Don't worry. Hasbro will be releasing Anakin Skywalker-Jedi Pimp Daddy soon. It comes with electronic pick-up lines. :)

brentfett
04-17-2002, 10:23 AM
Am I just crazy or does anybody else think the geonosians are a stupidly designed creature?

JEDIpartner
04-17-2002, 10:44 AM
Are they bugs? Are they Lizards? Are they B'lizards? :D

pthfnder89
04-17-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by brentfett
Am I just crazy or does anybody else think the geonosians are a stupidly designed creature?

I like them just fine.

Two things I noticed just now in the pictures.

A) Anakins robes are actuaslly cloth all the way over his shoulders, not just below his belt like the soft goods Obi Wan and Qui Gonn; basically the entire leather part of his outfit in the movie is cloth on the figure. I think thats pretty cool.

B) I don't really care for this but looking at the pic, it's obvious that the Geonosian splits apart at the waist to mimic "dying horribley" action. :rolleyes:

Lord Tenebrous
04-17-2002, 11:20 AM
The one redeeming quality about this deluxe set is that you can tweak the Anakin figure, and you pretty much have an Arena army-building 2-pack.

But that's not going to cut it for me.

Wolfwood319
04-17-2002, 01:00 PM
I like it, but not that much. The soft goods are nice, but the face prevents it from looking cool in the speeder. Overall a nice figure for the Arena Playset, but nothing more. I'll have to see this one in stores before I decide whether or not to get it.

Bosskman
04-17-2002, 01:44 PM
It can be where he goes through the power couplings. The speeder's where this guy's going.

Jargo
04-17-2002, 01:57 PM
Actually now that I've got over the shock of yet more gimmick laden figures, I still hate the Anakin but mostly due to the patented slashing 'teach your kids to dismember' action. Remember kids - guns are bad but cutting people into little chunks is KEWL! Anakin says so......

The geonosian will add to an army of the horrid looking beggars. I actually like the Geonosians. It's more the human characters I dislike. At least he has the benefit of wings as long as they have the ball sockets. It was mostly the horribly and sadly lacking paint job on the Geonosian (god that's a hell of a name to type. I vote we abbreviate it to Geo' warrior or something as a standard) plus i woke up this morning to find that Luke Bespin had been trashed by a slashing gimmick too :( A sad day in toyland I feel.

JediTricks
04-17-2002, 10:15 PM
I dunno, I see this and it looks pretty rank. If the gimmick is on-par with the Ep 1 deluxe figures, I'll probably end up getting it on clearance, but that face is too extreme.

Dar' Argol
04-17-2002, 10:31 PM
Are those 2 Metal lightsabers I see?!?!?!? Has Hasbro finally relized that they would be good for all Jedi?!?!?
Woo Hoo! Metal lightsabers for everyone!!!!!Hopefully :D

Tycho
04-29-2002, 12:40 PM
I like this set a lot! I plan to buy a few of them. I hope the Geonosian sticks together (on a magnet) or something better than Mace's BattleDroid.

Yes Anakin is crashing and bashing the speeder and flying through the power couplings so the figure can work for the speeder.

I think the new yelling and mouth-open looks for some of the figures are awesome and show superior sculpting - or real-scanning. However, I also think they are great only under the conditions that we also get neutral expressions for the characters as well, such as the pimp-action Ani someone else suggested.

pthfnder89
04-29-2002, 01:11 PM
I think it's a pretty decent set also Tycho. I'm going to buy a couple, for the extra lightsaber, and for customizing.

Originally posted by Dar' Argol
Are those 2 Metal lightsabers I see?!?!?!? Has Hasbro finally relized that they would be good for all Jedi?!?!?
Woo Hoo! Metal lightsabers for everyone!!!!!Hopefully :D

Yeah, that would be nice, but I don't think both of his sabers are metal. You can't really see in the picture but his other saber (Anakins actual blue saber) is the same one that comes with Hagnar Duel Anakin. At least the Green one is metal though YAY:)

LTBasker
04-29-2002, 01:26 PM
The upcoming Bespin Luke has a metal version of Anakin's blue saber. :cool:

BlahBlahBlah
04-29-2002, 03:26 PM
Thank God.

I'm glad HD Anakin will finally be able to hold his own lightsaber in his right hand.

Jargo
05-15-2002, 06:43 AM
Found this picture at Hasbro's UK site. It shows just how theGeo warrior comes apart and is a nice use of the magnet feature although quite graphic really and I'm not sure that this is something that will sell well once the indignant moral majority start in on the dismembering toy line that is star wars but hopefully we'll get this version and not some lame cop out alternative. I like this picture a lot for some reason..... :evil:

Dryanta
05-15-2002, 06:55 AM
Looks great to me!!I have to wonder if it will go the way of the "bloody "luke bespin and be redone.The JP dinos had removable flesh,and considering some of the other "toys" being put out this is really pretty mild.

LTBasker
05-15-2002, 07:40 AM
The Warrior needs more detail, and Anakin's gimmicked. :mad: Can't wait to see them get split in two like that on film though. . :cool:

187-Maul
05-15-2002, 07:50 AM
sirsteve already has some pics of him that were taken at the tokoy toyshow 2002 here's the link http://systems.figures.com/gallery/album25

hango fett
05-15-2002, 08:46 AM
looks great to me! i think hasbro can pull this off when other toys have worse...effects...

2-1B
05-15-2002, 11:12 AM
Neat!
That will probably be my first deluxe purchase. :)
Wouldn't it look better if the magnet was tinted red?

brentfett
05-15-2002, 11:26 AM
Thank you Hasbro for a bloody figure!!!! As a McFarlane figure fan this deluxe package is very satisfying.

droidekas2
05-15-2002, 12:19 PM
I totally agree with you Brentfett. I also collect / love Todd McFarlanes stuff. Glad to get some bloody stuff in the Star Wars line. Like the bloody stump Bespin Luke too!

JEDIpartner
05-15-2002, 01:06 PM
I love the figure actually, but maybe they could replace it with a "Top half of figure spins around really fast" feature if people start complaining. :D That would be pretty funny!!! I wish they would have made a similar magnet feature on that stupid Deluxe Mace Battle Droid.

They should have also made a bloody head Jango! :eek:

By the way... has anyone else seen the pic of the Geonosian Warrior getting fried on a molten slab of droid metal? That's a great picture!!! :evil:

Sidiously Darth
05-15-2002, 01:50 PM
I wonder how long it will take before the parent's groups are up in arms over a bloody figure.

pthfnder89
05-15-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
By the way... has anyone else seen the pic of the Geonosian Warrior getting fried on a molten slab of droid metal? That's a great picture!!! :evil:

No, if you've got it post it up. I'd love to see it :)

I really don't thinkg being bloodied up makes a toy any better. It doesn't bother me when it's the way it's portrayed inthe movie, but like the Bespin Luke, you never see any blood on his arm, so the toy doesn't need it. Now his face is a different matter...:)

JEDIpartner
05-15-2002, 02:18 PM
I'll try to post it tonight before everyone goes to see the film. I'm at work right now and... what? I've been fired??? NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Yeah... I'll try to get to it after I get home from the gym- 19h30 EST.

JEDIpartner
05-15-2002, 08:15 PM
A Geonosian Warrior hits the bug zapper!

JetsAndHeels
05-15-2002, 09:14 PM
Now that is a sweet pic JP!!
Even the Orkin Man couldnt do better than that!!

MikeAndTheBots
05-19-2002, 02:28 PM
Why exactly did they give the deluxe Anakin two lightsabers when he only really slashed up the Geonosain soldiers with one?

Beast
05-19-2002, 02:33 PM
Just an extra nice added pack-in. You can always give the saber to one of your other figures, if it's that big of a problem. For more info about the Deluxe Ani and Geonosian Warrior, check out the following two threads. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6346

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8207

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

MikeAndTheBots
05-19-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Just an extra nice added pack-in. You can always give the saber to one of your other figures, if it's that big of a problem. For more info about the Deluxe Ani and Geonosian Warrior, check out the following two threads. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6346

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8207

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
I'm not saying its evil I was just wondering why they did it if it had nothing to do with the film itself. Thanks for the info and sorry about the re-post, I only really glanced at the first page before I made the thread.