PDA

View Full Version : Falcon In AOTC (MERGED)



Bosskman
04-17-2002, 02:34 PM
.well probably not THE Falcon, but I was just over at some foriegn site (polish or something) that had pics from AOTC. There was a picture of that big ship Padme and Anakin take to Naboo from Coruscant approaching the Naboo spaceport. (similar scene as the one from the first trailer. In the far left of the picture, on the platform, you can clearly see what looks to be two correlian freighters sitting there. I hope that what they are! COOL!!!!!!!!!

Bosskman
04-17-2002, 02:39 PM
There was a link from Episode-X to the site. There was also a picutre of that seperatist alien in the metal suit.

Beast
04-17-2002, 02:52 PM
Here is the picture that Bosskman is talking about. Yep, it's most definatly a similar make of ship, but I rather doubt that either of them is the falcon. Lucas stuck the Falcon in E1 also, as the top of a building by the landing pad, so it's just another case of Lucas hiding one of the ships that alot of us want to see in E2. I still think that she will show up in Episode III though. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
04-17-2002, 02:55 PM
And here is the other picture that he was talking about, of Wat Tambor. Looks like a cool 50's style alien. There is some rumors suggesting we will get a figure of him this year, I hope so. Will be a great background alien to stick in a Cantina or Jabba's Palace diorama. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
04-17-2002, 03:51 PM
I enlarged the section with the ship in question in it and to me it looks horribly and suspiciously like the falcon. Now what's that doing there then? Wedgie 'em in george - wedgie 'em in.....:rolleyes:

Jargo
04-17-2002, 03:54 PM
But there's also this nice pic of Anakin slicing the killer Kouhouns in Padme's apartment... :)

LTBasker
04-17-2002, 04:28 PM
I do believe the Falcon is a Corellian YT-1300 Freighter and Han & Lando have both added their own modifications to the Falcon itself. It's not unlikely it is that old of a piece of junk, and since there are two landed there (you can see the forked front of the 2nd one that's cut out of the picture) I'm guessing Lucas was just trying to add flavoring to ships including adding a ship class we recognize but showing that it isn't the only one like it. :cool:

Jargo
04-17-2002, 04:45 PM
Actually i was being facetious. They planned on including some Correllian ships in TPM but never got round to it so they must have been scratching their heads for vehicles to stick in the spaceport and came up with the Correllian YT-1300 idea. It'll be interesting to see the ship without all the modifications and all smooth and shiny. I'm hoping to see a Y-wing show up with all the panels in place instead of being all guts on the outside like in ANH. Love that pic of the Y-wing all new and shiny in the OT cross sections book. Well wicked! I want a toy of that. Let's just hope we don't get a baby han Solo show up in the Naboo spaceport with a baby Chewbacca and a baby Lando. That'd be seriously uncool.

Bosskman
04-17-2002, 05:39 PM
It would also do more for the first time we see the Falcon in ANH. If they show more ships like that in EII, we'll know they were common ships around at the time, sorta like transport trucks today. The we get to the Cantina scene where Han's bragging up the Falcon like it's some sleak new ship. Then when Luke finally sees it, some ol ship, the type of which has been around for years, he says "what a piece of junk!" It would be sorta like if you needed to hire a rig and the guy you were hiring was bragging up a beat up 1975 Freightliner.

Unit-01
04-17-2002, 07:28 PM
The "falcon" is everywhere in that pic!

JediTricks
04-18-2002, 12:03 AM
Yeah, Unit-01 is right, there appears to be several more on the right of the shot and 2 more in the center.

he-ro
04-18-2002, 09:55 AM
The Easter eggs are back!

RooJay
04-18-2002, 10:51 PM
Sorry...I'm lookin' at 'em, but it just looks a bit inconclusive to me. I can see how they might look like the Falcon, but just not enough in my opinion (still pretty hard to tell for sure or not in this pic).

Pendo
04-20-2002, 08:47 AM
It looks like the falcon to me but I hope it isn't. If the falcon is to appear in the prequels I'd rather is appear in Episode III.

PENDO!

LTBasker
04-20-2002, 10:53 AM
It's doubtful, unless we've been mislead and the real Clone Army is Falcon clones! :eek:

chewie
04-20-2002, 01:42 PM
Yeah. They do look like unmodified Corellian light freighters to me as well. Definitely not the actual Falcon, but some indeed look like they fit the same ship class.

Taichi
04-20-2002, 04:07 PM
For the record the "Hidden" Falcon in Episode I is not true.....

I'll look up where it said it (It's in an issue of the Insider) that states that it's just wishful thinking.......

Jargo
04-20-2002, 04:23 PM
It's sad isn't it that a mere sighting of something that may or may not be the Falcon is far more interesting than the actual movie itself. Thus proving that the OT is indeed a far superior product.

Pendo
05-14-2002, 04:25 PM
TheForce.Net (http://www.theforce.net) have confirmed that it IS the falcon. Here's a pic...

PENDO!

RooJay
05-14-2002, 10:24 PM
COOL!

I don't, however, think this is more interesting than the film itself though.

thenmber2
05-15-2002, 09:14 PM
"Let's just hope we don't get a baby han Solo show up in the Naboo spaceport with a baby Chewbacca and a baby Lando. That'd be seriously uncool."

-how would that be uncool? my opinion on the matter is that it would be way cool to see a young han solo. just like how we got to see a young boba fett. but not how they showed greedo in the deleted scenes in episode 1 (that clip was lame!!!)
chewbacca wouldn't look that much younger because in episode 4 he was 200 years old. han however, is about 7 years old during episode 2 and about 9 in episode 3 (depending if lucas decides to make episode 3 a story over several years, which i think he should. rather than having the story span a couple of weeks like in episode 1).

JediTricks
05-16-2002, 11:39 PM
It was nice to see a pair of Corellian YT-1300 freighters, they didn't stand out and they didn't scream "Millennium Falcon" since they clearly weren't modified nearly as much. I thought it was a nice, understated touch.

QLD
05-16-2002, 11:47 PM
Hey, anything even remotely Lando is totally cool, like the man himself :D

sunblind
05-17-2002, 10:00 AM
The Millennium Falcon or at least 2 that look like it, are in EPISODE II!

You want to know where? The first couple of scenes where they first enter Naboo, look to the left hand side of the port where ships are coming and going. There's 2 there, you'll see them. When I seen them I was like woooow. That's kinda like seeing Dash Rendars ship in the Special Edition of A NEW HOPE.

It was my third time watching the film and so I just starting looking around at other things while the main movie issues where at hand.

Orn Free Taa
05-17-2002, 10:29 AM
Well, there's only one Millennium Falcon. You saw a couple of Corellian freighters. One of them may be the Falcon.

JEDIpartner
05-17-2002, 10:31 AM
Yes... that is correct. Also... this is the second thread on the FILM that you've started in the TOYS section. Please post to the proper section.

TheBigSloppy
05-17-2002, 10:49 AM
Jedi

You should become a moderator.

pthfnder89
05-17-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by sunblind
The Millennium Falcon or at least 2 that look like it, are in EPISODE II!

You want to know where? The first couple of scenes where they first enter Naboo, look to the left hand side of the port where ships are coming and going. There's 2 there, you'll see them. When I seen them I was like woooow. That's kinda like seeing Dash Rendars ship in the Special Edition of A NEW HOPE.

It was my third time watching the film and so I just starting looking around at other things while the main movie issues where at hand.

Another reason to check out the Movie Forum instead of the Toy Forum is that there is already a thread there from around 2 months ago noting the presence of these ships.

sunblind
05-17-2002, 11:55 AM
hmmm....Didn't think it was a problem. Sorry, I don't have time to read all through the forums. Besides, the movie just came out, I'm overjoyed that the film was great and didn't think anyone would truly care at this point.
But I'll check with my mom just in case. Thanks guys, I'll see ya in the complain department.
Ba bye ;)

Oh, and I know there's only one Millennium Falcon.
(It's like telling someone that Captain Kurk was great in Star Wars and all hell breaks loose)

CrossWizard
05-17-2002, 01:14 PM
I wish Hasbro would release a bigger scale Millenium Falcon ship/playset, big enough to fit all the figures without any problem, and at least more detailed in the inside.

Beast
05-17-2002, 01:18 PM
A bigger scale Millenium Falcon is somthing Hasbro wants to do, but they are worried about the cost, and whether people will actually buy it. But if they do have the Falcon pop up in Episode III, like quite a few of us expect, that would be the perfect year for a new and bigger version of the ole girl. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Orn Free Taa
05-17-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by sunblind
Oh, and I know there's only one Millennium Falcon.
(It's like telling someone that Captain Kurk was great in Star Wars and all hell breaks loose)

Kirk won't appear until Episode III. :D

And nice editing job. :)

RooJay
05-17-2002, 06:17 PM
sunblind, if you're going to post on every topic in just one forum you should try the Micro Machines forum! I hear it's cool to post ANY topic in there! The moderator even seems to welcome it!;) :D

Dar' Argol
05-17-2002, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by sunblind
hmmm....Didn't think it was a problem. Sorry, I don't have time to read all through the forums. Besides, the movie just came out, I'm overjoyed that the film was great and didn't think anyone would truly care at this point.

That is why we have a MOVIE section to the forums. plus seeing all the talk about TOYS should have been a clue. And regardless of what movie comes out, we do care. Its done to keep the forums clean and organized. Not a total mess, So its been moved:D.

pthfnder89
05-18-2002, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
A bigger scale Millenium Falcon is somthing Hasbro wants to do, but they are worried about the cost, and whether people will actually buy it. But if they do have the Falcon pop up in Episode III, like quite a few of us expect, that would be the perfect year for a new and bigger version of the ole girl. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Yeah, I have a problem seeing how Hasbro could make a ship that big, and actually make their money back.

But then again, if there is one single ship from Star Wars that they could do it with, it would definitely be the Falcon! :) So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

RooJay
05-20-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by pthfnder89


Yeah, I have a problem seeing how Hasbro could make a ship that big, and actually make their money back.

But then again, if there is one single ship from Star Wars that they could do it with, it would definitely be the Falcon! :) So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
21st Century Toys was able to make several MASSIVELY scaled vehicles, a few tanks, helicopters, etc., and they are still in business! They even have more vehicles coming! They are a MUCH smaller company than Hasbro and they seemed to manage this feat to pretty good effect. I'd be willing to save up $250-300 for a better scaled Falcon. I think a lot of us would.

scruffziller
06-07-2002, 12:28 AM
When the "space bus" lands on Naboo and drops off Anikin and Padme you see a familar ship off to the left, is that the Millenium Facon? Or is it just another Correlian freighter The picture has been on the forum before.

Jedi Clint
06-07-2002, 12:32 AM
Had you used the search function located at the bottom of this forum, you would have found the topic in which your question now resides. Please make an effort to check for existing topics before starting a new one in the future.

Beast
06-07-2002, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Clint
Had you used the search function located at the bottom of this forum, you would have found the topic in which your question now resides. Please make an effort to check for existing topics before starting a new one in the future.
Faster then a speeding bullet, ehh Jedi Clint. I was just directing him to this thread and got a invalid thread screen when you merged it here. Ya beat me for once, I applaud you. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
06-08-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by scruffziller
When the "space bus" lands on Naboo and drops off Anikin and Padme you see a familar ship off to the left, is that the Millenium Facon? Or is it just another Correlian freighter The picture has been on the forum before. Which one? There are 2 Corellian YT-1300 unmodified freighters next to each other in that shot? I think since we see 2, neither "must" be THE millennium falcon but either "could" be.