PDA

View Full Version : Noticed this about the rescue Mace... ???

Darth Ovori
04-17-2002, 01:52 PM
His right fore arm is from the deluxe Mace, as it has the hole for the force missile the deluxe shoots...

Darth Evil
04-17-2002, 01:56 PM
He'll probably have "lightsaber shooting action" or some stupid gimmick to RUIN the figure!

Beast
04-17-2002, 01:59 PM
The arm is quite a bit different then the one on the deluxe Mace. That one has a baggy sleeve to recess the launcher. I'm not sure why there is a hole there, it's pretty odd in my opinion. Maybe there is some hidden feature on the figure, that we don't know of. Or maybe they decided to make the whole hand a magnet (a much better idea) on later figures, so the force attraction would work better?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
04-17-2002, 02:05 PM
Not one decent Mace Windu untainted by crappity crap gimmicks. I bet Sam Jackson is well chuffed at that.

He's got a bloody button in his back. A bloody button that totally makes a mockery of the coolness of the character. A button that will give him a spastic action like he's lost control of the central nervous system or something. How could they do that to Mace and to Sam Jackson? It's sacrilege quite honestly. In deference to Sam I wouldn't touch either Mace figure, even with a big poopy stick. Horrible things. I call for these to be recalled on the grounds that they are offensive to the eye and to Sam Jacksons reputation.

JEDIpartner
04-17-2002, 02:10 PM
Are we talking about Red in the face Mace? I'm sure the arm is different as the deluxe one couldn't put its arms down if it wanted to. I haven't seen the offending arm close up. I suppose I'll go wander around the net until I DO run across a picture of it. Sad... very sad.

Darth Ovori
04-17-2002, 02:11 PM
What bugs me more about this figure is his saber...
No gold paint to show those netto finishes like the one in the movie...

Beast
04-17-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
Are we talking about Red in the face Mace? I'm sure the arm is different as the deluxe one couldn't put its arms down if it wanted to. I haven't seen the offending arm close up. I suppose I'll go wander around the net until I DO run across a picture of it. Sad... very sad.
Here ya go JEDIpartnr, it's a close up bubble shot of Mace from Sir Steve's archives. The hole isn't to distracting, but I definatly need to buy 2 of this figure, and 2 of the Deluxe figures, and do a head swap. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
04-17-2002, 02:20 PM
Wow... now that I've gotten a chance to look at the figure again... I think I may go and cry.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-17-2002, 02:37 PM
What freaks me out about this figure is that Grace Jones-like screaming expression. It looks like he's about to pass a wookie or something even bigger.

LTBasker
04-17-2002, 03:11 PM
Maybe you plug Obi-Wan's transmitter or one of Jango's jetpacks into it. :D

Ya know it's quite ironic, as much as people knock the E1 basic Mace figure, it's so far much better than the E2 basic Mace that hasn't been released yet.

JEDIpartner
04-17-2002, 03:18 PM
thank you! :D

Jargo
04-17-2002, 03:31 PM
Perhaps the hole is for the deluxe figures accessories? Doesn't he have one that just slides through the arm? The blue thing I think it is. But then why would he have a clenched fist on that arm? Peculiar. These pics showing up, are they genuine saleable goods as we will get them or just the Hasbro promotional versions salesmen take round? Is there going to be a pack-in thingy to account for this or is it going to be another hole in the belt for a saber to plug into, but no peg on the saber to plug into the hole sort of thing?

Taichi
04-27-2002, 03:26 PM
There is one Mace figure that doesn't suck.....

the Preview Episode I Mace.....

I'm not even gonna bother with these craplump E2 figures!

DarthMaulSithLord
04-27-2002, 07:24 PM
I haven't seen any of the AOTC Mace Windu figs in person. As a matter of fact i haven't seen any AOTC items in person, but from the pics, i really like the Deluxe Mace. His sculpt is great and i will buy him if he comes out here. I love that fig!

:D

pthfnder89
04-28-2002, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Ya know it's quite ironic, as much as people knock the E1 basic Mace figure, it's so far much better than the E2 basic Mace that hasn't been released yet.

Who doesn't like the Ep1 Mace? He's always been one of my favorite figures. Granted his cloak looks like crap, but if you take it off he's an awesome figure. The best Mace ever I'd say

DARTH_SKELETOR
04-28-2002, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by DarthMaulSithLord
I haven't seen any of the AOTC Mace Windu figs in person. As a matter of fact i haven't seen any AOTC items in person, but from the pics, i really like the Deluxe Mace. His sculpt is great and i will buy him if he comes out here. I love that fig!

:D

Your right my fellow Sith Lord. The deluxe Mace rules! I have it loose and moc.

Jargo
04-28-2002, 02:11 PM
Found this pic in a Sunday supplement magazine that clearly shows his arm and that hole in the sleeve which must be designed for a gimmick of some description. Anyway, here it is...

LTBasker
04-28-2002, 02:15 PM
Looks like the butt of lightsaber would plug in there. So he's "something-up-his-sleeve Mace." Actually looks like a soap opera of a man breaking up with his lightsaber? :rolleyes:

Darth Sidious
04-28-2002, 03:21 PM
I really like that mace Windu's face, they did a great job on that. But the rest of the figure...Well, it sucks.

spacelord
05-09-2002, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Looks like the butt of lightsaber would plug in there. So he's "something-up-his-sleeve Mace." Actually looks like a soap opera of a man breaking up with his lightsaber? :rolleyes:

If you put the end of the lightsaber in the hole and the metal part against the magnet, the saber stays in his hand when you press the button instead of thowing it.