PDA

View Full Version : Why not more army kits from Hasbro... (just included pic)

Darth Ovori
04-17-2002, 08:19 PM
I've just ordered the Stormtrooper 10 figure build them yourself...
Cannot wait... ;)

Now why does'nt hasbro make more of these...
Heres a list of what I would buy...

Episode 1
Pit Droids
Destroyer Droids
Various R2 units

Classic
Biker Scouts
Jawas

E2
Clone troopers (Red ones only for me)
Royal Guards

Damn man they'll probably sell more and save more money from producing packaging...

BoShek
04-17-2002, 08:38 PM
I've just ordered the Stormtrooper 10 figure build them yourself...

?

DeadEye
04-17-2002, 08:38 PM
I think the red clones are NCOs or officers and the plain white ones are privates or HRUNTS!!!!!! (grunts) :D

Darth Ovori
04-17-2002, 08:50 PM
http://toypalace2.shoppingserver.de/shop.mv?Choice=ShowPopup&Artikel=879

Thats what ordered myself... Ain't it cool...

Wolfwood319
04-17-2002, 08:59 PM
This is the first I've heard of it. Something about ordering figures in pieces doesn't seem quite....kosher...

Lord Tenebrous
04-17-2002, 09:02 PM
It looks like somebody went to TRU, bought all the Commtech Stormie's, and split them apart. I'd rather have the 10 original sonic-welded figures.

Darth Ovori
04-17-2002, 09:04 PM
Hey it's cheap for both us the buyers and Hasbro...

They probably had thousands lift from production, and with the assemble and packaging would of costed them a bit... SO they've probably decided to sell them like that...

I think this is a brillant idea... Dammit Hasbro should make Destroyer Droids... We need them to wack the JEdi's... ;)

Wolfwood319
04-17-2002, 09:08 PM
Well, I just checked out the site selling this set. I don't read that particular language (German?), but since this is the first I've heard of it, I'm a bit suspicious.

I don't think Hasbro had anything to do with this. Seems the company just got a bunch of pieces and are now offering them as sets. Why they wouldn't be already built is beyond me.:confused:

Darth Ovori
04-17-2002, 09:16 PM
If you go on the main page it has a tab for the English version, on the top right below the banner...

This site is porbably the best in StarWars goods for us Europeans...

Why they would'nt be built, many saved form glue and assemble... or maybe the new assemble machines are already for the 2002 toys production only...

This is not the first... Already 2 years ago.... Hasbro did this with the Dewback Sandtrooper, which were sold in packs of five... although already put together... But with the back packs missing and cardless, as these were over produced figures short of Dewbacks produced...

Rebelscum already had an article on this a while ago, and if I remember correct, they did mention it was done by Hasbro...

LTBasker
04-17-2002, 10:28 PM
Hey you should get some Clone Trooper figures and take them apart then try a possible kit-bash using those Trooper bodies.

How much did the 10-pack of Troopers cost?

Mandalorian Candidat
04-17-2002, 10:33 PM
Wow, what an interesting idea! I wonder why no one else has marketed these? It would seem like they would fall apart easily since they aren't factory assembled.

sith_killer_99
04-17-2002, 11:18 PM
I have seen these on the website.

I also saw a few on ebay.

Looks pretty cool! GREAT for customizers. They are would also be pretty easy to assemble.

sith_killer_99
04-17-2002, 11:18 PM

Looks pretty cool! GREAT for customizers. They would also be pretty easy to assemble.

sith_killer_99
04-17-2002, 11:19 PM

Looks pretty cool! GREAT for customizers. They would also be pretty easy to assemble.

sith_killer_99
04-17-2002, 11:29 PM
Sorry for the double post, looks like my computer (or my connection) got messed up for a minute.

Amanamike
04-18-2002, 01:28 AM
They look like peices of models. Do they snap together or do you glue them together??? I think I d rather buy mine assembled though, save the hassles. That bunch of parts looks like...you get what you pay for.. OH YA GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!! Vancouver-1 Detroit-0

Darth Ovori
04-18-2002, 09:35 AM
Spoke to a friend that all already has it...

They are legit, have the hasbro markings and the same qaulity...

Yes they do snap together, and don't need any glue, but a drop of superglue in the centre pin won't hurt if you're playing with them...

While I've been putting together a diaroma and needed Stormtroopers, but no way was I gonna pay 13,00+ for a reguler comtech carded...+Shipping...

Now for 65 Dollaz included shipping I'm getting 10!!!
Like I said, this is perfect for army builders and customizers...
And hey I love putting things together... :D