PDA

View Full Version : Clonetrooper Speeder Bikes.

Battle Droid
04-17-2002, 08:58 PM
Here's a pic of them,

Look familiar? ;)

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=ccg/images/swtcg_collage2.jpg

Wolfwood319
04-17-2002, 09:00 PM
This game looks like a Star Wars themed "Magic: the Gathering." Pretty lame in my opinion.

Cool pics though.

JonoFett
04-17-2002, 09:07 PM
Yet another subtle way of linking the prequels to OT. Good to see them, although they don't seem to have evolved much in the intervening years between eps 2 & 6.

Lone Jedi
04-17-2002, 09:11 PM
Yeah, awesome pics; the spoiler dialogue is cool too.

chewie
04-17-2002, 09:21 PM
Nice pics. Guess we'll be seeing some speeder bikes with very bow legged clones in toy stores at some point.

And its one thing to have scout troopers with their large visors riding a speeder bike, but clonetroopers with those tiny T shaped visors? It'd have to be very tough.

Battle Droid
04-17-2002, 10:19 PM
Notice the Pod Racing on the screen in the Bar on one of the other cards, so I guess that's the Pod Racing in Ep2.

Lord Tenebrous
04-17-2002, 10:25 PM
Yep, Booles Roor's podracer. And to the right, Nuna-ball. Don't know about the far right one...

Pretty cool. :)

Battle Droid
04-17-2002, 11:01 PM
Don't know about the far right one...

Looks like Destroyer Droids in the Arena to me. Strange.

Beast
04-17-2002, 11:05 PM
Cool. There is rumor of a Deluxe CloneTrooper later this year. Would be cool if he came with the speeder bike. Hopefully they find a way to make the legs look good both standing and riding the bike. :)

Something intresting that I noticed on the card for "Clone Platoon" is the quote. "They say Sifo-Dyas placed the order for the clones almost 10 years ago. I was under the impression that he was killed before that." Before we thought that Sidious was using a fake name, to order the clones. But now, according to the quote there really used to be a Sifo-Dyas.

Is it possible that Sidious was once Sifo-Dyas, and studied the sith holocron to much, and was corrupted by it? That he may have started to get delusions of power. So perhaps he faked his death and went into hiding, trained Maul, and began his plot for power? Then after his plans were ready, with a new guise and name Sidious, he resurfaced many many years later?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jawaboy
04-18-2002, 08:30 AM
That certainly would be an interesting twist Binksboy.

he-ro
04-18-2002, 09:48 AM
That is cool. I thought they might have been like the Swoop bikes.

Taichi
04-18-2002, 10:00 PM
Sifo Dyas Palpatine???

hmmm....maybe!

RooJay
04-18-2002, 10:44 PM
I tend to doubt the authenticity of the Speeder Bike image. For one it looks doctored to me. Also, game companies have been known to digitally alter and manipulate images for these types of cards in the past. Maybe the movie will prove me wrong.

Jargo
04-19-2002, 05:05 PM
We know they ride some kind of speeder as the books confirm this. They store the bikes in the back of the AT-TE thingies - the ones with six legs that look like an early AT-AT. The image may only be doctored in the sense that we don't see that particular image in the movie but maybe this was a composite of the bluescreen work done by ILM and some background work from unfinished shots. It's just a red sandy surface and some wispy smoke with the speeders so....
The image on the bikes looks a bit weird though. Can't figure out what it is. a big red splodge... looks like the image on the top fin of the toy version of the skyhopper from luke's garage to me.

One thing is certain the clonetroopers don't look very comfortable on them. Looks like they're sitting on a pin cushion or something. It'd be very insidious of hasbro to have done a deal with Lucas to include stuff in this new movie that they already had toy molds of wouldn't it? Another chance to re-use the speeder bike mold. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm........

DarthChuckMc
07-30-2002, 08:08 PM
Does ANYONE have a picture of the Clonetrooper's Speederbike? You can barely make out the shape of it from the photos of the Republic Gunship packaging. I read a while back that there is a pic on the movie card or the playing cards, but I can't find them anywhere on the net. Help.

DarthBatman
07-30-2002, 11:46 PM
I was under the impression that Obi Wan says something to the Jedi Council from Kamino toi the extent of: "He says the order was placed by master Sify-Dyas. But died over ten years ago...." or something like that. Am I wrong?

Jedi Clint
07-31-2002, 01:08 AM
Please keep this discussion on topic. The Sifo-Dyas discussion is located here:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8249

Reading through that topic will probably answer any questions you have on the subject, and you may even find that your take on the issue has already been presented.

Back to the bikes.

sunblind
07-31-2002, 12:53 PM
I hope at a much closer view of the bikes, results in a different looking speederbike.

JediTricks
08-01-2002, 06:07 PM
Well, the pics of the toy are in the SDCC coverage (http://216.127.66.72/ss/gallery/album03), and it looks like there is no bag/poncho/fabric whatever on the back. Also, I can't be sure, but it looks like the main body is slightly sleeker than the ROTJ speederbike. Other than that, it looks the same.

Darth Marra 54
08-06-2002, 06:02 PM
Forget about the bike how about the removable armor Clone Tropper!