PDA

View Full Version : Thanks goodness for the EP1 commtech chips

Mountaineer Jedi
04-17-2002, 11:20 PM
I recently purchased Jango Fett(Kamino Escape) and the SuperBattleDroid and I'm thankful I still have an abundent supply of the old EP1 commtech chips because there is no possible way for these figures to stand up without help of somekind. But even with the chips I'm surprised the SBD is standing at all with those paper thin legs its got.
I did expect this though since the preview figures(except R3-T7) I opened fell over if you looked at them wrong. I hope some of the upcoming figures are a little more stable, but as the old saying goes, "I've got a bad feeling about this."

JediTricks
04-18-2002, 12:44 AM
On my preview figs, they ALL stand perfectly for me, even on my shakey desk. Jango is so stable that he's on top my SUPER wobbly monitor! I think Hasbro has really asked a lot of loose collectors though because they keep making the figures more and more extreme in their poses and it keeps taking me longer and longer to get them to stand by themselves. I buy stands for the few that fall down every few days though, as I've already used up EVERY commchip. :p

Battle Droid
04-18-2002, 12:54 AM
I use the Destroyer Droid chips for other figs, though I've only got 5.

JEDIpartner
04-18-2002, 01:14 PM
I bought 100 stands about two weeks ago. I couldn't get ANY of the figures to stand on their own (other than the R3)...

I had to take a drill to Mace deluxe's feet because he had no feet holes. Deluxe Jango doesn't have holes either, but he seems to do all right with that mammoth jet-pack hanging off of him.

IcebergSlim
04-18-2002, 01:16 PM
You couldn't get Jango or the Super Droid to stand? That's odd. The only I've had problems with is Plo Koon, but I've finally found a stable pose for him.