PDA

View Full Version : Dexster Jettster

ishi tib
04-18-2002, 10:44 AM
If I were Siskel or Ebert, this fella would get 2 thumbs up.
I guess I never really compared the pictures of this guy to the other figures before I saw him, but this guy is huge, a little bigger than the POTJ Boss Nass, and he dwarfs nearly all the other figures (except for maybe Muftak) in girth.
I predict that Dexter will be an automatic collector favorite when everyone sees him on the 23rd. He's got a pretty nice neutral pose, 4 arms (who doesn't like multi-limbed aliens?), amazing detailing including grease stains on his shirt & apron and tatoos on all of his knuckles, and, of course the power spatula of death:p
Overall, I really can't say enough good things about this one. Dexster's about as cool as they come. Go out & get yours & have yourselves an intergalactic cookout!

2-1B
04-18-2002, 01:41 PM
Shouldn't he get *4* thumbs up? :D

Thanks for the review, I've not really noticed the tatoos before.
Oh, I'll be getting mine right away, he's my "first grab". :)

JEDIpartner
04-18-2002, 01:49 PM
Hurrah!!! He doesn't suck!!! Maybe he's a POTJ refugee!

Beast
04-18-2002, 02:22 PM
Yeah, he's definatly a great figure. He was one of the one of the 10 that I ordered early, and should have Saturday. Can't wait to remove him from his plastic prison and mess around with him for a while. Gotta love those big honking figures. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
04-18-2002, 05:12 PM
The only thing that would be negative about this figure is if they didn't put the little bird logo on his shirt. But seeing as this figure is great, I'll let that slide. :)

Beast
04-18-2002, 05:19 PM
He has the logo on his shirt, according to the photos I have seen. Is your's missing his...cause here is a big picture of the figure loose, and he has the logo on the left side of his chest. :)

http://www.tradefederation.net/img/dexterjettster.jpg

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

NiktosRule
04-18-2002, 05:20 PM
I personally think Dexster is one of the worst looking figures that is coming out. I will get his figure but I don't think I'll like him very much.

Lord Tenebrous
04-18-2002, 05:37 PM
Thanks, Jar Jar. I guess the light was reflecting off that side in the other pictures I have.

I can see why some people might not be estatic about him, but I think he's one of the more solid figures in this line so far. Just so very detailed and accurate.

Wolfwood319
04-18-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by NiktosRule
I personally think Dexster is one of the worst looking figures that is coming out. I will get his figure but I don't think I'll like him very much.

Why would you get a figure you won't like?

Have we discussed Dexter's "other" bird sign? When you look at him from the front though, you really can't tell, though.

Beast
04-18-2002, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
Thanks, Jar Jar. I guess the light was reflecting off that side in the other pictures I have.

I can see why some people might not be estatic about him, but I think he's one of the more solid figures in this line so far. Just so very detailed and accurate.
No thanks necissary, just doing my part to clear up most of the problems people seem to have with the new figures. Makes me feel good to help you guys out with stuff like this. And when you have 4 fingers, how can you have a middle finger? :D

I really like the figure, he's huge and well detailed. I dunno why alot of people are so critical about him for. He's exactly what they seem to want, a non-action stance with no play features. But there is complaining about him anyway. :rolleyes:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

haggis
04-21-2002, 09:09 AM
Dexter rules! Got him yesterday(Hasbro has lifted the April 23 restriction here). You get your money's worth of plastic with this guy. Cool accessories too. Nice job Hasbro!

NiktosRule
04-21-2002, 01:52 PM
Wolfwood I'm getting him because I get 1 figure of all characters. If they come out with 2 Dexters I wouldn't get the 2nd one but I have to have 1 fig of every character.

stormie
04-29-2002, 01:42 PM
Dexter's by far my favorite so far (don't have Luminara, Taun, or Red Guard yet). Detail is excellent; he stands easily...with no time-consuming balancing and manipulation of arms and legs; and he's sturdy. Too bad the PC police removed his pipe. The dart he now comes with just kinda acts as extra filler.

Taichi
05-15-2002, 04:27 PM
I just bought Dex today, May 15th at K-Mart

I got him, and the Geonosian Warrior......

Dex is now my favorite Saga figure......

above all my previous favorites, Orn Free Taa, Red Guard, Bespin Luke, all.....

I love Dex, big, squashy fat dude, with four arms, and yes, the electro-spatula of doom......

everything about this figure makes me wonder why Boss Nass from Episode I was such a miss......

oh well, Hasbro made good with this guy!!!

oh, and the Geo warrior is pretty cool too.....he's commanding my Massiff Geonosian.....

Vortex
05-15-2002, 04:40 PM
I think that "bird" logo on his shirt is like an eopie brand name...sort of like polo or izod. He's a stylish dude working in a dump, he has to show a little class. Either that or its how many he's butchered. Sort of like the sillouette on a figher jet as to how many other jets they've shot down...

Sith Worm
05-15-2002, 04:49 PM
He is sweet wish we wouldn't have been shorted with the pipe. If you look on the back you can see he actually had a two handed pipe origanly ,but got scratched probably so the kids wouldn't choke on it!...

Beast
05-15-2002, 05:11 PM
Sith Worm, it was scratched because I don't think Dexter is seen with it in the movie. I think he was planned to have one in the original charecter designs, and it was dropped. Remeber all of these figures started being designed while the movie was still being made. It's similar to what happened with the E1 R2-D2 w/ Booster Rockets not showing up in the movie. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bandontherun
05-24-2002, 11:54 PM
If you need a Dexter figure, come to VA. Honestly, we've got about 700 of him in each store.