PDA

View Full Version : Dejarik Chewie question

ishi tib
04-18-2002, 10:00 AM
I never got a chance to pick one of these up, and I've been wondering whether the Dejarik board & seat can fit in place of the old one in the Falcon. Any help here would be hot!

pthfnder89
04-18-2002, 10:07 AM
Yup, they sure can. I've though about opening mine just so I can put replace the board in my Falcon, but I only bought one and $7 is pretty steep to be spending just so I can have a little accessorie. I don't really need that Chewie.:)

Turbowars
04-28-2002, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by pthfnder89
Yup, they sure can. I've though about opening mine just so I can put replace the board in my Falcon, but I only bought one and $7 is pretty steep to be spending just so I can have a little accessorie. I don't really need that Chewie.:) I'm not trying to be a smart @ss, but how do you know it fits if you haven't tried it yourself?

fourtwo
04-28-2002, 05:34 PM
hahahaha
:crazed:

mark2d2
05-04-2002, 06:42 PM
When that figure was out, it was brought several times on these boards . . . I don't have a Falcon out here -- but had one as a kid and this piece should definitely fit in.

Dryanta
05-04-2002, 06:45 PM
It fits nicely.Both are open and together

Figurestasher
05-07-2002, 02:44 AM
Chewie and the chair w/ table all fit perfect in the vintage falcon. There is also room for R2 still. The vintage table and POTJ table a very similiar also.

187-Maul
05-07-2002, 08:39 AM
does anybody maybe have a pic of the falcon with dejarik chewie inside? I would like to see how it looks

Mandalorian Candidat
05-07-2002, 10:21 AM
Has anyone tried putting that one-pose wonder in the Falcon cockpit? He probably has his hairy elbow in Han's face.

JEDIpartner
05-07-2002, 10:21 PM
I put the Dejarik board in my vintage Falcon and it looks great! I think this is a pretty awesome thing... it's like a better version pf Little Anakin's N1 controller.

Dak Powers
05-09-2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by 187-Maul
does anybody maybe have a pic of the falcon with dejarik chewie inside? I would like to see how it looks

rofl! I was never able to find the figure, although I want one so bad :(

Pschtyckque
05-15-2002, 12:49 PM
I tried putting that Chewie in the cockpit. No luck. Haven't found one that fits yet. I had the recent Cantina Han in the pilot's seat, but he was lonely, so I removed him and put the vintage Han and Chewie back in. :D

stillakid
05-15-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by 187-Maul

Here's a couple of them I made just for you. :)

stillakid
05-15-2002, 02:04 PM
And another closer up.

187-Maul
05-16-2002, 07:56 AM
specially for me? you shouldn't have...:p
thanx for the pics

BTW why didn't the POTF2 falcon have the training droid included? would have been a nice extra if it would be better made

Pschtyckque
05-16-2002, 12:31 PM
They took it out to make room for the battery compartment.

BanthaPoodoo
05-16-2002, 02:12 PM
Was that the POTF2 falcon or the original?? It looks kind of plain if its the POTF2 version.

(only asking cause I have never seen either up close. I missed out on the POTF2 one :()

stillakid
05-16-2002, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by BanthaPoodoo
Was that the POTF2 falcon or the original?? It looks kind of plain if its the POTF2 version.

(only asking cause I have never seen either up close. I missed out on the POTF2 one :()

That's the vintage in my picture. I never bought the new one so I don't know what the differences are. The drag is that the pegs for the feet aren't compatible with the new figs.

Figurestasher
05-17-2002, 02:32 AM
Stillakid, I have my falcon set up identical. Same figures except for I've got C-3PO w/ removable limbs in mine. Wait maybe yours is that way too. This is scary. I didn't put up a pick cause it is packed away, but I don't think I could beat your pic anyways. It's a nice one. If you need a gun for the top of the Falcon I believe I have an extra hanging around. BTW in my opinion the vintage falcon is the best of all falcons.

stillakid
05-17-2002, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Figurestasher
Stillakid, I have my falcon set up identical. Same figures except for I've got C-3PO w/ removable limbs in mine. Wait maybe yours is that way too. This is scary. I didn't put up a pick cause it is packed away, but I don't think I could beat your pic anyways. It's a nice one. If you need a gun for the top of the Falcon I believe I have an extra hanging around. BTW in my opinion the vintage falcon is the best of all falcons.

I don't remember which 3PO it is. I picked the dirtiest one out of the box. I could use a replacement gun. The connecting peg in mine is broken so it doesn't stay together at all. I broke it a long time ago, in a town far far away. At that time, Hasbro cared, but being a little kid, I didn't send away for a new one.

pthfnder89
05-17-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by stillakid

That's the vintage in my picture. I never bought the new one so I don't know what the differences are. The drag is that the pegs for the feet aren't compatible with the new figs.

There are a few, the biggest one being that there is a nice new paint job. But most of the "detailing" was from the stickers the it came with.

I remember this ticked me off when I bought it because I had read an article with the design team when they were making it that asked what kind of changes they were making from the vintage toy. The specifically said that they were changing the mold a bit to add on sculpted details like the melted laser burns on the hull. It turns out that they only changed the mold to make room for lights and new electronics, and all the other detail came from about 5 billion stickers that you had to apply yourself.:rolleyes:

Still it's a nice toy. The sounds are great and it has two red laser lights on the top and bottom of the mandibles, as well as the "headlights" you can see when they are flying into the space slugs asteroid in ESB. For some reason they didn't include the training remote and they even took out the little peg that it was placed on in the vintage. That always bugged me.:(