PDA

View Full Version : Wrong robes on Plo Koon?

pthfnder89
04-18-2002, 10:35 AM
Ok, so I was reading the Entertainment Weekly last week on vacation and I noticed something odd in one of the pictures.

This awesome two-paged picture of the Jedi surrounded by droids (as seen in the last trailer) is very cool, but Plo koon is shown very close up and he is wearing his full length Jedi robes. The Hasbro Plo Koon Arena Battle figure is shown wearing only his undertunic. How did that happen?:confused:

I'm guessing one of two possibilities:

A) Hasbro didn't actually have a picture of the Arena Battle, so they had to do some guessing
B) Hasbro DID know that Plo wore his full length robes, but since they already had a POTJ version of him like this, they decided to do the second one differently.

And other thoughts?

CrossWizard
04-18-2002, 10:52 AM
I see what you mean, but to me it looks like that battle is not over so maybe he will take them off later when things get more heated and dangerous.

LTBasker
04-18-2002, 01:16 PM
Spoiler....

After they defeat ALL the battle droids in the Arena by having Padme take off her shirt which overloads the circuits on the droids, Plo decides to do his own strip show after being surrounded by a bunch of Geonosians in which he only gets his outer robe off before they are struck down by seizures from the mere thought.

pthfnder89
04-18-2002, 02:17 PM
Lol LTB :)

Originally posted by CrossWizard
I see what you mean, but to me it looks like that battle is not over so maybe he will take them off later when things get more heated and dangerous.

I don't think so. This picture is from near the end of the battle, which is why I thought it was strange that he still has his robes on, if he was going to take them off at some point.

It's possible that he takes them off near the end but it doesn't seem too likely at this point. I think Hasbro just made a whoopsee!

Beast
04-18-2002, 02:22 PM
Luminara is there in the pic with her outer robes on also, but I know that she discards them and fights in just her skin tight inner bodysuit. And Anakin obviously hasn't had his confrontation with Dooku yet either, so the battle isn't over quite yet. So Plo Koon may discard his robes as well, when the CloneTroopers arrive. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Ovori
04-18-2002, 02:32 PM
No, no, no... there's nothing wrong... it's Hasbro's and GL touch of thier trademarks for screwing things up!!!

pthfnder89
04-18-2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Luminara is there in the pic with her outer robes on also, but I know that she discards them and fights in just her skin tight inner bodysuit.

Oooh, kinky! :D Seriously though, I wonder if she keeps that large headpiece on; it would be pretty funny to see her fighting in a cat suit and that hat.

Where did you hear about that JJB? I'd love to see some pictures of the Jedi that late in the battle.

Beast
04-18-2002, 04:17 PM
Yes she keeps the headdress on after she chucks the cloak. I read the report about her fighting that way somewhere, though I can't recall where now. It was someone complaning about the figure, saying that she doesn't fight the whole time in the arena in her cloak, and that the cloaked version should have been a regular non-action posed version.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks