PDA

View Full Version : POTF figures in the POTJ line

Mandalorian Candidat
04-18-2002, 10:56 AM
Just a general questions to throw out for everyone. What figures would we have gotten in the CommTech POTF line that eventually came out in POTJ?

Remember how the line started with figures from ANH (Luke, Han, Greedo, Jawa, R2, DV, ST, Leia, Motti)? They were all from the first part in ANH, i.e., Tantive IV (Leia, ST), Luke's homestead (Luke, R2, Jawa), the Cantina (Han, Greedo), and the DS before Luke et. al. shows up (DV, Motti). Then we were supposed to get Chewie Dejarik, which was put on the back of the CT POTF cards.

Were the other figures released for POTJ supposed to follow this arc if POTF had continues? We soon after got from ANH OB1, which looks like he's posed for the MF scene and Jek Porkins. Later there was X-Wing Luke, Sandtrooper, and DS Han (I'm not counting R4-M9, Zutton, and BoShek since they came out well after all the other ANH ones).

For ESB there was Mechanic Chewie, Lando, Bespin Leia, Bespin Escape Han, Bespin Sec. Guard, 300th Boba, Dagobah Vader and FX-7.

For ROTJ we had Biker Scout, EW Vader, Teebo, and probably more which I can't remember now.

Did Hasbro plan all or most of these figures to be included in the CT POTF line? From what it looked like, they were planning on producing figures in pretty much a sequential order through the OT that had either been produced only once or that had never been released before.

I really wish they had kept up with this supposed plan. I thought the CT chips, although slightly lacking in voice quality, a great idea. I'll rue their absence for a long time.

JEDIpartner
04-18-2002, 12:47 PM
I don't believe they were to be part of the POTF2 Commtech line. I had only seen pictures of the ones that came out and Mas Amedda, Chewie Dejarik, Shmi and Tusken Raider sniper as part of the Commtech line.

The commtech chips were to be oval at that point of the line.

icatch9
04-18-2002, 01:21 PM
I liked the idea of these figures comeing out in movie order, but that didn't seem to work out. I don't miss the CT, but it was a neat idea. They would have been a main stay if they would have just sounded real.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-18-2002, 04:30 PM
This questions is for everybody.

What if Hasbro made improved CT chips with either better sound, more lines, or both and sold them separately (like a pack of them) and made them compatible with the existing readers. Would you be more interested in them then?

187-Maul
04-18-2002, 05:04 PM
not if packed separetly and also not if they would have increased the price if being a pack-in
I mean I like them but I don't want to spend some extra cash on them

sith_killer_99
04-18-2002, 05:15 PM
I don't think the idea was to release them in movie order.

They also had Coruscant Guard and Lott Dodd on the burner.

We STILL need our Lott Dodd!!!

The oval chips were to be the Commtech 2 (or 2nd generation commtech chip). These reportedly had better sound quality.

I liked them as stands, but that was it! In fact, if Hasbro REALLY wants to give us a useful pack-in it should be stands! They did it with the 4 inch GI Joe line!!!

Mandalorian Candidat
04-18-2002, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99
I don't think the idea was to release them in movie order.

They also had Coruscant Guard and Lott Dodd on the burner.

If Hasbro hadn't started up the POTJ, we still would be getting the EP1 and POTF lines totally separate from each other. Seeing the pattern that was set by the CT POTF release, I'm convinced that was their plan until it was decided to shake things up by merging both lines.

I'm so surprised by the amount of collectors that don't like the chips. If all people wanted were a stand, they got one with a bonus of having the speaking ability. I wish Hasbro had kept on with it in the POTJ line. Potential figures like Hey Tow would be just awesome with a CT chip.

fourtwo
04-19-2002, 03:25 PM
lott dodd is essential. not a day goes by that i don't look at nute and rune and wish i had a lott dodd with that funky chair to put along side them