PDA

View Full Version : Look at what they've done to Anakins back...

Darth Ovori
04-18-2002, 12:34 PM
http://www.tradefederation.net/img/anakinback.JPG

I want to cry... :cry: :cry: :cry:

JEDIpartner
04-18-2002, 12:38 PM
Nice toggle wheel there, buddy! You're right! Hasbro sure is making these for the collectors! :rolleyes: NOT! Well... I'm just happy he's not posed so it looks like he's taking a dump in the woods... like most of the other Jedi figures.

stillakid
04-18-2002, 12:38 PM
That's gotta hurt.

2-1B
04-18-2002, 01:39 PM
How terrible, I really wanted to get a figure of Anakin in this costume. *sigh* :confused:

InsaneJediGirl
04-18-2002, 01:44 PM
:frus: I smell a boom in the Sculptey Clay industry:evil:

DarthMaulSithLord
04-18-2002, 02:02 PM
Who cares, when you have him on display or in his bubble, who'll notice? Anyway, he can now compete against R2 in a race!

:)

JEDIpartner
04-18-2002, 02:02 PM
"The wheel in my back keeps on turning...
it spins my left wrist but it doesn't belong...
The wheel in my back keeps on turning...
We'll get another resculpt tomorrow...!"

from "Journey sings STAR WARS"

LTBasker
04-18-2002, 02:10 PM
"He's more machine now than figure."

Wolfwood319
04-18-2002, 02:28 PM
Reminds me of my Scarecrow figure from the Batman TAS line.

Whatever happened to squeezing their legs for "battle-action"?

Beast
04-18-2002, 02:47 PM
Yeah, while I'm not a huge fan of the wheel in his back, I don't think it looks all that bad. I have seen figures with play features that were alot more akward looking then these. He's still a million times better then Anakin: Peasent. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
04-18-2002, 02:51 PM
Yeah but even Padme is above Peasant Anakin, as she can REALLY hold her blaster, his just floats in front of his hand in which he can't grip it so he looks silly if you want him mostly using his blaster instead of his lightsaber. What's a Jedi doing with a blaster tho? Especially that dinky little thing, oh does it double as a whistle? :D

pthfnder89
04-18-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Yeah, while I'm not a huge fan of the wheel in his back, I don't think it looks all that bad. I have seen figures with play features that were alot more akward looking then these. He's still a million times better then Anakin: Peasent. :)

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure why this is such a big deal. I definitely wish it wasn't there but does that automatically make it a bad figure? Almost every Lord of the Rings figure I have (from Toy Biz; MASTERS of the screwed up gimmicks:)) has some sort of lever or button, and they really don't detract much from the rest of the toy.

I'm a lot more concerned about whether I can pose his arms myself, or if they're left too loose because of the special feature.

SithDroid
04-18-2002, 04:14 PM
Boo to the gimmicks Hasbro!:mad: :frus:

sith_killer_99
04-18-2002, 06:23 PM
Didn't they learn their lesson with those HORRIBLE EP1 Deluxe figures!!!

Luke: "What a piece of junk!"

Hasbro: "Watch your mouth kid, or you're gonna find yourself hunting for more EXCLUSIVES!"

LOL

Leia: "You paid for that thing! You're dumber than I thought!"

DarthMaulSithLord
04-18-2002, 09:29 PM
LOL

Anyways, is that Padmé fig stuck in that ugly arm position? Wish they made the "action-joint" less visible. And are we getting another Padmé anytime soon?

:confused:

Lord Tenebrous
04-18-2002, 09:42 PM
We're going to be waiting a while for the good Padme dresses (Senatorial Gown, Peasant Gown). The next Padme should be the Pilot one, which is a Padme head stuck on Captain Typho's body. Helmet included. :zzz:

For all the action features, this line is having a very boring start. Slide-wheels and buttons look and work alright on a 6 inch figure. I'd imagine on a 4 inch, it's going to be hard to activate, and our hands will always be getting in the way. :(

Obi-Dan Kenobi
04-19-2002, 12:42 AM
I really thought this figure looked awesome, but now I've changed my mind. They are ruining a perfectly good figure by doing this. So after the 23rd, my shelf will still be lacking a Padme or Anakin from Episode 2. I think Padme looks cool in her pilot uniform. I just hope they don't screw it up. I REALLY hope they remake the white cat-suit Padme, even without the torn clothing. That's a great costume and I want a decent figure of her in it. As well as her other costumes. I don't know why we haven't gotten more from Episode 1 yet. :confused: :( :confused:

I might still get this Anakin, but only if it's a pegwarmer on clearance many months from now. (Or if it looks super-cool and I can't resist it when I actually see it in person!)