PDA

View Full Version : One busy week in the USA...! (23.4 & 25.4)

JEDIpartner
04-18-2002, 03:00 PM
Well... as we have all pretty much gotten ourselves worked up over the toys and whatnot... the media is helping us out by giving us a little more chew on as well!

It appears that the "Across the Stars" video will premiere on MTV during Tuesday afternoon's TRL. Once we get home with all our toys, books and soundtracks... we can plop our geeky arses in front of tele and see the new video!!!

Two days later, FOX affiliates will be airing "The Empire Strikes Back" (presumably the "Special Edition" version) with some extra bits on "Attack of the Clones". I'm going to guess that it may be little more than a few finished shots and lots of interviews or "behind the scenes" footage... still, that's a nice bonus for the end of the week and something to talk about on Friday at work!

The following TWO Thursdays will have FOX affiliates broadcasting "Return of the Jedi" and "The Phantom Menace" both including "Attack of the Clones" extras. Fun Fun Fun!!!!

JetsAndHeels
04-18-2002, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the info, JEDIpartnr. I had not heard about the video coming on TRL next Tuesday. I will definately check that out. Will probably need to sit down and take a breather after all the toy hunting.
I did know about FOX showing the movies though. I am looking forward to watching these and seeing what kind of info they can give us on AOTC. This is an exciting time for us!!

2-1B
04-19-2002, 02:05 AM
Exciting indeed! :) My VCR will see some serious recording time next week.

I wonder why they aren't squeezing ANH into the schedule . . .

bigbarada
04-19-2002, 02:54 AM
Just checked my TV Guide listings, ESB is slotted for 3 hours on Thursday. I guess that means there will be almost an hour of bonus Ep2 stuff.

Y'know with all these sneak peeks and trailers and documentaries, I can't wait until the first showing on May 16 so I can watch the film for the second time.:rolleyes:

JetsAndHeels
04-19-2002, 08:40 AM
NOTE TO SELF: Add a pack of blank VCR tapes to 4/23 shopping list.

CrossWizard
04-19-2002, 08:53 AM
Just checked my TV Guide listings, ESB is slotted for 3 hours on Thursday. I guess that means there will be almost an hour of bonus Ep2 stuff.

Actually, that may be due to commercials as well, I remember when they show ANH Special Edition on WGN it takes 2 1/2-3 hours.

JEDIpartner
04-19-2002, 09:42 AM
I think the reason they aren't showing "A New Hope" is because it DOES get such frequent airings on stations like WGN, TNT, TBS and Sci-Fi. It has been quite a while since there has been a wide-broadcast of either of the later films. This also gives FOX another opportunity to show "The Phantom Menace"... exactly one week before "Attack of the Clones" makes its big screen debut! Nice job FOX... now THAT'S committment! ;)

2-1B
04-20-2002, 05:17 AM
Good points partnr, and I'll add that ANH will be showing in various markets thru syndication around this time. :)

Taichi
04-20-2002, 04:24 PM
Feh......it's just a ploy to make us watch the special editions.....

so we can catch the Episode II stuff.....which will only be a few minutes at most, and chances are, will probably be the same for all three films......

Jargo
04-20-2002, 05:03 PM
Y'know, threads like this make me sad. My local council authority has planned out the laying of cables for the next ten years to take into account the fact that the analogue tv transmitters are all to be switched off in 2010 or sooner. This means everybody in the whole UK is to have digital transmission. Fine exept that every street round me already had cables laid and can get digital tv. We don't get our cables laid until 2006, without a cable we can't get any cable tv. Why do i need it? because terrestrial tv hasn't shown any of the star wars movies for years and the satellite channels and cable channels have. Well why not get a satellite dish then i hear you think, because my friends, the buildings around me put my house into a black spot for satellite transmitters so I can't recieve anything satellite either. This means that I can't get MTV or anything. I'm stuck with just five channels to choose from that are analogue transmissions. Five very dull boring channels. I hope you enjoy your viewing and think of little old me stuck here in TV hell. :(