PDA

View Full Version : Bad Shuttle Tyderium News?

Beast
04-18-2002, 02:41 PM
Rebelscum is reporting the following, and I hope and pray that they are mistaken about how many are going to be produced, or alot of people are going to be missing out on this one, especially with the scalper situaton for exclusives. :(

Shuttle Tyderium CONFIRMED
Mike: Rebelscum has just received word from FAO Shwarz that the Imperial Shuttle has been given the green light and officially confirmed! The shuttle will be the Tyderium, the vehicle which the Rebels use to infiltrate the Endor Moon in Return of the Jedi. The pricepoint is $125 and limited to only 5000 pieces. The ship will also have NO pack-in figure and there are no details yet if electronics will be included. FAO informs us that stores were sent a memo to begin taking preorders today for a December release. Keep checking Rebelscum for updates!

I did jump on the phone immediatly and call FAO about it, but the kind lady I spoke to, who checked with corporate headquarters for me said they have no information about the ship being avaliable, and as far as they know it hasn't been officially confirmed that they are getting it. She said that the best bet would be to check back in around September as that is when they would have more news. Ugh, damn panic attack....

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Ovori
04-18-2002, 02:47 PM
2 questions...

What is the differance between the various shuttles... ???

And will it be based on the original mold from the ROTJ line back in 1883... ???

InsaneJediGirl
04-18-2002, 02:50 PM
$125 dollars for a (most-likely) rehashed Imperial Shuttle?!It better be gold leafed and in a display case for that price.:frus: :eek:

aharry
04-18-2002, 02:52 PM
That would seriously suck!!:mad:I haven't been to Westshore Mall in a long time but I believe they closed shop here in Tampa!!:mad:Not only that, but that price is totally unacceptable!!I say let the scalpers have them, I'd rather try molding the plastic myself first!!:mad:

Beast
04-18-2002, 02:52 PM
Shuttle Tyderium is the name of the one that the Rebel Allience stole. The actual ship's name is a Imperial Lambda-class shuttle. I guess that is what your asking. :)

As for the mold, it will most likely be the same. There will of course be some new tooling and paint application. No news so far if the electronics will be included.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Paul-Kenobi
04-18-2002, 03:00 PM
as a colector my self but i have never had a Inperial Shuttle whats so bad about that ? i mean...... what where you Expecting?

i think thats alot of monney for a moldied peace of Palstic that we all love to play around with.

Dryanta
04-18-2002, 03:03 PM
What the hell!!
The price is nuts and only 5000!!!
I'm still planning on getting one just don't know how yet.
P*%$ me off!!

Beast
04-18-2002, 03:08 PM
I don't mind the price all that much, sure it's a bit higher then it should be, but we all knew when it was rumored for FAO that they were gonna stick it to collectors.

What ticks me off is the news that they might make only 5000. What the hell is the deal with that? They better be limited to 1 per person or alot of us are going to miss out on this one. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

fourtwo
04-18-2002, 03:19 PM
alot?
try like nearly everyone if they don't.
scalpers what?

SithDroid
04-18-2002, 03:25 PM
I think that FAO probably stated that they didn't want too many made because after all they got stuck with TONS of Faambas that were clearanced down to $30. 5,000 doesn't seem like a whole lot. Plus $125, for plastic. Come on now. The original sold for around $30, what's with the almost $100 mark up for the same mold. Stupid if you ask me. I for one refuse to pay for something that expensive. I'd rather mold my own from melted model parts, which I could at least then make to scale instead of these scaled down vehicles that we always get.

I hate exclusives!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :frus: :mad: :frus:

LTBasker
04-18-2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
$125 dollars for a (most-likely) rehashed Imperial Shuttle?!It better be gold leafed and in a display case for that price.:frus: :eek:

Yep, and have them numbered, have them only 1-2 per ADDRESS, NOT ORDER and have truly "special" shipping at a regular shipping rate in which the box is put in a bigger box where the shuttles could be put in at least 2-3 inches from any edge of the box so not to be damaged.

Yeesh, the original Shuttle was released in the 80's which was only $40 and had the electronics... I know inflation gets involved here, but $125 compared to $40 when it's not even a new mold and they probably won't have to spring the $2 for the reject stock at Radioshock for the electronics to put into it, well hands down it's a bunch of buffalo cookies.

Truly though, the shuttle shouldn't be past $90 if it has no pack-in or electronics. If they're not putting the electronics, then fine. Just charge $5-$10 more to redo the inside and fix the front leg so it can fold up. Even with a pack-in though it shouldn't be THAT expensive, I mean look at the Bespin Playset. That didn't take alot to make, for a cheap Rebel Shuttle pack-in just grab the POTF2 Endor Soldier mold and make it so it can hold it's gun with both hands this time.

Battle Droid
04-18-2002, 04:03 PM
DAMN HASBRO AND THIER DAMN EXCLUSIVES! :mad:

pthfnder89
04-18-2002, 04:05 PM
I'm with JJB on the price; it doesn't bother me too much, but I keep comparing it in my mind to the Royal Starship. That was $100 but I felt like I got every bit of my moneys worth in it.

- A great pack-in droid, with an accessory
- tons of electronics
- an infrared droid fighter that could interact with it
- a cool, totally seperate escape vehicle (probably a $10 vehicle by their standards)
- a nifty little mechanical explosion feature.

Now for $125 you get

- one very cool ship about the same size as the Royal Starship
- nothing else.

They could do much better.:(

But I'll pay it anyways. What really bothers me is the number. I seriously want one of these and I DON'T want to pay a nickel more than retail on it.

Jargo
04-18-2002, 04:06 PM
It works out at 85 stirling roughly. add to that the $200 shipping FAO want to ship to the UK and that rules us out completely. No pack in figures and probably no electronics. No retooling just a few splurges of wispy black paint in the odd place. nothing new nothing different radically and the price is downright scandalous.
Not to mention the fact that it'll be made from this new bendy plastic so the wings will warp. Doesn't sound worth the hasle to be honest.
I was going to go flat out to get one but now i can't even be arsed to think about it anymore. FAO are welcome to them and long may they clog up their stockrooms. PAH!

pthfnder89
04-18-2002, 04:07 PM
P.S. wasn't Rebelscum the site that posted the bogus rumour that there would be only 5,000 Jedi starfighters made? That turned out to be a total misinterpretation.

I'm gonna wait and see on this one before I get to worked up...

LTBasker
04-18-2002, 04:16 PM
Yep they were, and all those other shuttle rumors. :rolleyes:

Mandalorian Candidat
04-18-2002, 04:35 PM
Is everybody giving stock in this rebelscum rumor? At this point is this item confirmed by anyone besides this Mike guy? I'll give it more credence if and when SSG gets evidence of it. Steve won't post stuff unless it's been confirmed from the source.

Bosskman
04-18-2002, 04:53 PM
I'm just as ancy about this as anyone else (the nearest FAO to me is in freakin Boston), but I think there is still hope. There's always good ol' Asia. I mean, we might have to pay more for it in the long run but I'd eat a can of dogfood if I thought it would get me the shuttle. The Eopie was never even released in North America and I managed to get one of those. Hong Kong or Japan or some place in the east will probably get them and we could maybe get them off the secondary market. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather just be able to walk into Walmart and get it for 90 bucks or so but we all know that aint gonna happen. I say we just ride it out and sooner or later those of us who really want it bad enuff will have it..... eventually.

sith_killer_99
04-18-2002, 05:06 PM
Huh, let's see:

FAO 5000 units at $125.00

Total: $625,000

Asian market (not restricted by "exclusives") 20000 units at $80.00

Total: $ 1,600,000

FAO is REALLY scre#ing this one up! If the RUMOR is in fact true.

therock0603
04-18-2002, 05:33 PM
Um...how old is this news you read JarJar? There was an April Fools joke back at the beginning of April about the Imperial Shuttle being released for $125 I believe. And of course, as I said, it was a joke. If this is old news that you dug up on their web site, then disregard it.... I thought everyone knew about that joke.

sith_killer_99
04-18-2002, 05:38 PM
There was an additional posting about the Shuttle AFTER the whole April Fools Joke.

Beast
04-18-2002, 05:41 PM
It's their latest news story that was just posted this afternoon, therock. Go check their frontpage :rolleyes: Sir Steve's guide was the one with the Imperial Shuttle joke, by the way. Either way, if this pans out true, I see alot of unsatisfied collectors. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

snakeplkn
04-18-2002, 05:42 PM
Just called FAO and the customer representative confirmed "they are taking preorders" but "just to let you know, this is no guarantee you'll get one." All they wanted was my name and phone number, too bad I can't charge for it right now and sit back and relax.

As for the price, yes it is not worth it. However eBay prices of shuttles usually run between $90 and $400. Also, I am not holding my breath that it will carry electronics. Considering Tatooine Skiff, Y-Wing, B-Wing, TIE Interceptor, TIE Bomber, and Snowspeeder have been without electronics, I doubt the Shuttle will buck the trend.

Snake Plissken
"A little human compassion"

Beast
04-18-2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by snakeplkn
Just called FAO and the customer representative confirmed "they are taking preorders" but "just to let you know, this is no guarantee you'll get one." All they wanted was my name and phone number, too bad I can't charge for it right now and sit back and relax.
What store did you call, and what exactly did they tell you? I just called again, both the catalog and the New York 5th Avenue store and neither of them are taking pre-orders or have any information at all about them taking a pre-order list with names.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Malakite
04-18-2002, 07:05 PM
Yakface reported this on their site.

Rebelscum is reporting that FAO Schwarz will be getting the Shuttle after all. It'll be $125, avaiable this December, and according to the report, limited to only 5,000 pieces-- something this reporter assumes has to have been a typo.

UPDATE: Reader Kenny T had this to share:
"I just called the NYC FAO and they said that were not taking pre-orders whatsoever for the shuttle. The woman told me they are still in talks with LEGO (I stopped her immediately and told her it was HASBRO, NOT LEGO) but she said it did not matter, the toy isnt made yet and there are no pre-orders for a toy that hasnt even been made yet."

Interesting... we'll keep you posted with the latest on this one!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SithDroid
04-18-2002, 07:22 PM
For the price that FAO will be charging you could probably get the vintage one on ebay for roughly the same price. Why is the price so high? It isn't like it is a huge vehicle. I'd say that $50 is a more feasible price. Either way I'll just wait for them to clog the shelves at FAO just like the Faambas and then I'll get one. I seriously doubt they will be limited to 5,000.

chewie
04-18-2002, 07:24 PM
FAO Exclusive + limited run of 5000 + $120 (excluding shipping) price tag + no extras and no confirmed electronics = incredibly bad rip-off

Dryanta
04-18-2002, 07:29 PM
I just called the FAO on Boyleston Street in Boston Ma.
They took my info over the phone and will be emailing me Tomorrow to confirm the availibility of my order.
THEY ARE EXTREMLY LIMITED!!!
No real numbers were given to me but she said they got their email from the HQ today."The company is about 75% smaller than before so these ships will be extremly limited."
I asked if I would definately be getting one and she said she would contact the office to find out if my name is within their alottment number.Please,please.please!!
She'll e-mail me tomorrow with the answer.Hurry up and call guys!!It may already be too late:cry:

Jargo
04-18-2002, 07:33 PM
Harumph..........

Lord Tenebrous
04-18-2002, 08:09 PM
Well, there's still the LEGO shuttle, right? Right?

Well, I'm liking it more in light of this. :stupid:

Darth Ovori
04-18-2002, 08:18 PM
Well either way 125.00 is plan stupid!!!

Lets be honest how much doe's it really cost them to produce it, package and ship it... Now remember this, one pair of Ni*e shoe's costs 2,85 US dollars to produce including labour, material and etc... ( this is before the agents and various midldlemen prices)

I think theres gonna be a alot of Starwars fanatics ripped off...

DarthMaulSithLord
04-18-2002, 08:19 PM
This is the final drop! I am stopping with my Star Wars collection. I can't take this crap anymore. How the hell can i spend $300+ on a toy! What is Hasbro thinking! I was so looking forward to the Y-, B-Wing and the Shuttle (they are my favs), but Hasbro managed to screw them all up. I want electronics and accurate and authentic styling dammit! Scaled landing gear, electronic sounds, a nice pack-in action figure. Is that too much to ask? Why can other companies do what the fans want and why can't Hasbro? All Star Wars is going to hell because of them, hell they already did. Just my luck, i collect three toylines and two of them are from Hasbro. What the hell was i thinking.

Thx for killing off Jurassic Park and now Star Wars Hasbro, you got my vote for THE WORST toy company ever. May you guys forever rot in hell for this. Stop screwing us over! Sjeez.

People, e-mail Hasbro and tell them what you think. If we can flood their inbox i'm sure they'll re-think this mistake.

Here's their e-mail addy:

Hasbro (consumer_support@hasbro.com)

:crazed:

RooJay
04-18-2002, 10:51 PM
Now, ya know...F.A.O. has no intention of limiting these things to one per person. If they do I'll be seriously shocked.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-18-2002, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
Is everybody giving stock in this rebelscum rumor? At this point is this item confirmed by anyone besides this Mike guy? I'll give it more credence if and when SSG gets evidence of it. Steve won't post stuff unless it's been confirmed from the source.

OK, I've seen the post on SSG confirmed by other people. I'll believe it, I just won't buy it. Especially not without seeing it and making sure it's nota POC before plunking down $125.

he-ro
04-18-2002, 11:24 PM
I don't care if it's $500, I still will buy one. My favorite vehicle. I will be heading to my local FAO to find out more. May the force be with me!

jedihunter25
04-19-2002, 12:15 AM
I think that information from rebelscum is B.S. When they first started these rumors a month ago, I called several FAO's and no one knew about it, then I e-mailed them and they said that if it does turn out to be an FAO exclusive and when it's confirmed, you can pre-order it from their website. I just checked and guess what? No shuttle.

LTBasker
04-19-2002, 01:14 AM
Actually a possible good way to get an Imp. Shuttle is to just buy it in pieces from various sellers then put it together. Might get it for cheaper than a complete shuttle.

Sidiously Darth
04-19-2002, 02:46 AM
About a month ago, I could have bought a loose, mint condition Vintage Imperial Shuttle off of ebay, and that was the buy now price. Plus the electronics worked.

Anyway, I convinced myself that was too much. Little did I realize this would happen.:rolleyes: :confused: :frus: :( :mad:

Hasbro can be a bunch of :greedy: butt:Pirate: s sometimes!

Wooooof
04-19-2002, 03:50 AM
When I was 12, I saw the old ROTJ catalog and spied the Imperial Shuttle. From that moment on I wanted one and it was always to be a major goal in my collecting. When the Star Wars line was relaunched in 1995, I thought "cool, they'll re-release the Shuttle and I won't have to pay several hundred dollars for one." I figured the vehicle was waaaay too cool for Hasbro not to re-release it right away. They would have to be stupid not to.

So, after over twenty years of loyalty to the Star Wars line and a lot of hoping, Hasbro pulls THIS. If this turns out to be true then I will just have to discontinue my Star Wars collecting. What's the point anymore? $125 each and only limited to 5000? For one, I don't have a credit card so I can't pre-order one. Two, FAO Schwartz doesn't exist in this part of the country. Three, with only 5000 made, scalpers are going to buy these up and mark them up to rival the vintage Shuttle prices. Screw that!

The only small glimmer of hope is the fact that every re-release of a vintage vehicle has deflated demand of it's vintage counterpart. Hopefully the same thing happens with the Shuttle and I'll be able to buy one at a decent price.

aikman
04-19-2002, 08:58 AM
$125 ?
FAO has got to be kidding.
Id sooner buy the vintage one for a sky high price like that.
Its bad enough the star wars vehicles are pricey as it is (compare em to gijoe and youll be shocked)

If i recall original prices correctly
tie=20
xwing=35
fx xwing=50
at at=75
princess starship= 99

For what you get, those prices are ridiculous, they sometimes throw in an exclusive fig just to force completists to buy them, what a joke.
Limited numbered now? Thats all we need, hard enough to buy regular items, let alone exclusive one, let alone exclusive numbered editions, i give up

$125? keep it fao...

aikman
04-19-2002, 09:02 AM
he-ro?
I hope you were joking if you would pay $500 for one, if you werent , that is a real problem

pthfnder89
04-19-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by DarthMaulSithLord
This is the final drop! I am stopping with my Star Wars collection. I can't take this crap anymore. How the hell can i spend $300+ on a toy! What is Hasbro thinking! I was so looking forward to the Y-, B-Wing and the Shuttle (they are my favs), but Hasbro managed to screw them all up. I want electronics and accurate and authentic styling dammit! Scaled landing gear, electronic sounds, a nice pack-in action figure. Is that too much to ask? Why can other companies do what the fans want and why can't Hasbro? All Star Wars is going to hell because of them, hell they already did. Just my luck, i collect three toylines and two of them are from Hasbro. What the hell was i thinking.

Thx for killing off Jurassic Park and now Star Wars Hasbro, you got my vote for THE WORST toy company ever. May you guys forever rot in hell for this. Stop screwing us over! Sjeez.

People, e-mail Hasbro and tell them what you think. If we can flood their inbox i'm sure they'll re-think this mistake.

Here's their e-mail addy:

Hasbro (consumer_support@hasbro.com)

:crazed:

Whoa there fella! It's someone's nap time :D

Seriously though, as someone else mentioned here; if you've gotten angry about toys in the last week it might be time to pick up a less stressful hobby. :)

Wolfwood319
04-19-2002, 10:25 AM
Now now, let's not have everyone get their knickers in a twist. Its just a toy, people. If you don't like the price, don't buy it. You people ***** about Hasbro, but you fail to realize that Hasbro is a business. Hasbro concentrates on profits. You people whine and complain, but you never stop to realize what Hasbro has done for you collectors. You still have a Star Wars line, don't you? If you don't like them, don't buy them. No one put a gun to your head. Here Hasbro is releasing the shuttle that people have been asking for, and all you do is complain.

Jason B
04-19-2002, 10:49 AM
it has been confirmed by more than a few sources, (my uncle for one, i was right there when he called the FAO in Boston) and it is $125, and they are taking pre-orders, and they are extremely limited. don't believe it? call the FAO Nearest to you (http://www.fao.com/aboutfao/stores.cfm).

SithDroid
04-19-2002, 11:26 AM
It probably only costs Hasbro about $10 - $15 max to make the shuttle. How they can justify selling it for a 1,000% profit is beyond me.:rolleyes:

Oh Hasbro, what a sorry little company you have become.

Amanamike
04-19-2002, 11:35 AM
Can you pre-order tis item on line?? Im from Canada where there isnt any FAO Shwarz stores, and we get tottally screwed on these exclusives. And if its 125 US that means its about $200 canadian funds plus the shipping. I think if it comes to that I will just buy one thats been opened later on on ebay or something, maybe even an older one from the 80s. This is crazy if you ask me, but we all need a shuttle thats for sure, one of the most remembered parts of all the movies.

aikman
04-19-2002, 12:02 PM
FYI
NYC FAO claims its a hoax,
That FAO is 'IN TALKS' with hasbro , no item exists at this point, there is NO reserve list or anything like that

Dryanta
04-19-2002, 12:11 PM
Well the girl I spoke to in Boston reffered to an Corperate notice recieved yesterday afternoon that said they were to start taking preorders now.The list was long enough last night that she could not confirm if I would actually get one.She is supposed to be contacting me today with the yeah or nay.She new what I was calling about before I told her I was asking about the shuttle.This not the only report coming from New York on this.There are alot of other stores that may either be better informed or misinformed about the situation.I didn't take the chance and called,and I'm glad I did.
Two stores have supposedly said that once the preorder number reaches 5000 then they will stop because the production run will be all accounted for.I'd call a different store just in case

NiktosRule
04-19-2002, 12:42 PM
I'm glad that I don't want the Shuttle. I don't think the ship is really that cool and you can't do anything with it. We never saw what it could do under fire. I'm glad there is no pack in Imperial Dignitary. This is one item I would never think about getting. I'd never get any SW figure for $125 either.

Quit complaining about Hasbro though. They are out to make money. You know so they can stay in business. The real world is all about making money.

Jargo
04-19-2002, 12:52 PM
Wolfwood, maybe people are *****ing but as you so succinctly pointed out, hasbro is a business and about profits. But this price is an FAO price not a hasbro price. FAO will have bought these in at a heck of lot less than $125. The main gripe isn't so much the price but the availability. The shuttle is the holy grail of star wars collectors, it's the vehicle most people wish to own, the one that gets the most interest. few owned the vintage version and most were desperate for a re-issue now. but this is a shot in the back to have a vehicle that is so craved released as a store exclusive and limited to just 5000 AND a US only store exclusive. yet again excludeing the rest of the world. There are plenty of stores worldwide who would take orders for this vehicle in conjunction with a movie year and the product that will no doubt fly of the shelves once the fever of AOTC kicks in post May 16.
But now most of us will still be gazing through the metaphorical window of the toystore at the fabled vehicle that we cannot have.
Don't tell me that I gripe for no reason please. This is artificially hyping the collectible value of toys. It precludes and totally excludes so many that would have spent the cash but can't now.
Disappointment and anger are totally justified here. This is betraying the people who have faithfully been collecting them all like Hasbro urge for all these years. Often struggling to do so. To limit the release of this to just one store is appalling and quite frankly despicable. And to allow the store in question to set such a high price on this thing is scandalous. Corporate greed like this is what gets up the noses of other countries. The quick route to a fast buck. I feel sick to my stomach just thinking about this.

SithDroid
04-19-2002, 01:04 PM
Well said EJ. I agree with you 100%.

eliwankenobi
04-19-2002, 01:07 PM
If only I still had my original Imperial Shuttle. I picked it up at TRU in '84 for only $15!!! Unfortunately, during the lull in SW interest in the late 80's, much of my original collection was sold at garage sales (still kicking myself EVERY DAY for this one!!!).

I HATE EXCLUSIVES!!! Damn Hasbro!!!

I've been fuming about the impossibility of finding a TIE Bomber (one of my fave ships) in my area, and now to hear that the Imperial Shuttle is to be re-released in such limited numbers at such an outrageous pricemakes me want to quit collecting alltogether.

Despite my love of SW, since '95 collecting these things has been a total pain in the @ss!! And that's just for the regular figures and ships. Throw in all their g@d@mn exclusives and it's enough to drive a dedicated fan insane. And I don't just blame Hasbro, even though they're production and release practices suck! I also think that eBay is much to blame as it has given the opportunity to anyone to become a toy scalper.

I, as so many more of you, am not thinking twice about coughing up $125 for a rehashed Imperial Shuttle. ]

What a rip off and utter insult to true SW fans!!!

And if I can't get a TIE Bomber at retail price, I'm done!!!

Hasbro, may you all die in the Spice Mines of Kessel!!!!! :mad:

nwookie
04-19-2002, 01:16 PM
Whats the big uproar over only 5,000 units? Isn't the point of most collections to own something rare or unique? Or do you all not care about the whole uniqueness issue and just want the toys regardless of there being 1 or 1 billion made? It seems like a lot of you do with all the searching for "variations" and things.

As for the $125 price. Very expensive. Heck, I'd sell my original for that much (of course its not boxed and has a very poor win-loss record from when I was little versus my Millenium Falcon :p )

Dryanta
04-19-2002, 01:27 PM
I'll pay the buck 25 for it but it's nuts.
The website needs to be opened up to everyone everywhere.No more retail exclusives!!!!Make to order numbers plus a small surplus and Make some sense and us happy!!
Hasbro is in it for the money and more power to them that's what business is about,but this type of situation makes no business sense.
Meet demand.Scalpers are already creating a shortage at retail Hasbro should not be adding to the problem.
I agree completly with Jargo,We are the ones who want this product and it is our hard earned money that has kept the Star Wars license viable and profitalbe all these years.Why Kick us in the Head over and over?
I will try and pick up an extra Snowspeeder and Tie Bomber tuesday morning.I'll sell them to someone who needs them at cost plus shipping.I'll ***** and do something to help at the same time.It'll mean my finances won't allow me to get any AOTC stuff for awhile but Hey this makes me sick to Stomach too.We all need to do something to eleviate the pressure of this hobby.For each other and ourselves.
Come on guys step and swing.Hasbro isn't really listening to us,let's make the fixes that we can.

LTBasker
04-19-2002, 01:41 PM
I collect to collect, not build up a savings bond in plastic form. Granted it is nice to have "rare" and "unique" pieces, but why is it nice? Because you can enjoy them, and how do we enjoy them? By knowing we haven't spent and arm and a leg for the item. :D I'am a completist, but I have my limits, and the shuttle goes past those limits. IMO, for the price of it and the features it has, well it's absolutely not worth it.

I actually agree with Jargo on this. :D This is much worse than the Faamba situation, that was a whole new sculpt and it was even over-priced, the only thing different about the shuttle from the vintage version is that it'll most likely be non-electronic therefore having a meaningless horendous front leg which was originally housing the button for the sound F/X and this time they'll spring the $2 for a paint kit at Wal-Mart to make it look like it went through a thousand firing Star Destroyers and back.

My final thoughts: :eek: :mad: :stupid: :Pirate: :cry: :dead: :zzz:

InsaneJediGirl
04-19-2002, 01:45 PM
I totally agree with EJ!:happy:

I personally think we should all ask the plastic makers at the Fighting 501st website to whip Imperial Shuttles for collectors.;)

I think this is a set back in collecting.No one outside the US can get them.Not fair,at least offer the shuttle by mail-order in Canada and UK/Europe.

Lets all pray these things rot on the shelves...:Pirate: :Pirate:

LTBasker
04-19-2002, 01:52 PM
I'm sure those ones that scalpers can't afford at the time will rot. This definitely would do much better as a Wal-Mart exclusive, especially for Christmas! An 80-100 toy like the Shuttle for Christmas at Wal-Mart would really be a Christmas present! Plus it would most likely be way more available to other countries to get their own shipments from Hong Kong.

Ya know, even though the SW line is mostly supported by collectors, it doesn't mean you gotta make an extremely limited edition of a TOY.

he-ro
04-19-2002, 01:52 PM
It is confirmed, and not a hoax! Love it or leave it, folks.

eliwankenobi
04-19-2002, 02:29 PM
I agree with LTB, I don't understand what the rationale is in thinking that an 'exclusive' toy is worth any more than a general release toy.
I certainly don't feel like I won the lottery by finding a Y-Wing. IMO, my T-16 Skyhopper is worth just as much as my Tatooine Skiff.
If shelling out $125 for a rehash of the Imperial Shuttle will let me immediately retire and live in comfort and happiness, then I might think differently.
Otherwise, it's just a scam and an insult to the fans to whom it means the most.

DOWN WITH EXCLUSIVES!!!

bigbarada
04-19-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
Now now, let's not have everyone get their knickers in a twist. Its just a toy, people. If you don't like the price, don't buy it. You people ***** about Hasbro, but you fail to realize that Hasbro is a business. Hasbro concentrates on profits. You people whine and complain, but you never stop to realize what Hasbro has done for you collectors. You still have a Star Wars line, don't you? If you don't like them, don't buy them. No one put a gun to your head. Here Hasbro is releasing the shuttle that people have been asking for, and all you do is complain.

It's the way Hasbro is releasing it that is ticking everyone off. The problem is that most Star Wars collectors want this toy and 5000 units will not be enough to fill demand. Not to mention people without an FAO Schwartz in their area are completely left out of the loop. Plus, if you don't have a credit card your screwed. For FAO and Hasbro to release the toy this way is the ultimate slap in the face for all SW collectors.

LTBasker, the handle with the switch on it, doesn't control the electronics, it controls the wing lowering mechanism. However, the parts used on vintage shuttles were very fragile and broke fairly often. Considering this will probably be a half-a&&ed re-release with no electronics, then we can assume that it will contain the same flawed mechanics inside.

LTBasker
04-19-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada

LTBasker, the handle with the switch on it, doesn't control the electronics, it controls the wing lowering mechanism. However, the parts used on vintage shuttles were very fragile and broke fairly often. Considering this will probably be a half-a&&ed re-release with no electronics, then we can assume that it will contain the same flawed mechanics inside.

Probably not. Remember the Y-wing re-release had weaker landing gear than the vintage one because they used some plastic rod for one of the main mechanishm pieces (I think) and they didn't assemble it right. That won't be assembly required parts rattling around inside the box, that'll be the already broken inerds. :p

Jason B
04-19-2002, 03:18 PM
everyone's jumping to the assumption that there will be no extra's and everything, but you don't know this is true. it's coming out late this year. wake up please.

LTBasker
04-19-2002, 03:20 PM
From Rebelscum's reports, it has been confirmed there will be NO pack-in and when it comes to the electronics it seems they're dumbfounded on that subject.

Dryanta
04-19-2002, 03:47 PM
O.K. guys I said I post again when I recieved to promised email from FAo.I just got it.
"I just wanted to follow up with you reguarding our Star Wars exclusive.It should be available in December and you are guaranteed this item!Please contact any member of our personal shopping department if you have any additional questions."
Name with held by me.
Just thought I'd let you know it is real and they are taking pre orders.Good luck guys
Also I believe the reports about no pack in figure and wait and see about the electronics.Would not surprise me if it has none