PDA

View Full Version : is it just me or is hasbro someitmes......

Paul-Kenobi
04-18-2002, 02:55 PM
i'm really asame of this but this isnt the first time hasbro has done something insane

http://www.tradefederation.net/img/hand.jpg

what has come over hasbro....:rolleyes:

Dryanta
04-18-2002, 03:06 PM
considering the possible status of the Shuttle this fall it may not be a mistake but a message from Hasbro to us collectors

Paul-Kenobi
04-18-2002, 03:17 PM
i guess now we know........

JEDIpartner
04-18-2002, 03:27 PM
I think they fashioned that hand in tribute to EMPEROR JARGO. After all... he's flashed them the "Sith Hello" almost non-stop since they unveiled their plans for the AOTC line! :D

Paul-Kenobi
04-18-2002, 03:29 PM
LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Jargo
04-18-2002, 04:15 PM
And to think I was going to buy a dexter too...... What do I care if Hasbro don't like me for criticising their wares. Maybe if they'd listened during the POTJ period instead of vanishing deep up their own rectums, we might not be having to endure these atrocious gimmicks that are ruining every figure. Buttons and wheels in the backs of figures, slashing actions, leg squeezing actions, magnets, death rictus faces. It's beyond a joke. I've been looking forward to a spending spree for over a year because I love the designs and the characters and then Hasbro goes and screws it all up by making the figures less than useless.
And it's not just the first few that are intended for the kids either, it's all of them by the looks of it. All with stupid gimmicky features inflicted on perfectly good sculpts.

I said a while ago that i would be spending my money elsewhere and it looks like that will indeed be thee case now. I'll buy the few figures that haven't been given rickets or the gizmos and that's not a lot. I'm not just disappointed now, I'm ******* angry.

Battle Droid
04-18-2002, 04:22 PM
Doesn't Dexter only have 4 fingers on each hand?

That's what it looks like.

LTBasker
04-18-2002, 05:18 PM
This isn't really new. POTJ Plo Koon anyone? :D

Darth Ovori
04-18-2002, 05:40 PM
Leg squezzing action... hmmm... How about a Leg splitting action Padme...

Hey, I'm thinking about an action feature when she's doing all those big looping, acrobatic, jumps over the battle Droids in the final battle... :D

This shows how serious I'm taking Hasbro's stupid gimmics!!!
Well, less money for them this year from me...

Battle Droid
04-18-2002, 06:10 PM
Plo Koon only has 4 fingers on each hand also, (No middle finger)

LTBasker
04-19-2002, 01:07 AM
Yeah but one figure very noticeably is sticking out more than the other fingers, I think it's also the longer finger do to they claw thing being on that finger on each hand.

Paul-Kenobi
04-19-2002, 01:42 AM
i can't beleave hasbro would put the F finger on dexter....

4 more days guys......4 LONG DAYS!!!!!!:dead:

Beast
04-19-2002, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Paul-Kenobi
i can't beleave hasbro would put the F finger on dexter....
4 more days guys......4 LONG DAYS!!!!!!:dead:
It's only the middle finger, when you have 5 of them. :D And I know what you mean about the wait....ugh. Luckily I have 10 figures coming on Saturday to keep me sane until the 23rd. Not that I am really sane, anyway. :crazed:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
04-19-2002, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Maybe if they'd listened during the POTJ period instead of vanishing deep up their own rectums, we might not be having to endure these atrocious gimmicks that are ruining every figure.

THIS is exactly why Jargo is my hero... 24/7... You KNOW I'm on your side...

And a big "Sith Hello" from ME to HASBRO! (not because of Dexter, either)

IcebergSlim
04-19-2002, 09:28 AM
There's a great line in the latest issue of Toyfare.

"If toys have gotten you angry in the last 30 days, it might be time to take up something less stressful."

LTBasker
04-19-2002, 09:33 AM
I don't get what the big deal is over.. it's a FINGER mold. It's not a gimmick! Dexter is like one of (if not) the best SAGA figures so far! Awesome detail, very neutral posed, BIG, no gimmicks and if you don't like the electric thing, then put it on a droid or throw it out.

JEDIpartner
04-19-2002, 09:47 AM
Whoa!!! :eek:

Who substituted your Pop Tarts with POOP Tarts this morning??? I certainly hope this wasn't directed at ME... since I am a fan of the Dexter figure... and- it IS the best figure in the line!

Dryanta
04-19-2002, 10:06 AM
It's no big deal to me.It does look a little silly if you look at it with the sith hello in mind.I too really like the figure.
I couldn't help but make the comment I made earlier though.With 27 figures,three ships(not counting the Bomber and Snowspeeder),one beast,two 12' I want in one day,and the current Shuttle fiasco,If Hasbro isn't using a figures finger to send us a message their release schedule seems to be!!:greedy: :evil:
let me just say out of fairness it may be an effort on Hasbro's part to get it all to us at once and make us happy.But I doubt it.

pthfnder89
04-19-2002, 10:13 AM
Can't say I care one way or another about it.