PDA

View Full Version : Obi-wans injuries?

jblodgett
04-18-2002, 05:04 PM
Having seen some of the spoiler pics -- it appears that Obiwan is injured by Dooku-- having his legs and possibly his arms "cut" by Dooku's lightsaber.

Question--- why cut off Anakin's arm and just stab Obiwan a couple times?

mrhat
04-18-2002, 05:17 PM
Obi-Wan is only sliced by Dooku, I am not sure why he doesnt finish him then though... I suppose he can't, bound by movies past i suppose. He can do whatever he wants to anikin, as long as he doesnt kill him, because you never see Vaders Body, except the hand luke cuts off which is electronic, so Ani had to get it cut off at one time or another. Obi-Wan gets a beating though, man o man.

Beast
04-18-2002, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by mrhat
Obi-Wan is only sliced by Dooku, I am not sure why he doesnt finish him then though... I suppose he can't, bound by movies past i suppose. He can do whatever he wants to anikin, as long as he doesnt kill him, because you never see Vaders Body, except the hand luke cuts off which is electronic, so Ani had to get it cut off at one time or another. Obi-Wan gets a beating though, man o man.
Dooku most likely doesn't want to kill Obi-Wan out of respect to his former student Qui-Gon Jinn's memory. That's why he tries to talk him into joining him earlier in the movie. During the duel he does slice his arm, and it looks like he stabs him in the leg with his saber, but doesn't try to make any killing blows until Obi-Wan is knocked out. He then apperantly decides that since Obi-Wan won't be turned, he is less of a threat to the plan dead, and goes to kill him when Anakin blocks Dooku's saber with his and then they go at it. :cool:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=65350

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jblodgett
04-18-2002, 05:43 PM
Man oh man...

I can hardly wait to see this movie!!!!!!

I assume then at some point Anakin picks up the saber Obi-wan had been fighting with and takes on Dooku with the two sabers?

And where can I see the rest of that comic? Even the artwork looks good!

Omega Fett
04-18-2002, 07:36 PM
you guessed right

mrhat
04-18-2002, 07:55 PM
Yeah, I forgot about that anikin kind of saving Abi from Dookus saber... Another interesting line that i read in the comic was obi wan outside the night club, he says, "Anikin will be the death of me" nice touch George...

Battle Droid
04-18-2002, 10:04 PM
From the comic Dooku is about to finish Obi off and Anakin blocks his saber with his ( this is before Anakin loses his arm)

Dooku trys to finish both Obi and Anakin off by dropping a big crane on them with the Force but Yoda gets under it and keeps it from falling on them with the Force.